Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 230  All

Author Topic: Random Stuff Part II  (Read 1226544 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7868
    • View Profile
Re: Random Stuff Part II
« Reply #3375 on: March 11, 2015, 09:41:44 am »

Combo breaker.

Itself a C-C-C-C-C-Combo breaker of C-C-C-C-C-Combo breaker.  Way to think big picture.

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile
« Reply #3376 on: March 11, 2015, 10:19:36 am »
+2

Back to normal now.  Apologies to anybody who was annoyed by the animated avatar!  Thanks for putting up with it for a day.

I can make you an avatar if you give me something to work with.

I don't get the joke.

Or if it's serious, I'm not sure why you are making the offer.  If I wanted a different avatar, I could make it myself.  I know my way around Photoshop!

I was not joking, I was being entirely serious, but now I am explaining my non-joke in great detail, which makes it automatically funny. This creates a paradox that only adds even more hilarity and mirth to an already above average humorous scenario. You see, it's funny because you would expect a joke to be described in length, not a non-joke, which is why it is funny, and the act of a joke within a non-joke is a recursive effect the likes of which have never been seen, thus creating a huge tension only settled by either mirth or permanent isolation in a cave in Siberia. This makes you a Hermit, which makes it funnier because this is FD.S, and my ramblings could be mistaken for a Mad Man, adding even more to this incredible jocular moment. I must be a Jester! Oh look, more joke! And I will make it funny again by doing the unexpected and not explaining the joke, even though I explained that I wouldn't explain the joke, which is why it's funny.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 10:25:12 am by Seprix »
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2221
    • View Profile
« Reply #3377 on: March 11, 2015, 10:31:13 am »

Am I probably the only person who has thought of putting mascara in my beard?

I've put mascara in my beard. It's actually quite a striking change. Well, for me it was. I have a beard that is dark on the sides but white on the chin. I call it skunk face. Nobody else does, which I guess should be soothing to my ego really.

Anyway, when doing a show, contrast is important, so a director had me apply brown mascara to my chin to make my facial hair more visible on stage. It also made me look younger. I've had to look older too, which required lightening the sides of my face.

Sadly, my badly receding hairline ruins any further illusion of looking younger. I can fix that by shaving my head if that is within the director's vision.

If I ever want to try to pass for 30 in a bar, I suppose I shave everything but a goatee and darken that. Should work.
A man has no signature

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3378 on: March 11, 2015, 11:56:36 am »
+2

I can appreciate that a newer version of Office now offers you Save and Don't Save when you're closing a document with unsaved changes, but I am still used to pressing Y. At the very least, couldn't they have changed it to Yes, Save? At least pressing N still works.

It's kind of aggravating watching applications drift away from keyboard navigation and being mouse only. So far, Office is doing pretty well maintaining the keyboard navigation while providing a mouse- (and tap-) friendly interface, but I run into some applications that don't even care about those of us who work faster with the keyboard. We're just an afterthought, like those horrible, horrible forms that don't have tab indexes set correctly.
A man has no signature

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #3379 on: March 11, 2015, 12:49:16 pm »

Back to normal now.  Apologies to anybody who was annoyed by the animated avatar!  Thanks for putting up with it for a day.

I can make you an avatar if you give me something to work with.

I don't get the joke.

Or if it's serious, I'm not sure why you are making the offer.  If I wanted a different avatar, I could make it myself.  I know my way around Photoshop!

I was not joking, I was being entirely serious, but now I am explaining my non-joke in great detail, which makes it automatically funny. This creates a paradox that only adds even more hilarity and mirth to an already above average humorous scenario. You see, it's funny because you would expect a joke to be described in length, not a non-joke, which is why it is funny, and the act of a joke within a non-joke is a recursive effect the likes of which have never been seen, thus creating a huge tension only settled by either mirth or permanent isolation in a cave in Siberia. This makes you a Hermit, which makes it funnier because this is FD.S, and my ramblings could be mistaken for a Mad Man, adding even more to this incredible jocular moment. I must be a Jester! Oh look, more joke! And I will make it funny again by doing the unexpected and not explaining the joke, even though I explained that I wouldn't explain the joke, which is why it's funny.

You haven't explained anything!

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3380 on: March 11, 2015, 12:50:06 pm »

I can appreciate that a newer version of Office now offers you Save and Don't Save when you're closing a document with unsaved changes, but I am still used to pressing Y. At the very least, couldn't they have changed it to Yes, Save? At least pressing N still works.

It's kind of aggravating watching applications drift away from keyboard navigation and being mouse only. So far, Office is doing pretty well maintaining the keyboard navigation while providing a mouse- (and tap-) friendly interface, but I run into some applications that don't even care about those of us who work faster with the keyboard. We're just an afterthought, like those horrible, horrible forms that don't have tab indexes set correctly.

I always just used Tab and Enter.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3381 on: March 11, 2015, 12:52:35 pm »

They're bringing back Zoombinis! Any other 90s kids with nostalgia on here?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/zoombinisgame/zoombinis

Triple post!

I remember being really stressed out with that game.  I'm not sure why, but I think it devastated me when I lost any Zoombinis on the way.

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
  • Respect: +3360
    • View Profile
« Reply #3382 on: March 11, 2015, 01:25:48 pm »

Triple post!

I remember being really stressed out with that game.  I'm not sure why, but I think it devastated me when I lost any Zoombinis on the way.

Lemmings Clone?
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
  • Respect: +1980
    • View Profile
« Reply #3383 on: March 11, 2015, 01:47:32 pm »

No, it was logic puzzles. I only remember it vaguely but it taught you things like deduction.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2708
    • View Profile
« Reply #3384 on: March 11, 2015, 02:01:51 pm »

Sometimes it was just figuring random stuff out (what type of pizza these guys wanted based on certain clues), and sometimes it was based on your character's appearance (all people with this hair go in this row, all people with this nose in this column, or things like that).  It was actually a really fun game.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3385 on: March 11, 2015, 04:21:00 pm »
+2

Opinion: Sheldon from Big Bang Theory and Moss from IT Crowd are really quite similar to each other.
Fact: I loathe Sheldon.
Fact: I dig Moss.
Error: Contradiction

Why?
A man has no signature

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2479
    • View Profile
« Reply #3386 on: March 11, 2015, 04:21:55 pm »

Resolution: You have bad opinions.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3387 on: March 11, 2015, 04:23:57 pm »

Opinion: Sheldon from Big Bang Theory and Moss from IT Crowd are really quite similar to each other.
Fact: I loathe Sheldon.
Fact: I dig Moss.
Error: Contradiction

Why?

Their hair is different.

Also,  you may be racist. 

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #3388 on: March 11, 2015, 04:35:24 pm »
+3

When they show the original graphics and the updated graphics side-by-side at 0:52 of the video, I kinda think the old graphics look better. Dunno if that's just nostalgia talking.

ashersky

• Mountebank
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1520
    • View Profile
« Reply #3389 on: March 11, 2015, 04:38:19 pm »
+1

Oh look, more joke!

F.ds distilled.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Mountebank
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1520
    • View Profile
« Reply #3390 on: March 11, 2015, 04:38:52 pm »

I've put mascara in my beard. It's actually quite a striking change. Well, for me it was. I have a beard that is dark on the sides but white on the chin. I call it skunk face. Nobody else does, which I guess should be soothing to my ego really.

Anyway, when doing a show, contrast is important, so a director had me apply brown mascara to my chin to make my facial hair more visible on stage. It also made me look younger. I've had to look older too, which required lightening the sides of my face.

Sadly, my badly receding hairline ruins any further illusion of looking younger. I can fix that by shaving my head if that is within the director's vision.

If I ever want to try to pass for 30 in a bar, I suppose I shave everything but a goatee and darken that. Should work.

Just shave the white part.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3391 on: March 12, 2015, 08:08:01 am »

Just shave the white part.

I actually did that for a production of Jekyll and Hyde. I always thought the style would look funny on me, but it got a lot of positive responses. I may do it again when my beard gets fuller. The Franz Josef style is really quite underrated.

As a bonus, I can rock facial hair without getting milk caught in my beard when I eat cereal.
A man has no signature

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
  • Respect: +674
    • View Profile
« Reply #3392 on: March 12, 2015, 10:07:48 am »

I should totally try that out!

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2984
    • View Profile
« Reply #3393 on: March 12, 2015, 11:39:16 am »

Terry Pratchett died :(

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3394 on: March 12, 2015, 11:42:01 am »

What?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12870
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #3395 on: March 12, 2015, 11:45:52 am »

Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2984
    • View Profile
« Reply #3396 on: March 12, 2015, 11:46:35 am »

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3397 on: March 12, 2015, 11:47:30 am »

I never really looked into his personal life.. I didn't even know he was sick, or that old :(

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3398 on: March 12, 2015, 12:07:58 pm »

He died at an age one year older than my mother, so still kind of youngish. Not Janis Joplin young by any stretch, no.

I have not read that many of his books, but what I've read I enjoyed.
A man has no signature

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3399 on: March 12, 2015, 12:09:13 pm »

Well I didn't mean to say that old as in he's really old, but I didn't have any idea of his age.. I had for some reason thought he was a younger generation.
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 230  All

Page created in 2.31 seconds with 22 queries.