Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 76  All

Author Topic: RMM18 - Guilds Mafia (Town Wins!)  (Read 201498 times)

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
Re: RMM18 - Guilds Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #500 on: November 03, 2014, 02:20:07 pm »

Efhw, and 2.7 have both expressed "will vote for ss" thoughts.
Did I?  If so, that's not where I'm at now.  I have more of a townread on him, just on a feelings level, he seems genuine to me.  I don't want to vote for him.

e, WW and maybe Eevee are at the top of my want to lynch list.  I'm looking forward to hearing more from Eevee soon.  Won't lynch mcmc, faust, ss, joth.  Townvibe on all of them.  Null on XP, egorK, BA, pps. Who am I missing?  Hydrad.  Null on him too.

Can you explain why you won't lynch joth? I feel like he has done very little to contribute this game. What exactly makes you get a town vibe from him?

Well he did stop momentum from gaining on my wagon.  Of course, he encouraged that momentum, too, but there are more graceful ways of backing out of a wagon than saying you only pretended to want to be on it.

Just saw this...still want a good reason for why you won't vote Joth. I am more suspicious that you thought this was an acceptable answer.

This, classic manipulation of the fact that early scum wagons rarely become late game wagons.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: November 03, 2014, 02:21:00 pm »

And early distancing.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: November 03, 2014, 02:30:49 pm »

Do you think Joth would pull that on his partner? 

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: November 03, 2014, 02:35:32 pm »

How is me putting reads on people trying to get special abilities or flavor names out in the open?

Just look at what I quoted. You are urging me to claim.

Faust you guys are talking past eachother. Do not do that.

Beyond awesome's first post about you was just staying he was suspicious of you because you breadcrumbed. I agree that I don't like the way you breadcrumbed your role. BA worded himself poorly but he felt you bread-crumbing was a scum attempt to get others to leak info about their roles as well.

Faust your response is very defensive and you say he is trying to role-fish because he told you to either tell your role or don't. Now please don't overreact like that, he clearly just felt your leaking a little info was bad and that you should say all or nothing. Not that he actually wants you to role claim.

Beyond awesome points out three things you have done that can be viewed as scummy.

1) role leak(other people could pick up on and do the same)
2) suggest townies who may be mislynched buy governor(makes town waste money)
3) you are normally offensive and here you are defensive(I disagree with this)

I think in this scenario none of those are that damning and are offset by some overall helpfulness and high amount of content. None of this make you a good d1 lynch candidate but it is a valid case.

Bottom line I do not like how much Faust overreacted and made it seem exaggerated everything BA said. BA never tried to get you to claim, and did not "twist" anything you said, he merely stated one way your posts could be construed something that is helpful and good to keep in mind for later when you might be a potential lynch candidate.

Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: November 03, 2014, 02:37:21 pm »

That whole post by BA is a huge red flag to me. Maybe I am, you know, OMGUSing, but what do others think of it?

Let me know if you think my interpretation of the back and forth is wrong or if you were just a little too omgus-ish.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: November 03, 2014, 03:47:40 pm »

Did I?  If so, that's not where I'm at now.  I have more of a townread on him, just on a feelings level, he seems genuine to me.  I don't want to vote for him.

e, WW and maybe Eevee are at the top of my want to lynch list.  I'm looking forward to hearing more from Eevee soon.  Won't lynch mcmc, faust, ss, joth.  Townvibe on all of them.  Null on XP, egorK, BA, pps. Who am I missing?  Hydrad.  Null on him too.

Can you explain why you won't lynch joth? I feel like he has done very little to contribute this game. What exactly makes you get a town vibe from him?

Well he did stop momentum from gaining on my wagon.  Of course, he encouraged that momentum, too, but there are more graceful ways of backing out of a wagon than saying you only pretended to want to be on it.

Just saw this...still want a good reason for why you won't vote Joth. I am more suspicious that you thought this was an acceptable answer.

Ok, we were going to wait for more discussion to take place before bringing this up, but Joth and I are in a neighborhood qt with one other person.  So we have had additional interactions, and so far i have a town read on him from those.

He actually mentioned the idea of fake accusing someone to get responses in the QT.  I didn't realize he was going to target me, so I was taken aback at first, but then he clarified in the qt that this was the strategy he had talked about earlier.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: November 03, 2014, 03:58:44 pm »

Ok, we were going to wait for more discussion to take place before bringing this up, but Joth and I are in a neighborhood qt with one other person.  So we have had additional interactions, and so far i have a town read on him from those.

He actually mentioned the idea of fake accusing someone to get responses in the QT.  I didn't realize he was going to target me, so I was taken aback at first, but then he clarified in the qt that this was the strategy he had talked about earlier.

This is interesting. I find it hard to believe that scum would claim to belong to a neighborhood D1. However, the fact that you have day chat can be a bit concerning, as well. Assuming you are town, this means the people in your neighborhood could be having interactions that we are not being privy to. And, if at least on scum player is in the neighborhood that means they can mislead the town players in the QT and get them to lynch  town players. In other words, this gives scum a way to manipulate town. Or, you could be lying and you could be scum and you have just told town that you guys have day chat, but for now, I am more inclined to believe you are telling the truth. Still though, this is cause for concern. And, I still find joth very fishy.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: November 03, 2014, 04:01:27 pm »

This is interesting. I find it hard to believe that scum would claim to belong to a neighborhood D1. However, the fact that you have day chat can be a bit concerning, as well. Assuming you are town, this means the people in your neighborhood could be having interactions that we are not being privy to. And, if at least on scum player is in the neighborhood that means they can mislead the town players in the QT and get them to lynch  town players. In other words, this gives scum a way to manipulate town. Or, you could be lying and you could be scum and you have just told town that you guys have day chat, but for now, I am more inclined to believe you are telling the truth. Still though, this is cause for concern. And, I still find joth very fishy.

Uh... why?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: November 03, 2014, 04:02:08 pm »

Do you neighborhood guys have any reason to believe that your fellow neighbors are town?

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: November 03, 2014, 04:02:44 pm »

Uh... why?

I guess it seems like a very bold move to me. But, I suppose it is not unreasonable for scum to make a bold move like this.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: November 03, 2014, 04:12:29 pm »

Bold why?  You think she's lying?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: November 03, 2014, 04:17:44 pm »

It's true, we don't know who is town and who is not.  I said I have a town read on joth so far.  And, in these situations, you learn more and get more from the qt by assuming they are town, while knowing you could be wrong.

I was expecting to hear there were other neighborhoods.  Perhaps we still will.

The third member of our qt has not been posting much at all, there or in the thread.  Not sure what to make of that.  I'll let him speak for himself, though, if he wants to claim being in the neighborhood.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: November 03, 2014, 04:32:05 pm »

Neighborhoods!  How fun.  Definitely not clearing any member of the neighborhood though. 

I think that actually makes joth's fake accusing more scummy rather than less scummy.  And makes me think EFHW and neighbor X is more towny rather than less towny.  Getting town confirmation (assuming EFHW or neighbor X is killed sometime and flips town before joth is killed) for his plan makes me a more uncomfortable with it than I previously was.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: November 03, 2014, 04:33:51 pm »

Well that makes me feel a bit better about joth then. If he already told you that he was doing it for reactions then it makes it more believable that he didn't just make that excuse up to jump off the wagon.

PPE: I guess we disagree a bit on this one
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: November 03, 2014, 04:33:58 pm »

I think it would be bold for scum to claim being in a neighborhood D1. I am not sure what to think WW.  I think either way this favors sum more than town. Even if EFHW is telling the truth scum can still mislead town members in the QT.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: November 03, 2014, 04:36:48 pm »

I think it would be bold for scum to claim being in a neighborhood D1. I am not sure what to think WW.  I think either way this favors sum more than town. Even if EFHW is telling the truth scum can still mislead town members in the QT.

I don't understand why it's bold at all.  Clearly she's in a neighborhood.. why would admitting this Day 1 be affected by alignment?

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: November 03, 2014, 04:45:37 pm »

Yeah, nullballs. If the neighbors do not kow each other's alignment then he who reveals the QT first is not necessarily one alignment or the other and doing so is a null tell.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: November 03, 2014, 04:49:59 pm »

Neighborhoods!  How fun.  Definitely not clearing any member of the neighborhood though. 

I think that actually makes joth's fake accusing more scummy rather than less scummy.  And makes me think EFHW and neighbor X is more towny rather than less towny.  Getting town confirmation (assuming EFHW or neighbor X is killed sometime and flips town before joth is killed) for his plan makes me a more uncomfortable with it than I previously was.

I don't see how it is more scummy to do what Joth did being in the neighborhood.  His case would never fly b/c I would just say at some point that he had planned to fake accuse all along, and our third would back that up. 

I'm also surprised he's getting so much backlash for his plan.  faust and ashersky and robz and others do this kind of thing all the time with no backlash at all.  I don't try these kinds of plans myself, and I don't often find them helpful, but it's hardly unusual for someone to do that.  Even better when you can tell the "target" that you don't really mean it.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: November 03, 2014, 04:50:14 pm »

I don't understand this at all. I wouldn't have done it at all, except that I knew that if everyone had gotten on board with Hydrad's very reasonable point (namely that I could be scum testing the waters and then saying the vote was fake just to distance myself) I could get EFHW and [redacted] to back me up on it.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: November 03, 2014, 04:54:51 pm »

The way you started the wagon somewhat randomly, jumped off it rather quickly, then explained it as an experimental wagon for reactions seemed (to me) to be something that you would not do as scum.  However, knowing that you had planned backup for the entire thing makes it much more likely in my mind.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: November 03, 2014, 04:55:22 pm »

I don't understand why it's bold at all.  Clearly she's in a neighborhood.. why would admitting this Day 1 be affected by alignment?

Let me explain. You see, what I meant to say is that it is possible EFHW is lying and is not in neighborhood and for some reason they decided to claim belonging in a neighborhood. That's what I meant by bold because doing something like that is bold. I do think she is in neighborhood, but we have no way of knowing with absolute certainty if she is really telling the truth.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: November 03, 2014, 04:56:27 pm »

Of course she's in a neighborhood.  Why is that a question at all?

Fine, all three players could be scum and they're talking about their scum QT, but that's, like, not even relevant if it had a chance to be true.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: November 03, 2014, 04:58:53 pm »

Of course she's in a neighborhood.  Why is that a question at all?

Fine, all three players could be scum and they're talking about their scum QT, but that's, like, not even relevant if it had a chance to be true.

that would be quite the scum gambit.  It would be pretty incredible if scum did this and actually won.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: November 03, 2014, 04:59:41 pm »

The way you started the wagon somewhat randomly, jumped off it rather quickly, then explained it as an experimental wagon for reactions seemed (to me) to be something that you would not do as scum.  However, knowing that you had planned backup for the entire thing makes it much more likely in my mind.

In that case, what would be scum!joth's purpose in starting the wagon?

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: November 03, 2014, 05:00:39 pm »

I have a theory about the neighborhood. Since this is Guilds, I think it's possible that the three people in the neighborhood are the Butcher, Baker, and Candlestick Maker.

I don't know about you, but Butcher sounds like scum to me..

I am against flavor claiming right now, but I do think if we can find the Butcher, we should lynch that person. So, EFHW and joth, I have a question, are either of you one of those three roles?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 76  All

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 20 queries.