Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 230  All

Author Topic: Random Stuff Part II  (Read 1226167 times)

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
  • Respect: +3360
    • View Profile
Re: Random Stuff Part II
« Reply #3425 on: March 17, 2015, 05:51:16 pm »

Wow. Oasis is amazing!

Wow, have you missed out for the last 20 years....the prime components of 90's Britpop.

If you want more artists along that line let me know...
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #3426 on: March 17, 2015, 05:51:58 pm »

Just in case any Europeans have managed to go even longer than me without hearing about this, there's a solar eclipse on Friday.

Seriously, why haven't I been looking forward to this since January?

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #3427 on: March 17, 2015, 05:53:32 pm »
+1

Just in case any Northern Europeans have managed to go even longer than me without hearing about this, there's a solar eclipse on Friday.

FTFY

:(
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3428 on: March 17, 2015, 05:54:07 pm »
+1

So my girlfriend is running her fast ever half marathon next week, and asked me to create the fundraising page for her....might have been a mistake. This is what I have so far...

In the dark dark wilds of East Sussex there stood an untamed Beast. A fearsome creature that went by the name of the Hastings Half Marathon. Its back was full of ridges and impossible scaled heights, its tail a never ending ribbon of tarmac that brushed against the sea.Its mighty strength had conquered many a poor soul as they tried in vain to slay it.

The people of Hastings cried out for a hero (or Heroine, its a very PC town) and each year the masses assembled ready to do battle with this behemoth of races.Who would save these poor fisher-folk from another year of torment. As the crowds huddled together, ready for the gun to sound that would start their journey into the unknown. The clouds parted, and for one brief moment a shaft of light broke through, casting a heavenly spotlight on one of the athletes waiting their fate.

The mob parted, and there in their midst stood a vision in pink, a beauty from afar, this was no ordinary woman, this was the might Asia and she stood unbowed before the Jabberwocky of the South.She would defeat this monster, not only with speed and stamina, but also with style and she would look good doing it!

As a reward the people of the land showered her with riches, but being the giving and just person she was, she turned down their offer of fame and fortune and instead told them that the money would be spent on the poor and homeless who need it most. For that was her cause.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #3429 on: March 17, 2015, 06:01:06 pm »

Some editing for you:

In the dark, dark wilds of East Sussex there stood an untamed Beast., A a fearsome creature that went by the name of the Hastings Half Marathon. Its back was full of ridges and impossible scaled heights, its tail a never ending ribbon of tarmac that brushed against the sea.  Its mighty strength had conquered many a poor soul as they tried in vain to slay it.

The people of Hastings cried out for a hero (or Hheroine, its a very PC town) and each year the masses assembled ready to do battle with this behemoth of races.  Who would save these poor fisher-folk from another year of torment.? As the crowds huddled together, ready for the gun to sound that would start their journey into the unknown., Tthe clouds parted, and for one brief moment a shaft of light broke through, casting a heavenly spotlight on one of the athletes awaiting their fate.

The mob parted, and there in their midst stood a vision in pink, a beauty from afar,; this was no ordinary woman, this was the might Asia and she stood unbowed before the Jabberwocky of the South.  She would defeat this monster, not only with speed and stamina, but also with style and she would look good doing it!

As a reward the people of the land showered her with riches, but being the giving and just person she was, she turned down their offer of fame and fortune and instead told them that the money would be spent on the poor and homeless who need it most. For that was her cause.

Some of that may be stylistic choice on your part though.

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3430 on: March 17, 2015, 06:02:59 pm »

Some editing for you:

In the dark, dark wilds of East Sussex there stood an untamed Beast., A a fearsome creature that went by the name of the Hastings Half Marathon. Its back was full of ridges and impossible scaled heights, its tail a never ending ribbon of tarmac that brushed against the sea.  Its mighty strength had conquered many a poor soul as they tried in vain to slay it.

The people of Hastings cried out for a hero (or Hheroine, its a very PC town) and each year the masses assembled ready to do battle with this behemoth of races.  Who would save these poor fisher-folk from another year of torment.? As the crowds huddled together, ready for the gun to sound that would start their journey into the unknown., Tthe clouds parted, and for one brief moment a shaft of light broke through, casting a heavenly spotlight on one of the athletes awaiting their fate.

The mob parted, and there in their midst stood a vision in pink, a beauty from afar,; this was no ordinary woman, this was the might Asia and she stood unbowed before the Jabberwocky of the South.  She would defeat this monster, not only with speed and stamina, but also with style and she would look good doing it!

Some of that may be stylistic choice on your part though.

(Cheers. but pretty much all of it is stilistic on my part; I like like short snapy sentances on dramatics statements.]

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #3431 on: March 17, 2015, 06:04:20 pm »

Just in case any Northern Europeans have managed to go even longer than me without hearing about this, there's a solar eclipse on Friday.

FTFY

:(

I now have more reasons to wish I was in Svalbard.

ConMan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1706
    • View Profile
« Reply #3432 on: March 17, 2015, 06:37:58 pm »

Just in case any Europeans have managed to go even longer than me without hearing about this, there's a solar eclipse on Friday.

I know some people who have travelled from Australia up to Europe for the purpose of seeing the eclipse, as well as volcanos and other awesome things. I am very jealous.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12870
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #3433 on: March 17, 2015, 07:00:51 pm »
+1

Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3434 on: March 17, 2015, 07:14:00 pm »
+1

I didn't read the whole article, but they've made it clear that the previously announced new product, codenamed Spartan, is a go.

IE will exist in systems up to and including Windows 10 for "compatability purposes", but they are clearly drawing a line in the sand, to distance themselves from the IE brand.

Reading about this, I came across some pretty self-aware commercials:

pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3435 on: March 17, 2015, 07:58:50 pm »

Nintendo announces that they are working on a new gaming platform, code-named "NX".  They're also partnering with a big company to do mobile-only Nintendo titles.  Right now, the latter is more exciting to me if only for the possibility of pokemon on my phone.  There's not much info on their upcoming platform.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2015/03/17/what-is-nintendos-new-nx-platform-2/

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile
« Reply #3436 on: March 17, 2015, 08:50:21 pm »

Nintendo announces that they are working on a new gaming platform, code-named "NX".  They're also partnering with a big company to do mobile-only Nintendo titles.  Right now, the latter is more exciting to me if only for the possibility of pokemon on my phone.  There's not much info on their upcoming platform.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2015/03/17/what-is-nintendos-new-nx-platform-2/

That won't happen, dude. If Nintendo lets it's franchise games on mobile phones, it will cheapen the experience and Nintendo will essentially be shooting itself in the head financially. Everyone in Nintendo has said over and over they will not put their stuff on phones. It would be foolish. That being said, they may be developing a phone of their own, however unlikely.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3437 on: March 17, 2015, 08:56:02 pm »
+2

Wow. Oasis is amazing!

Like, the band? They're OK, I guess. I haven't heard that much of their stuff.

DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3438 on: March 17, 2015, 09:00:00 pm »

That won't happen, dude. If Nintendo lets it's franchise games on mobile phones, it will cheapen the experience and Nintendo will essentially be shooting itself in the head financially. Everyone in Nintendo has said over and over they will not put their stuff on phones. It would be foolish. That being said, they may be developing a phone of their own, however unlikely.

So what Nintendo IP do you think they are using?  Or if you just mean that they won't put out a full pokemon game on phones, well, sure.  The announcement said that the partnership is for mobile-only games, which implies that they aren't doing ports, and obviously they're not going to give up on doing their own games.  I'd rather play bigger games like that on my 3DS anyway.  But I'm excited for the potential mobile tie-ins and other games.

Here's the article focused on the mobile partnership announcement:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2015/03/17/nintendo-teams-up-with-dena-to-bring-games-to-smart-devices/

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3439 on: March 17, 2015, 11:00:55 pm »
+1

So what Nintendo IP do you think they are using?  Or if you just mean that they won't put out a full pokemon game on phones, well, sure.  The announcement said that the partnership is for mobile-only games, which implies that they aren't doing ports, and obviously they're not going to give up on doing their own games.  I'd rather play bigger games like that on my 3DS anyway.  But I'm excited for the potential mobile tie-ins and other games.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2015/03/17/nintendo-teams-up-with-dena-to-bring-games-to-smart-devices/

Prepare your body for new IPs. Is your body ready?

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3440 on: March 17, 2015, 11:25:04 pm »

I 100% agree with what this guy says.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3441 on: March 18, 2015, 12:22:35 am »

I can agree with that video too, except I am somewhat optimistic that they'll put out some things that are a bit more interesting or innovative than yet another endless runner.  But even if they only follow the usual mobile gaming archetypes, I will still be interested when they slap a Pokemon theme on top.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3442 on: March 18, 2015, 12:24:48 am »

I can agree with that video too, except I am somewhat optimistic that they'll put out some things that are a bit more interesting or innovative than yet another endless runner.  But even if they only follow the usual mobile gaming archetypes, I will still be interested when they slap a Pokemon theme on top.

Ever played Pokemon Shuffle?

http://www.metacritic.com/game/3ds/pokemon-shuffle

It's a freemium game for the 3ds. It's candy crush but worse actually, believe it or not.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 12:27:02 am by Seprix »

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3443 on: March 18, 2015, 12:49:03 am »

Ever played Pokemon Shuffle?

http://www.metacritic.com/game/3ds/pokemon-shuffle

It's a freemium game for the 3ds. It's candy crush but worse actually, believe it or not.

I know of it but I haven't played it, mainly because it's on the 3DS.  When I play on my 3DS, I want to play a full game.  But if they released it or an equivalent for mobile, I would probably be all over it!  I played Candy Crush into the 200s before getting stuck.  A pokemon theme would most likely sustain my interest for longer.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2221
    • View Profile
« Reply #3444 on: March 18, 2015, 01:31:44 pm »

Thanks, Pandora, for reminding me that Marilyn Manson sucks by playing his cover of Nightmare Before Christmas. Ugh, downvote!

Conversely, I actually enjoy the covers by Panic at the Disco and Fallout Boy.
A man has no signature

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12870
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #3445 on: March 18, 2015, 06:44:09 pm »

I have the big room drop stuck in my head. You know, the god damn drop that has to be in every big room song ever and it's the exact same drop every time. And now it's stuck in my head. :(
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2221
    • View Profile
« Reply #3446 on: March 18, 2015, 08:26:48 pm »

I have the big room drop stuck in my head. You know, the god damn drop that has to be in every big room song ever and it's the exact same drop every time. And now it's stuck in my head. :(

I see there are words there, but I'm still not certain what the meaning is.

Except that last part. You're talking about an arrow? Get to the ER, man.
A man has no signature

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7866
    • View Profile
« Reply #3447 on: March 18, 2015, 08:33:25 pm »
+1

I have no idea what any of this means.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3448 on: March 18, 2015, 08:37:48 pm »
+3

?

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3449 on: March 18, 2015, 09:25:08 pm »
+13

I have no idea what any of this means.

Awaclus says "I have the big room drop stuck in my head".  This means that Awaclus has something stuck in his head which he calls "the big room drop".  We do not yet know what this object actually is.  When he says that it is "stuck in his head", he may mean that there is a physical object embedded in his head.  However, this phrase is often used in English to describe when somebody cannot help but think about a certain concept or idea or other sort of thought.  The phrase is often used in a negative context for music, especially catchy sections of song that the speaker finds annoying.  Despite not considering it euphonious, they cannot help but dwell on it and continue to hear it replayed over and over again in their mind.  This may be a symptom of insanity.

In his next sentence Awaclus says, "You know, the god damn drop that has to be in every big room song ever and it's the exact same drop every time."  Indeed, he identifies the object stuck in his head as a song.  We can now assume that it is not a physical object embedded in his head (though this is not 100% certain; compact discs can become formidable projectile weapons in the right hands).  Let's break down the rest of this sentence.

Awaclus says "You know".  This may be an example of filler, but it is more likely that Awaclus is suggesting that you, the reader, should understand what he is talking about.  If so, the statement carries an implication that the reader also has basic background knowledge of "the big room drop".

He then clarifies that he is speaking of "the god damn drop that has to be in every big room song ever and it's the exact same drop every time".  His profanity suggests that he has negative feelings about this "drop".  The sentence then describes a "big room song", revealing that "big room" is a modifier for both "song" and "drop".  This suggests that "big room" may be a specific musical act or a broader genre of music.  The free online encyclopedia Wikipedia has an article on Big Room House (redirecting to "Electro House"), which is indeed a genre of music.

Now we just have to figure out what the "drop" is.  We know from Awaclus' statements that it is something in Big Room songs.  Moreover, it is in every Big Room song, and it is always exactly the same.  Those familiar with modern music may recognize the term, and an article about it can be found here.  In short, the "drop" is a moment in a music track where the music crescendos to a high point before pausing suddenly and briefly, after which the music resumes.

If Awaclus is specifically referring to the portion of the drop that is a silent pause, then he may be saying that he is continuously hearing silence in his mind and he finds it maddening.  Perhaps he misses the voices.

If Awaclus is referring to the entire drop, then he is experiencing a repeated loop of deafening noise and stifling silence, an unceasing phantasm of staccato volatility that threatens to overwhelm the very core of his being.  His heart beats erratically and his breath shortens as the cacophony builds to a terrible roar.  When it breaks, he feels relief at the welcome respite.  Oh sweet silence, oh muted mercy!  But the peace is only temporary, he knows it cannot last.  Yet there is hope, every time there is hope.  Perhaps this time, he thinks.  Perhaps it is finally over now; perhaps I can rest at last.  And with the hope comes tension.  He yearns for release, his only desire is to hold onto the quiet, the ephemeral.  But like yo mama at the all-you-can-eat seafood buffet, the sound and the fury returns, crashing into him, filling his mind with rancorous rhythm and baleful bass melodies like so many day-old sweet-and-sour shrimp rolls filling yo momma.  There is no joy in this aural hell.  There is no solace, no deliverance. 

There is only the drop.  There is only the drop.  There is only the drop.
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 230  All

Page created in 3.353 seconds with 21 queries.