Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 230  All

Author Topic: Random Stuff Part II  (Read 1226636 times)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3235
    • View Profile
Re: Random Stuff Part II
« Reply #3450 on: March 19, 2015, 02:31:47 am »
+1

I just rewatched all Harry Potter movies - is it just me, or is the first movie really bad with horrible acting and stupid dialogue, the second one slightly less bad with slightly less horrible acting and slightly less stupid dialogue, the third one fantastic, the fourth one tasteless and borderline offensive, the fifth one alright-ish but kind of forgettable, the sixth one alright, the seventh one pretty good and the eight one sorta fun but completely nonsensical/arbitrary due to the complete lack of exposition despite plenty of run time?

honestly, the third one is so much better than any other one, it's crazy. I can't be the only one to think that.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #3451 on: March 19, 2015, 02:59:32 am »
+2

What did you find offensive about GoF?

I think this has come up before on f.ds with many disagreements.  My take on the movies is that they are all mediocre compared to the books, which is often the case for movie adaptations.  I watched each of them once just to have watched them and was never really impressed.  I remember finding GoF especially disappointing because it was my favourite book of the series, and there were various deviations from the source that I did not like (though I understand that they had to make changes to accommodate screen time).  While watching the films, I often had the feeling that the plot and pacing would have been extremely confusing had I not been familiar with the story already.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
  • Respect: +356
    • View Profile
« Reply #3452 on: March 19, 2015, 04:51:33 am »

I just rewatched all Harry Potter movies - is it just me, or is the first movie really bad with horrible acting and stupid dialogue, the second one slightly less bad with slightly less horrible acting and slightly less stupid dialogue, the third one fantastic, the fourth one tasteless and borderline offensive, the fifth one alright-ish but kind of forgettable, the sixth one alright, the seventh one pretty good and the eight one sorta fun but completely nonsensical/arbitrary due to the complete lack of exposition despite plenty of run time?

honestly, the third one is so much better than any other one, it's crazy. I can't be the only one to think that.

I posted on this somewhat recently in the movies tread. I agree with most of what you said here, except that I find the fourth to be almost at the level of the third one, I'm curious what you find offensive about it.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12870
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #3453 on: March 19, 2015, 07:12:00 am »
+2

In short, the "drop" is a moment in a music track where the music crescendos to a high point before pausing suddenly and briefly, after which the music resumes.

Actually, that is an entire sequence of a buildup, a break, and a drop. The drop is just the part where the music resumes.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7868
    • View Profile
« Reply #3454 on: March 19, 2015, 08:52:47 am »

The third one was great.  Alfonso Cauron directed it.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9415
    • View Profile
« Reply #3455 on: March 19, 2015, 09:19:55 am »

I
The seventh one consisted of a small amount of exposition and like seven hours of camping in the woods doing nothing.  It's mostly skippable.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile
« Reply #3456 on: March 19, 2015, 09:33:50 am »

Why does everyone hate the second book of Harry Potter? That's like my favorite one.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
  • Respect: +3360
    • View Profile
« Reply #3457 on: March 19, 2015, 10:00:59 am »
+1

I dont hate it!

Although I have never read any of them, I gave up on childrens books ages ago
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
  • Respect: +867
    • View Profile
« Reply #3458 on: March 19, 2015, 10:01:52 am »
+3

Why does everyone hate the second book of Harry Potter? That's like my favorite one.
I know. They can't all be the best Harry Potter book ever!

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3459 on: March 19, 2015, 10:04:16 am »
+2

I know. They can't all be the best Harry Potter book ever!

Uh OH! Eeve's back....hide your valuables and your women! on second thought, probably just need to hide the valuables

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #3460 on: March 19, 2015, 10:04:48 am »

The first movie was good enough to make me read the books. The books are unsurprisingly better than the movies. If it weren't for RiffTrax, it's unlikely that I would have watched the rest of them.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3461 on: March 19, 2015, 10:12:14 am »
+4

I dont hate it!

They were too tough?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3462 on: March 19, 2015, 10:30:29 am »
+6

This belongs here

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3463 on: March 19, 2015, 10:40:44 am »
+1

I dont hate it!

They were too tough?

Of course not, my mum would have explained all the big words.

No pictures though, thats the problem

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3464 on: March 19, 2015, 11:36:58 am »

In short, the "drop" is a moment in a music track where the music crescendos to a high point before pausing suddenly and briefly, after which the music resumes.

Actually, that is an entire sequence of a buildup, a break, and a drop. The drop is just the part where the music resumes.

Wikipedia says it includes the build to the climax. I don't know.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #3465 on: March 19, 2015, 11:48:35 am »
+2

No, it says it follows the build to the climax. It mentions Scary Monsters And Nice Sprites by Skrillex as an example, and says that the drop begins at 0:41 (which is correct). The buildup begins at 0:27 and the break begins at 0:39. (It's worth noting, though, that this is a dubstep song, not a big room song, and thus, the drop isn't particularly uncreative or annoying).
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 11:52:48 am by Awaclus »
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9415
    • View Profile
« Reply #3466 on: March 19, 2015, 11:49:12 am »
+2

I dont hate it!

They were too tough?

Of course not, my mum would have explained all the big words.

No pictures though, thats the problem

There most certainly were pictures.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3467 on: March 19, 2015, 12:06:03 pm »

enfynet

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1162
    • View Profile
    • JD's Custom Clubs
« Reply #3468 on: March 19, 2015, 12:06:58 pm »

Um. I'm confused how we got to a serious discussion involving dubstep. I didn't think that was possible.
"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious."

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #3469 on: March 19, 2015, 12:10:44 pm »
+1

Um. I'm confused how we got to a serious discussion involving dubstep. I didn't think that was possible.

Dubstep is great, we should have serious discussions about it more often.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3470 on: March 19, 2015, 12:23:37 pm »
+2

No, it says it follows the build to the climax. It mentions Scary Monsters And Nice Sprites by Skrillex as an example, and says that the drop begins at 0:41 (which is correct). The buildup begins at 0:27 and the break begins at 0:39. (It's worth noting, though, that this is a dubstep song, not a big room song, and thus, the drop isn't particularly uncreative or annoying).

Oh, whoops.  Guess I misread that part, my bad. (Or you edited the article to mess with me! ;))  Was the rest of my deduction correct though?  Are you trapped in an unending audio hellscape where even death cannot free your soul?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #3471 on: March 19, 2015, 12:38:50 pm »
+1

Oh, whoops.  Guess I misread that part, my bad. (Or you edited the article to mess with me! ;))  Was the rest of my deduction correct though?  Are you trapped in an unending audio hellscape where even death cannot free your soul?

Well, I got rid of it when I went to sleep last night. But other than that, it was pretty much correct.

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #3472 on: March 19, 2015, 03:44:29 pm »
+3

I'm beginning to think these guys might have a video for every situation.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3473 on: March 19, 2015, 08:23:52 pm »
+3

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3235
    • View Profile
« Reply #3474 on: March 19, 2015, 09:45:17 pm »

What did you find offensive about GoF?

mostly the way the romance was handled. I can't properly explain that, but I thought it was really tasteless. Specifically the scene in the bath with harry and Myrtle was a slap in the face.

Also - there is a lot of yelling in this movie. Like, Dumbledore is yelling 80% of his lines. why? he comes across as an angry little man in this film, rather than as wise and calm like he did in the third one
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 230  All

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 21 queries.