Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 76  All

Author Topic: RMM18 - Guilds Mafia (Town Wins!)  (Read 201505 times)

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
Re: RMM18 - Guilds Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #525 on: November 03, 2014, 05:02:53 pm »

very good!  I am the candlestick maker.  That gives no information about my role, btw.  Unless some of you are in the market for some candles?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: November 03, 2014, 05:03:07 pm »

Of course she's in a neighborhood.  Why is that a question at all?

Fine, all three players could be scum and they're talking about their scum QT, but that's, like, not even relevant if it had a chance to be true.

that would be quite the scum gambit.  It would be pretty incredible if scum did this and actually won.

Yeah, but, eh, are we really going to give town cred to people just because they were in a neighborhood?  I guess at some point if two neighborhood members end up flipping scum we'll have a hard time believing that the third one is scum for precisely this.  But I don't know.. neighborhoods are by definition alignment independent.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: November 03, 2014, 05:03:20 pm »

I have a theory about the neighborhood. Since this is Guilds, I think it's possible that the three people in the neighborhood are the Butcher, Baker, and Candlestick Maker.

I don't know about you, but Butcher sounds like scum to me..

I am against flavor claiming right now, but I do think if we can find the Butcher, we should lynch that person. So, EFHW and joth, I have a question, are either of you one of those three roles?

This was my guess as well.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: November 03, 2014, 05:03:20 pm »

PPE: I guess we disagree a bit on this one

The way you started the wagon somewhat randomly, jumped off it rather quickly, then explained it as an experimental wagon for reactions seemed (to me) to be something that you would not do as scum.  However, knowing that you had planned backup for the entire thing makes it much more likely in my mind.

In that case, what would be scum!joth's purpose in starting the wagon?

To get reactions in order to frame a townie.  He gets cleared for his involvement because of you and partner X vouching for him, but the other people who added to the wagon (WW for example) he has set up to appear more scummy.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: November 03, 2014, 05:04:14 pm »

I am totally against lynching anyone based on their flavor name.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: November 03, 2014, 05:06:51 pm »

very good!  I am the candlestick maker.  That gives no information about my role, btw.  Unless some of you are in the market for some candles?

I find this suspicious.  Why doesn't it give information on your role?  I have some ideas on what your role could be, but sharing those could betray some hint of what my role is.  Saying something like that seems like an attempt to get someone to slip something.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: November 03, 2014, 05:07:03 pm »

I am totally against lynching anyone based on their flavor name.

Agreed.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: November 03, 2014, 05:11:28 pm »

Do either of you know who the third person is? I'm not asking him to be identified just if you know his identity?
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: November 03, 2014, 05:12:42 pm »

Do either of you know who the third person is? I'm not asking him to be identified just if you know his identity?

EFHW already hinted so by saying it was someone who has not posted much.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: November 03, 2014, 05:13:12 pm »

I find this suspicious.  Why doesn't it give information on your role?  I have some ideas on what your role could be, but sharing those could betray some hint of what my role is.  Saying something like that seems like an attempt to get someone to slip something.
I suppose.  I doubt very much scum now knows anything about my role that would help guide their decisions.  I do think knowing who the Butcher is would be informative and could contribute to the decision process.  As it happens, I do know who it very likely is.  Town can decide if they would like to know as well.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: November 03, 2014, 05:15:28 pm »

Vote Count 1.7:

silverspawn (4): Beyond Awesome, Hydrad, mcmcsalot, jotheonah
jotheonah (1): silverspawn
XerxesPraelor (1): 2.71828...
EFHW (2): pingpongsam, Witherweaver
faust (1): EgorK
2.71828... (2): XerxesPraelor, EFHW
Not Voting (2): faust, Eevee

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Day 1 ends on Friday, November 7th, at 5:00 PM FT.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: November 03, 2014, 05:20:08 pm »

I suppose.  I doubt very much scum now knows anything about my role that would help guide their decisions.  I do think knowing who the Butcher is would be informative and could contribute to the decision process.  As it happens, I do know who it very likely is.  Town can decide if they would like to know as well.

I think knowing who the Butcher is would be helpful. Then, we can reread that player and see if they have been pretty scummy or not.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: November 03, 2014, 05:24:55 pm »

I really, really don't like this talk of lynching someone because they are the butcher.  As the town thief in dice mafia, I know from first-hand experience that those people with "scummy" abilities/flavor do not have to be scum.  Especially in an RMM game.

vote: BA

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: November 03, 2014, 05:25:23 pm »

Man I don't agree with BA's thoughts, but I kind of don't think scum would do that. 

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: November 03, 2014, 05:25:59 pm »

I mean if I'm scum, I want a much better reason to lynch somebody.  At least if I'm the one starting the hunt.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: November 03, 2014, 05:28:47 pm »

I agree with WW here. although I don't like what BA is trying to do I don't think scum!BA would be doing this. This seems like town!BA right now.

But ya I'm totally against trying to find scum based on flavour names. That will probably just lead us down a really bad path.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: November 03, 2014, 05:31:30 pm »

My thinking on the Butcher thing is at the very least we can get some interactions from that player and make them accountable. While it is very much possible that Butcher could be a town-role, I do think putting some pressure on that player (especially if they have been lurking) is a good thing though.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: November 03, 2014, 05:32:52 pm »

Me saying that we should outright lynch that player was a bit over-the-top and not fully thought out, but I do think we should put pressure on whoever the Butcher is.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: November 03, 2014, 05:39:22 pm »

I have a theory about the neighborhood. Since this is Guilds, I think it's possible that the three people in the neighborhood are the Butcher, Baker, and Candlestick Maker.

I am against flavor claiming right now, but I do think if we can find the Butcher, we should lynch that person. So, EFHW and joth, I have a question, are either of you one of those three roles?

I sure do love a good fishing trip.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: November 03, 2014, 05:40:26 pm »

I sure do love a good fishing trip.

yeah.  every now and again you pull out scum.  Or the fisher is scum.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: November 03, 2014, 05:47:25 pm »

EFHW, did your neighborhood members flavor claim int he neighborhood, or were they introduced as Butcher, Baker, Candlestick Maker?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: November 03, 2014, 06:00:07 pm »

I took a guess and basically claimed my own flavor name in the QT. EFHW confirmed.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: November 03, 2014, 06:01:08 pm »

I don't get this.  You and Joth's discussion seems to imply you know who the person is already.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: November 03, 2014, 06:02:20 pm »

man knowing dominion better might be useful in this game. I would of never thought of the QT being something like that.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: November 03, 2014, 06:03:11 pm »

I don't get this.  You and Joth's discussion seems to imply you know who the person is already.

I'm guessing the person hasn't confirmed it and they are just adding up what makes sense. So its not 100% confirmed but I'm guessing they are about 90% sure?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 76  All

Page created in 1.221 seconds with 20 queries.