Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: List of things that make playing on Isotropic different than real life  (Read 11246 times)

Fabian

• 2012 Swedish Champion
  • Respect: +542
    • View Profile
Re: List of things that make playing on Isotropic different than real life
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2012, 10:49:38 am »

Obvious example which has been discussed to death on this forum is the score.  There is no way to make sure your opponent isn't writing down his score even if the point counter isn't available.  So the strategy of keeping track of the score is basically gone from the online game, especially in tournaments.

There's no rule against writing down the score in face-to-face games. You can ban it if you like, but that's a house rule, not the printed rules of the game.

There's no printed rule against it, but there doesn't need to be. It is against the rules. It has been confirmed illegal by the game's designer, if you really really need that. Of course, you can have a house rule that allows it, and if your play group likes that, then more power to you.

I wasn't aware of this, where has he said this?

DStu

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2012, 10:50:47 am »

Obvious example which has been discussed to death on this forum is the score.  There is no way to make sure your opponent isn't writing down his score even if the point counter isn't available.  So the strategy of keeping track of the score is basically gone from the online game, especially in tournaments.

There's no rule against writing down the score in face-to-face games. You can ban it if you like, but that's a house rule, not the printed rules of the game.

There's no printed rule against it, but there doesn't need to be. It is against the rules. It has been confirmed illegal by the game's designer, if you really really need that. Of course, you can have a house rule that allows it, and if your play group likes that, then more power to you.

I wasn't aware of this, where has he said this?

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=876.0
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=111.msg1147#msg1147
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=508.msg7019#msg7019

Julle

• Bishop
  • Respect: +572
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2012, 11:33:35 am »

Duration cards IRL: Sometimes I forget to keep them in play and sometimes I forget which ones I've played last turn and which ones on this turn.

Duration cards ISO: Sometimes I forget that I've played duration cards on my last turn. On my opponents turn my I check my next hand and think: "I'll play that Smithy and hope to get enough coins for good card". Then my turn comes and I click Smithy, before I realize that I drew a village from my Caravan.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 21 queries.