Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 41  All

Author Topic: M52: Death Note Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 140716 times)

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: M52: Death Note Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #400 on: October 19, 2014, 08:31:15 pm »

1 down, 3 to go - I'm getting less and less sure about my reads though. Basically everyone but teproc and ADK look scummy to me, but they can't all be scum. I'm going to reread and see what I see.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: October 19, 2014, 10:03:20 pm »

Awesome !

Off the top of my head, sudgy probably looks the scummiest based on Eevee's flip.

I still think WW has a decent chance of being scum.

What, seriously?

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: October 19, 2014, 10:59:27 pm »

I think the only one of my reads that's changed significantly with Eevee's flip is, e looks townier.

I've been thinking about this, and scum a) has daychat, b) has no nightkill and c) has (had) four members, which means they're going to be thinking a lot more about how they're interacting with each other. I would expect that there's going to be some pretty significant bussing from scum, especially since it's easier to have one partner bus while another counteracts it. So I'm pretty sure there's scum on wagon here. My most likely guess would be WW, though I'm not sure I would entirely discount Teproc. The question, though, is whether we should shoot on or off. I think my biggest off-wagon scumread is probably Sudgy.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: October 19, 2014, 11:02:01 pm »

For stuff that's happened today, WW being very active when he was super quiet at the end of yesterday is suspicious to me. He was online and not posting while I was about to shoot, there were 4 members looking at the thread but I'm not sure how to look at who that is? e was there up until the very end, and so was Hydrad, and so was I.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: October 19, 2014, 11:15:08 pm »

I wasn't online while you were shooting.  I didn't see it until after, when I caught up and made a post. 

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: October 20, 2014, 02:23:15 am »

Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: October 20, 2014, 08:50:24 am »

Awesome !

Off the top of my head, sudgy probably looks the scummiest based on Eevee's flip.

What, seriously?

I fully expect scum to bus in this setup, and you were on the chopping block anyway. I'll have to reread to see if it makes sense though.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: October 20, 2014, 09:43:42 am »

Awesome !

What, seriously?

I fully expect scum to bus in this setup, and you were on the chopping block anyway. I'll have to reread to see if it makes sense though.

I wasn't really on the chopping block when you left me for Eevee.  Well maybe you can argue I wanted to get the Eevee wagon going to keep things away from me, but at that point you were lamenting how hard it was to get my wagon rolling.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: October 20, 2014, 12:38:10 pm »

oh interesting I learned a new word. "lamenting".

I do still think WW is scummy. but hes more on the backburner right now. I think XP is scummiest for actions (but I always vote for him to get lynched...) and sudgy also is scummy for lurking and no one mentioning him? I'm guessing his scum partners didn't want to draw attention to sudgy?
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: October 20, 2014, 12:56:28 pm »

Vote: Xerxes

As e mentioned, he voted for Eevee but left, and he was on my wagon and on e's, who I'm starting to think is more town.  Also, XP hasn't done much of anything very XP like this game. 

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: October 20, 2014, 01:28:00 pm »

As e mentioned, he voted for Eevee but left, and he was on my wagon and on e's, who I'm starting to think is more town.  Also, XP hasn't done much of anything very XP like this game. 

By definition, everything I do is XP like. What do you mean?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: October 20, 2014, 01:30:51 pm »

By definition, everything I do is XP like. What do you mean?

For me, the norm for you is you being town.  So XP-like is like town!XP-like... like, yeah.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: October 20, 2014, 01:48:29 pm »

I feel like I'm acting just the same (maybe a little less confident). What are you talking about?

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: October 20, 2014, 03:43:40 pm »

I feel like I'm acting just the same (maybe a little less confident). What are you talking about?

You honestly feel townier to me then usual. The reason I think you scummy is the positions you took on wagons.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: October 20, 2014, 11:35:43 pm »

ADK, when are you planning on shooting today? 

Because I would not complain if you shortened the day a little bit.  Because if we do 10-day days, every time, this game will last a long time even if we shoot scum every time.  I mean, this game could theoretically last up to 80 days or so at a 10-day day rate.  I don't think anyone wants that.

I think that the gun-bearer (whoever it is) should set a reasonable (or unreasonable- they are the gunbearer after all) timeline at the beginning of each day for when the shot will happen.  Then the rest of us adjust to that. 

And my reads haven't changed from my last post and nothing else has really happened since then either.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: October 21, 2014, 01:01:41 am »

I can see some logic behind that, but I also want to give some chance for discussion, and some Axxle is on VLA. Would people be too upset if I resolved to shoot by this Friday?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: October 21, 2014, 01:59:04 am »

I can see some logic behind that, but I also want to give some chance for discussion, and some Axxle is on VLA. Would people be too upset if I resolved to shoot by this Friday?

sounds good to me! honestly if you really wanted you could do surprise shootings. Although I'm not sure if that would help scum or town...

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: October 21, 2014, 06:18:15 am »

Shortening deadlines? Why? Longer games is good for town, no?

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: October 21, 2014, 10:28:57 am »

Shortening deadlines? Why? Longer games is good for town, no?

I don't know If I want a 3 month long mafia game...

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: October 21, 2014, 10:37:40 am »

Longer games can also cause town to lose interest (see: Legend of Zelda) and then scum can get away with lurking more because it isn't clear who's doing it because they're scum and who's just disinterested town. I won't shoot too quickly, and I want to hear everyone's thoughts on it, but it's an idea worth considering. Also keep posting reads, we don't want discussion to be bogged down with this.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: October 21, 2014, 01:10:26 pm »

Longer games can also cause town to lose interest (see: Legend of Zelda) and then scum can get away with lurking more because it isn't clear who's doing it because they're scum and who's just disinterested town. I won't shoot too quickly, and I want to hear everyone's thoughts on it, but it's an idea worth considering. Also keep posting reads, we don't want discussion to be bogged down with this.

dunno, I did a complete reread of Hydrad in Zelda mafia, and he seemed so scummy to me that lynching anyone else seemed like a crazy move. I don't think town lost that game because it went on for long, but because Hydrad looked scummy. no offense.

but you got a point, and it's not up to me anyway.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: October 21, 2014, 03:15:27 pm »

Well everyone should know my reads by now. sudgy and XP and both scum! does anyone have defenses on these people or a good reason they think someone else is scum? It seems sudgy wagon is getting a decent amount of support. Which slightly worries me in how fast its happening and how no one is really fighting it. I really think scum is going to fight hard if we are about to lynch another member.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: October 22, 2014, 09:48:45 am »

So I halfway through my reread of eevee/reactions to eevee (WW, your signature does not help ;) and just want to note that it was quite a battle between e and eevee. Not sure if it was heavy bussing or town vs scum though

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: October 22, 2014, 09:50:46 am »

So I halfway through my reread of eevee/reactions to eevee (WW, your signature does not help ;) and just want to note that it was quite a battle between e and eevee. Not sure if it was heavy bussing or town vs scum though

Well, e is the kind of guy that would stage that, I think.  Eevee less so, but he might ago along with it.  They can coordinate it with chat. 

But, I'm thinking the more likely case is that Eevee tried to push a case against e for a "mislynch" and it just didn't work out.

Protip: Search for "Goko username: Eevee" (or whomever).

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: October 22, 2014, 11:32:09 am »

Protip: Search for "Goko username: Eevee" (or whomever).

But I do not want to read just eevee, but talk about him as well
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 41  All

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 20 queries.