Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 41  All

Author Topic: M52: Death Note Mafia (Town wins!)  (Read 142026 times)

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
Re: M52: Death Note Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #450 on: October 24, 2014, 11:32:28 am »

sudgy was brought up, multiple times after Eevee's lynch.

Yes. But I'm meaning during day 1 it seems like he was just sliding by. Hes not anymore because I think hes scum and want to get ADK to shoot him so I'm bringing him up almost every other post.

I have no read on Sudgy.

Me neither. But I find it weird how other people were complaining about lurkers but when they named names sudgy was almost never brought up. my thought could be that scum didn't want to even point to sudgy so that he would stay off the radar? Thats where my sudgy thoughts are coming in.

?

He hasn't really said anything that makes me thing hes scummy. So thats the "me neither" part. But me feeling and others interactions towards sudgy makes me think hes scum. So thats why I think hes scum.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: October 24, 2014, 11:54:32 am »

See I kind of have a hard time believing sudgy is scum because scum knows better than to lurk this hard.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: October 24, 2014, 11:56:44 am »

See I kind of have a hard time believing sudgy is scum because scum knows better than to lurk this hard.

Well that logic would clear EgorK as well.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: October 24, 2014, 12:33:30 pm »

well if no one likes sudgy I'm more then willing to go on XP. What is everyones thoughts on him?
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: October 24, 2014, 02:17:57 pm »

actually the more I think about it the less I think WW is town.

why wouldn't eevee or scum members jump onto WW to try to save eevee? they should of been able to easily made WW the biggest wagon. eevee could of even done it out of "self preservation". Maybe they didn't because WW is also scum so they felt like they needed to jump on someone else? But then WW decided to get some town cred at the end of the day by staying on eevee?

hmm its not really adding up. It makes more sense to me if the scum team was a bunch of lurkers that wern't around for the last day or so and didn't have time to save eevee.

I still like XP more though. WW is probably in the top 3 I guess of scum.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: October 24, 2014, 02:27:57 pm »

Was Hydrad this opportunistic in the games we mislynched him in ? I don't think so right ?
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: October 24, 2014, 02:34:09 pm »

Was Hydrad this opportunistic in the games we mislynched him in ? I don't think so right ?

I've been called opportunistic many times. But I don't think this is one of those? I feel Like I have made it pretty clear who I want to get lynched and I havn't been jumping on other peoples wagons. These are all wagons that I'm trying to start? Does that still make it opportunistic?

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: October 24, 2014, 02:35:17 pm »

I guess me suddenly worrying about WW after others expressed their concerns that me and him were a scum team could be considered opportunistic...

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: October 24, 2014, 02:35:40 pm »

Your last few posts really look like you're looking for someone, anyone, to be lynched. Town read on WW ? Gone in an instant. Ambivalent on sudgy ? Nope, working for his lynch.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: October 24, 2014, 02:36:31 pm »

I think so.. that's kind of a quality of his.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: October 24, 2014, 02:39:19 pm »

Your last few posts really look like you're looking for someone, anyone, to be lynched. Town read on WW ? Gone in an instant. Ambivalent on sudgy ? Nope, working for his lynch.

oh nice I just learned a new word Ambivalent. I don't think I'm having mixed feelings about sudgy. I think hes scum but if no one will go for him I'm equally happy about XP also. The WW I'll admit I kinda swapped a bit on. I gave him a towny read after he was voting for eevee and he flipped. But you will see I thought he was scum day 1 also. Its just the more I thought about it the more it didn't add up and I realized I couldn't give him tons of cred just for that vote.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: October 24, 2014, 02:43:17 pm »

oh nice I just learned a new word Ambivalent. I don't think I'm having mixed feelings about sudgy. I think hes scum but if no one will go for him I'm equally happy about XP also. The WW I'll admit I kinda swapped a bit on. I gave him a towny read after he was voting for eevee and he flipped. But you will see I thought he was scum day 1 also. Its just the more I thought about it the more it didn't add up and I realized I couldn't give him tons of cred just for that vote.

Woah, I got weird dejavu.  Did you say something very like this somewhere else?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: October 24, 2014, 02:43:38 pm »

Oh okay:

oh interesting I learned a new word. "lamenting".

I do still think WW is scummy. but hes more on the backburner right now. I think XP is scummiest for actions (but I always vote for him to get lynched...) and sudgy also is scummy for lurking and no one mentioning him? I'm guessing his scum partners didn't want to draw attention to sudgy?

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: October 24, 2014, 02:45:21 pm »

I'm learning so many words this game!

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: October 24, 2014, 03:35:40 pm »

Okay but where are people? sudgy, xp, egork, you guys want to chime in?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: October 24, 2014, 03:36:30 pm »

silverspawn? e?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: October 24, 2014, 03:56:58 pm »

silverspawn? e?
sorry. for some reason, I lack motivation for this game, and haven't really done any rereads. well except rereading hydrad... in multiple games... and creating all sorts of stats about him... and hydrading...

ahm. I'll get to it later today.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: October 24, 2014, 03:58:01 pm »

Well that logic would clear EgorK as well.

And eevee, but he was scum.

silverspawn? e?

leaving for the weekend in like 10 minutes, just quickly skimmed through what you guys posted.  I will have to look back over hydrad later when I have time (sunday evening/monday) but he didn't really stand out much to me D1 and I didn't talk about him in my wagons post.

Everything else is still what I have from there.  I think WW is scummy, xp very suspicious, and sudgy my top choice until we hear from him.  As hard as it is to believe that 2 scum would lurk as hard as eevee/sudgy have done, it could very well be pulled off in a game with this low of activity.

so right now, scummy to not-as-scummy
sudgy
WW
xp
{EgorK, Axxles2, Hydrad}
{Teproc, Silverspawn}
{ADK, e}

Will post more when I get back from v/la this weekend.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: October 24, 2014, 04:01:52 pm »

Eevee wasn't lurking hard.. he was actively trying to get e lynched.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: October 24, 2014, 04:04:55 pm »

silverspawn? e?
sorry. for some reason, I lack motivation for this game, and haven't really done any rereads. well except rereading hydrad... in multiple games... and creating all sorts of stats about him... and hydrading...

ahm. I'll get to it later today.

Sounds good! I always enjoy your rereads. (even if they seem to make me look scummy most of the time)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: October 24, 2014, 04:05:51 pm »

don't worry, i'm pretty sure you're town here. not going to make a case against you.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: October 24, 2014, 04:06:54 pm »

don't worry, i'm pretty sure you're town here. not going to make a case against you.

woo! Someones on my side

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: October 24, 2014, 04:38:23 pm »

Alright, I'm going to be gone until late tomorrow afternoon, then I'll do a reread and post reads.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: October 24, 2014, 05:18:23 pm »

okay, general reread. I'll do more single person rereads tomorrow or something

sudgy is scummy. I usually don't do quote compilations anymore, but this one is super short

Vote: silverspawn

I agree that his first post seems like it's pushing aside suspicion when there isn't any, and it could be planned in a QT.  I usually do RVS but I actually found a legitimate reason to vote someone right away.

sudgy, have you played with silverspawn before ?

Once, but I was NKed N1 so I wasn't there long.

sudgy, have you played with silverspawn before ?

Once, but I was NKed N1 so I wasn't there long.

What do you remember about his play ?

Not much weird.

Teproc, sudgy, XP, do have any thoughts on why scum might have picked me?

(I have stuff to say about the other stuff that's going on, btw, but my strategy as IC here is to hang back at the start)

Not really.  I haven't been playing much recently so I don't really know half of the people here well enough to make a good guess.

I don't think scum would care about someone's reads when choosing who gets the gun; we decided we would do majorities and with a four-man scum team, I'm sure they realized that's what we would do.

Actually, I like Axxle2.  Vote: Axxle2

Actually, I like Axxle2.  Vote: Axxle2

As a lynch, or as a shooter? If you think he has good reads, then just vote for whoever he finds scummy - that way ADK doesn't die for nothing. I could see a case that he's hard to read and so a good target, though. Is that what you mean?

Both, I guess?  I'm having a hard time getting into this game for some reason.

I think overdefending is a valid scumtell.  I haven't seen e do it too much, I'll have to re-look at things.

Sorry I haven't been able to get into the game as much.  Maybe I should do a reads post soon or something.

I could probably go for WW or Eevee.  I can see the cases in both of them, but I'm not too excited about it.  I don't really see e.  If I have time, I will reread and such.

Also, I don't see why you guys say overdefending isn't a scumtell.  I myself was caught by it once.

So sudgy had some posts at the start of the game, around 9-11th, and then couple of posts at 15th-16th. His posts strikes me as disinterested. 2 votes - first on silver, then on Axxle. I don't know. Anyone knows his meta?

I have two ways I start games, depending on various real life factors: One, I'm really active and get lynched for it (every time, almost), or two, I don't manage to get into the game that well and it turns into what happened here.

I've been really busy recently, but have been reading.  I just haven't found anything that's been big enough for me to post about.

Because, I was at "shoot-1" which seems like it would be big enough to merit a comment.

When they aren't actual votes, it makes it less huge...

Sudgy voting Axxle strikes me as odd..

That was an old vote, I thought of maybe switching to Eevee but I still wasn't too sure.

We should do some reads analysis in relation to Eevee.  I would think scum would be perfectly fine bussing with four scum, so I actually think the people who were the strongest on his case are the ones who would be the most scummy.  I don't think all scum did so, but I think at least one did.

scummy things

-> first post is a vote. from what I understand, being afraid to commit to votes is scummy. so, throwing around some votes is a pretty good idea as scum, right? of course WIFOM can be applied here, but right now, I'm pretty sure voting without showing fear will make you look towny overall. and his second vote was on the axxle wagon. why? "He'd be good as a gumbearer" is such a lame excuse. sure, that's only 2 votes, it's also only 11 posts. and I'm mostly taking about the lack of reasoning here.

-> no vote on Eevee. coincidence?

-> the last post. I disagree so much with that, I have a hard time believing that town!sudgy says this. at this point, we already have >50% winrate by shooting randomly. In fact, if you think it's true that scum planed to lynch a partner in order to get town credit, I'll be all for shooting randomly.

-> the fact that he's lurking at all

-> he apologizes too much for lurking. I have been about to do that several times, but stopped each time, because I'm self conscious about that suff, and thought it'd look really bad as town. I don't think other players have these kinds of problems. I green'd all the parts where he apologized. well 3 times, but that's a lot considering his post count.

-> I still support a lurker lynch here. that's kind of random+ plan.

okay I guess that was a specific reread, but I really read most things.

XP said Axxle2's playstyle is easy to copy. what? I don't know if there's a style I'd find harder to copy.

XP is blending in. is that normal for him?

WW is not blending in. I think he's one of the more experienced players, and he's pretty good I think, so I'm much less confident with any reads here. But he's always blending in. I also don't like what he did. If I recall correctly, all self-voters lately have been town, right?..... actually, PPS self voted in GoT mafia. I only remember that now. So, maybe that point is less good.

Still, he seems different. I really remember him as this annoying, but active town player, who is pretty aggressive overall, but does nothing crazy. what is this laughing about? and the self-vote? it seems out of character.

Axxle2 I can't read. No idea if that kind of play is normal for him or not. I just think he looks really good, but he can be good as scum. He's not the worst target, but I rather shoot a lurker.

Hydrad is, as I said, town. I think. That might change though. Not going into reasons here.

Teproc is another hard one. I've never seen teproc as scum, so, not a good judge here. I think he received zero suspicion so far. But he didn't try to blend in, he was tunneling WW pretty hard.

I've also never seen scum!e. man, I need to play more. But he strikes me as very pro town, and he was pushing the Eevee lynch, so definitely not voting for him.

oh, and I really think scum doesn't want to buzz in this setup, at all, much less than in any other setup. so, vote count says Teproc, WW, and e are on the wagon before I "hammer". town cred for everyone there.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: October 24, 2014, 05:20:09 pm »

vote: sudgy

lurker lynching is also kind of similar to random lynching, which I don't think is bad here. again, if scum has a pl an here (though I honstly doubt it), we will inevitably ruin it by shooting randomly.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 41  All

Page created in 2.163 seconds with 20 queries.