Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 230  All

Author Topic: Random Stuff Part II  (Read 1226375 times)

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3839
    • View Profile
Re: Random Stuff Part II
« Reply #2700 on: January 17, 2015, 04:51:51 pm »
+1

Best way to train up for that Season 6 debut?

Also, my Respect upvote count is 64. My avatar is Mario. Mario 64! :D To keep it that way, all I have to do is never say something funny or smart ever again.

But that Mario is not any Mario: it's Paper Mario, from Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door, a game for the Game Cube. So you are fine until you reach 128 respect.
Hate to burst your bubble, but isn't that from sticker star?

I hate to burst your bubble-bursting, but no:

EDItT: added redundant link because I do not know if the bubble-burster-bursting image is visible or not.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 05:09:15 pm by pacovf »
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #2701 on: January 18, 2015, 07:41:03 pm »
+1

How do you meet women?  I'm pretty sure the only good way is to not try and to do it by accident. 

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +856
    • View Profile
« Reply #2702 on: January 18, 2015, 07:45:44 pm »
+1

The best way is actually to have friends introduce you.
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7867
    • View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: January 18, 2015, 07:47:20 pm »

How do you meet women?  I'm pretty sure the only good way is to not try and to do it by accident.

Stay in shape, be generally nice, go to social events, and these things happen.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
  • Respect: +289
    • View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: January 18, 2015, 07:53:53 pm »

I'm generally nice.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: January 18, 2015, 07:55:31 pm »
+1

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: January 18, 2015, 07:56:17 pm »

If you are in an IT school or university, you don't.

Otherwise, I don't know. I've heard of this concept, "going out", but I don't quite understand it yet. The Sun hurts my eyes.

EDIT:
Stay in shape

After seeing WW's Adonisian manliness in the relevant thread, I feel compelled to add that staying in shape is not strictly necessary to meet women.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 08:06:37 pm by pacovf »
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2707 on: January 18, 2015, 08:21:19 pm »

If you are in an IT school or university, you don't.

Otherwise, I don't know. I've heard of this concept, "going out", but I don't quite understand it yet. The Sun hurts my eyes.

EDIT:
Stay in shape

After seeing WW's Adonisian manliness in the relevant thread, I feel compelled to add that staying in shape is not strictly necessary to meet women.

Har har.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: January 18, 2015, 08:40:05 pm »

Har har.

I'm completely serious dude, that picture of you made me grow ovaries just so that they could explode. I'm just pointing out that the rest of the population still manages to find a partner despite the tough competition.

Second addendum: while being in shape is not strictly necessary, being clean absolutely is. Make sure you don't smell (this can be hard if you transpire a lot, try different deos), that your breath doesn't smell either (just brush your teeth), that your clothes are washed and ironed. If you are not particularly attached to your facial hair, shave often. Anyway, you don't need to go overboard, but know that if you neglect your general aspect, you will make things much harder for you.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2709 on: January 18, 2015, 08:54:26 pm »

Har har.

I'm completely serious dude, that picture of you made me grow ovaries just so that they could explode. I'm just pointing out that the rest of the population still manages to find a partner despite the tough competition.

Second addendum: while being in shape is not strictly necessary, being clean absolutely is. Make sure you don't smell (this can be hard if you transpire a lot, try different deos), that your breath doesn't smell either (just brush your teeth), that your clothes are washed and ironed. If you are not particularly attached to your facial hair, shave often. Anyway, you don't need to go overboard, but know that if you neglect your general aspect, you will make things much harder for you.

I'm just a normal looking guy; I think the lighting just helps in that picture. 

Yeah, being in shape isn't strictly necessary, but it is helpful.  I wasn't athletic growing up (high school, most of college).  I started exercising more in college and grad school.  I found that I get more attention if I'm more fit.  Not that I, like, talk or anything, of course.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12870
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2710 on: January 19, 2015, 12:37:00 am »
+1

Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: January 19, 2015, 12:47:50 am »

this can be hard if you transpire a lot

I was going to say that it should be "perspire", but it seems that "transpire" works too.

enfynet

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1162
    • View Profile
    • JD's Custom Clubs
« Reply #2712 on: January 19, 2015, 01:47:06 am »
+2

You could always randomly message people on Facebook. That works about 0.024% of the time.

Although, personally I've met girls mostly through school, work, and internet. Social events (parties, etc) haven't really been a comfortable place for me, so it wasn't a comfortable place to meet people. Your best chance is to meet someone by being comfortable with yourself. You will seem more welcoming and most people will pick up on that and respond positively.
"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious."

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1084
    • View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: January 19, 2015, 02:03:22 am »
+2

Pro tip: If you want a second date, have a clean car. If you want a third date, have a clean bathroom.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: January 19, 2015, 03:02:28 am »

this can be hard if you transpire a lot

I was going to say that it should be "perspire", but it seems that "transpire" works too.

The difference between the two is that whether you do the latter or not is up to the Emperor.

... I wonder how many people will get this one.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9415
    • View Profile
« Reply #2715 on: January 19, 2015, 08:55:32 am »
+2

I'm going to need your age and general situation (college or not/after, etc.)

If you have a large enough social circle, having friends introduce is going to be a good start.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #2716 on: January 19, 2015, 09:09:38 am »
+7

One effective technique is to have lots of married friends. When the inevitable divorce occurs be there for the rebound.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2717 on: January 19, 2015, 10:18:31 am »

One effective technique is to have lots of married friends. When the inevitable divorce occurs be there for the rebound.

This is great advice if you're not looking for anything long-term.  Hoping to get into a long-term relationship with a recent divorcee is a quest that is likely to fail.

Edit: Full disclosure: my current wife succeeded in that quest, though the relationship there started before I was actually a divorcee.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 10:24:07 am by Kirian »
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

GeoLib

• Jester
  • Respect: +1265
    • View Profile
« Reply #2718 on: January 19, 2015, 10:23:58 am »

This is great advice if you're not looking for anything long-term.  Hoping to get into a long-term relationship with a recent divorcee is a quest that is likely to fail.

Somehow I think this advice was not meant to be taken seriously. I would recommend against hooking up with your friend's ex-wife on the rebound...
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: January 19, 2015, 10:31:20 am »

Best post ever.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2720 on: January 19, 2015, 10:31:46 am »
+1

Edit: Full disclosure: my current wife succeeded in that quest, though the relationship there started before I was actually a divorcee.

You dog you.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2721 on: January 19, 2015, 11:32:09 am »

You dog you.

I recall saying (somewhere upthread?  Or perhaps in another thread?) that I would tell this story someday.  I may actually have time for that at some point.  As a bonus teaser, my current wife was a groomsperson in my first wedding.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2722 on: January 19, 2015, 11:34:44 am »

You dog you.

I recall saying (somewhere upthread?  Or perhaps in another thread?) that I would tell this story someday.  I may actually have time for that at some point.  As a bonus teaser, my current wife was a groomsperson in my first wedding.

Ermagerd where is the kickstarter for the novel?

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +856
    • View Profile
« Reply #2723 on: January 19, 2015, 12:15:43 pm »
+1

You dog you.

I call dibs on licensing the story for flavor in a Mafia game on f.DS.  Would your current wife be available to co-mod?

Uh-oh, more fodder for out of context.

Edit: What are the freakin odds that my posts are almost always at the top of the next page?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 12:17:19 pm by SwitchedFromStarcraft »
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2724 on: January 19, 2015, 12:25:41 pm »
+1

You dog you.

I call dibs on licensing the story for flavor in a Mafia game on f.DS.  Would your current wife be available to co-mod?

Uh-oh, more fodder for out of context.

Edit: What are the freakin odds that my posts are almost always at the top of the next page?

About 1 in 25.
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 230  All

Page created in 1.857 seconds with 21 queries.