Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 76  All

Author Topic: RMM18 - Guilds Mafia (Town Wins!)  (Read 201497 times)

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
Re: RMM18 - Guilds Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #550 on: November 03, 2014, 06:38:04 pm »

very good!  I am the candlestick maker.  That gives no information about my role, btw.  Unless some of you are in the market for some candles?

I find this suspicious.  Why doesn't it give information on your role?  I have some ideas on what your role could be, but sharing those could betray some hint of what my role is.  Saying something like that seems like an attempt to get someone to slip something.
I suppose.  I doubt very much scum now knows anything about my role that would help guide their decisions.  I do think knowing who the Butcher is would be informative and could contribute to the decision process.  As it happens, I do know who it very likely is.  Town can decide if they would like to know as well.

I don't get this.  You and Joth's discussion seems to imply you know who the person is already.

I'm guessing the person hasn't confirmed it and they are just adding up what makes sense. So its not 100% confirmed but I'm guessing they are about 90% sure?

that's right

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: November 03, 2014, 06:46:54 pm »

I think everyone who knows guilds well now has an idea what your powers are. So, that's not good.

I also think this weakens the case on butcher being scum

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: November 03, 2014, 07:49:51 pm »

I think everyone who knows guilds well now has an idea what your powers are. So, that's not good.

Why do you say that?   Is it because it would out the butcher too easily?   That's my main reservation.   But in Grimm's fairy tales mafia, the big bad wolf was bad.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: November 03, 2014, 07:53:44 pm »

I think everyone who knows guilds well now has an idea what your powers are.
ok, do you want matches with your candles?

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: November 03, 2014, 11:02:55 pm »

I don't want any candlesticks.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: November 04, 2014, 04:16:27 am »

Ha. I'm just popping in to boast about how I saw that coming (the neighborhood QT). You can read it all in my personal QT at the end of the game. I also think there is one scum to be found here.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: November 04, 2014, 04:37:35 am »

Ok, extended week end here (which us still going) lead to me not being on forum

Interesting (tm) developments with this QT. I would want to give passes for D1 for faust, silver and EFHW for different reasons. Among others I find e scummy once again so Vote: e

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: November 04, 2014, 05:43:18 am »

Welp, I'm back. Sorry for the lack of availability, guys. I don't think there is a point in hiding this since you can pretty much guess it at this point, I'm indeed the third neighbor and butcher by flavor name.

Okay, reads.

PPS - Erratic in the towny way. I have a notoriously terrible history of being wrong about him, but I'm calling town.
BA - He is hard to read for me due to the lack of previous history, but I don't like how he is trying to construct innocent things such as EFHW being in a neighborhood or me being a butcher as scummy.
Mcmc - Trying harder than I'd expect, which while raising some questions, is also helpful for later.
Joth - I don't mind his gimmicky play because it's a day 1 of a large RMM game. I disagree with people calling what he has done scummy, I feel good about him. I supported the plan of throwing suspicion on someone to see what happens beforehand.
SS - I hate intentionally muddying up your meta. It creates reads just like this: "He is doing what he is doing intentionally. Now we have to guess if he'd do that as scum or as town". I'm undecided still.
faust - Feels genuine in trying to figure things out.

What's the case on e? I feel popping in after being absent and attempting to revive a wagon that was quieting down is often done by scum, so light scum points for EgorK there.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: November 04, 2014, 05:44:28 am »

Since being in the meat cutting industry is apparently scummy around these parts, do I need to claim additional things about my role?

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: November 04, 2014, 05:50:03 am »

Since being in the meat cutting industry is apparently scummy around these parts, do I need to claim additional things about my role?

Id say lets not at the moment. I don't think you being the butcher is a reason at all to lynch you and I don't want to give scum more info when its not needed.

The only way I support this is if you claiming helps town a ton and doesn't really help scum.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: November 04, 2014, 05:53:43 am »

I don't like the flavor leaking. I guess if there's scum in the neighborhood, they knew flavor stuff already, but let's not go any further.

People in the neighborhood, how do you read your neighbors?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: November 04, 2014, 06:02:34 am »

My flavor would have come out when it was revealed I'm the third neighbor, and since everyone knew it was someone who hadn't posted much, that was only a matter of time I thought it would be better to speed up the process. Also, some people were interested in finding out who the butcher is and I didn't want to seem like I was hiding it.

If I thought it was helpful for me to claim more, I already would have.

As I said earlier, joth seems towny. EFHW is someone I've never really been great at reading, but I don't see anything scummy in her play either.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: November 04, 2014, 06:18:52 am »

I agree with moth that it is a reasonable assumption that 1 scum is in the neighborhood.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: November 04, 2014, 06:19:10 am »

Or faust or whoever said that.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: November 04, 2014, 06:33:05 am »

Why do you say that?   Is it because it would out the butcher too easily?   That's my main reservation.   But in Grimm's fairy tales mafia, the big bad wolf was bad.

No, but if the theme focuses on the coin token aspect rather than the "flavor" of the card, it makes him less likely to be scum. Of course, it could also focus on both.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: November 04, 2014, 07:31:32 am »

I agree with moth that it is a reasonable assumption that 1 scum is in the neighborhood.

I mean, is it "reasonable" to find 1 scum in whatever group of 3 people you choose to select?  If there are 4 scum, then yes.  If 3 scum, then not really.  But it is a closed setup so we don't know.  I don't think that makes it any more likely that scum exists within the neighborhood.  I will continue to treat each member of the neighborhood according to their own merit, not based on the fact that they are in a neighborhood.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: November 04, 2014, 07:52:12 am »

Why? Mod wifom?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: November 04, 2014, 07:52:54 am »

I mean, is it "reasonable" to find 1 scum in whatever group of 3 people you choose to select?  If there are 4 scum, then yes.  If 3 scum, then not really.  But it is a closed setup so we don't know.  I don't think that makes it any more likely that scum exists within the neighborhood.  I will continue to treat each member of the neighborhood according to their own merit, not based on the fact that they are in a neighborhood.
This is how I view it as well.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: November 04, 2014, 08:07:35 am »

This is how I view it as well.

I agree for now. But of course once people in the neighborhood die, this can get more relevant.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: November 04, 2014, 08:10:24 am »

People in the neighborhood could think about claiming.

Advantages: If there truly is scum in the neighborhood, scum will think twice before they night kill here. This applies only if there is a single scum team/all scum teams are in the neighborhood.

Depends on which role you have of course.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: November 04, 2014, 08:11:50 am »

But Grimm had fake claims.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: November 04, 2014, 08:14:25 am »

People in the neighborhood could think about claiming.

Advantages: If there truly is scum in the neighborhood, scum will think twice before they night kill here. This applies only if there is a single scum team/all scum teams are in the neighborhood.

Depends on which role you have of course.
I don't follow your logic here.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: November 04, 2014, 08:41:56 am »

I get a towny read on EFHW. I'm not so sure about Eevee. He's very good at fooling me as a rule, and he's been very quiet in the QT. I tend to think the one scum in a neighborhood would be a little gun-shy in the QT. But then, he's also been generally V/LA in the thread. If I had to pick a QT scum I think it would be Eevee, but I also think it's a very likely chance we're all town.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: November 04, 2014, 09:00:29 am »

I might follow faust's logic, that depends on whether he meant "the people in the nbh should claim here" or "the people... should claim in the nbh"

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: November 04, 2014, 09:24:57 am »

Why? Mod wifom?

Something like that. I've not seen any 3 party neighborhoods that didn't contain one scum. If I were the mode that is how I would design it to prevent town from being overly advantaged.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 76  All

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 20 queries.