Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 230  All

Author Topic: Random Stuff Part II  (Read 1226812 times)

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
  • Respect: +356
    • View Profile
Re: Random Stuff Part II
« Reply #5025 on: July 23, 2015, 01:18:43 pm »

Oh, oh, and Prisoner of Azkaban, unless we're restricted to triolgies only (in which case I guess Indiana Jones doesn't work either).
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile
« Reply #5026 on: July 23, 2015, 01:21:09 pm »

I think I'm the only person on earth who likes the second book of Harry Potter.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #5027 on: July 23, 2015, 01:39:15 pm »

Definitely not. But if it's your favorite, yeah.

I was talking about the movie above by the way. Prisoner of Azkaban didn't hold up as well when I reread it (though it's miles above Chamber of Secrets still).
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: Skip Wooznum
  • he/him
  • Respect: +111
    • View Profile
« Reply #5028 on: July 23, 2015, 02:35:10 pm »

This is the 5000th reply. I wish I had something more meaningful to include here.

Didn't Random Stuff II branch off from the original Random Stuff at around this size?

Do we really need a trilogy?

We all know how the third movie of a trilogy works out...
Retun of the Jedi; The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.

One of those is not an example of a third movie working out well. Return of the King is the movie yuo're looking for.

Also, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Back to the Future III.
what's wrong with return of the jedi?

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #5029 on: July 23, 2015, 04:40:43 pm »
+1

I'll get back to you on that in a few days, last time I watched it was 10 years ago. I remember not liking it, I think it was just too... light. It's basically a giant happy ending which was very disappointing to me after how dark Empire Strikes Back was. Not that dark = better, but in that case I think it all feels too easy.

Also, ewoks.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3235
    • View Profile
« Reply #5030 on: July 23, 2015, 06:21:27 pm »

I think it's fantastic. probably my favorite from the first three?

the movie was pretty bad though.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5031 on: July 23, 2015, 11:44:30 pm »
+1

I had a friend who was afk for awhile. When she came back and I asked why she was gone, she said that she was 'talking with her fam'. When she asked me what I did while she was away, I promptly told her that I was 'listening to the mus', and patted myself on the back for the amazing pun.

I now know what hell looks like.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2221
    • View Profile
« Reply #5032 on: July 24, 2015, 08:54:58 am »
+4

what's wrong with return of the jedi?

Two burp jokes, an anachronistic Tarzan joke, a hare-brained scheme to rescue Han that could only work through dumb luck (which of course it did), a lame ending to the supposedly badass Boba Fett, and the Stormtroopers being shredded by Ewoks Home-Alone style.

That's not to say that Return of the Jedi is a bad movie. Jabba's palace was really beautifully crafted, and there are some good tender moments throughout the film. But those elements kept it from being a great movie. Episodes 4 and 5 had great buildup and stayed true to the atmosphere. Episode 6 shattered that atmosphere. I suppose on a bright note, it paved the way for Episodes 1 through 3, for what that's worth.
A man has no signature

pubby

• Minion
  • Respect: +1046
    • View Profile
« Reply #5033 on: July 24, 2015, 01:49:13 pm »

Army of Darkness is pretty good

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #5034 on: July 26, 2015, 03:20:09 am »

So I got to this SMBC comic and it doesn't have a votey.  Nor do the ones that come after, as far as I was willing to check... is it still being updated?  I was under the impression that Zach had caught up already.
Yeah I noticed that the voteys stopped at some point when reading some comics at random. It seems he began filling up the voteys from the start onward rather than backwards form date. I don't know if he'll continue to fill up the voteys.

It seems he's still filling them up.  The one I mentioned now has a votey, and it stops again a few comics after that.  So he's doing maybe one a day.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #5035 on: July 26, 2015, 09:45:52 am »

So I got to this SMBC comic and it doesn't have a votey.  Nor do the ones that come after, as far as I was willing to check... is it still being updated?  I was under the impression that Zach had caught up already.
Yeah I noticed that the voteys stopped at some point when reading some comics at random. It seems he began filling up the voteys from the start onward rather than backwards form date. I don't know if he'll continue to fill up the voteys.

It seems he's still filling them up.  The one I mentioned now has a votey, and it stops again a few comics after that.  So he's doing maybe one a day.
I always seem to tune in to this thread right when SMBC is mentioned again.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5036 on: July 26, 2015, 06:05:53 pm »
+2

It's a slippery slope to becoming a drug lord...

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5037 on: July 27, 2015, 08:31:48 am »

Is that the episode where Hal plumps up Lois for his own sexual desires?

That show was so warped. Maybe it went on a tad bit longer than it should have, but it was mostly genius. And he'll always be Hal to me, though he really showed off his range with Heisenberg.

A man has no signature

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #5038 on: July 27, 2015, 11:15:27 am »

That show was so warped. Maybe it went on a tad bit longer than it should have, but it was mostly genius. And he'll always be Hal to me, though he really showed off his range with Heisenberg.

He'll always be that guy who featured heavily in the Godzilla trailer then died 3 minutes into the film.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5039 on: July 28, 2015, 10:20:06 am »

I'm so sad. I failed at my first attempt at Escape Room (http://www.escaperoomkc.com/).

I could blame this on being on a team with nonpuzzlers, but everything was theoretically solvable by me, so I can't really blame them. I overlooked a couple of things. There was an equation where I should have mixed the units. There was also a substitution that would have been so easy to figure out if only I spent enough time in one area to see the clue written on the wall. Instead, I relied on other people being there, and they didn't mention the clue. They probably didn't realize it was a clue. Would I have realized it if I saw it? I'd like to think so, but I'm speaking entirely in hindsight. That's my second error.

I will take solace in knowing that I faced the most difficult room. The owner said that only 4% of teams have successfully solved it. I was hoping to be in that 4% but sad trombone. It was tricky, though. I counted no fewer than five combination locks requiring anywhere from three to five digits, one lock even within another lock! There were also red herrings. We had a lot of numbers thrown at us and had to figure out which numbers were relevant. I would concur that this is indeed a difficult room, and I kind of want to get a group of my friends together and send them through it. I obviously cannot participate now, but I would like to watch them work it out.

Oh, and I shouldn't mention that I had to do this challenge in handcuffs. We did find the key (after using our hint) after 40 minutes or so.

I feel I must redeem myself by signing up for one of the easier rooms. My coworkers were able to solve those. It was my room that was such a bitch.
A man has no signature

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5040 on: July 29, 2015, 04:10:46 pm »

I am not sure, but that sounds about right.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5041 on: July 29, 2015, 05:20:31 pm »

When your bank offers you a pre-approved line of credit, is there any reason to refuse?  I don't need the credit now, but I am told that it will be a hassle if I wait until I do and it doesn't hurt me to get it now.  Anything I should be wary of?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7868
    • View Profile
« Reply #5042 on: July 29, 2015, 06:44:04 pm »
+2

This is the 5000th reply. I wish I had something more meaningful to include here.

Didn't Random Stuff II branch off from the original Random Stuff at around this size?

The Empire Strikes Back was the best movie of the trilogy {Revenge of the Sith, A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back}.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #5043 on: July 29, 2015, 07:59:08 pm »

The Empire Strikes Back was the best movie of the trilogy {Revenge of the Sith, A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back}.
I thought this was an incorrect usage, so I looked it up, and it's not. You learn something new every day.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
  • Respect: +1097
    • View Profile
« Reply #5044 on: July 29, 2015, 09:28:19 pm »
+2

When your bank offers you a pre-approved line of credit, is there any reason to refuse?  I don't need the credit now, but I am told that it will be a hassle if I wait until I do and it doesn't hurt me to get it now.  Anything I should be wary of?

Fees mostly? It's plausible that they'd approve you because it sounds like you're already a customer, so they know you, so it's not like you're a stranger off the street they're shouting "pre-approved" at.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9415
    • View Profile
« Reply #5045 on: July 30, 2015, 10:43:15 am »
+1

Possibly a minor ding on your credit score, possibly hidden fees, but not much else.  If you don't have credit cards with a high limit for emergencies, it could be useful to draw on if you have a sudden 5k expense.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #5046 on: July 30, 2015, 12:22:53 pm »
+1

I did this back when I needed a loan for a car. during the auto loan creation we also setup this credit line. I've never used it and don't even remember the credit amount but I remember it being sufficient to do a major car repair or significant home renovation project and went for it since there are no fees and it saves me the hassle should I need it in an emergency or something.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3839
    • View Profile
« Reply #5047 on: July 30, 2015, 10:14:53 pm »

Things that make me regret a high-cholesterol diet: learning two weeks before an intercontinental flight that you need a visa to transit through the USA.

Fortunately I am a citizen of a Visa Waiver Program designated country, so I can ask for a travel authorization online, without interviews in the local consulate. Hopefully it will be approved before then...

EDIT: it appears that an ESTA application can be approved pretty much instantly for transits, so I should be good to go. Problem solved in a couple of hours, phew! You can all start breathing again.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 12:48:12 am by pacovf »
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #5048 on: July 31, 2015, 11:43:42 am »

Is there a thread where people post riddles? Not dominion riddles, just regular riddles.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5049 on: July 31, 2015, 11:46:50 am »

Is there a thread where people post riddles? Not dominion riddles, just regular riddles.

Create one!
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 230  All

Page created in 1.764 seconds with 22 queries.