Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 49  All

Author Topic: TV shows  (Read 281341 times)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3224
    • View Profile
Re: TV shows
« Reply #750 on: March 07, 2017, 01:06:09 pm »

I'm really impressed with sense8's opening theme. Everyone should watch it. It'll only take you about a minute!

I mean, I like the show quite a lot and I am clearly not the target audience.

Yeah, the show itself is pretty good, too.

smarttony

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: March 08, 2017, 04:08:45 am »

I used to be addicted to The Walking Dead, I stopped watching. After that I got hooked to watching The Arrow and Flash. I have yet to watch Gotham.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7866
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: March 09, 2017, 10:59:05 pm »

Legionnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.....

man I like this show

Jorbles

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +532
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: March 10, 2017, 04:25:33 pm »

man I like this show

Me toooo.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: March 11, 2017, 09:51:09 am »

Although I thought the finale was weak and the opener of season 2 is so far the worst episode of the show. Way too much fan service, and apparently not even in universe. I liked the show more when it was serious and less over the top.

I also have some moral complaints. The German guy is an awful person and the show never really judges him; he's treated just like any of the other 7. That and he should have died already!

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: March 11, 2017, 11:01:39 pm »

Although I thought the finale was weak and the opener of season 2 is so far the worst episode of the show. Way too much fan service, and apparently not even in universe. I liked the show more when it was serious and less over the top.

I also have some moral complaints. The German guy is an awful person and the show never really judges him; he's treated just like any of the other 7. That and he should have died already!

It's been a while since I watched it, but I think your complaint does get addressed at some point.

smarttony

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: March 12, 2017, 05:51:21 pm »
+1

man I like this show

Me toooo.

I have got to watch it.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: March 13, 2017, 12:47:21 am »

Anyone watch Into the Badlands?  Season 1 was a little lackluster but not bad.  It's a little stylistic with combat (kind of like martial arts movies; in the vein of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon).  Season 2 is starting up next week.  I hope it picks up a bit.

Fun fact, the main are place where the Baron Quinn lives is Evergreen Plantation in Louisiana.  (It's a pretty historic site, that comes up in a number of movies/shows.)  An ancestor of mine (my mom's family is from Louisiana) was actually an owner of the property for a small period of time.  This was after slavery, but the land was (and still is) active for growing sugar.  It's also available for tours, where you can walk through and see the house and slave quarters.  (If you watch Into the Badlands, the little wooden shack/houses in which the Clippers live are the actual slave quarters; entire families would live inside those little shacks. I've actually gone inside of them; they're very small.)

I've seen the plantation in other films; for example, one of the plantations that they visit in Django Unchained was Evergreen.

smarttony

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: March 13, 2017, 04:07:11 am »

Badlands? I haven't watched it yet though my brother told me that it was a good series.

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
  • Respect: +22
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: March 13, 2017, 10:08:57 am »

Yeah I thought it was very good.
Baseball For Life
Mafia Record Overall (6-14) 30%

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

Scum Wins (2-3) 40% M87L, M94W, ZM23L, M99L, ZM24W

MVP's: None

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
  • Respect: +3391
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: March 13, 2017, 12:57:59 pm »

Anyone watch Into the Badlands?  Season 1 was a little lackluster but not bad.  It's a little stylistic with combat (kind of like martial arts movies; in the vein of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon).  Season 2 is starting up next week.  I hope it picks up a bit.

Fun fact, the main are place where the Baron Quinn lives is Evergreen Plantation in Louisiana.  (It's a pretty historic site, that comes up in a number of movies/shows.)  An ancestor of mine (my mom's family is from Louisiana) was actually an owner of the property for a small period of time.  This was after slavery, but the land was (and still is) active for growing sugar.  It's also available for tours, where you can walk through and see the house and slave quarters.  (If you watch Into the Badlands, the little wooden shack/houses in which the Clippers live are the actual slave quarters; entire families would live inside those little shacks. I've actually gone inside of them; they're very small.)

I've seen the plantation in other films; for example, one of the plantations that they visit in Django Unchained was Evergreen.

I watched it. I really like the fighting. The plot was a gigantic mess. But it has promise.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

smarttony

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: March 14, 2017, 05:16:17 am »

Yeah I thought it was very good.

Watched the first episode last night. It was good! Thanks for the recommendation.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: March 14, 2017, 04:35:38 pm »
+4

House of cards is like the perfect thing to watch if you want to lose all faith in humanity and start being depressed.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: March 16, 2017, 09:45:16 am »

Legion renewed for Season 2 (reddit discusison).  Good news.  Apparently ratings have not been great (ratings are stupid, but sometimes still given credence), but the show is absolutely fantastic.

Last night was another great episode.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: March 16, 2017, 10:40:01 am »

This is Us wrapped this week. Final episode was definitely the weakest one of them all, wow, I guess they thought they left us hanging on a cliff? Biggest gripe I had was Jack stopped being Jack which I guess is explainable with the alcoholism but I don't think the two were appropriately linked for the viewer..
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: March 17, 2017, 02:55:38 am »

Legion renewed for Season 2 (reddit discusison).  Good news.  Apparently ratings have not been great (ratings are stupid, but sometimes still given credence), but the show is absolutely fantastic.

Low ratings?  But it's such a wild ride!

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: March 17, 2017, 07:44:50 am »

Low ratings?  But it's such a wild ride!

I know.  But these ratings aren't indicative of viewership that much, and also it's kind of out there so a lot of casual TV watchers may not invest. 

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: March 18, 2017, 12:25:32 am »

Watching the first episode of Iron Fist. Some of the acting (or maybe dialogue writing) is a bit weak :( Hopefully it picks up.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: March 20, 2017, 03:54:21 am »

Watching the first episode of Iron Fist. Some of the acting (or maybe dialogue writing) is a bit weak :( Hopefully it picks up.

I binged through all of it!

I'm pretty forgiving of mediocre TV in general, so I'm OK with it.  My biggest gripe with the show is simply that Danny Rand is just kind of stupid.  Why in the world would he think that it's a good idea to tell everyone he meets about his magical fist?  And why is he surprised when people think he is crazy because of it?  It's just kind of unbelievable for someone who is presumably highly trained and highly capable. 

I also found it strange that so many fights were evenly matched.  I guess it's supposed to be more tense that way, but I think it would have been way more fun if the Iron Fist just totally outclassed every opponent in combat ability.  But to be fair, I guess it's just conservation of ninjutsu.

I suppose both these things are kind of addressed when they reveal that Danny left before his training was complete.  Not really a satisfying explanation for me though.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: March 20, 2017, 09:37:57 am »

I've only watched two episodes so didn't click the spoilers.  I was a bit annoyed with his naivety, for instance admitting to the psychiatrist that he was the Iron Fist after the psychiatrist believed he was Danny Rand, even though it was obvious that it would get him committed.  However, it did occur to me that  he was raised in basically an alternate dimension where mystical powers are the norm, so he there isn't really a reason for him to not just tell the truth to people.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
  • Respect: +559
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: March 20, 2017, 09:50:25 am »

I don't know if I'd say they're the best opening credits, but I do like them.  Maybe they're in the same category as others.  There are really some quality openers:

The Leftovers
True Detective
Twin Peaks
Walking Dead
Daredevil
Mademen
Game of Thrones

.. probably many others I'm forgetting. 
Dexter
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
  • Respect: +47
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: March 20, 2017, 05:17:01 pm »

House of cards is like the perfect thing to watch if you want to lose all faith in humanity and start being depressed.
Better than what we have currently in the oval office...
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: March 20, 2017, 11:03:47 pm »
+2

Westworld. That's all. Watch it.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
  • Respect: +114
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: March 21, 2017, 09:27:12 am »

Question to the people who watched iron fist, how would you rank it with DD 1/2, Jessica jones, and Luke cage. I'm a huge superhero/comic fan but I only have so much time for B tier television and DD, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron fist, Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tommorow is way too much B tier.

Currently I am one season behind on all the D.C. shows and haven't watched luke cage or iron fist yet. Im now stuck in a pickle because the flash is by far my favorite of the shows though Jessica Jones was really really good. Arrow has become a pretty awful show and and having to watch all four D.C. shows to get the most out of flash and legends is annoying. However on the other hand I think daredevil season two was not great and I'm worried luke cage and iron fist will be mediocre as well leading to a super disappointing defenders show.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

jonts26

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jonts
  • Respect: +3670
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: March 21, 2017, 09:34:30 am »

Iron fist is the weakest of the defenders shows. It's just mediocre in pretty much every way. Acting, writing, fight choreography. The biggest plus is there's a good mount of character development and depth.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 49  All

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 22 queries.