Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 76  All

Author Topic: RMM18 - Guilds Mafia (Town Wins!)  (Read 201500 times)

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
Re: RMM18 - Guilds Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #425 on: November 02, 2014, 09:46:18 am »

And why do you think e could be scum?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: November 02, 2014, 02:13:00 pm »

Scum knows who other scum are.  Town doesn't.  In my opinion, honest reads from town are one of the best tools for finding scum.  Scum have to fabricate reads.  Which is much more difficult than just saying what you think.  But silverspawn is definitely consistent and hasn't given out any reads.  He has made jokes, corrected grammar, voted several different people, and done a lot without getting much done.  I am going to keep my vote on xp, but my second choice right now is silverspawn for scum.

Yes, I knew that someone would make this kind of case sooner or later, because my posts had indeed very little content (I even considered addressing it myself). You did it sooner. I don't have a metagame yet, I'm still experimenting, but I will say that lack of content is not a scum tell for me. Look at the only finished game where I was scum, did I keep my reads private there? Nope. I was totally self aware of the amount of content my posts had, as I am here. I mean, of course WIFOM applies here, so you can turn this into another argument, but yeah. it's WIFOM. I'm still experimenting with different styles of play, that's why I haven't posted much content.

yeah vote: silverspawn
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: November 02, 2014, 02:14:16 pm »

you suck vote: jotheonah

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: November 02, 2014, 02:15:12 pm »

Next read: silverspawn coming up.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: November 02, 2014, 02:16:58 pm »

Next read: silverspawn coming up.
I can't wait.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: November 02, 2014, 02:17:05 pm »

Is there any reason for this vote other then the fact that he voted for you? I know you keep changing your meta every other game but this just seems really weird for you.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: November 02, 2014, 02:18:18 pm »

Is there any reason for this vote other then the fact that he voted for you?

it was an OMGUS without the OMG, so no, no reason. was there any reason he voted for me?

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: November 02, 2014, 02:19:19 pm »

it was an OMGUS without the OMG, so no, no reason. was there any reason he voted for me?

Well I guess he quoted a statement which made him think you were scummy. So I think his reason is a bit more then your reason.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: November 02, 2014, 02:23:44 pm »

Well I guess he quoted a statement which made him think you were scummy. So I think his reason is a bit more then your reason.

no, you see, I don't need any other reason besides him voting for me, because I am town and he is pushing a mislynch.

and quoting a post is not a reason. It is obviously not obvious that the post was scummy, because I made it, I'm town, and I thought it was genuine. And I quoted his post and then voted for him too.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: November 02, 2014, 03:06:20 pm »

no, you see, I don't need any other reason besides him voting for me, because I am town and he is pushing a mislynch.

and quoting a post is not a reason. It is obviously not obvious that the post was scummy, because I made it, I'm town, and I thought it was genuine. And I quoted his post and then voted for him too.

I agree with the second part of this, but not with the first.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: November 02, 2014, 03:07:01 pm »

And why do you think e could be scum?

I have posted my reasons already... it was somewhere in response to mcmc.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: November 02, 2014, 03:09:16 pm »

I think e vs Xerxes is interesting. I can easily see one of them being scum, just not sure which one is more likely.
I think e is more likely. His assessment of XP feels off to me.  Defensiveness is consistent with Town! XP and the POE comment may be debatable, but I don't see it as scummy.  Why do you think XP could be scum?

He's just very in the background... I believe he could be scum knowing that he's often mislynched. Plus, he plays this completely differently from the last RMM game we played together. And all he did was the PoE comment and sheeping on e.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: November 02, 2014, 03:24:02 pm »

silver was voting for me?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: November 02, 2014, 03:26:09 pm »

silver was voting for me?
I thought that was rather obvious.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: November 02, 2014, 03:28:51 pm »

Yes, I knew that someone would make this kind of case sooner or later, because my posts had indeed very little content (I even considered addressing it myself). You did it sooner. I don't have a metagame yet, I'm still experimenting, but I will say that lack of content is not a scum tell for me. Look at the only finished game where I was scum, did I keep my reads private there? Nope. I was totally self aware of the amount of content my posts had, as I am here. I mean, of course WIFOM applies here, so you can turn this into another argument, but yeah. it's WIFOM. I'm still experimenting with different styles of play, that's why I haven't posted much content.

yeah, to go into more detail this is a very scummy post. You know when I spend a lot of time thinking about cases people might make against me and how I'll respond to them? When I'm scum. You know what I think about when I'm town? Who scum is.

He/him

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: November 02, 2014, 03:34:25 pm »

yeah, to go into more detail this is a very scummy post. You know when I spend a lot of time thinking about cases people might make against me and how I'll respond to them? When I'm scum. You know what I think about when I'm town? Who scum is.

I totally believe that you do that. Do you know what I think about? Everything. I think about things constantly, all the time, you wouldn't believe about how much I think about things that other people don't ever think about. I thought people knew that about me by now.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: November 02, 2014, 04:23:04 pm »

I totally believe that you do that. Do you know what I think about? Everything. I think about things constantly, all the time, you wouldn't believe about how much I think about things that other people don't ever think about. I thought people knew that about me by now.

thinking more does not mean that you are town.  However, making a conscious decision to switch up your play style for a game for the sake of confusing your meta?  That could very well make you scum.  Basically, what you are saying is that we should treat the "you" in this game differently than the "you" in other games.  Positioning yourself for future games is not necessarily scummy, but it is very much anti town.  And we lynch anti-town people D1 usually. 
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: November 02, 2014, 04:26:41 pm »

no, what I am saying is that joth's argument of me being self-conscious is not a very good argument, because I'm always self-conscious. that's all I'm saying. You should lynch me if you think I'm scum. How you decide that, that's your business, however, thinking it because I'm self-conscious will not lead to very good results, because then you think I'm scum in all games.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: November 02, 2014, 04:34:08 pm »

Oh, if you include my initial post, then I'm also saying some other things. But I actually don't think I'm saying that you need to judge me differently. You can look at ASOIAF mafia, where I was scum, and at this game, where I am not scum, and then you can compare them. Isn't that how you catch scum? Do I play any similar? I think not. Of course, I also play different from previous town games. If you think that's anti town, then yes, you need to policy lynch me. Go ahead. But that's sill.y

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: November 02, 2014, 04:38:33 pm »

Oh, if you include my initial post, then I'm also saying some other things. But I actually don't think I'm saying that you need to judge me differently. You can look at ASOIAF mafia, where I was scum, and at this game, where I am not scum, and then you can compare them. Isn't that how you catch scum? Do I play any similar? I think not. Of course, I also play different from previous town games. If you think that's anti town, then yes, you need to policy lynch me. Go ahead. But that's sill.y

It is not the different play styles that is scummy, it is this one in particular that I find to be scummy.  I am not going to "policy lynch" anyone.  That whole concept is just absurd, that we would "policy lynch" anyone.  What I find to be scummy is the number of posts with respect to content.  Which is a lot to a little.  So when you do your self-evaluation about this style of play, consider that and adjust.  :P
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: November 02, 2014, 04:43:49 pm »

And we lynch anti-town people D1 usually. 

That whole concept is just absurd, that we would "policy lynch" anyone.  :P

doesn't this contradict? you say that you lynch anti town people even if you don't think they are scum, and then you say policy lynching is absurd.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: November 02, 2014, 04:46:25 pm »

I don't think not posting a lot of content early is anti town. what does sharing your thoughts really do? it allows other people to form reads on you. that's mostly it. so, that's not anti town, unless you get yourself lynched for it. And I don't think I will be lynched, I've never been mislynched, and lack of content is not a scum tell for me.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: November 02, 2014, 04:58:32 pm »

And we lynch anti-town people D1 usually. 

That whole concept is just absurd, that we would "policy lynch" anyone.

doesn't this contradict? you say that you lynch anti town people even if you don't think they are scum, and then you say policy lynching is absurd.

No, there is no contradiction there.  What I refer to when I say "policy lynch" is more of a "if you do X, I will vote you no matter what."  For example, a person might "policy vote" someone who self-votes.  Lynching someone you see to be anti-town is not that at all.

what does sharing your thoughts really do? it allows other people to form reads on you.

uh, yeah.  And if you have nothing to hide (i.e. you are town) then you should have no fear of letting people get a read on you.  The contrapositive of this is that if you fear letting people getting a read on you, then you have something to hide.  Like that you are actually scum

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: November 02, 2014, 05:05:08 pm »

The contrapositive of this is that if you fear letting people getting a read on you, then you have something to hide.  Like that you are actually scum

Great. So, if you think I'm scum, why don't you vote for me? Lack of commitment is scummy, you know?

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: November 02, 2014, 05:13:12 pm »

The contrapositive of this is that if you fear letting people getting a read on you, then you have something to hide.  Like that you are actually scum

Great. So, if you think I'm scum, why don't you vote for me? Lack of commitment is scummy, you know?

To quote one of my favorite signatures:  " 'Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready' - Insomniac"

We can lynch you later.  Right now I am more interested in xp.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 76  All

Page created in 2.157 seconds with 20 queries.