Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 120  All

Author Topic: M50: A Song Of Ice And Fire Mafia - Town Wins!  (Read 335961 times)

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
Re: M50: A Song Of Ice And Fire Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #250 on: September 12, 2014, 08:30:17 am »

It's one of like five reasons he's super scum.  So drop that reason if you don't like it, but the rest you've said nothing about.

I can't believe you are still acting as if that reason is actually a reason at all. It looks like you genuinely thought I scumslipped because you didn't read the first post by Faust in the quicktopic, and you've tried to fit the narrative of me being scum with everything I've said since. And now that we've told you that your strongest argument simply doesn't work, you are still holding onto the case (fake scumslip argument included!) like a captain on a sinking ship.

Everything you've said after your initial case was said in pure, unabashed bad faith. I've got trouble taking you seriously right now.

I disagree with your point about him going silent, since I did go silent as well because it seemed like you had something to say and I wanted to know what it was... I assume pacovf had the same reaction.

Well, we had a nice discussion you and I about how to use our house power, and I stopped talking when I felt we had said everything we could say about it. Some time later, Ash comes and says "I have thoughts" (that's it!), despite the fact that you had asked him to say what he thought about the setup. Since I didn't have anything left to say about the setup, and it didn't look like Ash wanted to talk on the quicktopic (which is understandable), I left it there.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 12, 2014, 08:48:36 am »

I'm going to be rather V/LA until about Monday since I am cramming work, then packing and then traveling and then unpacking over this weekend. Then I'll actually be on vacation but should at least be able to follow the thread closely and post in spurts (sounds kind of gross, no?).

That said, I agree that WW is ICish via the mod mistake. Teproc distilled the WW ICishness so town points to him.

I am not at all following the pacovf angle and think ash is off the rails with this one. Typical ash, null here for now.

Voltaire seems opportunistically voting in search of traction.

Null on everyone else.

You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 12, 2014, 09:20:02 am »

It's one of like five reasons he's super scum.  So drop that reason if you don't like it, but the rest you've said nothing about.

I can't believe you are still acting as if that reason is actually a reason at all. It looks like you genuinely thought I scumslipped because you didn't read the first post by Faust in the quicktopic, and you've tried to fit the narrative of me being scum with everything I've said since. And now that we've told you that your strongest argument simply doesn't work, you are still holding onto the case (fake scumslip argument included!) like a captain on a sinking ship.

Everything you've said after your initial case was said in pure, unabashed bad faith. I've got trouble taking you seriously right now.

I disagree with your point about him going silent, since I did go silent as well because it seemed like you had something to say and I wanted to know what it was... I assume pacovf had the same reaction.

Well, we had a nice discussion you and I about how to use our house power, and I stopped talking when I felt we had said everything we could say about it. Some time later, Ash comes and says "I have thoughts" (that's it!), despite the fact that you had asked him to say what he thought about the setup. Since I didn't have anything left to say about the setup, and it didn't look like Ash wanted to talk on the quicktopic (which is understandable), I left it there.

Incredibly defensive for someone who claims to be town a few days into a game with few votes on him, don't you think?  Scumtell.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 12, 2014, 09:30:56 am »

I'm going to go with Ash on this.  Vote: Pacofv
Are you serious?

Why does it bother you?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 12, 2014, 09:33:05 am »

vote: ashersky

for a horrible case and provoking a situation in which his house had to give up information to everyone.

How do you have enough information to conclude that it's horrible?

And why is giving up information relevant?  If Ashersky is scum (which is implicit in your vote for him), his scum team already has said information, so what is your point here?

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: September 12, 2014, 10:01:29 am »

Incredibly defensive for someone who claims to be town a few days into a game with few votes on him, don't you think?  Scumtell.

Well, I am answering your accusations because it's the only thing that is happening right now, I definitely don't feel threatened by your case (most people seem to think that you are wildly off). I wish people would finally say that they are ok with sharing House powers, so that we can discuss what is the best way to use them, and move beyond setup-discussion-phase, but it takes some time. Two people haven't even logged in yet.

I am still unclear on what I should do when I am accused. I got quite some slack in NM VI because I was overly defensive (I was town). At the end of the game, I asked if I should defend myself when under attack, since apparently doing so is scummy, and all the responses I got were to the effect that yes, I should defend myself even when I am town. So whatever you say, I guess?
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 12, 2014, 10:08:21 am »

Vote Count 1.2

silverspawn (1): Ichimaru Gin
Ichimaru Gin (1): pacovf
pacovf (2): ashersky, Witherweaver
ashersky (1): XerxesPraelor
EgorK (1): Voltaire

Not Voting (7): silverspawn, Hydrad, Teproc, EgorK, Robz888, pingpongsam, azadin

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Day 1 ends on September 19 at noon.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 12, 2014, 10:32:48 am »

So ash apparently decided to be useless this game. I suggest we ignore him until he comes back to his senses (day 3 or so). He is very likely town though, it reminds me a lot of his fight against faust in Dynasty Warriors II.

That doesn't mean pacovf is town though, if anything I lean slightly scummy on him.

Agreed.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 12, 2014, 11:35:06 am »

Okay, revealing stuff!

Lannister's power is that we pay our debts (heh). Our power is that, if someone has targeted the one of us performing the power, we perform back the most recent action they performed against us. I hope that's clear enough, it's tricky to paraphrase the QT on this without changing the meaning of our power.

Lannister's EMpowerment is that the House needs to (collectively) have been sworn to the other Houses. So a former Stark/Targ, and a former Baratheon, in a 6-player House would be enough, for example.

And what do we get for this trickery? Our power becomes stronger, no specifics. This leads me to think it is not something worth achieving as it seems super-difficult.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 12, 2014, 11:37:46 am »

And now I'm out for two-ish days, checking in on occasion.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 12, 2014, 11:42:48 am »

Okay, revealing stuff!

Lannister's power is that we pay our debts (heh). Our power is that, if someone has targeted the one of us performing the power, we perform back the most recent action they performed against us. I hope that's clear enough, it's tricky to paraphrase the QT on this without changing the meaning of our power.

Lannister's EMpowerment is that the House needs to (collectively) have been sworn to the other Houses. So a former Stark/Targ, and a former Baratheon, in a 6-player House would be enough, for example.

And what do we get for this trickery? Our power becomes stronger, no specifics. This leads me to think it is not something worth achieving as it seems super-difficult.

Huh... interesting.. your ability is passive?  If any one of you gets targeted, then that player reciprocates?  You don't have to vote for the individual or anything?

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 12, 2014, 11:43:04 am »

That doesn't sound difficult at all... The problem is the power can be used against town, so we might not want to empower it.

The Stark power is a bodyguard. It is empowered if the Lannister house has perished. It is not clear what it becomes then, but my guess is Doctor, because that makes sense as a Bodyguard upragde. Doesn't make that much sense for the Starks though.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 12, 2014, 11:44:08 am »

Okay, revealing stuff!

Huh... interesting.. your ability is passive?  If any one of you gets targeted, then that player reciprocates?  You don't have to vote for the individual or anything?

No, it's not passive, we vote on it like the seutp says. I thought that part was assumed.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 12, 2014, 11:45:22 am »

I see where I may have been unclear. Trying again:

Our power is that, once it has been determined who will use our power, that person will target someone. If the targeted person has performed a power against the Lannister, we perform back the most recent action they performed against us.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 12, 2014, 11:46:10 am »

So if (say) on N2 I target you, WW, and you're a cop, and you investigate me N1, I'll cop you N2.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 12, 2014, 11:48:31 am »

Ah, okay.  So.. uh.. not very useful as long as there is one scum in your house?  Or can you think of a plan?

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 12, 2014, 11:49:23 am »

I suggest WW joins the Lannister house and gets voted in, making him effectively unkillable. Right ?
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 12, 2014, 11:50:34 am »

It seems like the only pro-town use of this power. Without an IC, I wouldn't even want to use it at all.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 12, 2014, 11:51:06 am »

I suggest WW joins the Lannister house and gets voted in, making him effectively unkillable. Right ?

What? How?

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 12, 2014, 11:52:11 am »

What? How?

Well wouldn't a kill targeting him redirect to the killer ? Or am I misunderstanding ?

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: September 12, 2014, 11:52:40 am »

OH, I did misunderstand. I see. That's a weird power.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 12, 2014, 11:52:46 am »

Um.. I guess it would deter them from killing me, but you have to pick correctly.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 12, 2014, 11:53:12 am »

What? How?

Well wouldn't a kill targeting him redirect to the killer ? Or am I misunderstanding ?

This isn't redirection. It's a new action, limited in choice by what our target has previously performed on us.

So it might cause a 1-for-1 the night they kill him, if same-night actions are allowed. I will have to check on that.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 12, 2014, 11:53:44 am »

Yeah... it's actually very interesting. It would be awesome if a house had some sort of investigative power.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 12, 2014, 11:54:01 am »

So who's going to spill the beans on the other Houses?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 120  All

Page created in 2.312 seconds with 21 queries.