Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 120  All

Author Topic: M50: A Song Of Ice And Fire Mafia - Town Wins!  (Read 335968 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: M50: A Song Of Ice And Fire Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #1125 on: September 17, 2014, 06:45:50 pm »

EgorK, why were you talking about the Greyjoy's?

The opening flavour implies that scum is Greyjoy-affiliated.

Don't answer other people's questions for them.

I will when they're this obvious.

Not even then, please.

I get your point, and I know I sometimes do this too much, but is this really all you have to say about this game ?

I've said other things.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: September 17, 2014, 06:52:11 pm »

wait pacofv isn't on me but he keeps trying to make me seem scummy?

He keeps posting to convince himself to vote for you.

I would rather lynch Hydrad than XP, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen anymore. Still, if someone could actually answer my question, that would be great.

I have seen it. I don't know if/why it's more likely for scum!hydrad to do this than town!hydrad.

Town tries to understand the cases made on them, not minimize them without apparent reason.

The second comment came out of nowhere, at a time the case on him wasn't even the focus of the discussion.

Both strike me more as nervous scum, rather than town.

I've said other things.

Yes, that WW is an IC, that Voltaire is a town read, and that I am not super townie.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: September 17, 2014, 07:00:46 pm »

EgorK, why were you talking about the Greyjoy's?

The opening flavour implies that scum is Greyjoy-affiliated.

Don't answer other people's questions for them.

I will when they're this obvious.

Not even then, please.

I get your point, and I know I sometimes do this too much, but is this really all you have to say about this game ?

I've said other things.

Mind saying them again, Your Highness ?
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: September 17, 2014, 07:16:46 pm »

I read townie on WW, ash, and Voltaire. I'll add you (Teproc) to that list, actually. I'm currently voting for pacovf, since I find him scummy. Not so sold on XP, PPS, or Egork.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: September 17, 2014, 07:35:55 pm »

ok phone posting.  Tempted to vote for XP. I haven't seen too much of the rest of the case, but the one vote on Hydra just looked really opportunistic. I remember that from the beginning.

Also, how long until deadline?

Your willingness to vote for XP seems opportunistic!

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: September 17, 2014, 07:49:00 pm »

ok phone posting.  Tempted to vote for XP. I haven't seen too much of the rest of the case, but the one vote on Hydra just looked really opportunistic. I remember that from the beginning.

This is a joke right?
Because I mentioned my read on him and his vote way, way back in this thread--multiple times. Whatever, you do want to lynch someone today right?
We had more time left than I thought, so that's something, but I feel like my intent to vote is in the right place right now.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: September 17, 2014, 08:12:47 pm »

This is a joke right?
Because I mentioned my read on him and his vote way, way back in this thread--multiple times. Whatever, you do want to lynch someone today right?

Mmm, you do mention that he's scummy, but then he's absent from your lynchpool, and later you mention that he's townier and probably didn't read him correctly the first time around. Then you state your willingness to vote for him because reasons you had indeed already stated.

I agree with the need to lynch someone, though.

We had more time left than I thought, so that's something

40 hours.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: September 17, 2014, 08:57:05 pm »

pacovf, what do you think about lynching pacovf?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: September 17, 2014, 09:02:06 pm »

I actually laughed out loud when I read this.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: September 17, 2014, 09:30:23 pm »

I'm pretty sure there's only one right answer to this question.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: September 18, 2014, 03:53:48 am »

Right now? Worst possible lynch, second only to WW.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: September 18, 2014, 09:17:54 am »

I think I am getting a townier feel from Ichi. I don't think scum opens the possibility of a mislynch, then some time later closes that option for no apparent reason. Of course, there's also the possibility that they're scumpartners, Ichi tried some distancing, but gave up his read to avoid the bus, but now thinks that XP is going down and he might as well get the towncred. But considering that Ichi hasn't been superactive (sick), that second option seems too bold. So slight townread.

I would also say that I think it is highly unlikely that both Hydrad and XP are scum. XP jumped on Hydrad's wagon quickly, and Hydrad responded by saying how scummy his vote was and voting for him. It seems unlikely that something like that would happen if they are scumpartners.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: September 18, 2014, 09:42:52 am »

I think I am getting a townier feel from Ichi. I don't think scum opens the possibility of a mislynch, then some time later closes that option for no apparent reason. Of course, there's also the possibility that they're scumpartners, Ichi tried some distancing, but gave up his read to avoid the bus, but now thinks that XP is going down and he might as well get the towncred. But considering that Ichi hasn't been superactive (sick), that second option seems too bold. So slight townread.

I would also say that I think it is highly unlikely that both Hydrad and XP are scum. XP jumped on Hydrad's wagon quickly, and Hydrad responded by saying how scummy his vote was and voting for him. It seems unlikely that something like that would happen if they are scumpartners.

I don't agree, that scum partners can replicate that easily. 

On a similar note, I think if one of Ichi/Volt turns up scum, the other is more likely scum.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: September 18, 2014, 09:43:27 am »

okay one last reread. on IG

--

well, there was a comment about how he blends in and doesn't really do anything that sticks out, and that's basically nailing it. he's passive, but not at all lurking. he's friendly, but not overly so. one of the few things he did was having an argument with pacof, which seems sincere to me. and the thing with voltaire, because voltaire was voting without any reason and then complaining that we complain.

there are not really any posts that stand out, but I'll list a few

about his blending in:

If I am right that IG is scum for this specific reason, then there's not really a "case" to respond to, because the case is "blends in". Which explains the annoyance and harping that I have "no case" that scum has done in the past.
No you're right. If there were to be a case against me, this'd probably be it.
I mean, I was sick for a long, long time. Been around middling participation. I don't know, I've tried to comment on everything I thought was important, but I can see that I haven't exactly stood out. That's kinda my regular D1 unless someone starts a case on me and then I get to defend myself and look scummy :)

PPE: 2

about his lynch pool:
I'm sure no one is interested, but if one were to do a targeted re-read of pacovf, they would see that his posting style (that is, syntax, punctuation, etc.) has changed since I made my fully articulated case.  Less commas, longer sentences, bigger paragraphs.

Now, maybe he went from phone posting to computer posting.  Or maybe he consciously or unconsciously changed his writing style based on those cues.

I think we should lynch someone today, by the way.  No lynch at the deadline just helps no one but scum.
There's a part of me that's thinking about joining you ash. . .
For sure, no lynch today sucks. I really hope Voltaire still doesn't want to lynch me today, because that's just stupid. Despite what I said earlier, it still gives me a bad feeling about him.

Today, I think I want to lynch out of: pacovf, PPS, or Voltaire. I could do Robz or EgorK as lurker lynches, but those are probably less useful.

his read post:
Wow. That is a pretty insane D1 pool!

Bah. It's pretty late and I should go to bed. But one more post, since I got a lot of homework done and have a few minutes.

Some light reads on everyone

silverspawn: I liked that he didn't jump on the Hydrad wagon, so slight town points for that.

pacovf: Mmm. Hard to tell. Definitely been active, defending himself against a lot of strong accusation from Ash.

ashersky: daaaamn. I can never read Ash that well. I feel more town here, but I can't recall scum!ash although I'm sure I played with him.

Hydrad: I actually feel pretty townie on Hydrad. I feel like he's gotten some flack for some inconsequential stuff. I don't know, I like his participation and I don't really see the accusations about low content--I mean there will always be some empty posts from everyone.

Witherweaver: Hmm. I was his scumbud in the last game I recall with him. I really have no idea here though. I don't think he's an IC though. (So I guess I agree with ash there).

Teproc: nullish. I feel like he's been good at trying to keep things on track.

XerxesPraelor: I find his Hydrad vote very opportunnistic and mentally flagged the post at the time, planning to respond to it later.

EgorK
: What 2 posts? Null.

Robz888
: Really hard to read Robz.

Ichimaru Gin: obv town. Michigan is back!!

pingpongsam: Seems resigned to being lynched with few votes on him. Kind of scummy in that regard.

azadin: Nullish. Seems like he's paying attention, so slight town.

Voltaire: I felt very bad about scum!Voltaire in Dice Mafia. I don't really get that feeling here. Not sure if that's the best logic, but it's what I got.

and this one is kinda characteristic:

So. . .who's going down today?
We got what, 2 days left now? I'm feeling a little townier on XP, in that I'm pretty sure I was reading him incorrectly before. Still seems like a lot of people want to lynch Hydrad--I'll have to reread him for myself and see if there's anything I missed.

so, that probably looks towny all in all. but I take it that he's a fairly experienced player, so it could just be careful, solid scum play. it's pretty null. maybe he's ever so slightly on the towny side. I'd still be willing to lynch him over no-lynch, but it doesn't look like it matters anyway. definitely not a case that I want to push.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: September 18, 2014, 11:25:33 am »

Vote Count 1.7

pacovf (2): ashersky, Robz888
EgorK (2): XerxesPraelor, pingpongsam
pingpongsam (3): Teproc, Witherweaver, Voltaire
XerxesPraelor (5): Hydrad, silverspawn, azadin, pacovf, EgorK

Not Voting (1): Ichimaru Gin

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Day 1 ends on September 19 at noon. That's in about 24 hours.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: September 18, 2014, 11:26:58 am »

Vote: Pacovf

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: September 18, 2014, 11:28:08 am »

Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: September 18, 2014, 12:16:58 pm »

If you want me to react, you need to tell me why you are voting for me.

If you just want to lynch me, carry on.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: September 18, 2014, 12:27:15 pm »

Hmm. Noting that you guys both switched from PPS. Any particular reason other than his wagon seems to be stalling?

And I see I'm the only one not voting. I think it's been that way for a little while now. The discussion around me/XP and me/Voltaire is interesting. However, I am completely up for lynching either one of them (although I don't see Voltaire happening right now). I can see the argument there, and I have been known to bus as scum, but that'd completely suck if my reads on them were right and then I got killed for it. Actually, I could see this as a pretty brilliant move from scum trying to stop me from attacking their partners. Still, it could also just be people looking at what I did in Stack the Deck with WW, which was pretty similar I guess.

Anyway, I'm ready to vote, but I'm in more of a hammering mood today, so will be around to do that when needed. I still prefer XP over pacovf I think.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: September 18, 2014, 02:10:59 pm »

deadline is coming closer. not the best time for this to stall.

I'm still on XP, though I admit a lot of it is due to lack of alternatives. still, I don't think his case is that bad.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: September 18, 2014, 02:25:03 pm »

Talking about deadlines, I won't be around for long tomorrow, and not at all for the last 5 hours before the deadline itself.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: September 18, 2014, 02:38:15 pm »

I think those voting for Egork (XP and PPS) should move their votes to one of the larger wagons.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: September 18, 2014, 03:15:25 pm »

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: September 18, 2014, 03:15:44 pm »

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: September 18, 2014, 03:18:34 pm »

Also he listed himself the second-worst possible lynch after me.  Scum is much more likely to assign me uber IC status than town is, because they know I actually am town.  Teproc deserved some suspicion for this, but he's been fairly town throughout, and then way our discussion went down makes me not think it was a grasp-for-town-cred scum move by Teproc.

Second reason is just general feeling and lack of a strong scum read on anyone else.

Third reason is, I actually do trust Ash's instincts.

Fourth reason is, lots and lots of interactions.  (My least-favorite reason for lynches, but it is something.)
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 120  All

Page created in 2.119 seconds with 19 queries.