Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 41  All

Author Topic: M52: Death Note Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 142774 times)

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: M52: Death Note Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #550 on: October 28, 2014, 05:15:17 pm »

I am sorry, it seems I've got some nasty flu and it fairly hard to think :(

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: October 28, 2014, 06:28:57 pm »

The voting thing worked yesterday so I'm willing to go along with it, but I do like WW better than Sudgy. Therefore, vote: Witherweaver
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: October 28, 2014, 08:01:19 pm »

The voting thing worked yesterday so I'm willing to go along with it, but I do like WW better than Sudgy. Therefore, vote: Witherweaver

OMGUS.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: October 28, 2014, 08:30:26 pm »

I'll definitely look things over before I shoot, don't worry.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Axxle2

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: October 29, 2014, 12:22:08 am »

Let us be doing the going.

you just changed my life forever.  what a profound statement.

But really, what does this mean?
I'm tired of trying to read and not make progress so I'm willing to shoot our resident dango. Other candidates include Teproc who was a bit quick to abandon the eevee wagon when things got close
I may be schizophrenic, but at least I have each other.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: October 29, 2014, 01:16:17 am »

I know it's super late to say this. But I'm kinda worried about the sudgy lynch. There is so little fighting this lynch that I think he might be town as I think scum would be fighting way more. I would jump on a xp wagon if we build it up.

I know I started this sudgy wagon but it's starting to feel wrong now. I might even do WW over sudgy right now.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: October 29, 2014, 01:17:49 am »

With that said I guess I should vote: xp
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
Re: M52: Death Note Mafia
« Reply #557 on: October 29, 2014, 07:27:02 am »

current votes as updated by me:

sudgy (3): silverspawn, 2.71828, Axxle2
Hydrad (2):
Axxle2 (1): Teproc
xp (2): Witherweaver, Hydrad
Witherweaver (1): A Drowned Kernal,

Not Voting (3): , sudgy, EgorK, XerxesPraelor

Day 2 ends at 12pm FT on October 29th.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: October 29, 2014, 07:36:31 am »

oops, forgot to delete hydrad there because he has no votes right now.  The point is, it seems to be between sudgy, xp, and WW (simply because our gunbearer is voting WW).  As per my plan, I am fine with any of those three candidates

For WW it is mostly his jokey posts and generally carefree attitude that I have noticed this game that seems to be different than other games.  This is either the freedom of being town in a game that even if you are lynched you still live and get to do the most fun thing in the game (shoot people) or scum from a fresh perspective that we really haven't seen from WW before. 

Sudgy is a candidate because of his lack of activity.  It has been hard for him to get into the game, and it shows.  I don't know anything that will really fix that, and as long as town lurks, he will be fine even if he is scum.  But finding "nothing at all worth post about" (paraphrase) could easily be scum not wanting to come down hard on anything and therefore just not posting (and getting away with it because of inactive town)

xp is a candidate because of his scummy voting record.  What I said here: - XP voted on each of these wagons.  Several times for some of them.  He is also the only person that left the eevee wagon without returning to it.  I think this is actually somewhat scummy of him.  Basically, dancing around the popular wagons, but when the final vote came in he was not on the scummy one.  (that we know)

So I really think each one of these people have decent enough reasons to be shot, and am totally willing to just leave it up to ADK to decide.  I have my vote on sudgy because he is my first choice between them, but I think it would really help if everyone just voted one of these three then ADK decide (and not necessarily even the largest wagon)
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: October 29, 2014, 07:37:35 am »

oh, and teproc is voting Axxle2, but given his v/la today I am not really in favor of shooting him.  Let's just shoot him tomorrow if he is scum

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: October 29, 2014, 10:12:37 am »

I have an hour or so before I have to shoot. I'm thinking it's going to be WW, there isn't any significant wagons and enough people have said they're okay with his lynch that I don't think that I'm "going against the will of the town" or anything. Someone want to change my mind?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: October 29, 2014, 10:13:59 am »

I have an hour or so before I have to shoot. I'm thinking it's going to be WW, there isn't any significant wagons and enough people have said they're okay with his lynch that I don't think that I'm "going against the will of the town" or anything. Someone want to change my mind?

No, I think it's perfectly fine if you make your own decisions, and WW is not a bad target. I also think he'd be a good notebearer if he's town. That aspect seems to be over exaggerated, but it still exists.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: October 29, 2014, 10:19:29 am »

That's kind of what I was thinking too.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: October 29, 2014, 10:29:06 am »

I'm townzorz.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: October 29, 2014, 10:33:10 am »

The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: October 29, 2014, 10:36:40 am »

I think XP is the best target.  EgorK, Sudgy, and Axxle are tossups.  I have no reason to believe one way or the other on them.  I think Teproc is town.  So currently alive is:

Sudgy
EgorK
XP
Axxle2
Hydrad
Silver
Teproc
ADK
WW
e

There are three scum in ten, but ADK and myself are town, and I think Teproc is too, so three scum in seven.  Silver is more likely town (slightly), and I'm starting to go the other way on Hydrad.  I was giving townpoints to e for Eevee trying to get him lynched, but bussing, eh.  So I say shoot out of:

{XP, Axxle2, EgorK, Sudgy, e}

with preference on XP, depreference on e.  Slight deemphasis on Sudgy, because wouldn't Sudgy try to be doing something if he was scum almost getting shot?  (Silver brought this up, but also undermined it in the same post.  Scumpoints on Silver for that.)  Can toss Hydrad in there, I wouldn't complain.  If I get shot there's a good chance I'll just shoot from that pool.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: October 29, 2014, 11:00:34 am »

I feel pretty good about this. WW, if you are town, I would give a little more consideration to the possibility that Teproc could be scum. Either way, see ya!

Shoot: Witherweaver
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: October 29, 2014, 11:00:54 am »

Okay, before you die, sell me on Teproc.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: October 29, 2014, 11:02:39 am »

He seems to be in regular Teproc-analysis mode, which is town Teproc.  Scum!Teproc usually makes more arguments that feel a bit constructed, or finds questionable reasons to join other people's arguments.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: October 29, 2014, 11:11:14 am »

After his last successful killing of a Kira supporter, Soichiro Yagami found himself infused with a newfound confidence. For years, they had struggled against the unknown tyranny of Kira—with the special task force standing as the lone opposition for a good deal of that time. Yet now they could fight back. The Death Note the task force possessed gave them the ultimate weapon to use against Kira and his followers.

This night, Soichiro had stayed late at the office again, watching television while he looked through some old case notes. The Death Note was safely stored in the wall safe, but Soichiro was one of two men in the task force to know the combination. After Teru Mikami’s death, he didn’t feel the need to reveal his part in the incident. If it came out that he had been the killer, the information would undoubtedly come back to Kira—and whatever fear he had struck into them would be lost with that revelation.

Everyone had always looked up to him as a bulwark of unfailing justice—a man synonymous with the law. A Police Chief who had put himself in danger when no one else was willing to oppose Kira. Yet now, he wondered if he wasn’t above the draw of the Death Note. His thoughts were interrupted by the loud voice of a television announcer.

Hitoshi Demegawa
had long been known as a verbal supporter of Kira ever since he had aired the mysterious tapes that had been sent to his broadcasting station. Tapes that helped relay Kira’s dark messages to the entire world. Still, it had always been doubtful that the announcer was interested in anything more than the publicity money he got. Soichiro doubted that the man had any real connections with Kira. Yet now, Demegawa’s voice was coming clearly over the air, spreading word of how the fear of Kira had made the world a better place.

Soichiro’s eyes strayed to the wall safe. On the television, Demegawa continued his speech, each word like a thorn pressed into Soichiro’s flesh. He got up from the chair and went over to the wall safe. Entering the combination, he deftly pulled out the Death Note and took a pen from his shirt pocket. He could picture Demegawa gasping for breath as he perished on national television while praising Lord Kira. Soichiro put pen to paper and began to write.

Before Soichiro could finish, Demegawa was interrupted by a commercial break. The police chief hesitated before finishing the name. It was as if a fog had lifted from his mind. What reason did he have to do this? This was nothing like before. He had no evidence, no records or plausible theory that this man had any real connection with Kira. He put the pen down and pulled open his desk drawer with the revolver in it.

All he knew was that he couldn’t trust himself to do the right thing anymore. This would be his last service to the society that he had worked so hard to protect for all these years…

The next morning, Hitoshi Demegawa received a package with no return address in his office. Closing the door, he ripped open the manila envelope and a pitch black notebook slipped out onto his desk. He didn’t need to be told what lay in front of him—though it defied reason that one would somehow fall into his hands. He sat back in his office chair—the overhead lights turning his round glasses into shiny mirrors.

This was exactly the big break his career had needed.

A Drowned Kernal has been killed!

Witherweaver is the new Notebearer!

Day 3 ends at 2pm FT on Nov. 9th.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 11:12:49 am by AndrewisFTTW »
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: October 29, 2014, 11:13:00 am »

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: October 29, 2014, 11:28:13 am »

well, I think you could have defended yourself better, but at least it's not terrible. one scum dead, one town dead, that's okay.

so, are you gonna do this the democratic way, or are you just going to shoot whoever you want?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: October 29, 2014, 11:31:54 am »

well, I think you could have defended yourself better, but at least it's not terrible. one scum dead, one town dead, that's okay.

so, are you gonna do this the democratic way, or are you just going to shoot whoever you want?

Scum needs to defend themselves; town doesn't.  And, you'll just have to wait and see <maniacal laughter>.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: October 29, 2014, 11:34:40 am »

Scum needs to defend themselves; town doesn't.  And, you'll just have to wait and see <maniacal laughter>.

isn't this anti town? being shot is still one dead town, even if you are town. ADK is dead. that's bad. You should have defended yourself.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: October 29, 2014, 11:35:03 am »

isn't this anti town? being shot is still one dead town, even if you are town. ADK is dead. that's bad. You should have defended yourself.

Or ADK could have simply read me and concluded I wasn't scum.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 41  All

Page created in 2.124 seconds with 20 queries.