Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 76  All

Author Topic: RMM18 - Guilds Mafia (Town Wins!)  (Read 203990 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
Re: RMM18 - Guilds Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #600 on: November 04, 2014, 08:46:07 pm »

so here's a thing. if there is scum in the QT, maybe we should lynch them today so they can't share the information they've obtained there with their (presumably nightchat only) scum QT.

a thing just happened in the QT that makes me think EFHW and not Eevee is the scum. In fact I think it's very possible.

Lynch the her!

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: November 04, 2014, 08:48:11 pm »

so here's a thing. if there is scum in the QT, maybe we should lynch them today so they can't share the information they've obtained there with their (presumably nightchat only) scum QT.

a thing just happened in the QT that makes me think EFHW and not Eevee is the scum. In fact I think it's very possible.

What thing happened?

I can't really explain it without giving away my role.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: November 04, 2014, 08:58:08 pm »

Explaining things is scummy.  Reckless wagons is where it's at.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: November 04, 2014, 09:48:16 pm »

I reread e, and these are the things that make me suspicious of him. 

1.  Right off the bat at the beginning of the game, he brought up the idea of governor claiming and then immediately said let's not, and the usual stuff about scum getting too much information.  That felt off to me - artificial. 
2.  Regarding claiming, he said let's flavor claim, then in his next post he said the first rule of claiming is don't talk about claiming, and this is after he was the first to raise the claiming issue in the third post of the game.
3.  He alluded to breadcrumbing that he noticed.  It's generally better town strategy to keep that kind of thing to yourself.
4.  He made faust his top townread based on faust's scumminess.  It's the top townread that catches me up - not something you joke around about or decide based on seeing opposite indications.

Towny things were his skimming some faust games (assuming he did), confronting ss about playing with his meta, and declining to lynch based on flavor.

So, I'd love to hear e's reactions to these things.

I am not exactly sure how I am supposed to react to those things.  I mean, it is an accurate summary of stuff I have done (along with some reading into it on your part).  As far as (2) goes, I wasn't thinking of the same things in those posts.  The first one was purely about flavor, the second was about roles.  I am still fine with flavor claims because I don't see any correlation to alignment (though probably some role correlation) but I am against role claiming in RMM D1.  "the first rule about claiming..." was worded that way somewhat as a joke, but still getting the point across that we really shouldn't be in the business of talking about specifics or vague hints at our roles unless we decided as town that claiming would benefit town the most. 

Which goes into (3) some.  Which you have a good point about.  Because in the same breath that I am saying we shouldn't talk about roles, I am highlighting those people who have done so.  Probably not the best idea, but at the time I was just thinking to highlight the behavior to prevent other people from doing it themselves. 

As far as my read on faust goes it is almost exactly what mcmc said: the posts by faust seemed didn't seem to make any sense from a scum perspective because they set him up so nicely (from my perspective) as scum.  Although I feel as though I have a bias for faust to be scum, so I might be overreacting and not calling a carrot a carrot, but I don't want to lynch faust today at any rate.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: November 04, 2014, 11:25:46 pm »

What thing happened?

I don't know either.  Some kind of misunderstanding, I guess.  Maybe he'll let me know in the qt.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: November 04, 2014, 11:36:37 pm »

I reread e, and these are the things that make me suspicious of him. 

1.  Right off the bat at the beginning of the game, he brought up the idea of governor claiming and then immediately said let's not, and the usual stuff about scum getting too much information.  That felt off to me - artificial. 
2.  Regarding claiming, he said let's flavor claim, then in his next post he said the first rule of claiming is don't talk about claiming, and this is after he was the first to raise the claiming issue in the third post of the game.
3.  He alluded to breadcrumbing that he noticed.  It's generally better town strategy to keep that kind of thing to yourself.
4.  He made faust his top townread based on faust's scumminess.  It's the top townread that catches me up - not something you joke around about or decide based on seeing opposite indications.

Towny things were his skimming some faust games (assuming he did), confronting ss about playing with his meta, and declining to lynch based on flavor.

So, I'd love to hear e's reactions to these things.

I am not exactly sure how I am supposed to react to those things. 
I was hoping to hear that your early posts felt off b/c you were trying for towny points.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: November 05, 2014, 04:04:35 am »

joth has a point. EFHW has always been one of those people who are good at seeming towny to me, but the narrative joth noticed really does work.

I could get behind the lynch.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: November 05, 2014, 04:35:45 am »

joth has a point. EFHW has always been one of those people who are good at seeming towny to me, but the narrative joth noticed really does work.

So you agree with joth that something EFHW said in the neighbourhood chat is scummyish?
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: November 05, 2014, 04:41:33 am »

So you agree with joth that something EFHW said in the neighbourhood chat is scummyish?
Said/did, yes. I wouldnt have noticed it myself though, the naive trusting little pokemon I am.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: November 05, 2014, 04:58:24 am »

also did this neighbour hood open once the day started or was it open during the night? Basically I'm wondering if there is scum in there and we hit them would scum have any knowledge of what was said in there or would the person not have had an opportunity to tell them.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: November 05, 2014, 05:55:36 am »

I'm willing to trust joth on this.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: November 05, 2014, 06:06:28 am »

If she flips town it's a fat bar of WIFOM if Scum!theo would run such a gambit but for today I don't see him doing that.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: November 05, 2014, 06:07:27 am »

If she flips town it's a fat bar of WIFOM if Scum!theo would run such a gambit but for today I don't see him doing that.

Also, this.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: November 05, 2014, 06:07:45 am »

Oops. I mean:

If she flips scum it's a fat bar of WIFOM if Scum!theo would run such a gambit but for today I don't see him doing that.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: November 05, 2014, 07:00:33 am »

I've seen what she did. It's by no mean conclusive evidence, really just your typical day 1 case. You shouldn't absolve yourself of any responsibility and blindly sheep joth. Since this seems to be gaining popularity, maybe you should just post the case to other players as well, joth? What you are hiding isn't important enough to hide compared to how hard it would be to analyze the wagon if people just blindly sheeped you on this. If we keep the secrecy, EFHW has no way of defending herself, which seems very unfair.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: November 05, 2014, 08:08:54 am »

We have about 2 days left.  Time to narrow some things down.

Post Count 1.e
silverspawn
jotheonah
Witherweaver
Hydrad
EFHW
XerxesPraelor
EgorK
pingpongsam
faust
Beyond Awesome
mcmcsalot
Eevee

Lurkers [0-15] (xp, EgorK)- would be willing to lynch either of them, but primarily xp.  He came out defending himself against nothing, and said that PoE early is not great.  Both of which were little flags for me.  He then votes for me saying flavor claiming is ok, which is a comfortable early vote for some town points.  He then does rereads, but doesn't post anything about them except "WW looks very normal" or "silverspawn looks townier than normal, could be a scumtell."  Basically, he doesn't tell us anything from these rereads.  He also makes a joke about a universal town read on himself, which seems out of place to me.  EgorK also voted for me, so that is that.  I mean, I would lynch him at deadline, but don't really have a reason to other than the fact that he is lurking, which isn't a great reason at all.

Lower Average posters [16-30] (Joth, Hydrad, BA, Eevee)- From this group I like joth as the best lynch candidate.  His case against EFHW seems flimsy at best and is based of secret knowledge.  I don't feel comfortable with that.  WIFOM, would scum really do that?  Anyway, I prefer him over others in this group.  I would also go for BA, but don't see any movement in that direction and will hold out for a later day and watch him.

Higher Average posters [31-50] (silverspawn, EFHW, e)- I like lynching silverspawn.  Just not quite as much as I like lynching xp.  I don't like lynching EFHW right now. 

More than Average posters [51+] (witherweaver, pingpongsam, faust, mcmc)- D1 activity pass plus I have mostly town reads on all of them.

In conclusion, vote: xp.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: November 05, 2014, 08:09:56 am »

I've seen what she did. It's by no mean conclusive evidence, really just your typical day 1 case. You shouldn't absolve yourself of any responsibility and blindly sheep joth. Since this seems to be gaining popularity, maybe you should just post the case to other players as well, joth? What you are hiding isn't important enough to hide compared to how hard it would be to analyze the wagon if people just blindly sheeped you on this. If we keep the secrecy, EFHW has no way of defending herself, which seems very unfair.

Eh, I'd prefer to leave any claiming decisions to the respective players. I think joth can evaluate best whether what he is hiding is more or less important than us analyzing this wagon.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: November 05, 2014, 08:11:20 am »

Post Count 1.e
silverspawn
jotheonah
Witherweaver
Hydrad
EFHW
XerxesPraelor
EgorK
pingpongsam
faust
Beyond Awesome
mcmcsalot
Eevee

Cool, I won! Can I get a cookie?

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: November 05, 2014, 08:23:08 am »

Hey if anyone wants to know about where I am standing read 2.7's post with post counts...really wierd

I hate hate hate the idea I lynching efhw based on "one if the neighborhood could be scum" and Joth and eevee saying she did something scummy none of us will know about. Joth and eevee could both be scum and making this all up. Stop reading alignment requirements from neighborhoods!

I would so rather lynch ss or a mega lurker.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: November 05, 2014, 08:26:38 am »

Oops. I mean:

If she flips scum it's a fat bar of WIFOM if Scum!theo would run such a gambit but for today I don't see him doing that.

I think her flipping scum and theo being scum are far less likely than her flipping town and theo being scum which I also consider unlikely. I think the 2 most likely scenarios are Theo=Town and EFHW=Town or Theo=Town and EFHW=Scum in no particular order and looking at this particular interaction in a vacuum.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: November 05, 2014, 08:27:24 am »

Hey if anyone wants to know about where I am standing read 2.7's post with post counts...really wierd

I hate hate hate the idea I lynching efhw based on "one if the neighborhood could be scum" and Joth and eevee saying she did something scummy none of us will know about. Joth and eevee could both be scum and making this all up. Stop reading alignment requirements from neighborhoods!

I would so rather lynch ss or a mega lurker.

I should note that the neighborhood thing is just another rock in the sack of gut feelings I have about her alignment.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: November 05, 2014, 08:37:18 am »

But I don't want to lynch on your gut full of stones!
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: November 05, 2014, 09:11:16 am »

But I don't want to lynch on your gut full of stones!

I don't recall asking you to. I was simply clarifying that my vote on EFHW stood well ahead of this neighborhood revelation and that it solidifies my feelings.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: November 05, 2014, 09:13:26 am »

Eh, I'd prefer to leave any claiming decisions to the respective players. I think joth can evaluate best whether what he is hiding is more or less important than us analyzing this wagon.
Well, there was a question mark there. I just don't think EFHW should be lynched for a case most of the wagon can't judge because they don't know it.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: November 05, 2014, 09:13:48 am »

I mean, I know what he is hiding.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 76  All

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 19 queries.