Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 230  All

Author Topic: Random Stuff Part II  (Read 1226296 times)

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6125
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
Re: Random Stuff Part II
« Reply #4625 on: June 17, 2015, 02:38:51 pm »
+6

I think it is a perfect encapsulation of The Toxoplasma of Rage:

“YOU KNOW WHAT NOBODY HATES EACH OTHER ABOUT YET? THE HUGOS.”

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2221
    • View Profile
« Reply #4626 on: June 17, 2015, 02:52:59 pm »

Look – just Google science fiction. You’ll find it doesn’t really resemble what you think it is.

This is my favorite dismissive line.

That article was a hoot to read.
A man has no signature

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9415
    • View Profile
« Reply #4627 on: June 17, 2015, 03:00:09 pm »

So I saw this article pop up on Facebook news feed and only briefly scanned:

http://fantasy-faction.com/2015/breakfast-of-bullshit-futurephobia-the-hugos-and-the-invention-of-sfs-past?utm_content=buffer5786f&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

It sounds like there are people that think SciFi isn't about  political/social/etc. issues.  Does anyone know anything about this or the "Hugo Controversy"?

As a frequenter of fan-run coins planning to go to WorldCon this year, I've been following quite closely.

As Voltaire noted, even a vague summary is so RSP that it's ridiculous.

I don't understand what this is.

Fan-run coins are gatherings of numismatics enthusiasts.

Bloody fucking autocorrect.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4628 on: June 17, 2015, 04:10:03 pm »
+1

Yes!

My department is booking a team-building exercise at Escape Room (http://www.escaperoomkc.com). There's been a lot of buzz about this since it opened, but I wanted to wait to see if our team could go. Luckily, we're there.

I'm doing the prison break. No black holes for me, but now that I know which scenarios are which, I'll have to do the other two later.
A man has no signature

ashersky

• Mountebank
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1520
    • View Profile
« Reply #4629 on: June 17, 2015, 05:50:49 pm »

It all comes down to what you expect from Sci-Fi. And whether you think a story about Cowboys in space can be any good.

Firefly would like to have a word with you.

That word would be "overrated."
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile
« Reply #4630 on: June 17, 2015, 05:51:32 pm »

It all comes down to what you expect from Sci-Fi. And whether you think a story about Cowboys in space can be any good.

Displeased Seprix is displeased.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12870
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #4631 on: June 17, 2015, 05:55:22 pm »

The tank?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4632 on: June 17, 2015, 05:56:40 pm »
+2

In other news, I might change my username to Seprix..,,. The confusion would be hilarious. Everyone would feel awkward reading and addressing me, saying, "Seprix..,,, why don't you change your username back?"
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4633 on: June 17, 2015, 05:58:15 pm »

The tank?

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6125
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #4634 on: June 17, 2015, 06:28:22 pm »
+2

Yes!

My department is booking a team-building exercise at Escape Room (http://www.escaperoomkc.com). There's been a lot of buzz about this since it opened, but I wanted to wait to see if our team could go. Luckily, we're there.

I'm doing the prison break. No black holes for me, but now that I know which scenarios are which, I'll have to do the other two later.
I just did this (the NYC version) as a work event and am going again this weekend for my wife's birthday. 

We lost, by the way.  The absolute nadir of the whole experience was a group of grown, mature attorneys, barred and licensed by the State of New York, telling knock-knock jokes to an inanimate refrigerator door.

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
  • Respect: +1021
    • View Profile
« Reply #4635 on: June 17, 2015, 06:47:03 pm »
+1

#slatepitch

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3839
    • View Profile
« Reply #4636 on: June 17, 2015, 07:40:34 pm »
+2

This thing. Simply perfect.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

ConMan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1706
    • View Profile
« Reply #4637 on: June 17, 2015, 08:49:17 pm »

Yes!

I just did this (the NYC version) as a work event and am going again this weekend for my wife's birthday. 

We lost, by the way.  The absolute nadir of the whole experience was a group of grown, mature attorneys, barred and licensed by the State of New York, telling knock-knock jokes to an inanimate refrigerator door.
I did one in Kuala Lumpur with my fiancée when we visited there last year. Now someone's running a Kickstarter to open one up here (in Canberra), which I'm excited for.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9415
    • View Profile
« Reply #4638 on: June 17, 2015, 10:17:48 pm »
+1

Yes!

Isn't that badgering the witness?
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4639 on: June 17, 2015, 10:18:57 pm »

Isn't that badgering the witness?

« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 10:22:16 pm by Seprix »

Elanchana

• Minion
  • Princess of Derpminion
  • Respect: +1013
    • View Profile
« Reply #4640 on: June 18, 2015, 01:54:24 am »

Being sick SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS. I've been on vocal rest for the past few days and I haven't even gone outside since Sunday. I've also had to miss the first ever staging rehearsal of my opera scenes so I have to do a ton of catching up and fast learning and crap. GUH.

In other news, I got a new amp
Sure it's just a game. The same way that your best friend in the whole world is "just a friend".

TwitchYouTubeMusic

!!CHANGED MY USERNAME ON 2.0!!

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: Skip Wooznum
  • he/him
  • Respect: +111
    • View Profile
« Reply #4641 on: June 18, 2015, 03:20:39 am »
+2

If ive calculated correctly, this post should secure me my third star. I'm ecstatic

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4642 on: June 18, 2015, 08:01:08 am »

Being sick SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS. I've been on vocal rest for the past few days and I haven't even gone outside since Sunday. I've also had to miss the first ever staging rehearsal of my opera scenes so I have to do a ton of catching up and fast learning and crap. GUH.

I hear you. I was pretty much sleeping all the time from last Wednesday evening to Sunday. I'm able to come back to work, but I am still puny.

Fortunately I'm not in any shows right now to be interrupted. I had considered auditioning for Seussical the Musical, but I wisely chose not to. Last weekend would have been closing weekend for that show. I can only imagine how miserable I'd have been.
A man has no signature

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2708
    • View Profile
« Reply #4643 on: June 18, 2015, 11:54:15 am »

My friend got appendicitis a week before tech week once...
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4644 on: June 18, 2015, 12:16:58 pm »

I was in a show of Once Upon a Mattress where the Minstrel (a pretty prominent role) had an inner ear infection that caused him to collapse and hit his head. This was 3 days before opening night. Rather than canceling the show, our director talked the musical director into filling in. He knew all the songs already. We had to be very liberal with him when it came to lines and choreography, though.

Fortunately, the real Minstrel was able to make it for the second weekend. Kudos to the orchestra for being able to make their own way without the music director conducting.
A man has no signature

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
  • Respect: +1021
    • View Profile
« Reply #4645 on: June 18, 2015, 01:49:04 pm »

I was in a show of Once Upon a Mattress where the Minstrel (a pretty prominent role) had an inner ear infection that caused him to collapse and hit his head. This was 3 days before opening night. Rather than canceling the show, our director talked the musical director into filling in. He knew all the songs already. We had to be very liberal with him when it came to lines and choreography, though.

Fortunately, the real Minstrel was able to make it for the second weekend. Kudos to the orchestra for being able to make their own way without the music director conducting.

My class did this show in 6th grade. Fun times!

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
  • Respect: +356
    • View Profile
« Reply #4646 on: June 18, 2015, 02:26:28 pm »

If ive calculated correctly, this post should secure me my third star. I'm ecstatic

Did you discard your deck to celebrate ?
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #4647 on: June 18, 2015, 08:23:20 pm »
+4

I love the psychology at play in this ad:

"The only card that lets you earn cash back twice on every purchase with 1% when you buy and 1% as you pay."

I assume they must have discovered that people feel like 1+1 is greater than 2.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3235
    • View Profile
« Reply #4648 on: June 18, 2015, 08:36:39 pm »

so it's 2%?

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4649 on: June 18, 2015, 08:40:21 pm »
+1

Actually, it might be a bit less than 2%. You get your 1% of the cost subtracted from the total, then you get 1% of that taken away. It might not be that way, but knowing companies, it very well could be.
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 230  All

Page created in 2.559 seconds with 21 queries.