Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 230  All

Author Topic: Random Stuff Part II  (Read 1226246 times)

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9414
    • View Profile
Re: Random Stuff Part II
« Reply #3750 on: April 18, 2015, 05:22:59 pm »

not sure if the video was supposed to be relevant for something, but that's equestria girls, which is terrible.

Equestria Girls really, truly is awful.  I cringe every time my girls want to watch it.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile
« Reply #3751 on: April 18, 2015, 05:35:45 pm »

not sure if the video was supposed to be relevant for something, but that's equestria girls, which is terrible.

But I thought friendship was magic.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2856
    • View Profile
« Reply #3752 on: April 18, 2015, 05:38:09 pm »

Yeah, Equestria Girls is really not that good.

That being said, I do genuinely like some of the songs from Rainbow Rocks, even though I really shouldn't (many of them are pop songs, and only okay ones at best.) Under Our Spell + Shine Like Rainbows are still stuck in my head. And there are some good scenes from it, the Sunset Shimmer redemption arc saves the 2nd movie for me. Overall, the movies have bad pacing and silly plots. Whereas in the original show, most villains have good plans, and lose because they underestimate the threat level of the good guys.

is a better representation of what the show can get away with. It definitely doesn't do stuff like that all the time, but it's great to have the potential for it.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3235
    • View Profile
« Reply #3753 on: April 18, 2015, 05:41:16 pm »

I think Rainbow Rocks is better/less bad than the original movie, but I can't get over humanized ponies either way.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3754 on: April 18, 2015, 05:46:27 pm »

I think Rainbow Rocks is better/less bad than the original movie, but I can't get over humanized ponies either way.

y u no liek anthromorphic Equus Caballus?
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Titandrake

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #3755 on: April 18, 2015, 05:50:10 pm »

It used to bother me, now it doesn't, but it still has the blatant let's-release-a-new-toy-line hanging over it.

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3349
    • View Profile
« Reply #3756 on: April 18, 2015, 06:39:42 pm »

I'm going to get this over with.

I'm 19 today.

Good, now get back to Ace Attorney. ;)

I've been playing through the Ace Attorney games recently (well, Ace Attorney Trilogy). I'm currently nearing the end of the second one, Justice For All. It's been good fun. Still haven't come across the infamous Godot though.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3757 on: April 18, 2015, 06:45:17 pm »

I'm going to get this over with.

I'm 19 today.

I've been playing through the Ace Attorney games recently (well, Ace Attorney Trilogy). I'm currently nearing the end of the second one, Justice For All. It's been good fun. Still haven't come across the infamous Godot though.

He's in the third one. I'm playing that one now.

And I met someone more weird than that fabulous magician guy in this game. No, seriously.

I think the game devs have a little too much fun with their characters.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3839
    • View Profile
« Reply #3758 on: April 18, 2015, 06:51:54 pm »
+3

Still haven't come across the infamous Godot though.

By the end of the story he still hasn't showed up. I thing you're supposed to find some deep meaning in it.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #3759 on: April 18, 2015, 06:55:19 pm »

This isn't an image of a lizard.  Look carefully.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
  • Respect: +1980
    • View Profile
« Reply #3760 on: April 18, 2015, 07:41:56 pm »
+7

Some people have the weirdest fetishes.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3761 on: April 18, 2015, 09:04:49 pm »
+1

Has anybody heard of Millenium Blades?  It's a meta board game, in that it's a board game about playing a (fictional) CCG game.  I never really got invested in any CCGs so this game doesn't interest me much, but I think the premise is amusing.

From what I gather, you have multiple rounds of two phases, Deckbuilding and Tournaments.  The deckbuilding phase is the more meta of the two phases; you buy, sell, trade and collect cards and build your competitive deck.  In the tournament phase, you actually play your deck against the other players.  But winning tournaments doesn't necessarily win you the game.  You can also earn points just by having a big collection or making a profit on the aftermarket.  You can even earn points by making friends with other players in the hobby.

Anyway, I'm not backing the game (haven't even read the rulebook), but I imagine that many of you may love this game just from the nostalgia factor from that feeling of being part of a CCG community.

Titandrake

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #3762 on: April 19, 2015, 12:48:45 am »

Has anybody heard of Millenium Blades?  It's a meta board game, in that it's a board game about playing a (fictional) CCG game.  I never really got invested in any CCGs so this game doesn't interest me much, but I think the premise is amusing.

From what I gather, you have multiple rounds of two phases, Deckbuilding and Tournaments.  The deckbuilding phase is the more meta of the two phases; you buy, sell, trade and collect cards and build your competitive deck.  In the tournament phase, you actually play your deck against the other players.  But winning tournaments doesn't necessarily win you the game.  You can also earn points just by having a big collection or making a profit on the aftermarket.  You can even earn points by making friends with other players in the hobby.

Anyway, I'm not backing the game (haven't even read the rulebook), but I imagine that many of you may love this game just from the nostalgia factor from that feeling of being part of a CCG community.

This sounds pretty cool, but I need a reason why I should play this game, instead of actually being a player in another CCG. I suppose cost is a big one...

One of the big parts of CCGs is that you can speculate / theorycraft with other people online. I suppose you can do the same for this game, but you're one level removed from the theorycrafting because you're talking about the game that contains the other game (talking about how to play in the deckbuilding phase, rather than the tournament phase.) I don't know how well that would translate, but call me intrigued.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3763 on: April 19, 2015, 01:03:32 am »

This sounds pretty cool, but I need a reason why I should play this game, instead of actually being a player in another CCG. I suppose cost is a big one...

One of the big parts of CCGs is that you can speculate / theorycraft with other people online. I suppose you can do the same for this game, but you're one level removed from the theorycrafting because you're talking about the game that contains the other game (talking about how to play in the deckbuilding phase, rather than the tournament phase.) I don't know how well that would translate, but call me intrigued.

The in-game CCG also has a bunch of included "expansion sets" with different (and ridiculous) themes and effects.  As I understand it, not every set is used in every game.  My guess (without reading the rule books) is that a new expansion is "released" at the start of each deckbuilding phase.  The theorycrafting is actually part of the game; during the deckbuilding phase you would have to figure out what to do with the cards available to you in order to build your deck for the tournament phase.

I think the idea is that, if you don't have the time or money to participate in the CCG hobby (long and intense theorycrafting, building huge collections, going to tournaments), you can get a similar, condensed experience with this game.  Also, it looks like a tongue-in-cheek parody what with expansion sets such as "Super Plumber Bros", "Legend of Tanananah" and "Fantasy Finale MCLXVII-2".

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2221
    • View Profile
« Reply #3764 on: April 19, 2015, 03:12:08 am »
+1

Mwahaha. Another party down, another unsuspecting fool who can no longer say he's never seen Shock Treatment.
A man has no signature

ConMan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1706
    • View Profile
« Reply #3765 on: April 19, 2015, 08:15:57 am »

I look forward to downloading the trilogy soon, once I get through a few other games on my shelf. The third game was never released here, so I really have been waiting for Godot all this time. (I've played 4 & 5, and I need to play the 6th Professor Layton game before moving on to the crossover too.)

enfynet

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1162
    • View Profile
    • JD's Custom Clubs
« Reply #3766 on: April 19, 2015, 10:27:42 am »

Mwahaha. Another party down, another unsuspecting fool who can no longer say he's never seen Shock Treatment.
I can't tell if this is worse than tricking people into watching The Room
"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious."

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +856
    • View Profile
« Reply #3767 on: April 19, 2015, 10:51:47 am »
+3

Some people have the weirdest fetishes.

I didn't have this one, until now.
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3768 on: April 19, 2015, 02:16:41 pm »

I got a quick question about how to use the ' symbol properly in English grammar. If something belongs to someone, do I say, e.g, "Donald's game," "Donalds game," or is both correct? Also, if the name ends with an s, is it "Hans property," "Hans' property," or "Hans's property?"

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12870
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #3769 on: April 19, 2015, 02:27:41 pm »
+2

I got a quick question about how to use the ' symbol properly in English grammar. If something belongs to someone, do I say, e.g, "Donald's game," "Donalds game," or is both correct? Also, if the name ends with an s, is it "Hans property," "Hans' property," or "Hans's property?"

Donald's game is right, Donalds game isn't. If the name ends with an s, it's generally Hans's property, but for some names (such as Jesus and other old names), it's Hans' property.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3770 on: April 19, 2015, 02:38:45 pm »

thanks

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3771 on: April 19, 2015, 03:45:49 pm »
+1

Donald's game is right, Donalds game isn't. If the name ends with an s, it's generally Hans's property, but for some names (such as Jesus and other old names), it's Hans' property.

Note that the case of apostrophes after old names is somewhat deprecated, so using "Jesus's property" is also fine.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3772 on: April 19, 2015, 08:12:38 pm »
+2

I prefer to omit the s after the apostrophe if the name also ends in s, though I believe most style guides recommend that you include it.  The important thing is that you are consistent.  Either always omit it or always use it.  Also note that you don't use the apostrophe for possessive "its", e.g. "That is the monster's den" or "That is its den".

And for something completely different,

Also,

« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 08:23:00 pm by eHalcyon »

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3773 on: April 19, 2015, 09:17:29 pm »
+1

I prefer to omit the s after the apostrophe if the name also ends in s, though I believe most style guides recommend that you include it.  The important thing is that you are consistent.  Either always omit it or always use it.  Also note that you don't use the apostrophe for possessive "its", e.g. "That is the monster's den" or "That is its den".

And for something completely different,

After the first few seconds, even though I knew what was going on, I couldn't stop watching.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3774 on: April 19, 2015, 09:53:52 pm »

There's also a part 2:

There are a couple repeats in there though.
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 230  All

Page created in 2.325 seconds with 21 queries.