Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 120  All

Author Topic: M50: A Song Of Ice And Fire Mafia - Town Wins!  (Read 335908 times)

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
Re: M50: A Song Of Ice And Fire Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #1150 on: September 18, 2014, 03:21:16 pm »

When did Teproc list himself after you?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: September 18, 2014, 03:24:18 pm »

Also he listed himself the second-worst possible lynch after me.  Scum is much more likely to assign me uber IC status than town is, because they know I actually am town.  Teproc deserved some suspicion for this, but he's been fairly town throughout, and then way our discussion went down makes me not think it was a grasp-for-town-cred scum move by Teproc.

I'm also treating you as a guaranteed IC. I have accepted the possibility of you being scum as unlikely enough to bet on it. I don't think this makes him scummy.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: September 18, 2014, 03:26:12 pm »

Also he listed himself the second-worst possible lynch after me.  Scum is much more likely to assign me uber IC status than town is, because they know I actually am town.  Teproc deserved some suspicion for this, but he's been fairly town throughout, and then way our discussion went down makes me not think it was a grasp-for-town-cred scum move by Teproc.

I don't give you uber town-status. But I don't think I will ever look like a townread to the general population of this game, and as long as I live, a proportion of the players will be losing time and energy focusing on me, instead of more useful targets. I don't think that will happen in your case. I am willing to risk the small possibility of you faking that interaction with Teproc for a more focused town. Plus, if you are scum, you will eventually get suspected if you reach, say D5.

I agree with your last point; I am strongly against an EgorK lynch, aferall. I've contributed, like 18% of all posts ever D1. You'll need some time to reread my interactions, though.

Reasons 2 and 3 are bad.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: September 18, 2014, 03:28:10 pm »

Anyone willing to swing the other way and lynch ash?

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: September 18, 2014, 03:28:29 pm »

Not today. But definitely.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: September 18, 2014, 03:36:11 pm »

We're talking about Pacovf.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: September 18, 2014, 03:40:14 pm »

My vote has nothing to dow ith trusting ash, obviously. I agree with the other reasons WW listed : when he listed WW after rhim in "least favorite lynches", I went back to being wary about him.

Also I just think there has to be a scum among the groupe that did a lot of theory talk, and pacovf is the most likely.

I'll be honest : a lot of this is that I've been feeling uneasy about him for a few pages now, but I can't point to something to really justify it. I'd rather lynch PPS or Ichi, but when I saw WW switch I figured it could be something worth exploring. I don't like the XP lynch all that much.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: September 18, 2014, 03:40:48 pm »

Anyone willing to swing the other way and lynch ash?

Better than no lynch for sure. Probably better than XP too. But I'm not super excited about it.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: September 18, 2014, 03:41:50 pm »

I know, but you implied Teproc did the same thing, yet you found him town for it, no? Just trying to understand this as it relates to Pavlof.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: September 18, 2014, 03:42:54 pm »

I'll be honest : a lot of this is that I've been feeling uneasy about him for a few pages now, but I can't point to something to really justify it. I'd rather lynch PPS or Ichi, but when I saw WW switch I figured it could be something worth exploring. I don't like the XP lynch all that much.

I have thought the exact same thing and am also willing to sheep you but for fear of D1 reads holds me back. Though I'm actually going V/LA soon, so I need to decide quickly.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: September 18, 2014, 03:43:22 pm »

I know, but you implied Teproc did the same thing, yet you found him town for it, no? Just trying to understand this as it relates to Pavlof.

He's referring to the fact that I was the one who argued that WW is an IC in the first place.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: September 18, 2014, 03:43:51 pm »

My vote has nothing to dow ith trusting ash, obviously. I agree with the other reasons WW listed : when he listed WW after rhim in "least favorite lynches", I went back to being wary about him.

Also I just think there has to be a scum among the groupe that did a lot of theory talk, and pacovf is the most likely.

Oh yes, Pac's super heavy theory talk is part of what caused my read.

I don't want to lynch XP.  I'm pretty "meh" about Ichi.  PPS I could do.  I think it's slightly suspicious that the wagon did not take off, given that it would be a pretty easy lynch to push through today.  This could mean scum doesn't want to bus, or scum doesn't want to be on the "obvious wagon".  Not sure which one.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: September 18, 2014, 03:44:54 pm »

He's referring to the fact that I was the one who argued that WW is an IC in the first place.

Yeah, and it didn't seem that opportunistic coming from you.  Coming from others it does.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: September 18, 2014, 03:46:39 pm »

Well, I would prefer PPS but am now totally willing to vote for pacof.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: September 18, 2014, 03:51:32 pm »

Who were the people doing theory talk?

If I understand correctly, people doing heavy theory talk is scummy because it lets people look like contributing while they really aren't. I've basically been present in everything that has happened, whether it was theory talk or scumhunting. So I don't really think you should base your read on that.

Yeah, and it didn't seem that opportunistic coming from you.  Coming from others it does.

Hasn't the vast majority of players granted you pseudo-IC status?

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: September 18, 2014, 03:53:44 pm »

I'd rather lynch PPS or Ichi
I can't put into words how tired I am of people saying they'll lynch me and providing absolutely no information or backing whatsoever--because there is no case against me. Look, I was sick and had to go the ER earlier this week--and apparently I haven't stood out, not that that's out of my meta. All those who do so (Voltaire, pacovf, Teproc) are much more likely scum in my mind.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: September 18, 2014, 03:54:44 pm »

Who were the people doing theory talk?

If I understand correctly, people doing heavy theory talk is scummy because it lets people look like contributing while they really aren't. I've basically been present in everything that has happened, whether it was theory talk or scumhunting. So I don't really think you should base your read on that.

Hasn't the vast majority of players granted you pseudo-IC status?

Some have stood out as eager to bring it up.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: September 18, 2014, 03:55:24 pm »

Good for you Ichi. We're giving you stuff to do !

The truth is : I have a lot of town reads in this game. You a egiven me no reasons to think you're town, so I'd be fine with lynching you. That's just how it is. It's not a case, but it's enough, at least for me.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: September 18, 2014, 03:56:01 pm »

There should be a "have" somewhere in there.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: September 18, 2014, 03:56:18 pm »

PoE: Annoying scum since whateverVoltsaiditwasfunnywhenhedidit

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: September 18, 2014, 03:56:52 pm »

Some have stood out as eager to bring it up.

Bring what up? Your pseudo-IC status? I've posted much more than most other people. If you are only counting the number of times event X happened in player Y's posts, I'm certainly going to come on top.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: September 18, 2014, 03:57:14 pm »

pacovf : people who have done a lot of theory talk include you, me, Voltaire, WW, silver, and to a lesser extent azadin.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: September 18, 2014, 04:02:05 pm »

pacovf : people who have done a lot of theory talk include you, me, Voltaire, WW, silver, and to a lesser extent azadin.

I see. Not very useful for me, all of them are townreads, except silver. I can understand your reasoning, even if of course I don't appreciate your conclusion. Theory talk in this setup is definitely good for town, the fact that scum can hide in there only brings you that far.

I guess I could consider who tried to avoid the possibility of an hypotetical empowered-Lannister cop. But that points towards you, Voltaire, and WW. It seems a tad weak, considering everything else you people have done makes me think town.

Meh.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: September 18, 2014, 04:05:03 pm »

Right, it's not a strong case. I have no strong case. The best I have is PPS (still my preferred lynch), but it's not happening, so I'm exploring other possibilities.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: September 18, 2014, 04:14:45 pm »

P seemed towny to me. the only reason I have to lynch him is ash. which, for me, is enough of an argument to promote him over no-lynch.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 120  All

Page created in 2.225 seconds with 20 queries.