Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 120  All

Author Topic: M50: A Song Of Ice And Fire Mafia - Town Wins!  (Read 335554 times)

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
Re: M50: A Song Of Ice And Fire Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #525 on: September 15, 2014, 11:53:23 am »

Wait, do we know if the empowerment is permanent? If the empowerment condition stops being true, is the power still empowered?

Also, vote: hydrad

Excellent question.

faust, once a house is empowered, can it lose that status ?
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: September 15, 2014, 11:55:33 am »

Yes yes I do! And before I saw your post, I came into the thread prepared to post this:

Quote from: Theoretical post by Voltaire in an alternate reality

This post is the sense! Watch out Teproc, I have a new buddy.

Or something like that. But I still stand by it.

So I do get what you mean. Either the three of us are the beginning of an unstoppable three-headed IC team or we have a serious problem on our hands.

Anyway, either way, I don't want to lynch you or pacofv today. Stronger read on him than you.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: September 15, 2014, 11:56:56 am »

Teproc: I knew that buddying is considered scummy, if that helps you reach a conclusion. It's your own fault for being overall helpful and sensible even under Ashersky's aura of madness, I guess. :P
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: September 15, 2014, 12:02:04 pm »

Well this wouldn't be a normal game of mafia if I wasn't suspected day 1 I guess

That's not really an answer to the accusations, is it?

Either the three of us are the beginning of an unstoppable three-headed IC team

Uh, wow, remove your finger from the IC-gun, you are a bit too trigger happy there, don't you think?
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: September 15, 2014, 12:04:27 pm »

Well this wouldn't be a normal game of mafia if I wasn't suspected day 1 I guess

Either the three of us are the beginning of an unstoppable three-headed IC team

Uh, wow, remove your finger from the IC-gun, you are a bit too trigger happy there, don't you think?

I now use claiming to be an IC (and I know Teproc does too) as a joke ever since Robz has claimed it repeatedly when the circumstances absolutely did not call for it.

Also, as Teproc said, the backstory is that I buddied him hard, as town, in the previous GoT game because he was super obv!town and that made me happy. It made POE so much easier because Teproc played so well. Now I'm getting that vibe from you too.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: September 15, 2014, 12:05:15 pm »

I absolutely do not want Baratheon empowered. I still lean towards abandoning them.

azadin

• Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: September 15, 2014, 12:07:11 pm »

I absolutely do not want Baratheon empowered. I still lean towards abandoning them.

Are you ok with my proposal of moves, then? It doesn't abandon Baratheon, but doesn't empower them, either. Leaves 3 people there for accountability purposes.

Though EgorK is also suspiciously non-active and he's in there.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: September 15, 2014, 12:14:00 pm »

I'm mildly in favour of empowering Baratheon, because it wouldn't be much harder to do, wouldn't be more dangerous (4 people in one house means plenty of accountability), and well, I am curious.
I am somewhat against dissolving it, because more QTs is bad for mafia, I think?
I am completely against leaving only one or two people in Baratheon, for obvious reasons.

Otherwise, I am ok with your proposed moves. BTW, if we lynch Hydrad, EgorK will have to go to Lannister anyway.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: September 15, 2014, 12:25:21 pm »

that is one thing to be aware of. If scum is afriad of the lannister power the easiest way for them to do that is to just kill me and egork.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: September 15, 2014, 12:27:18 pm »

Ya its not. But I don't really see what I'm being accused of... both azadin and XP just kinda voted me without much of a explaination.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: September 15, 2014, 12:31:28 pm »

I'll refresh your memory.

Also, if one of Ash's main points against pacovf were his seemingly excited post nature (new scum apparently get giddy and post differently), I'd like to point out that I got this exact impression by Hydrad. He seemed to be posting lots of small bursts of things, none of which were directly helpful (except his revealing of his house's power). Granted, I've never played a game with him before, and haven't had a chance to go back and read previous games he's been in. Just noting suspicion. Everyone seems so hyperfocused on this one case (ash/pacovf), it's like the rest of everyone else's posts are invisible.

Scummy on Hydrad:

Wait you think we should just ditch our house? Having a vig town controlled would be a way to fight back. I'm surprised that your instant reaction is to just ditch it.

Hmm I guess there is the risk that if a scum takes it over it could get bad 

Also just for curiosities sake. If there is one person left in a house and we lynch them but people tried to join the house that night. Would they be able to or would the house already have disappeared.

Hmm interesting. You guys are much more careful then me I guess. Should we at least try to get our empower ment condition to see what it is?  There's a chance it might not be vig at all and could be useful I guess.

Even if it's only one night getting at least one potential vig shot from town is better then nothing right?

Reacts too strongly to the idea of abandoning the arsonist, and a bit too eager to just get a shot down. It is unclear if even a town-aligned vigilante is good for town so early in the game, and this version is so easy for scum to use in their favour, I don't think this should have been his reaction as town.  Vote: Hydrad.

Oh, and Ash, you definitely have to vote for Hydrad, he's posted a self-aware joke!

Targa eyes are obviously scummy. Let's lynch then all it's obvious they are the scum faction!

My earlier suspicion of Hydrad has only gotten stronger the longer I've thought about it, and pacovf outlined some of the specific posts that were sticking out in my mind (especially that self aware joke...but I'm not going to get into a recursive meta discussion right now).

Vote: Hydrad

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: September 15, 2014, 12:31:46 pm »

well, everyone seems to shrug ash's suspicions off as nonsense. I'm not so sure about it, but I'm also not strongly pro P lynch, so I'll just leave it at that.

I don't really get the Hydrad case. he strikes me as pretty innocent

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: September 15, 2014, 12:33:27 pm »

I am somewhat against dissolving it, because more QTs is bad for mafia, I think?

I actually haven't posted a single thing in the Lannister QT. the problem is, the mafia/player ratio isn't any lower there than it is here. why should QT's even be beneficial for us?

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: September 15, 2014, 12:40:08 pm »

I'll refresh your memory.

Also, if one of Ash's main points against pacovf were his seemingly excited post nature (new scum apparently get giddy and post differently), I'd like to point out that I got this exact impression by Hydrad. He seemed to be posting lots of small bursts of things, none of which were directly helpful (except his revealing of his house's power). Granted, I've never played a game with him before, and haven't had a chance to go back and read previous games he's been in. Just noting suspicion. Everyone seems so hyperfocused on this one case (ash/pacovf), it's like the rest of everyone else's posts are invisible.

Scummy on Hydrad:

Wait you think we should just ditch our house? Having a vig town controlled would be a way to fight back. I'm surprised that your instant reaction is to just ditch it.

Hmm I guess there is the risk that if a scum takes it over it could get bad 

Also just for curiosities sake. If there is one person left in a house and we lynch them but people tried to join the house that night. Would they be able to or would the house already have disappeared.

Hmm interesting. You guys are much more careful then me I guess. Should we at least try to get our empower ment condition to see what it is?  There's a chance it might not be vig at all and could be useful I guess.

Even if it's only one night getting at least one potential vig shot from town is better then nothing right?

Reacts too strongly to the idea of abandoning the arsonist, and a bit too eager to just get a shot down. It is unclear if even a town-aligned vigilante is good for town so early in the game, and this version is so easy for scum to use in their favour, I don't think this should have been his reaction as town.  Vote: Hydrad.

Oh, and Ash, you definitely have to vote for Hydrad, he's posted a self-aware joke!

Targa eyes are obviously scummy. Let's lynch then all it's obvious they are the scum faction!

My earlier suspicion of Hydrad has only gotten stronger the longer I've thought about it, and pacovf outlined some of the specific posts that were sticking out in my mind (especially that self aware joke...but I'm not going to get into a recursive meta discussion right now).

Vote: Hydrad

Ah thanks. Somehow I forgot that you had also made the case against me and just saw the azadin and XP votes which didn't make sense. I guess I didn't want to lose my power because if we get to use in with a town person its good for us. So my first reaction was why can't we use it as it gives us a chance to hit scum during the night. I will admit I underestimated the issues if we let a scum control it. Part of me just wanted to control it and use it in a town way but for a moment I forgot that none of you know I'm town and that you won't be willing to trust me to control the power.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: September 15, 2014, 12:40:34 pm »

PPE 1

I actually haven't posted a single thing in the Lannister QT. the problem is, the mafia/player ratio isn't any lower there than it is here. why should QT's even be beneficial for us?

I'm not 100% on this, so I can be convinced otherwise, but you can sorta coordinate traps in the QT, by choosing which information you want to share and which you don't. In the case mafia isn't in all houses, it just takes one such trap to fire to catch scum, and even if mafia is in all houses, because mafia doesn't have daychat (I guess this is the sort of thing that would be hinted at, at the very least, and the House system makes me believe there isn't), we can catch scum which isn't in the House.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: September 15, 2014, 12:46:08 pm »

@Hydrad: How is an arsonist good for town? How do you know you were going to hit scum? There's more town than scum going around.

Azadin thinks you have been jumpy/giddy, and posting without saying anything truly useful, what do you say to that?

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: September 15, 2014, 12:50:24 pm »

well, everyone seems to shrug ash's suspicions off as nonsense. I'm not so sure about it, but I'm also not strongly pro P lynch, so I'll just leave it at that.

...who is everyone?

If you are not strongly pro lynching me, who do you want to lynch?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: September 15, 2014, 12:55:07 pm »

If you are not strongly pro lynching me, who do you want to lynch?
don't really have a strong target yet. I'll probably do some rereads, but we're not really in a rush. 4 days left to the deadline.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: September 15, 2014, 12:57:35 pm »

Certainly, but we will have to coordinate House movements once we decide who to lynch. We can't wait until the last minute, not in this setup.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: September 15, 2014, 12:58:56 pm »

@Hydrad: How is an arsonist good for town? How do you know you were going to hit scum? There's more town than scum going around.

Azadin thinks you have been jumpy/giddy, and posting without saying anything truly useful, what do you say to that?

Its not always going to be good but if you do hit scum during night its a huge help. Its kinda like a vig. You might be scared for hitting town and you are going to at least a few times. But its still overall good for town. Its kinda like doing a day one lynch with no info. Its still a chance to hit scum so you should do it anyways in the small chance of hitting scum. Thats how i feel atleast.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: September 15, 2014, 01:05:10 pm »

also in regards to being jumpy and giddy. I don't think I've been either of those.

as for posting without saying anything useful I think thats a bad habit I'm picking up in some of my games where I don't want to lurk so I'll post some stuff. But I don't actually have anything to say so I end up just posting something that doesn't really help.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: September 15, 2014, 01:07:57 pm »

Its not always going to be good but if you do hit scum during night its a huge help. Its kinda like a vig. You might be scared for hitting town and you are going to at least a few times. But its still overall good for town. Its kinda like doing a day one lynch with no info. Its still a chance to hit scum so you should do it anyways in the small chance of hitting scum. Thats how i feel atleast.

The difference is that, in a day one lynch, you get to see who was for and who was against the lynch, who started it, who pushed it, who resisted it... How is "a small chance of hitting scum" "still overall good for town", when the other side of the coin is offing town?

You still haven't answered Azadin's point, by the way.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: September 15, 2014, 01:08:44 pm »

The difference is that, in a day one lynch, you get to see who was for and who was against the lynch, who started it, who pushed it, who resisted it... How is "a small chance of hitting scum" "still overall good for town", when the other side of the coin is offing town?

You still haven't answered Azadin's point, by the way.

I think i did in the post above? or was there something else I missed

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: September 15, 2014, 01:11:58 pm »

Sorry, crossposted, didn't see your second post.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: September 15, 2014, 01:14:35 pm »

Are you ok with my proposal of moves, then? It doesn't abandon Baratheon, but doesn't empower them, either. Leaves 3 people there for accountability purposes.

Though EgorK is also suspiciously non-active and he's in there.

I think I'm ok with your proposed moves, I'll need to look them over.

The reason I want Baratheon not empowered/gone is, why the hell do we want a non-100% town arsonist in this game? It's basically a vigilante that has to make their choices earlier/is less flexible. Also, their House is a full arsonist without empowerment. Why the hell do we want a non-100% town ultra-arsonist in this game?

I'm not crazy about a Hydrad lynch. EgorK seems fine, it's where my vote is, if we're going to lynch lurkers.

PPS would also be a good lynch, I think maybe.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 120  All

Page created in 0.39 seconds with 21 queries.