Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 120  All

Author Topic: M50: A Song Of Ice And Fire Mafia - Town Wins!  (Read 335594 times)

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
Re: M50: A Song Of Ice And Fire Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #1000 on: September 16, 2014, 02:09:32 pm »

And yes, people these days react strongly when they get wagons. Which is good, all things considered.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: September 16, 2014, 02:09:55 pm »

Well when they get voted on is what I mean.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: September 16, 2014, 02:10:58 pm »

I think silverspawn is town by the way.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: September 16, 2014, 02:11:26 pm »

This is the endless problem of your day 1 method Voltaire. PoE on day 1 is mostly arbitrary. Yes, PoE is great, because is catches scum eventually. On day 1, it's just a security blanket because you don't want to take the risk of lynching active players.

Nope, active players are usually town. My method lynches scum way more often. I ran numbers once. Traditional POE is obviously better and also obviously only possible on later days.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: September 16, 2014, 02:12:53 pm »

This is the endless problem of your day 1 method Voltaire. PoE on day 1 is mostly arbitrary. Yes, PoE is great, because is catches scum eventually. On day 1, it's just a security blanket because you don't want to take the risk of lynching active players.

Nope, active players are usually town. My method lynches scum way more often. I ran numbers once. Traditional POE is obviously better and also obviously only possible on later days.

You ran the numbers on active people vs lurkers being scum ? What sample size was that ?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: September 16, 2014, 02:15:36 pm »

Okay, XP. 22 posts, all listed below (and a few from others to provide context)

I don't see any reason not to claim houses. Scum can just switch houses to figure it out anyways, so we won't have any qt secrets for long.
But they'll still know basically who's in which house.
I am Targaryen.
The mod didn't tell us till we asked.
they are pretty much one liner "go along with majority" posts. well that's not bad, almost everyone went along. it's just what it is.

Also, IG, please don't join our house.
XP is in Targaryen together with Robz and WW. they chose not to reveal their power, but it's supposedly dangerous, so that's why IG shouldn't join. given that WW was an IC, we know for sure that the house isn't all mafia, which means that posting anything else would probably be a bad idea, which means I can't give town points for this one. it's null.

Can you tell me when he posted it? If it's shortly before or after 2:41 ET, he could have just decided he should do it for everyone.

The context here is the ash-pac case. I'm not sure exactly which post he was referring to.

I'm going to go with Ash on this.  Vote: Pacofv
Are you serious?

This is the first time he does something, which is attacking the ash post. and directly afterwards, he even votes ash because of it:

vote: ashersky

for a horrible case and provoking a situation in which his house had to give up information to everyone.
This could totally be town!XP thinking ash is making a horrible case, but it could also be scum!XP thinking, this looks stupid, I know both are town, let's attack him for it. The other options are rather unlikely: If pac and XP are a scum team, he was defending his buddy, and rather openly. but even if pac flips scum, XP probably isn't in much trouble, because there were good reasons for his defense from a town point. and if XP and ash are scum, it's a good way to make sure noone suspects the other one if one of them flips.

Robz and ww can confirm, I think.
the context is his claim of being targaryen. this is null.

I'm okay with sharing our power, just not letting anyone in or sharing our empowerment condition.
Actually, never mind. I don't think we should share unless there's an overwhelming consensus. I just realized that chances are robz is town.

what he meant was, WW is an IC, and he knows he's town, so it's likely that it's an all town house, so better don't share the power. so, town!XP does have legit reasons to keep it a secret. but at the same time, scum!XP has even more interest not to share it. as scum he and his team know it anyway, so why let town know it?

Actually, never mind. I don't think we should share unless there's an overwhelming consensus. I just realized that chances are robz is town.

There will be a role related to the setup. For all we know scum has access to your QT even if they're not in your QT right now.
Hmm. That's. in.... intriguing. Do you think it could be Ichi's role, though?
I don't have anything to say here.

Ok, so if we empower Lannister here's what we do :

- a non-WW Targaryen joins Lannister
- a Stark joins Lannister
- a Baratheon joins Lannister
- we don't want only one person in Baratheon, so Ichi can join Baratheon for example, plus maybe an original Lannister
- no one, under any circumstances, joins House Targaryen

Anyone have a problem with this ?

I thought lannister needed stark to be gone?
Here we have another one-liner, with XP supposedly messing up the seutp, and thinking Lannister needs stark to be gone, instead of vice versa.

So we'Re choosing lannister instead of stark?
Wait, do we know if the empowerment is permanent? If the empowerment condition stops being true, is the power still empowered?Also, vote: hydrad

two one liners about the seutp and a hydrad post out of nowhere. then there is over 5 pages of nothing, before hydrad responds with this:
Wait, do we know if the empowerment is permanent? If the empowerment condition stops being true, is the power still empowered?

Also, vote: hydrad

this is pretty much the post. He didn't post anything about read before or since this post.

Basically all he has done is early game discussing of the RMM for a bit. then deciding on whether or not he should reveal the tar power. then he dissapeared for a bit and posted this single post. then is gone again.

XP doesn't answer, and later posts this:

I am completely unable to keep up with this. All I can say is that Ash looks scummy and that theory talk is really boring, and not much real stuff has been going on. I feel like we can just do a random Lurker lynch. Not me, of course, though.vote: EgorK
so, this is almost begging to look scummy. he comes out of semi-lurking with a nonsensical case for hydrad, and just says "hey, let's lynch a random lurker, but don't lynch me." funny enough, people have been giving him town points for it, because it's so bold.

Then pac is making this post
7. XerxesPraelor - I see him as scummy. His vote on me had really no context. It was just a vote on me. He also hasn't posted much so people are forgetting that hes in this game which is what scum wants I think

Wait, do we know if the empowerment is permanent? If the empowerment condition stops being true, is the power still empowered?

Also, vote: hydrad

this is pretty much the post. He didn't post anything about read before or since this post.

Basically all he has done is early game discussing of the RMM for a bit. then deciding on whether or not he should reveal the tar power. then he dissapeared for a bit and posted this single post. then is gone again.

Hydrad is voting for you right now.

and XP is forced to answer and just backs off.

Let's see. I voted Hydrad just like that because I remembered having a bad feeling about Hydrad and because I agreed with the reasons some other people made a case against him with.

Looking back, it was because Hydrad wanted to keep the arsonist power a little too much. I haven't posted much because it seems like others have been figuring out the setup already.

Then there's that:
Also, I am officially disappointed that my RMM has fewer posts than this, with 4 days fewer too.

I like Azadin's plan better, but it looks like I'm too late for the discussion? Hiding a powerful PR behind a really weak one seems like the sort of thing that an interesting setup would have.

PPE: I also agree Azadin looks pretty towny to me.

PPE: Well, not many people are actoming scummy, and we don't have much time left.
which is a little bit of setup talking, and justifying his intention to just vote someone else, because there isn't much time left. well, 4 days, that's almost half of the day.

One other thing: I think that if one person becomes a consensus town read, it would be okay for Targ to accept them. Right, robz +ww?
null

I've packed these three in one:
Why specifically EgorK?

PPS would be fine too.

This is where it's at.
Again, why?

so, we have

-> a lot of lurking
-> a lot of one liners
-> a lot of setup talk
-> attacking ash/defending pac
-> making a nonsensical case for hydrad, and backing off quickly
-> trying to get another lurker to be lynched

the only thing that holds me back from having a super scum read now is that it's kind of too obvious? dunno. I don't think I'd give town points for any of his posts.

but even with that, in this game where most people look towny, this is definitely the best case yet, so I'll definitely vote:XerxesPraelor. The second best lynch is still EgorK I think, but I'd rather vote someone who has made these posts than someone who hasn't really made any posts.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: September 16, 2014, 02:19:22 pm »

Have you played with XP before silver ?

If not : you just described town!XP.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: September 16, 2014, 02:19:39 pm »

WHat do you think about PPS ?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: September 16, 2014, 02:24:16 pm »

You ran the numbers on active people vs lurkers being scum ? What sample size was that ?

Awhile ago. Five/six most recent games, at the time.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: September 16, 2014, 02:26:49 pm »

Have you played with XP before silver ?

If not : you just described town!XP.

one game is going, so I can't reference that. more no than yes.

WHat do you think about PPS ?

what I've noticed from him was, he was lurking for a while, then he appeared out of nowhere and made a case for something (not a case against a player, just a case for some argument), and then he disappeared into lurking. he doesn't seem very concerned with his survival, which is just generally weird, but it's more towny than scummy. his last post about being busy IRL read to me like, I don't care so much about this game, lynch me if you want it's no big deal.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: September 16, 2014, 02:30:23 pm »

so, we have

-> a lot of lurking
-> a lot of one liners
-> a lot of setup talk
-> attacking ash/defending pac
-> making a nonsensical case for hydrad, and backing off quickly
-> trying to get another lurker to be lynched

the only thing that holds me back from having a super scum read now is that it's kind of too obvious? dunno. I don't think I'd give town points for any of his posts.

but even with that, in this game where most people look towny, this is definitely the best case yet, so I'll definitely vote:XerxesPraelor. The second best lynch is still EgorK I think, but I'd rather vote someone who has made these posts than someone who hasn't really made any posts.

Hmm, I take issue to Hydrad's case being nonsensical. His vote for Hydrad doesn't come out of nowhere, it is in response of Azadin and I building a case against him.

I kinda don't want to lynch EgorK after his latest post. But even if he hadn't posted that, I think a non-informative lynch D1 is not the best town can do.

By the way, who are your town reads? Sorry if you've said this before, I forgot.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: September 16, 2014, 02:33:40 pm »

I'm with silver. This is a touch too arbitrary. It is good that you are thinking about the possibility of scum in your house, but taking for granted that there is is a bad way to find scum.

POE: bothering scum since forever.

Haha, +1

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: September 16, 2014, 02:40:29 pm »

Teproc, for the way he reacted to ash. I really have no idea how serious/honest ash was with his posts, it could be anything between completely serious and completely fake, but Teproc reacted really strongly to it, in a way that clearly wasn't about the game anymore. It's not impossible that scum!Teproc does this, but generally, I think it's fair to assume that scum feels more pressure, and is less willing to take part in such a discussion

actually, I'm less convinced about this now that I write it. he could probably just do this as scum too. mh.

I buy the IC thing on WW, so he's town.

ash, I first thought was town, now I'm null. I only played one game with him, and he was kind of crazy there too, but he got lynched day1 and was town. I don't really know how he plays as scum.

azadin is towny based on my reread

hydrad is towny as a gut fealing

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: September 16, 2014, 02:41:31 pm »

and silver is towny based on my pm

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: September 16, 2014, 02:42:40 pm »

unrelated, i'm just seeing that we can't nolynch

7. If the deadline is hit without a player reaching the majority of votes, one of two things will happen: If there was a lynch on the previous Day, there will be no lynch. Otherwise the player with the most votes at deadline will be lynched, with ties broken randomly

for some reason. maybe this setup allows for a stalemate. is this a hint that there can be multiple doctors?

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: September 16, 2014, 02:48:34 pm »

Teproc, for the way he reacted to ash. I really have no idea how serious/honest ash was with his posts, it could be anything between completely serious and completely fake, but Teproc reacted really strongly to it, in a way that clearly wasn't about the game anymore. It's not impossible that scum!Teproc does this, but generally, I think it's fair to assume that scum feels more pressure, and is less willing to take part in such a discussion

actually, I'm less convinced about this now that I write it. he could probably just do this as scum too. mh.

I buy the IC thing on WW, so he's town.

ash, I first thought was town, now I'm null. I only played one game with him, and he was kind of crazy there too, but he got lynched day1 and was town. I don't really know how he plays as scum.

azadin is towny based on my reread

hydrad is towny as a gut fealing

Mmm, you don't have that many town reads then. Are you sure you can't do better than XP?
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: September 16, 2014, 02:56:52 pm »

Mmm, you don't have that many town reads then. Are you sure you can't do better than XP?
no. there are 3 days left. i'm posting for the best case I have so far. i could OMGUS read you if you want.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: September 16, 2014, 03:09:14 pm »

no. there are 3 days left. i'm posting for the best case I have so far. i could OMGUS read you if you want.

Sure!

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: September 16, 2014, 05:03:49 pm »

Does anyone think that I've been very aggressive towards silverspawn? I'm biased, so I'd like an outsider's opinion.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: September 16, 2014, 05:20:28 pm »

Actually, I do have a fairly townie read on Voltaire here.

I used to.  He's whittling it away.

It's probably just my fear of being duped by him.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: September 16, 2014, 05:43:58 pm »

It's probably just my fear of being duped by him.

That's all it is.

I am quite proud of my D1 here - there is no way for the veterans who know me to find me scummy unless they themselves are scum and need to consider trying to mislynch me. Even if that happens, it's going to leave quite a trail for everyone else to follow.

And I'm a town read for most people who I'm not voting for or considering voting for anyway.

unvote

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: September 16, 2014, 07:00:29 pm »

unvote

You mentioned that your vote was a placeholder until you got your reread done. Have you finished it, or have recent events removed any suspicion of silverspawn from your mind?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: September 16, 2014, 07:18:35 pm »

unvote

You mentioned that your vote was a placeholder until you got your reread done. Have you finished it, or have recent events removed any suspicion of silverspawn from your mind?

The later.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: September 16, 2014, 07:25:16 pm »

I'm sure no one is interested, but if one were to do a targeted re-read of pacovf, they would see that his posting style (that is, syntax, punctuation, etc.) has changed since I made my fully articulated case.  Less commas, longer sentences, bigger paragraphs.

Now, maybe he went from phone posting to computer posting.  Or maybe he consciously or unconsciously changed his writing style based on those cues.

I think we should lynch someone today, by the way.  No lynch at the deadline just helps no one but scum.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: September 16, 2014, 07:30:11 pm »

I'm sure no one is interested, but if one were to do a targeted re-read of pacovf, they would see that his posting style (that is, syntax, punctuation, etc.) has changed since I made my fully articulated case.  Less commas, longer sentences, bigger paragraphs.

Now, maybe he went from phone posting to computer posting.  Or maybe he consciously or unconsciously changed his writing style based on those cues.

I think we should lynch someone today, by the way.  No lynch at the deadline just helps no one but scum.
There's a part of me that's thinking about joining you ash. . .
For sure, no lynch today sucks. I really hope Voltaire still doesn't want to lynch me today, because that's just stupid. Despite what I said earlier, it still gives me a bad feeling about him.

Today, I think I want to lynch out of: pacovf, PPS, or Voltaire. I could do Robz or EgorK as lurker lynches, but those are probably less useful.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 120  All

Page created in 2.723 seconds with 19 queries.