Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 120  All

Author Topic: M50: A Song Of Ice And Fire Mafia - Town Wins!  (Read 335648 times)

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
Re: M50: A Song Of Ice And Fire Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #575 on: September 15, 2014, 01:48:25 pm »

Pretty sure that anybody not changing houses today will get 3 votes tonight, instead of 2.

@Mods: can you confirm this?

In the example in the opening post, votes increase at the end of the night.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: September 15, 2014, 01:49:01 pm »

Blah. I see I've left my vote on silver this whole time. I'm going to unvote for now and try to figure out who I want to lynch today.
Quick ramp-up on Hydrad looks like eager scum to me. PPS's self-vote at this point is very surprising to me.

Also. How exactly does one go about changing houses, in the thread or via PM?

PPE: 4

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: September 15, 2014, 01:51:18 pm »

Oh yeah, that is implied.

Ok, I'm fine with dissolving Baratheon.

Actually I'm not. If we decide to make everyone leave BAratheon, how can we prevent scum frmo seizing that opportunity and going in there by prentending to be houseless ?

OK, new rule : no one goes houseless, we need to keep be able to know where everyone is. Ichi needs to join a house (Lannister probably).

We don't want people to join Targaryen because they haven't claimed, and we don't want too many people in Stark either, so maybe we should just make Lannister te default.

PPE : 4
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: September 15, 2014, 01:52:39 pm »

I agree, there is no accountability in dissolving houses.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: September 15, 2014, 01:53:30 pm »

Alternate fun idea I just had - everyone joins Baratheon. Baratheon may not use their House power on anyone inside their House.  :P

Probably too silly. But a thing to remember we can do.

Actually I'm not. If we decide to make everyone leave BAratheon, how can we prevent scum frmo seizing that opportunity and going in there by prentending to be houseless ?

Really good point I had not thought of. Anyone house-less is admitting to being scum, we can still do what we were doing? If we can't account for everyone, they're either house-less or Baratheon.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: September 15, 2014, 01:54:59 pm »

Ha, that's actually interesting.  That would be a way to simulate dissolving all the houses.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: September 15, 2014, 01:57:12 pm »

Alternate fun idea I just had - everyone joins Baratheon. Baratheon may not use their House power on anyone inside their House.  :P

Probably too silly. But a thing to remember we can do.

Really good point I had not thought of. Anyone house-less is admitting to being scum, we can still do what we were doing? If we can't account for everyone, they're either house-less or Baratheon.

I thought changes of houses are public. But now that I think about it, they probably aren't. that changes quite a few things

I totally am trying to get wagons going, but that's where my "agreement" with your case on me ends. With all the theory talk going on, I want to make sure scum-hunting doesn't fall by the wayside

Isn't it reasonable to get the setup talk out of the way before starting to scum hunt?

About the lynch - we could do Egork. that's not the worst thing in the world. The problem is though, he also lurks as town. If anything, he's probably more active as scum. But still, you can't let lurkers lurk forever

I'll vote:Egork for now. But if anyone presents a strong case (or if I pick something up on a reread), i'll switch.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: September 15, 2014, 01:58:22 pm »

I'll vote:Egork for now. But if anyone presents a strong case (or if I pick something up on a reread), i'll switch.

What's the point of your vote then ?
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: September 15, 2014, 02:00:03 pm »

I'm ok with dissolving Baratheon.

I agree with the Houseless-Baratheon consideration. Starting tomorrow, anybody not being part of a house is confessing his extreme scumminess.

I think we should leave 2 people in Targ (in my opinion, WW should preferably stay there), 3 people in Stark (one leaves for Lannister, and say Ichi comes in), everybody else in Lannister.

Ha, that's actually interesting.  That would be a way to simulate dissolving all the houses.

And when everyone's Baratheon... muhuhuhahaha... no one will be.

This joke never gets old.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: September 15, 2014, 02:00:39 pm »

I have several outstanding questions to faust that should clear up some things (including if Houses are directly notified of their membership like we were at the start of the game).

This post is mostly for me to collect my thoughts.

Names like this are out of my lynch pool today.

silverspawn - null
pacovf - town based on reads
ashersky - absurd, uncertain, frustrating town read
Hydrad - I remember nothing about him but I don't like the wagon, feels veeeeeery easy
Witherweaver - IC thing
Teproc - town based on reads
XerxesPraelor - wait, he's in this game?
EgorK - don't remember
Robz888 - hit & run
Ichimaru Gin - not much
pingpongsam - scummy
azadin - leaning town
Voltaire - me!

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: September 15, 2014, 02:02:11 pm »

Another thing, more worrying: if there's only scum in one House, one of them can leave the house and go to Baratheon, and no one would be the wiser.

WW, you are definitely not leaving Targaryen.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: September 15, 2014, 02:02:32 pm »

I totally am trying to get wagons going, but that's where my "agreement" with your case on me ends. With all the theory talk going on, I want to make sure scum-hunting doesn't fall by the wayside

Isn't it reasonable to get the setup talk out of the way before starting to scum hunt?

In theory. It never works like that in practice. Hence, do both at the same time.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: September 15, 2014, 02:03:21 pm »

Another thing, more worrying: if there's only scum in one House, one of them can leave the house and go to Baratheon, and no one would be the wiser.

I don't follow?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: September 15, 2014, 02:03:46 pm »

get him to stop lurking. maybe noone comes up with a better case, and we just end up lynching him

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: September 15, 2014, 02:05:26 pm »

I don't follow?

If Robz and XP (that's the other Targ right ?) are both scum, they cna take over BAratheon with no one noticing, if we empty Baratheon.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: September 15, 2014, 02:05:46 pm »

I don't follow?

Would you leave Robz and Xerxes in Targaryen alone? If they are both scum, one goes to Baratheon. If anyone tries to join Targaryen, they are obvscum. How convenient would that be?

Hence, WW is not leaving Targaryen.

PPE what Teproc said.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: September 15, 2014, 02:06:47 pm »

Okay, that sounds reasonable.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: September 15, 2014, 02:07:14 pm »

get him to stop lurking. maybe noone comes up with a better case, and we just end up lynching him

By qualifying your vote and saying you'll switch at the drop of a hat you're not exactly doing a great job of putting pressure on him.

It can be good to overstate your confidence as town, makes people react. If someone voted for you with that reasoning, would you feel compelled to react ?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: September 15, 2014, 02:07:42 pm »

something different: Voltaire and ash both said that we should just give up all player roles. does anyone else feel that way?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: September 15, 2014, 02:08:08 pm »

I don't follow?

If Robz and XP (that's the other Targ right ?) are both scum, they cna take over BAratheon with no one noticing, if we empty Baratheon.

But then they're not in the House they're supposed to be (Targ) with no explanation, meaning they're either Baratheon or House-less (as others would be able to say if they're in their House), they're obv!scum for this. Not a big issue?

We need to consider that scum's #1 goal in a perfect world is probably to control Baratheon. Hence my love of the idea of dissolving it.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: September 15, 2014, 02:09:09 pm »

I don't follow?

But then they're not in the House they're supposed to be (Targ) with no explanation, meaning they're either Baratheon or House-less (as others would be able to say if they're in their House), they're obv!scum for this. Not a big issue?

We need to consider that scum's #1 goal in a perfect world is probably to control Baratheon. Hence my love of the idea of dissolving it.

Except their partner who is still in Targ can cover them and say they're still in Targ.

I guess that makes them both obvscum relatively quickly.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: September 15, 2014, 02:09:29 pm »

I don't follow?

But it's not verifiable, if they're both scum.  They can just say they're both in Targ, and since no one else is in Targ and no one else is in Baratheon, we can't tell.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: September 15, 2014, 02:09:42 pm »

It can be good to overstate your confidence as town, makes people react. If someone voted for you with that reasoning, would you feel compelled to react ?

I think it puts a little bit of pressure on him. More specifically, if other people start voting to and he gets near L-1, L-2, that will put pressure on him. It's obvious that, if I just voted for him without saying that it's not a very serious vote, it would put more pressure on him, but putting pressure on him isn't my top priority right now.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: September 15, 2014, 02:09:56 pm »

something different: Voltaire and ash both said that we should just give up all player roles. does anyone else feel that way?

No. That's insane, and I don't think Voltaire was serious when he said that. Stark is a 100% pro-town power for example.

PPE : 2

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: September 15, 2014, 02:10:11 pm »

I'm ok with dissolving Baratheon.

I agree with the Houseless-Baratheon consideration. Starting tomorrow, anybody not being part of a house is confessing his extreme scumminess.

I think we should leave 2 people in Targ (in my opinion, WW should preferably stay there), 3 people in Stark (one leaves for Lannister, and say Ichi comes in), everybody else in Lannister.

And when everyone's Baratheon... muhuhuhahaha... no one will be.

This joke never gets old.

I don't get it.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 120  All

Page created in 1.927 seconds with 20 queries.