Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 120  All

Author Topic: M50: A Song Of Ice And Fire Mafia - Town Wins!  (Read 335490 times)

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
Re: M50: A Song Of Ice And Fire Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #225 on: September 11, 2014, 09:36:34 pm »

There's no way in hell anyone is lynchable by flavor name.

Well, you were implying that there might be a king. Right now, the king is joffrey. If joffrey is actually a player, I would argue that lynching the player or the character should give the same result. You are saying this wouldn't work?

I'm saying there is clearly a king, based on the fact that Joffrey was revealed to be said king at the start of the day, that it was in bold, indicating that it's more than flavor, and there's clearly a mechanic behind it, as evidenced by the fact that faust wouldn't tell me about it.

Current guess is that if scum faction is Varys-aligned they get a bonus every time the king dies or something.

azadin

• Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 11, 2014, 09:38:32 pm »

Here, catching up. (Still have limited internet access until this weekend, as I mentioned in my sign up post).

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 11, 2014, 09:40:04 pm »

All I know is, the largest House makes the king, and Joffrey is king, and I sure as hell didn't make him.*

*I'm the Queen of Thorns

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 11, 2014, 09:41:11 pm »

vote: silver I think.

Why silver? I think he is V/LA anyway.

There's no way in hell anyone is lynchable by flavor name.

Well, you were implying that there might be a king. Right now, the king is joffrey. If joffrey is actually a player, I would argue that lynching the player or the character should give the same result. You are saying this wouldn't work?

I'm saying there is clearly a king, based on the fact that Joffrey was revealed to be said king at the start of the day, that it was in bold, indicating that it's more than flavor, and there's clearly a mechanic behind it, as evidenced by the fact that faust wouldn't tell me about it.

Current guess is that if scum faction is Varys-aligned they get a bonus every time the king dies or something.

InterestingTM

On the subject of House powers, I think the Starks would agree to divulge ours if the other Houses agreed to it too.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 11, 2014, 09:43:12 pm »

I am with PPS on thinking that the king is just a NPC when that house is the biggest. Thats my opinion on how its working
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 11, 2014, 09:44:34 pm »

Because he was the only one who hasn't posted.  :P

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 11, 2014, 09:45:34 pm »

Aside from EgorK and Azadin (back then), you are right, yes.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 11, 2014, 09:49:59 pm »

Just to save time since this will all be announced anyways. Egork is also in baratheon. So that means everyone else is in lannister I think if they are the biggest house.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

azadin

• Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 11, 2014, 09:51:31 pm »

Will post more in a bit, but for now, I am also Lannister, if that wasn't clear already.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 11, 2014, 09:51:52 pm »

Would you say that it's interesting?

whoa what? this game is suddenly getting interesting

Well now that is interesting.

Also, something very interesting

InterestingTM
Is Teproc the only one who read my new sig?

On a more serious note, I like my vote where it is. Silver seems like quite the trickster in a game I browsed with him in it.

PPE 2: So, it's looking like I'm the only houseless person?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 11, 2014, 09:52:03 pm »

And I didn't realize that about azadin because he's in my House and has posted there. So Hydrad hasn't posted yet? vote: Hydrad

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 11, 2014, 09:53:29 pm »

And I didn't realize that about azadin because he's in my House and has posted there. So Hydrad hasn't posted yet? vote: Hydrad

???

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 11, 2014, 09:58:15 pm »

Oh right, EgorK. vote: EgorK

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 11, 2014, 10:07:02 pm »

I think we've got all the House claims then, aside from silverspawn, which I assume is in Lannister:

Stark:
pacovf (Brynden Tully)
Teproc (Brienne of Tarth)
Ashersky

Lannister:
pingpongsam
Voltaire (Queen of Thorns)
Azadin
??Silverspawn??

Targaryen:
Robz888 (Jorah Mormont)
Witherweaver (Barristan Selmy)
XerxesPraelor

Baratheon:
Hydrad
EgorK

House-free:
Ichimaru Gin

So time to discuss whether we should share what the house powers are! I suggest discussing in each quicktopic whether you think your specific power should be revealed, and on the common thread whether all of them should.

As I said before, I think we probably already have scum in every house (except maybe Baratheon), so I am pro-reveal.

azadin

• Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 11, 2014, 10:07:36 pm »

Ok, caught up. There was a lot of stuff there to process, but I can say that Hydrad has posted pretty often, so I'm not sure why Voltaire didn't realize this. As for everything else, I mostly skimmed so I didn't get any obvious reads. I will do a more thorough read in a few to look for that.

I've noticed a couple things. There is ash's case against pacovf, Witherweaver/Teproc mod mixup making WW an IC (not convinced on this yet, but there was discussion), and discussion on whether we should reveal our house powers.

Ash seems to be acting town, but I'm not 100% convinced on his case on pacovf yet (I will try to do a more thorough read to look for reads). I agree with him that there is likely only one scum faction.

How likely is it that scum are spread out enough that they know most of the house powers already? If they do, it's severely to our disadvantage to keep them secret from each other. I think that the opposite scenario (where they don't already know the majority of the house powers), is helpful to neither team. That makes me think it would be to town's advantage to reveal our house powers, so we can coordinate allegiances to utilize the best ones.

PPE: 2

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: September 11, 2014, 10:14:29 pm »

should we also post empowerment things also? I guess at the moment I'm speaking for my house since I havn't been in contact with egork for a while.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 11, 2014, 10:19:13 pm »

The same argument that would make us reveal the House powers would lead us to reveal the empower conditions: scum probably already knows them.

I guess we could still keep them secret so that scum doesn't know everything, if we aren't in the worst case scenario (scum in every house). It's not like the empower conditions are vital for town to develop a strategy, in my opinion.

Going to sleep, have fun kids.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 11, 2014, 10:30:32 pm »

I agree to reveal powers and empowers.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 11, 2014, 10:34:12 pm »

I'm slightly hesitant to reveal because as long as egork isn't scum they don't know what our house does which could be nice. But I'm trying to figure out if it would help town or scum more to know this information.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 12, 2014, 04:10:49 am »

So ash apparently decided to be useless this game. I suggest we ignore him until he comes back to his senses (day 3 or so). He is very likely town though, it reminds me a lot of his fight against faust in Dynasty Warriors II.

That doesn't mean pacovf is town though, if anything I lean slightly scummy on him.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 12, 2014, 04:13:48 am »

I currently caution against claiming House powers as ours is super-thematic and I want to think about what that might mean for a bit more.

If I understand correctly, there are 4 people in House Lannister. Which means that it is very likely that at least one of them is scum. So there isn't any real reason not to share the info with everybody else.

Of course, feel free to think about it longer.

Decent odds, yes. But it's not so much our House as the others. If ours is thematic, I assume the others are, and I want to make sure there aren't flavor reasons to keep them secret, since clearly flavor relates to QT roles.

Flavor relates to QT roles obviously, but why is that a reason to keep them secret ? It's actuallya reason against it, since people might be able to guess them anyway.

As for the king stuff, I still like PPS' theory that there is a NP associated with each faction : I would assume ours is Ned, the Lannisters' is Joffrey, the Baratheons' is Stannis, and the Targaryens' is Daenerys.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 12, 2014, 04:15:20 am »

By the way, since it's out there, our empowerement condition is not exactly to kill all Lannisters, it is for House Lannister to have perished, which would just mean that no one is in it anymore. This means we would have to abandon the Lannister power if we wanted to get the Stark enpowered powerd, hence pacovf's comments taht ash finds scummy for some reason.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 12, 2014, 05:23:59 am »

It looks like Stark and Lannister are in favour of sharing House powers. We can wait for EgorK for Baratheon's opinion, and Targaryen hasn't voiced anything on the subject, AFAIR.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 12, 2014, 07:55:36 am »

By the way, since it's out there, our empowerement condition is not exactly to kill all Lannisters, it is for House Lannister to have perished, which would just mean that no one is in it anymore. This means we would have to abandon the Lannister power if we wanted to get the Stark enpowered powerd, hence pacovf's comments taht ash finds scummy for some reason.

Now I will suggest you read.  You act as though the Lannisters comment is the only thing I mentioned.  It's one of like five reasons he's super scum.  So drop that reason if you don't like it, but the rest you've said nothing about.

If you are going to white knight him (while simultaneously trying to keep an out), try to actually defend him fully.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 12, 2014, 08:11:07 am »

I' not white knighting, I'm saying your case is insane, and that you're going the way you've gone so many times bere, most often leading to failure.

Remember your "100%" comment about faust flipping scum in DWII ? This is what I feel you're doing here again.

I think you have a point with the nervousness with his joke about talking in the scum QT, but that's about it. I disagree with your point about him going silent, since I did go silent as well because it seemed like you had something to say and I wanted to know what it was... I assume pacovf had the same reaction.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 120  All

Page created in 2.159 seconds with 20 queries.