Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 120  All

Author Topic: M50: A Song Of Ice And Fire Mafia - Town Wins!  (Read 335734 times)

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
Re: M50: A Song Of Ice And Fire Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2014, 12:01:23 pm »

What ? We shouldn't claim flavor yet.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2014, 12:02:19 pm »

Even if flavor isn't related to role, it's definitely related to QTs, and we haven't decided wether or not we want to claim that. Everyone know knows which QT you're in, which we may or may not want.

I mean I do think we will claim QTs, but we should have a discussion about it first.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2014, 12:02:44 pm »

Joffrey kinda has to, so who cares.

Flavour is unrelated to roles/powers anyway.

PPE 1
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2014, 12:03:06 pm »

Ok two things. First, I have to admit that I've barely read the books.
Second, how do we change our houses?

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2014, 12:03:24 pm »

I'm also working under the assumption that we've got scum in every quicktopic, since that's the worst case scenario. Maybe I shouldn't?
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2014, 12:04:15 pm »

Even if flavor isn't related to role, it's definitely related to QTs, and we haven't decided wether or not we want to claim that. Everyone know knows which QT you're in, which we may or may not want.

I mean I do think we will claim QTs, but we should have a discussion about it first.

Fair enough.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2014, 12:06:42 pm »

We've got a notoriously low amount of information on the setup. No information about the possible PRs, nor the number of scum players.

What's the usual amount of mafia in a 13 player game?

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2014, 12:09:09 pm »

We've got a notoriously low amount of information on the setup. No information about the possible PRs, nor the number of scum players.

It depends how many factions there are. My bet would be two scum factions, maybe 2 each ? It pretty much has to be 3/4 scum total. C9++ is a 13-player setup that can result in only 2 scum, but that's with almost no PRs for town, which I doubt is the case here.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2014, 12:09:16 pm »

Oh wait Ichi's in this game?  Vote: Ichimaru.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2014, 12:10:01 pm »

It depends how many factions there are. My bet would be two scum factions, maybe 2 each ? It pretty much has to be 3/4 scum total. C9++ is a 13-player setup that can result in only 2 scum, but that's with almost no PRs for town, which I doubt is the case here.

Why are you betting on this?

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 11, 2014, 12:14:04 pm »

Which part, there being PRs ? TO be clear, the situation where C9++ only gives 2 scum is one where town has exactly one PR. This is an invented game, faust has obviously put work in the flavor, so I assume there's more.

I suppose the whole QT thing could justify there being very few, but I guess I don't expect that because if I were modding an ASoIaF game, I would want to give a fair amount of power to both (all ?) factions.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2014, 12:14:31 pm »

Oh wait Ichi's in this game?  Vote: Ichimaru.
whas up scumbud?

Man oh man, it feels good to be back!

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2014, 12:17:45 pm »

Which part, there being PRs ? TO be clear, the situation where C9++ only gives 2 scum is one where town has exactly one PR. This is an invented game, faust has obviously put work in the flavor, so I assume there's more.

I suppose the whole QT thing could justify there being very few, but I guess I don't expect that because if I were modding an ASoIaF game, I would want to give a fair amount of power to both (all ?) factions.

I think he was asking why you were assuming there are two scum factions.

It's been specifically said in the setup that there is no SK, right?

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2014, 12:19:20 pm »

Oh right. I'm not really assuming that, I just think it's somewhat likely given that ASoIaF has a lot of "bad" guys to offer.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2014, 12:19:44 pm »

The part where you're betting there are two scum factions of two each.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 11, 2014, 12:21:02 pm »

Oh right. I'm not really assuming that, I just think it's somewhat likely given that ASoIaF has a lot of "bad" guys to offer.

So who are you thinking?  White Walkers and someone?  Scum faction shouldn't be a house, since those are independent. 

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 11, 2014, 12:21:37 pm »

Actually I guess this is relevant:

There are 13 players, some of which are mafia and rest town (Realm-aligned in this game). At the start of the game, each player is assigned to a House or House-free. Houses do not indicate alignment. Similarly, flavor names are independent of alignment.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 11, 2014, 12:22:29 pm »

Flavor names are independent of alignment, but they indicate which house each person starts in, do they not? But perhaps we should all publicly clarify what houses we are in to begin with?
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 11, 2014, 12:27:07 pm »

My bet prior to the game starting was that the anti-realm faction would be the Targaryens, given that we are working on season 2 knowledge. I guess I can kinda see the Greyjoys too? They are the scum of Westeros after all. Can't see the Whitewalkers, it makes zero sense from a flavour point of view (oh no Joffrey was secretly a wight all this time and nobody noticed!). So if there is another faction, dunno... The wildlings? Makes slightly more sense. Or if we go from the opening flavour, some sort of Varys-aligned faction?

Flavor names are independent of alignment, but they indicate which house each person starts in, do they not? But perhaps we should all publicly clarify what houses we are in to begin with?

I think we should. More information is always good for town, right? Especially when it is kinda probable that the information is already available to scum (assuming one scum faction only).

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 11, 2014, 12:29:10 pm »

I agree, but again, this game started minutes ago, so we could wait for everyone to get a chance to get here.

@WW : Actually you're right, the fact that houses can't really be scum factions narrow the options down significantly.

PPE : Open info is not always good for town, not by a long shot.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 11, 2014, 12:31:59 pm »

If scum already knows that information, there is no downside to letting everybody else know it too. I'm not talking about publicly announcing PRs or some such.

Agree that we should wait for (most) everybody to say something about it first.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 11, 2014, 12:33:50 pm »

I'm just disagreeing with the general idea that more information is good for town. In the articular case of claiming QTs, I'm in favor.

I'm also in favor of claiming QT powers for the same reason, but I'm curious to see if anyone can come up with a good reason not to do it.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 11, 2014, 01:10:42 pm »

I don't see any reason not to claim houses. Scum can just switch houses to figure it out anyways, so we won't have any qt secrets for long.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 11, 2014, 01:12:24 pm »

Actually we kind of will since QTs are reset every time.

- House QTs will be newly set up each time someone joins or leaves the house. It is thus not possible for players that join a house to see any of the previous discussion.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 11, 2014, 01:13:01 pm »

But they'll still know basically who's in which house.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 120  All

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 19 queries.