Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 230  All

Author Topic: Random Stuff Part II  (Read 1226278 times)

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
  • Respect: +289
    • View Profile
Re: Random Stuff Part II
« Reply #2750 on: January 21, 2015, 12:39:24 am »
+2

This guy is incredible.

http://textastrophe.com/

I don't really know what else to say beyond I've read every story he's ever posted and couldn't stop laughing the entire time.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2221
    • View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: January 21, 2015, 11:00:33 am »
+1

I did an online matching site once, and I think I found a very useful way of finding quality women. Now, for a caveat: This was more of a sex site (technically BDSM), so people were far more upfront about hooking up for just sex. While dating sites are different, I doubt I'd change anything if I were to put up a profile in OKCupid or some such. Also, I paid the premium fee to get my profile at the top of the search lists. I don't know about other sites, but this one allowed for a lot of free profiles, and it was easy to get yours lost in a sea of free "do me plz" profiles. I shelled out a couple months' worth of fees to make my profile show up at the top of the lists.

What I did was use language to hook interesting people. I don't remember what exactly my profile said, but I did use words like concupiscence, persiflage, and cupidity. That may not work for everyone, but for someone who engages in the occasional bout of magniloquence, it was perfect for me. Now, being at the top of the search lists for a while, I'm sure my profile was seen by several women. I only got to hook up with four of them. My profile picture was not sexy, but my writing was. All four of them said that they were intrigued by my vocabulary.

I haven't done any formal research into this, but I would wager that Dominion players are smarter than the average schmoe. Showcase that intelligence. If someone wrinkles her nose because you said you want to break the ennui, then you're probably better off without her. I only had those four bites (kind of literally actually), but I consider my foray into online hookups wildly successful.
A man has no signature

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9414
    • View Profile
« Reply #2752 on: January 21, 2015, 11:07:50 am »

I was reading the directions page for MAGfest and came across this gem:

BY MOTHERFUCKING BOAT

If you have a motherfucking boat, you're welcome to dock it right next to the hotel. Find more information about reserving a space for your motherfucking boat at the National Harbor Marina information page.

(Insert Lonely Island video here)
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9414
    • View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: January 21, 2015, 11:13:01 am »
+2

This guy is incredible.

I don't really know what else to say beyond I've read every story he's ever posted and couldn't stop laughing the entire time.

I read the first two... he seems like a bit of a dick to people who weren't already being dicks.  (Contrast 27/b who generally doesn't initiate the dickish behavior.)

Also, my phone wanted to correct "dickish" to "rockfish."  This amuses me.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6125
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #2754 on: January 21, 2015, 11:15:41 am »
+3

Makes me think of http://dontevenreply.com/

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7866
    • View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: January 21, 2015, 11:22:00 am »
+5

I did an online matching site once, and I think I found a very useful way of finding quality women. Now, for a caveat: This was more of a sex site (technically BDSM), so people were far more upfront about hooking up for just sex. While dating sites are different, I doubt I'd change anything if I were to put up a profile in OKCupid or some such. Also, I paid the premium fee to get my profile at the top of the search lists. I don't know about other sites, but this one allowed for a lot of free profiles, and it was easy to get yours lost in a sea of free "do me plz" profiles. I shelled out a couple months' worth of fees to make my profile show up at the top of the lists.

What I did was use language to hook interesting people. I don't remember what exactly my profile said, but I did use words like concupiscence, persiflage, and cupidity. That may not work for everyone, but for someone who engages in the occasional bout of magniloquence, it was perfect for me. Now, being at the top of the search lists for a while, I'm sure my profile was seen by several women. I only got to hook up with four of them. My profile picture was not sexy, but my writing was. All four of them said that they were intrigued by my vocabulary.

I haven't done any formal research into this, but I would wager that Dominion players are smarter than the average schmoe. Showcase that intelligence. If someone wrinkles her nose because you said you want to break the ennui, then you're probably better off without her. I only had those four bites (kind of literally actually), but I consider my foray into online hookups wildly successful.

Clamps make SO MUCH more sense now.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: January 21, 2015, 11:27:45 am »
+1

The Textastrophe guy is just a jerk. There's very little good humor to it. That said, I literally LOL'd at The Graphic Designer. That is good humor.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
  • Respect: +289
    • View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: January 21, 2015, 12:22:42 pm »

This guy is incredible.

I read the first two... he seems like a bit of a dick to people who weren't already being dicks.  (Contrast 27/b who generally doesn't initiate the dickish behavior.)

Also, my phone wanted to correct "dickish" to "rockfish."  This amuses me.
Yeah. I don't agree with everything he does. I actually find that a lot of his earlier stuff is much funnier. Although it's somewhat difficult to navigate the 21 pages since you have to go through them one by one.

The Textastrophe guy is just a jerk. There's very little good humor to it. That said, I literally LOL'd at The Graphic Designer. That is good humor.
I'm not someone who finds pranks that really harm people to be funny, but the worst I see here is him wasting a bit of people's time and getting them worked up a bit. Far and above, he also tends to pick on people with weird and/or useless advertisments, so there's that too. There's a number of them where people end up playing along, which normally leads to some pretty funny stuff.

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: January 21, 2015, 03:21:15 pm »

Makes me think of http://dontevenreply.com/

That Fish Tank one is incredible.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2221
    • View Profile
« Reply #2759 on: January 22, 2015, 04:18:14 pm »

I'm going to IKEA for the first time ever. And it's all because I heard of these great door mats that soak up rat pee very well, and I'm going to attempt to line my cage with them. They're even machine-washable, I hear.

But while I'm there, I'll take a gander around.
A man has no signature

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2760 on: January 22, 2015, 04:24:19 pm »
+3

I'm going to IKEA for the first time ever. And it's all because I heard of these great door mats that soak up rat pee very well, and I'm going to attempt to line my cage with them. They're even machine-washable, I hear.

Bring water, some perishables, a change of clothes, a tent, and maybe a tinder kit.  Just in case you get lost and have to live off the land for a few weeks.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12870
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2761 on: January 22, 2015, 04:26:26 pm »

Is this that programming joke again?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

GeoLib

• Jester
  • Respect: +1265
    • View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: January 22, 2015, 04:35:33 pm »

Bring water, some perishables, a change of clothes, a tent, and maybe a tinder kit.  Just in case you get lost and have to live off the land for a few weeks.

I think I've been to IKEA once in my life. It was a horrible experience and I'm never going again.
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #2763 on: January 22, 2015, 04:53:56 pm »

I've been offered the opportunity to visit IKEA on multiple occasions. I've refused every time because I have more self-respect than that.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +856
    • View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: January 22, 2015, 04:58:30 pm »

I've been offered the opportunity to visit IKEA on multiple occasions. I've refused every time because I have more self-respect than that.

What's up with that?  Is it a Canadian thing?  What's not respectable about IKEA?
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

ashersky

• Mountebank
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1520
    • View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: January 22, 2015, 05:17:20 pm »
+1

IKEA is fine.  It's just a big store now.  It was a "cool kids only" thing before, but really, it's just accessible, cheap furniture.  Plus, the food court is great.

Instead, you all should join me in irrationally hating all things hipster.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: January 22, 2015, 05:19:18 pm »
+1

What's up with that?  Is it a Canadian thing?  What's not respectable about IKEA?

I'm Canadian and I have nothing against IKEA.  I do enjoy the usual IKEA jokes though (getting lost inside, arcane assembly instructions).

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: January 22, 2015, 05:19:53 pm »
+4

IKEA is fine.  It's just a big store now.  It was a "cool kids only" thing before, but really, it's just accessible, cheap furniture.  Plus, the food court is great.

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: January 22, 2015, 05:46:30 pm »

Too many pokemon jokes.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

GeoLib

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2769 on: January 22, 2015, 05:53:14 pm »

Well it's been a while since I've gone, so perhaps things have changed, but I recall that you had to follow a certain path through the store and wind through all kinds of unnecessary things, and my mom and sister insisted on looking at a whole bunch of carpets and it was excruciatingly boring.
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +856
    • View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: January 22, 2015, 05:56:05 pm »

Ah.  The dreaded yellow brick road syndrome.  If you are ever talked into going again, ask for a printed map of the store (they have them).  On it you can find the cut throughs from various areas to others.  You don't necessarily have to walk through x and y to get to Z.
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

ashersky

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #2771 on: January 22, 2015, 05:59:46 pm »

There's also an escalator next to the food court (usually) that lets you skip the showroom part and go to the shopping part.

Part of how IKEA keeps its prices low is reduction of what we have come to see as normal retail customer service and forcing you to put it together yourself.  That's the deal.

Costco has used some of the same counter-philosophies to succeed with their model, too.

GeoLib

• Jester
    • View Profile
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: January 22, 2015, 06:09:22 pm »

I just recently bought a living room table from Ikea.  I'm very, very happy with it.  It was cheap, it was easy to put together, and it does exactly what it is supposed to do.  It was also easy to get from the showroom.

I mean, I had no living room table for like two years before this, so maybe that's a big factor, but my roommate and I spent a good deal of time looking around for things that would be good, and everything that looked nice enough was like $1000.  Ikea filled the gap between really-cheap-and-looks-bad and I-don't-want-to-spend-that-much-money-on-this.  And if it ever gets banged up to the point where a new one is needed, it was such a minor investment that it can be easily replaced or upgraded.

ashersky

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: January 22, 2015, 06:19:57 pm »
+1

I've driven to Ikea just for a meal in the cafe place.

Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 230  All

Page created in 1.988 seconds with 21 queries.