Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 41  All

Author Topic: M52: Death Note Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 140777 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
Re: M52: Death Note Mafia
« Reply #300 on: October 17, 2014, 05:02:07 pm »

I'm pretty sure there is at least one scum in e or WW. but e's wagon got high really quickly. I think thats something more likely to happen as town. I'm going to go to

Vote: WW

Also its pretty much time for WW to be scum again i think.

"Pretty sure" ... why?

Nah thats not the real reason I'm voting you. Just felt like putting it in there.

"I'm pretty sure there is at least one scum in e or WW. but e's wagon got high really quickly. I think thats something more likely to happen as town. I'm going to go to

Vote: WW"

Sounds like the fakest of fake reasons, like you could have put any name there instead of "WW" and have nothing change.  Why bother looking like you're making an argument at all?

Fun fact: "I'm pretty sure there is at least one scum in X or Y" is something I did a lot as scum~

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 17, 2014, 05:05:56 pm »

I realize its not a very good case but with day 1 there isn't a whole lot to go off of. I'm going with the thought that scum is going to try extremely hard to not get shot day 1. So i really don't think if e was scum his wagon would have gotten that close. that makes me think hes towny. I guess its not even between you or e any more. I'm fairly sure that e is town and I think you are scum.

The biggest thing here is I don't have an amazing case for why you are scum... I just have a feeling.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 17, 2014, 05:06:56 pm »

I realize its not a very good case but with day 1 there isn't a whole lot to go off of. I'm going with the thought that scum is going to try extremely hard to not get shot day 1. So i really don't think if e was scum his wagon would have gotten that close. that makes me think hes towny. I guess its not even between you or e any more. I'm fairly sure that e is town and I think you are scum.

The biggest thing here is I don't have an amazing case for why you are scum... I just have a feeling.

This sounds a lot like backpeddling to me.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 17, 2014, 08:10:38 pm »

I'm comfortable shooting out of WW, Eevee or e. If people feel strongly about anyone else, now's the time to start making your case. I know I said I would shoot out of the biggest wagon, and I probably will, but I'll go back and look over those three sometime between now and Sunday morning and see if anything changes my mind.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 17, 2014, 09:50:35 pm »

All those targets are great. I don't really care which, so not sure what to say.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 17, 2014, 09:53:11 pm »

I guess I'd rank ww/eevee as better "lynches" than eevee, but whatever.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 18, 2014, 05:35:42 am »

guys, let us kill EgorK. there is no good case in this game. it has never been a better time to lynch a lurker. (I know this is also my least active game so far, but I really didn't know what to post)

I don't like the e case. I'm not sold on WW, but he's probably above readable for me, so I don't really know. And Eevee, I'm not sure. That wouldn't be terrible.

but let's do EgorK. A total of 5 posts, and about half of them about how we should kill Axxle.

vote: EgorK

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 18, 2014, 08:51:00 am »

Why you do not want to kill Axxle?

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 18, 2014, 09:10:38 am »

Why you do not want to kill Axxle?

why do you want to shoot Axxle?  I mean, you haven't actually presented anything resembling a case about him. 
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 18, 2014, 10:47:46 am »

The problem with shooting someone who's lurking is if they're town, they get the gun.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 18, 2014, 10:56:39 am »

The problem with shooting someone who's lurking is if they're town, they get the gun.

yeah.  This was brought up before, I believe by WW.  It is an interesting question.  Because if scum lurks and we never shoot a lurker, well, scum will eventually win.  I just don't know that shooting a lurker is the right thing to do D1.  Personally, I find people who post more much townier in general, so eventually lurking scum will be PoEed onto my list of "want to get shot." 

That being said, I think eevee is the perfect combination of lurker/scummy player for a D1 shot.  He has yet to respond to my case against him, maybe because he can't figure out a good defense because he is in fact scum
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 18, 2014, 10:57:43 am »

Eevee's not lurking this game.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 18, 2014, 11:15:12 am »

I'm going to

vote: ww

because e doesn't seem to be happening and I like the case on him better than the one on eevee.

I'm not willing to lynch anyone but them. Although EgorK and Hydrad look scummy to me, I think one of those three is better because if they flip town they'll be more useful for us.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 18, 2014, 11:15:44 am »

Post count 1.0
1. Eevee
2. Hydrad
3. Witherweaver
4. Teproc
5. silverspawn
6. XerxesPraelor
7. sudgy
8. A Drowned Kernal
9. Axxle2
10. EgorK
11. 2.71828.....

So yeah.  D1 has been going on for 9 days.  I would say 1 post per day is lurking. 

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 18, 2014, 11:17:06 am »

Axxle2 has posted more than me?! That's weird.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: October 18, 2014, 11:17:52 am »

Ok you're right, I'm surprised by this, Eevee has felt a lot more present this game than sudgy for example.

I think lurking is pretty null by the way, and I don't see a reason why we should or should kill lurkers, since whoever gets the kill doesn't matter if we still use a lynching system, which people seem to forget we agreed to at the beginning of this game.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 18, 2014, 11:18:23 am »

should or shouldn't*

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 18, 2014, 11:20:42 am »

Ok you're right, I'm surprised by this, Eevee has felt a lot more present this game than sudgy for example.

I think lurking is pretty null by the way, and I don't see a reason why we should or should kill lurkers, since whoever gets the kill doesn't matter if we still use a lynching system, which people seem to forget we agreed to at the beginning of this game.

I don't think lurking should be null. Call it a policy lynch. Lurkers should be lynched more often, otherwise lurking actually becomes the best strategy

Plus, I have almost only town reads this game. If lurkers are null, that's good enough here.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 18, 2014, 11:21:03 am »

I don't know that we completely agreed on this.  I think the matter was kind of put to the side when ADK stated very strongly that he would use this, but I don't remember ever coming to a unilateral agreement

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 18, 2014, 11:23:42 am »

I do not agree with a "lynch all lurkers" philosophy though.  In my opinion, lurking does not make a person scum, but posting makes a person seem like town.  Therefore, lurkers, in general, seem like scum to me much more than active posters.

Which might not always be the case

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 18, 2014, 11:24:46 am »

I don't think lurking should be null. Call it a policy lynch. Lurkers should be lynched more often, otherwise lurking actually becomes the best strategy

Plus, I have almost only town reads this game. If lurkers are null, that's good enough here.

This makes sense, but there are three better lynches here.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 18, 2014, 11:27:14 am »

I do not agree with a "lynch all lurkers" philosophy though.  In my opinion, lurking does not make a person scum, but posting makes a person seem like town.  Therefore, lurkers, in general, seem like scum to me much more than active posters.

Which might not always be the case

This isn't the case for me for sure - lurking gives me a null impression, so I have to compensate for that. Anyway, if you flip scum, we'll know to look for lurkers - thanks!

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 18, 2014, 11:28:27 am »

Anyway, if you flip scum, we'll know to look for lurkers - thanks!

huh?  I don't get your reasoning here.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 18, 2014, 11:33:18 am »

You're pushing us away from lynching lurkers. Now I agree we have better choices now, but we can't just let scum lurk to victory. Still, that was probably better saved until after we know that you're scum - not much use speculating now.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 18, 2014, 11:35:58 am »

I don't know that we completely agreed on this.
we absolutely didn't. maybe some people did, but not all of us.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 41  All

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 20 queries.