Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: When Cultist is too slow?  (Read 1249 times)

ThaddeusB

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +140
    • View Profile
When Cultist is too slow?
« on: October 02, 2014, 08:49:10 pm »

In this Kingdom:

Code: [Select]
Courtyard, Great Hall, Bridge, Feodum, Throne Room, Count, Cultist, Junk Dealer, Adventurer, Hoard
My first 5+ went to Count (naturally), and then I got a 6 next and decided to pick up Hoard for Great hall buys.  After that I got several 8s with Hoard and ended up skipping Cultist entirely.  I took all 10 ruins and wow easily... So the question is is Cultist generally skippable here, or only with the nice early draws I got.

Log: http://gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?20141002/log.53be12a0e4b00ccce8075fbc.1412296568405.txt

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
Re: When Cultist is too slow?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 09:19:32 pm »

The bridge megaturn deck is worth considering. It looks hard work to get enough drawing but if you can trash cultists at the right time you can probably manage it.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12870
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 09:27:42 pm »

Only with the awful draws your opponent got. He also bought too many terminals.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

soulnet

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1751
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 09:35:39 pm »

The bridge megaturn deck is worth considering. It looks hard work to get enough drawing but if you can trash cultists at the right time you can probably manage it.

The problem is, after Cultist war, there is little time. With Hoard the game can be over really fast. I don't think you can pull off the engine fast enough. If you don't go Cultist, even with Count AND Junk Dealer, I don't see it working out.

I think you want Cultist, then Hoard, and then green.

However, if you open 5/2, opening Count looks like a good idea, and then you can go either into Cultists-BM or into a more engine-y thing.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.505 seconds with 21 queries.