Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Official Dominion Tournament at U-Con, Nov. 15 2014, Ypsilanti, MI, 1pm - 9pm  (Read 22649 times)

Elestan

• Witch
  • Respect: +428
    • View Profile
+6

Everyone seemed to have fun last year, so let's try this again!  Once more, U-Con is proud to host a gathering of some of the top Dominion talent around!

This tournament is sanctioned by Rio Grande, and will be a qualifier for the World Masters, if there is one in 2015.  Top finishers get free games courtesy of Warriors 3 Comics and Games, and all players receive the new "Prince" promotional card!

The competition will feature custom-designed kingdoms drawn from all of the Dominion sets and expansions, and will emphasize strategy and high-level play. 

Tournament seating is limited, so Pre-register for the event here; just click on the 'Add' button and proceed through the checkout process.  You'll need a tournament ticket ($10), and a convention badge ($20 for Saturday, or $25 for the whole convention).

If you can, I'd encourage everyone to pick out other games to play in and attend the whole convention, which runs from Nov 14-16, all day (and late into the night Friday and Saturday).  For out of town visitors, discounted hotel rooms are available for only $89/night.

And, if anyone would like to get their convention badge for free, you can still register to run events until mid-October, or volunteer some time to help out.

I hope to see you there!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 02:17:12 am by Elestan »

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
+2

I'll be going again this year and bringing two IRL friends. One of them (dethwing/Nick) came with me last year and got 3rd place in the tournament. The other one you may know if you watch my streams, it's Megan. She won't be participating in the tournament.

We'll be registering this week and ironing out plans. We'll be coming up Saturday morning and either leaving Saturday evening after the tournament or staying Saturday night in the hotel -- not sure yet.

Robz, Megan wants to meet you so we'll be very disappointed if you don't show up :P

Does anyone else plan on going to this?
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2479
    • View Profile
+4

EFHW and I will be there!

dethwing

• Ambassador
  • Respect: +39
    • View Profile
+2

Oh man, this was tons of fun last year, I'm looking forward to it again. Bring it on! :)

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos

Oh man, this was tons of fun last year, I'm looking forward to it again. Bring it on! :)

BROAD TRIP!

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
+3

I'll actually make it this year, so I look forward to seeing you all!
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos

Is there any interest in meeting up somewhere nearby for lunch before the tournament starts?

Elestan

• Witch
    • View Profile

Is there any interest in meeting up somewhere nearby for lunch before the tournament starts?
Note that the convention does have a relatively low-priced food service on-site, the sales of which help to offset the cost of the convention (see last year's menu).

Also, I've had to nix allowing people to reserve tickets at the last minute without paying, because last year several of the people who did so failed to show up, which threw a last-minute curve ball into my matchup charts.  So pre-register early!

andwilk

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +152
    • View Profile
+3

I just punched (bought) my ticket!  Actually, the wife and I will be attending the convention all weekend long so I'm looking forward to a weekend of gaming and especially this tournament.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
+3

Note that the convention does have a relatively low-priced food service on-site, the sales of which help to offset the cost of the convention (see last year's menu).

This looks promising. We could all meet up at noon, right before the tournament, somewhere near this place that sells food, and buy lunch, then? I'll bring my Dominion box so everyone can find us  :P

shark_bait

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: shark_bait
  • Luckyfin and Land of Hinter for iso aliases
  • Respect: +1868
    • View Profile
+2

My wife and I are officially signed up.  We probably won't do lunch beforehand.  We live close enough that we'll just be driving over a little before 1:00.
Hello.  Name's Bruce.  It's all right.  I understand.  Why trust a shark, right?

Is quite curious - Who is the mystical "Celestial Chameleon"?

Elestan

• Witch
    • View Profile

Just a reminder that online registration will be closing soon.  So sign up now to reserve your place!

Heisenberg

• Baron
  • I am the one who knocks!
  • Respect: +31
    • View Profile
+2

I'll be attending and playing Dominion on Saturday and Power Grid on Sunday.

Moneymodel

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +131
    • View Profile

I'll be there Friday and Saturday; on Friday I'm there for Smash Up and Betrayal at the House on the Hill

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
  • Respect: +3388
    • View Profile

I have not been checking the forums as religiously as I used to, and was just thinking to myself, I wonder when that convention is this year? Now I see it's next week! It appears that it's too late to register: Is that true?
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Elestan

• Witch
    • View Profile
+1

I have not been checking the forums as religiously as I used to, and was just thinking to myself, I wonder when that convention is this year? Now I see it's next week! It appears that it's too late to register: Is that true?
There is hope!  You can buy your tickets at the convention, which opens at 9am on Friday.  There are currently 15 tickets left for sale; the earlier you arrive, the better your chances.  :-)

Alternatively, our registration chief has indicated that she's also willing to take late payments via PayPal.  To take this route, send $35 or $40 to 'sendpaypal@ucon-gaming.org', with a subject of "Dominion Tournament".  $35 covers the tournament ticket + a Saturday pass; $5 more makes it a 3-day pass.

Unfortunately, we can't reserve tickets without payment this year, because some people took advantage of it last year, reserving and then no-showing.  :-(

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos

Robz! Will you be there? It would make me so happy if you were!

Also, remember this?

This looks promising. We could all meet up at noon, right before the tournament, somewhere near this place that sells food, and buy lunch, then? I'll bring my Dominion box so everyone can find us  :P

Is anyone planning on showing up for this? It would be good for me to know so I can tell the people I'm carpooling with when we need to leave (so we can be on time for this).

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
+2

Robz! Will you be there? It would make me so happy if you were!

Also, remember this?

Is anyone planning on showing up for this? It would be good for me to know so I can tell the people I'm carpooling with when we need to leave (so we can be on time for this).

Even though I won't be in the tourney, I'll totally meet y'all for lunch.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile

There is hope!  You can buy your tickets at the convention, which opens at 9am on Friday.  There are currently 15 tickets left for sale; the earlier you arrive, the better your chances.  :-)

Alternatively, our registration chief has indicated that she's also willing to take late payments via PayPal.  To take this route, send $35 or $40 to 'sendpaypal@ucon-gaming.org', with a subject of "Dominion Tournament".  $35 covers the tournament ticket + a Saturday pass; $5 more makes it a 3-day pass.

Unfortunately, we can't reserve tickets without payment this year, because some people took advantage of it last year, reserving and then no-showing.  :-(

Okay! I definitely want to go. Let me PM you.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
  • Respect: +114
    • View Profile

What day is this?
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile

What day is this?

I think it's day of the tournament, Saturday at noon.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
+1

Okay I'm tentatively in! Just need to make sure I don't have other commitments.

So if I can does it make more sense to come Friday/Saturday or Saturday/sunday? Friday I couldn't get there till probably 6 or 7pm and Sunday I would probably have to leave early afternoon.
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos

So if I can does it make more sense to come Friday/Saturday or Saturday/sunday? Friday I couldn't get there till probably 6 or 7pm and Sunday I would probably have to leave early afternoon.

If it makes any difference to you, my friends and I will be staying Saturday night and not Friday night.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
+1

If it makes any difference to you, my friends and I will be staying Saturday night and not Friday night.

It makes all the difference! I'll be there all day Saturday, I may or may not come Sunday.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile

So you can buy the convention badge at the door whenever you get there, and those don't run out, is that correct? Sorry, I don't understand even simple instructions.

If that's true, mcmc and I just need to figure out how we are supposed to secure the Dominion tournament tickets.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 21 queries.