Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 230  All

Author Topic: Random Stuff Part II  (Read 1226060 times)

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2221
    • View Profile
Re: Random Stuff Part II
« Reply #3150 on: February 19, 2015, 09:52:55 am »

Next week, I'm moving to a new cubicle, so that means it's time to clean out unnecessary shit from my current cubicle. Man, I accumulate a lot of useless shit. Well, they were useful at the time. I still have some documents from when I started 10 years ago. When I get too entrenched in a cubicle, I tend to just gather. It wouldn't take much to turn me into a hoarder, I think.
A man has no signature

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7866
    • View Profile
« Reply #3151 on: February 19, 2015, 09:56:56 am »
+1

Next week, I'm moving to a new cubicle, so that means it's time to clean out unnecessary shit from my current cubicle. Man, I accumulate a lot of useless shit. Well, they were useful at the time. I still have some documents from when I started 10 years ago. When I get too entrenched in a cubicle, I tend to just gather. It wouldn't take much to turn me into a hoarder, I think.

Maybe do it during the evening.  Going to be a little awkward if your coworkers see you pull out those shackles and nipple clamps from your file cabinet.   

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #3152 on: February 19, 2015, 10:56:24 am »

The 3D effect on the New 3DS is really amazing. But sometimes after using it for a while, my eyes will try to apply the same effect to 2D screens, resulting in slightly wavering text and such.

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile
« Reply #3153 on: February 19, 2015, 10:58:26 am »
+1

The 3D effect on the New 3DS is really amazing. But sometimes after using it for a while, my eyes will try to apply the same effect to 2D screens, resulting in slightly wavering text and such.

The "new" 3DS XL is pretty awesome. I picked it up a couple days ago, and it was worth my money to replace my old 3DS for sure! Smash Bros 4 is pretty awesome on it, as is Kingdom Hearts: DDD. Haven't tried Kid Icarus: Uprising or Mario Kart 7 on it yet, but bet they're pretty awesome.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3154 on: February 19, 2015, 11:11:01 am »

The "new" 3DS XL is pretty awesome. I picked it up a couple days ago, and it was worth my money to replace my old 3DS for sure! Smash Bros 4 is pretty awesome on it, as is Kingdom Hearts: DDD. Haven't tried Kid Icarus: Uprising or Mario Kart 7 on it yet, but bet they're pretty awesome.

I also upgraded from the original 3DS to the "New" 3DS XL, and the difference is huge. I haven't gotten Smash Bros for the 3DS since I want to keep my circle pad intact, but I do look forward to playing Kid Icarus on it. Right now I'm playing Majora's Mask.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3155 on: February 19, 2015, 11:23:52 am »

I also upgraded from the original 3DS to the "New" 3DS XL, and the difference is huge. I haven't gotten Smash Bros for the 3DS since I want to keep my circle pad intact, but I do look forward to playing Kid Icarus on it. Right now I'm playing Majora's Mask.

The Circle Pad won't break if you aren't ultra violent with it.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3156 on: February 19, 2015, 11:29:57 am »

I have heard (and believe) that it's hard not to be violent with it when playing Smash Bros. Back in college we went through a dozen GameCube controllers because their control sticks all eventually gave out while playing Smash Bros. Melee. It's a game that encourages controller abuse and I don't want to play it enough to justify that risk. I also have the WiiU version and have barely touched that.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3157 on: February 19, 2015, 11:37:26 am »
+1

I have heard (and believe) that it's hard not to be violent with it when playing Smash Bros. Back in college we went through a dozen GameCube controllers because their control sticks all eventually gave out while playing Smash Bros. Melee. It's a game that encourages controller abuse and I don't want to play it enough to justify that risk. I also have the WiiU version and have barely touched that.

Well, I'm pretty much addicted to Smash Bros, and have Melee and Brawl, so I kinda had to get SSB4. I don't have a Wii U and probably won't get one, which is sad, but I have a PS4 with Destiny so yeah.

(Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Nintendo fan, and I'd love a Wii U. But with college looming, I can't afford to sink hundreds of dollars into another gaming console right now.)

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
« Reply #3158 on: February 19, 2015, 12:39:30 pm »
+4

Yeah, but without some ultraviolence you might not play as well against your droogs.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3159 on: February 19, 2015, 12:48:01 pm »

Yeah, but without some ultraviolence you might not play as well against your droogs.

In all my years of playing Smash, I've never broken a GCN controller and I've absolutely dominated my friends.

EDIT: Okay, completely dominated was a lie. :p
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 12:49:38 pm by Seprix »

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #3160 on: February 19, 2015, 12:49:55 pm »

In all my years of playing Smash, I've never broken a GCN controller and I've absolutely dominated my friends.

Have your friends broken controllers?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3161 on: February 19, 2015, 12:50:52 pm »
+1

I played Smash Brothers once and ended up beating some woman to death with a giant porcelain penis, so controller safety is definitely a factor.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3162 on: February 19, 2015, 12:54:08 pm »
+1

I played Smash Brothers once and ended up beating some woman to death with a giant porcelain penis, so controller safety is definitely a factor.

Remind me to never play at your house.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3163 on: February 19, 2015, 12:56:22 pm »

Have your friends broken controllers?

The only controllers that have ever broken in my house was a Mad Catz, which was broken after one day of use (we didn't even have Smash Bros. Mat Catz things are just broken pieces of crap anyways), and the second controller broke, which was when we were playing Smash, but it was a cheap Chinese knockoff (and I think it broke because my bro was storing it in his backpack, where it got really jostled). All of the official Nintendo controllers have been perfect.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3164 on: February 19, 2015, 01:20:15 pm »

I'm just saying, escalation is a thing.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3165 on: February 19, 2015, 01:24:27 pm »

The real question is why you have a white vitrified translucent ceramic object shaped like a phallus lying around your house.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 01:27:59 pm by Seprix »

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3166 on: February 19, 2015, 01:35:24 pm »

I never said it was my house.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3167 on: February 19, 2015, 01:41:37 pm »
+1

The real question is why you have a white vitrified translucent ceramic object shaped like a phallus lying around your house.

It keeps the cats entertained.
A man has no signature

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
« Reply #3168 on: February 19, 2015, 01:42:02 pm »

EDIT: Okay, completely dominated was a lie. :p

Come on, that reference was not even close to obscure.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3169 on: February 19, 2015, 01:44:56 pm »
+2

I tried to make it..... blunter for you, Kirian.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #3170 on: February 19, 2015, 01:48:06 pm »

Clockwork orange is 44 year old. That's twice as many years as the age of most people here.

Haha, Kirian is old.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3171 on: February 19, 2015, 01:51:03 pm »

Clockwork orange is 44 year old. That's twice as many years as the age of most people here.

Haha, Kirian is old.

I have plans on watching that movie one day. Or reading the book. Probably both.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3172 on: February 19, 2015, 03:53:42 pm »
+1

I helped!

Though my reference was not as obvious, but anyone who's seen the movie should get it.

And I do recommend that people read the book if they haven't already. It's quite the read. And I suggest doing it without a glossary. I didn't even know that some copies have a glossary. Mine did not, and I like to think that my reading experience was enhanced by my need to determine the vocabulary of Alex and his droogs without having a cheat sheet.

The movie is good to watch too. Very stylistic.  It's a tad less abhorrent than the events in the book (for example, the movie's sex scene involves girls who are not minors), but it should build up a healthy degree of disgust within you.
A man has no signature

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3173 on: February 19, 2015, 03:57:15 pm »

Oh man, I saw the movie back in high school but never read the book. It was always one of those "I should get around to reading this..."  But now I should really get around to reading it.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3174 on: February 19, 2015, 03:58:15 pm »

I helped!

Though my reference was not as obvious, but anyone who's seen the movie should get it.

And I do recommend that people read the book if they haven't already. It's quite the read. And I suggest doing it without a glossary. I didn't even know that some copies have a glossary. Mine did not, and I like to think that my reading experience was enhanced by my need to determine the vocabulary of Alex and his droogs without having a cheat sheet.

The movie is good to watch too. Very stylistic.  It's a tad less abhorrent than the events in the book (for example, the movie's sex scene involves girls who are not minors), but it should build up a healthy degree of disgust within you.

That explains a lot, primarily why my parents wouldn't let me watch the movie or read the book.
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 230  All

Page created in 2.111 seconds with 21 queries.