Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 230  All

Author Topic: Random Stuff Part II  (Read 1226511 times)

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
  • Respect: +1966
    • View Profile
Re: Random Stuff Part II
« Reply #1575 on: November 03, 2014, 07:04:22 pm »
+7

If I had your problems...
I personally would rather not have a six year old hitting on me, thanks.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9415
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: November 03, 2014, 07:28:19 pm »
+7

In Spanish, his name became "Tom Sorvolo Ryddle," which transforms into "Soy Lord Voldemort."

...which is frankly a terribly bland, mostly flavorless imitation of the real Lord Voldemort.

(not originally my joke)
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
  • Respect: +932
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: November 03, 2014, 07:37:55 pm »
+2

A two-year old hitting on me might be cute. I'm not sure what it would look like, but most things two-year-olds do are cute, so.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7868
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: November 03, 2014, 07:38:40 pm »

In Spanish, his name became "Tom Sorvolo Ryddle," which transforms into "Soy Lord Voldemort."

...which is frankly a terribly bland, mostly flavorless imitation of the real Lord Voldemort.

(not originally my joke)

More estrogen, too.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: November 03, 2014, 11:52:23 pm »
+1

Kirian you and I should start a dating adviice thread in which questions will be formatted like this:

Dear F.ds Dating Superstuds,

[Insert query here]

Sincerely,

Loveless in Louisville

Seriously though.  The story of how I met my current wife and why my first marriage lasted effectively a year is this gigantic red flag saying "Do not take dating advice from this guy."
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2708
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: November 03, 2014, 11:59:30 pm »
+2

A two-year old hitting on me might be cute. I'm not sure what it would look like, but most things two-year-olds do are cute, so.

What about a -3 year old?
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: November 04, 2014, 12:18:03 am »
+1

Kirian you and I should start a dating adviice thread in which questions will be formatted like this:

Dear F.ds Dating Superstuds,

[Insert query here]

Sincerely,

Loveless in Louisville

Seriously though.  The story of how I met my current wife and why my first marriage lasted effectively a year is this gigantic red flag saying "Do not take dating advice from this guy."

What are the stories?

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
  • Respect: +289
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: November 04, 2014, 12:25:38 am »

What about a -3 year old?
Darn it, you beat me to it. For me it'd be -2

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: November 04, 2014, 12:31:27 am »

How big does the age difference have to be before it's creepy? The formula I've heard is half your age plus 7 years. If you date someone younger than that, you are officially a cradle robber. Seems reasonable to me.

AHoppy

• Jester
  • Respect: +529
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: November 04, 2014, 12:56:37 am »

Well, you got me there...

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
  • Respect: +1097
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: November 04, 2014, 12:59:19 am »
+3

How big does the age difference have to be before it's creepy? The formula I've heard is half your age plus 7 years. If you date someone younger than that, you are officially a cradle robber. Seems reasonable to me.

Andy Dwyer: Let me ask you a quick question: what's the youngest a girl can be that if uh, we go out, I'm not a total scumbag?
Tom Haverford: You know the old rule. Half your age plus seven.
Andy Dwyer: Half my age, plus seven. Oh, okay. Well I'm 29, so half of... 29, add seven... that's only 20, is...
Tom Haverford: Twenty...
Andy Dwyer: 20 years old.
Tom Haverford: ...one.
Andy Dwyer: 21.
Tom Haverford: and a half.
Andy Dwyer: Yep.
Tom Haverford: Yep.
Andy Dwyer: We got the same thing with the equation on that one. Here's the thing, what if she's slightly younger? Can I go out with someone younger than that?
Tom Haverford: Please! You totally can!
Andy Dwyer: Yeah!
[In confessional]
Andy Dwyer: Tom says it's okay!... That probably means it isn't okay.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12870
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1586 on: November 04, 2014, 01:03:16 am »
+2

Why would love be creepy?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: November 04, 2014, 01:23:54 am »

Is a 40-something dating a 20-something creepy?  Not as long as they share the same interests, desires, what-have-you, but I can't imagine there's going to be a huge overlap there.

I actually think this comes down more to personal preference.  At 36, that formula outputs 25... now, I know a number of 25-year-olds.  Nice enough people, most of 'em, but at my age I sure as hell don't want to deal with their issues.  I certainly wouldn't want to deal with myself at that age, knowing what I know, except maybe to smack some sense into him.  And I suspect Kuildeous won't likely want to deal with the issues of someone twenty years younger, except as a fling, and flings can be dangerous things indeed.

What are the stories?

If I have time some evening I'll tell you the short version.  The ultra-short version is that my (current) wife and I, both very intelligent people, made some impressively, stupendously, un-fucking-believably dumb decisions regarding the expression of feelings, back in... 2001 IIRC, which, hey look, it's 23-year-old me!  Seriously, I could smack that idiot.  Actually, a big hug and a stern talking-to, of the sort I give to my five-year-old, would likely be a better idea.

Here, have some sappy but relevant Indigo Girls harmonies:

soulnet

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1751
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: November 04, 2014, 03:20:29 am »

Twitter is like Rebuild.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
  • Respect: +356
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: November 04, 2014, 05:28:33 am »

Twitter is like Rebuild.

I'm intrigued, please go on.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

soulnet

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1590 on: November 04, 2014, 08:06:04 am »
+6

Twitter is like Rebuild.

It may have been made for a specific purpose, but it turned out an overused annoyance that takes a lot of the fun out of an otherwise interesting thing.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3235
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: November 04, 2014, 08:10:16 am »

what is the otherwise interesting thing?

soulnet

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: November 04, 2014, 08:13:33 am »

what is the otherwise interesting thing?

The internet. It is not completely ruined, but Rebuild did not completely ruin Dominion either.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2221
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: November 04, 2014, 08:30:23 am »

It's amazing how different a 20-year-old is compared to a 40-year-old. It's not always something you notice until you look at it from the outside. I find it interesting that I cannot remember being that different in my 20s. I'm sure I was, but confirmation bias tells me that I've had a lot of my current wisdom back in my 20s (for example, I've advised people for years not to marry until their 30s). Surely I had some dumb philosophies in my 20s, but I must have repressed them because my smug self seems to think that I've always been this awesome.

But I do remember some poor actions in my 20s. But hey, I've made mistakes in my 40s too.

And yeah, if this 22-year-old girl actually does like me, it'd have to be a fling. She does seem smart, and she's quite the nerd, so common interests are there. Even if she's not interested in me in that way, she seems like a cool person to be with. Pity there's not enough time during the show to play Dominion, or I'd find out just how much of a nerd she is. I wonder if I can bring some quick games. Piece o' Cake is pretty fun.
A man has no signature

soulnet

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: November 04, 2014, 08:48:21 am »
+7

Even if she's not interested in me in that way, she seems like a cool person to be with. Pity there's not enough time during the show to play Dominion, or I'd find out just how much of a nerd she is.

So you made all this fuzz about this thing without even confirming she likes Dominion first??? What a waste of time this was!

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: November 04, 2014, 09:45:11 am »

Twitter is like Rebuild.

It may have been made for a specific purpose, but it turned out an overused annoyance that takes a lot of the fun out of an otherwise interesting thing.

I disagree, I take great enjoyement in Twitter... it seems to me that it's very easy to let Twiter what you want ito be by crafting your timeline in such a way that it's entertaining/informative/whatever.

Also i'm not sure how people who don't use Twitter are negatively affected by people who do. Whereas if I were refusing to use Rebuild in a game where it's present, that will obviously go badly for me (most of the time).
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 09:47:05 am by Teproc »
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1084
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: November 04, 2014, 09:46:38 am »

Come on Uncie Kirian! Tell us a story!
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

soulnet

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: November 04, 2014, 09:50:42 am »

I disagree, I take great enjoyement in Twitter... it seems to me that it's very easy to let Twiter what you want ito be by crafting your timeline in such a way that it's entertaining/informative/whatever.

I don't have a twitter account and only go on to the twitter site to find really specific information once every couple of months. And still, twitter annoys me a great deal, because lots of sites have some twitter feed embedded and it makes frivolity appear more prominently in the media when lots of articles are about who twitted what. Twitter is all about frivolity, and that frivolity is spreading to the rest of the internet, even if you avoid twitter.com and twitter apps completely.

I remember a video publicizing twitter a long time ago, in its early days, promoting the fact that you could tell what you were doing all the time. Through some icons they were promoting letting people know you were having coffee, leaving from work, getting on the bus, etc. So maybe its not like Rebuild, because even its origins are ill-intended.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: November 04, 2014, 09:59:08 am »
+1

Right, you have this idea that Twitter is about people posting pictures of their food, that's fine. Some people do that, sure. That's not even close to what I and many people use Twitter for. Like many things, it's an excellent tool but because some people use it "frivolously" (which, frankly, there's nothing wrong with that either), it gets derided.

It's like saying the Internet is bad because it's all about trolling in the comments or something.

soulnet

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: November 04, 2014, 10:02:45 am »

Right, you have this idea that Twitter is about people posting pictures of their food, that's fine. Some people do that, sure. That's not even close to what I and many people use Twitter for. Like many things, it's an excellent tool but because some people use it "frivolously" (which, frankly, there's nothing wrong with that either), it gets derided.

It's like saying the Internet is bad because it's all about trolling in the comments or something.

I think your analogy is backwards. Internet is a great tool that is often misused. Twitter is a horrible tool that it is eventually used in a good way. Maybe comments on videos (or some other places) are a bad tool either.

Twitter is more like the atom bomb. Sure, you can probably find an armageddon-like nice usage for it, but its existence is mostly bad for humanity.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 230  All

Page created in 2.369 seconds with 21 queries.