Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 120  All

Author Topic: M50: A Song Of Ice And Fire Mafia - Town Wins!  (Read 340231 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
Re: M50: A Song Of Ice And Fire Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1500 on: September 21, 2014, 06:27:13 pm »

We'll talk it over.  I think I would not oppose a mass claim.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: September 21, 2014, 06:28:36 pm »

Do we mean flavor mass claim?  House mass claim?  Full mass claim?

I think we need to be careful.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: September 21, 2014, 06:30:14 pm »

I don't think we need PR mass claim yet. house claim I would be okay with.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: September 21, 2014, 06:30:23 pm »

I'm not sure how useful a massclaim is here. There probably aren't many PR's, so scum can just claim VT and that's that.

that said, I wont refuse to claim if we decide to do it. I'd also be okay with claiming relatively early, since I didn't join the PPS wagon.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
Re: Re: M50: A Song Of Ice And Fire Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1504 on: September 21, 2014, 06:34:16 pm »

Do we mean flavor mass claim?  House mass claim?  Full mass claim?

I think we need to be careful.

Flavor is basically already mass-claimed (XP is the only one who hasn't claimed and isn't entirely obvious I think).

I think Baratheon should definitely claim whatever their empowered power is and what they did last night. I'm not convinced we (Stark) should claim ours, and I'm generally in favor of Targaryens claiming but have no particular reason to be other than sheer curiosity.

I don't think we should PR claim, don't know if that's what Voltaire was thinking.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: September 21, 2014, 06:35:55 pm »

I didn't claim my flavor.  No one seems bothered by that.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: September 21, 2014, 06:36:49 pm »

I suppose you didn't. It doesn't matter though.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: M50: A Song Of Ice And Fire Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #1507 on: September 21, 2014, 06:38:03 pm »

Uh feel bad about lunching pps since he was vla and said he will start being active. Also don't fully like the pacovf lynch since I think he's really helpful if the game still goes on. Still would rather egork or xp but those arnt happening.

This is scuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumy in light of PPS flipping Mafia.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: September 21, 2014, 06:38:39 pm »

As well:

What's so good about EgorK?  You see no promise of him becoming more active?

Pretty much. If we go for. Lurker lynch I don't know if egork will ever be super active where I'm willing to give pps a bit of time to come back from vla

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: September 21, 2014, 06:39:44 pm »

Uh feel bad about lunching pps since he was vla and said he will start being active. Also don't fully like the pacovf lynch since I think he's really helpful if the game still goes on. Still would rather egork or xp but those arnt happening.

This is scuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumy in light of PPS flipping Mafia.

And this is why I knew I would be suspected today. I was planning on voting him if needed but I left for 10 minutes and when I came back he was already hammered. I know you have no way to believe that though
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: September 21, 2014, 06:40:32 pm »

Last post from Hydrad before the lynch:

The case on PPS isn't that he's lurking; it's that he's emulating his town meta.

The case on EgorK is, as far as I can tell, nothing beyond lurking.

Right but I guess I don't know his meta well so for me it's more. Lurking case.

I responded how the PPS case makes sense even if you don't know his meta.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: September 21, 2014, 06:40:52 pm »

Yeah. I don't know why he doesn't have more votes. A bunch of people expressed agreement with my case and then almost no one voted. That makes me feel better about lynching Hydrad today.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: September 21, 2014, 06:42:14 pm »

And this is why I knew I would be suspected today. I was planning on voting him if needed but I left for 10 minutes and when I came back he was already hammered. I know you have no way to believe that though

If it makes you feel better, I fully believe you'd have hammered. But scum would definitely bus in that spot, which is why the azadin kill is relatively surprising.

PPE : Ichi, I haven't voted yet because we have things to discuss before lynching. Barring someone claiming a scum result or something, I'm 99% lynching Hydrad today.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: September 21, 2014, 06:44:05 pm »

Last post from Hydrad before the lynch:

The case on PPS isn't that he's lurking; it's that he's emulating his town meta.

The case on EgorK is, as far as I can tell, nothing beyond lurking.

Right but I guess I don't know his meta well so for me it's more. Lurking case.

I responded how the PPS case makes sense even if you don't know his meta.

Ya you did. But then I left for a few minutes and before i could post again the day was over.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: September 21, 2014, 06:45:18 pm »

If it makes you feel better, I fully believe you'd have hammered. But scum would definitely bus in that spot, which is why the azadin kill is relatively surprising.

PPE : Ichi, I haven't voted yet because we have things to discuss before lynching. Barring someone claiming a scum result or something, I'm 99% lynching Hydrad today.
Thanks, I appreciate that since I was getting slightly concerned. And yes of course we want to at least let this day play out for a while with the claims and everything. It's not like we need to lynch him instantly, but I don't think my vote is going anywhere else today.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1515 on: September 21, 2014, 06:47:19 pm »

Well this is bad then. So in this situation if I'm getting lynched is there anyway I can still help town? I know its not confirmed that I'm dying today but I'm fine with getting lynched as long as I can help town somehow. My biggest issue is that the wagon on me might not even give any info. I feel like scum won't even be needed to jump on my wagon if i'm the only lynch candidate and you won't have any more info for the next day.

Scum can just pretend to defend me hard now and I'll still die at this rate while they will get town points.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: September 21, 2014, 06:49:02 pm »

Well this is bad then. So in this situation if I'm getting lynched is there anyway I can still help town?

Easy : who do you think is scum, in light of PPS' flip ?

And for that matter, who do you think is town ?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: September 21, 2014, 06:49:44 pm »

Also sensible not to lynch too quickly given there may be more house moves needed, right?

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: September 21, 2014, 06:51:52 pm »

Also sensible not to lynch too quickly given there may be more house moves needed, right?

That's what I meant by "things to discuss" among other.

If we lynch Hydrad, that's three Baratheon down, how may does that leave them with ? Voltaire, Egork, silver and Robz ? Still fine I suppose, depending on what their empowered power is.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: September 21, 2014, 06:53:15 pm »

WW and Volt are pretty much IC's for me.

I think silver has a high chance of being town also. In our QT I think it might almost be all town because of the azadin kill. As in our QT it looks like people didn't really trust him fully as town as I thought of Volt or WW but then scum went and killed him. So maybe they thought he was going to be ICish and wanted to take him out?

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: September 21, 2014, 06:53:43 pm »

That's what I meant by "things to discuss" among other.

If we lynch Hydrad, that's three Baratheon down, how may does that leave them with ? Voltaire, Egork, silver and Robz ? Still fine I suppose, depending on what their empowered power is.

Robzz is in Tar

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: September 21, 2014, 06:54:29 pm »

what happens if the hand of the king gets lynched? can the house just select another one?

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: September 21, 2014, 06:54:57 pm »

what happens if the hand of the king gets lynched? can the house just select another one?

I think every night we revote

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: September 21, 2014, 07:02:24 pm »

Oh man I just realized that I have almost no chance of surviving today. I'm looking at all the people to suspect and its still XP as my biggest scumread and its not even a great case. From my town reads I can't really even pick more people out that I think are scummy. Through pretty much POE even I would vote for me if it was someone else :/.

I'm guessing there has to be at least one scum that jumped onto the PPS wagon and probably one off? The scummiest one off the wagon for me might be asher? But even then I still have a townie read on him. And I can't think that all scum was on that wagon. They probably could of forced it onto someone else so I can't really think that all scum is on his wagon. This is really hard though. I'm going to try and figure out a few more scummy people.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: September 21, 2014, 07:25:29 pm »

Oh man I just realized that I have almost no chance of surviving today. I'm looking at all the people to suspect and its still XP as my biggest scumread and its not even a great case. From my town reads I can't really even pick more people out that I think are scummy. Through pretty much POE even I would vote for me if it was someone else :/.

I'm guessing there has to be at least one scum that jumped onto the PPS wagon and probably one off? The scummiest one off the wagon for me might be asher? But even then I still have a townie read on him. And I can't think that all scum was on that wagon. They probably could of forced it onto someone else so I can't really think that all scum is on his wagon. This is really hard though. I'm going to try and figure out a few more scummy people.

I love wagon analysis as much as the next guy.  I also love manipulating wagon analysis as scum (as I've said in QTs and subsequently been caught doing in games immediately following those QT games when the mod of that game was town in the next).

I think the azadin kill was for that purpose (if there is veteran scum remaining).  I think your paragraph up there sounds a lot like that, too.

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 120  All

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 15 queries.