Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 230  All

Author Topic: Random Stuff Part II  (Read 1226076 times)

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2707
    • View Profile
Re: Random Stuff Part II
« Reply #1550 on: November 03, 2014, 02:52:41 pm »

Heh, not sure if this girl is attracted to me or is just super playful. Backstage during a show, she grabbed my hat and put it on her head. Considering how much I sweat in that hat (and possibly how many other actors did as well *shudder*), I was surprised she was being that playful.

It'd be kind of cool to go out with her, but she's 20 years younger than me. It couldn't be an ongoing relationship. Besides, she wouldn't be my primary, and I have no idea how she'd respond to that, so I best leave it alone.

Still, donning someone else's clothes/accessories can often be seen as a sign of flirting—a nasty hat, even more.

I don't see why, during a show I one time grabbed a girl's (actually my wife in the show) hat and put it on top of my hat.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1084
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: November 03, 2014, 03:05:47 pm »
+4

Kirian you and I should start a dating adviice thread in which questions will be formatted like this:

Dear F.ds Dating Superstuds,

[Insert query here]

Sincerely,

Loveless in Louisville
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: November 03, 2014, 03:20:40 pm »
+2

I just realized what this would sound like to an outsider hearing about it secondhand. "One of the guys on this card game internet forum had this girl take his hat and all of us card game nerds are trying to decide if she was flirting."

Not saying it's a bad conversation to have. Just had a momentary paradigm shift and wanted to share.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1084
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: November 03, 2014, 03:35:54 pm »

So I'm definitely a nerd? I mean I played Magic cards in middle school and I was a casual member of the chess club but I never really considered myself as part of the club. When do I get my membership card?
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2221
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: November 03, 2014, 03:45:45 pm »
+1

Definitely, definitely flirting.  That said, if you're poly* and don't know whether she is or not, probably best to, at the least, let her make any further moves.  Of course, my dating advice is best taken with a heaping teaspoon of salt.

*I'm assuming this from your using the word 'primary' up there.

You assume correctly. I'm letting her make the blatant moves, because I don't want to make things weird. If she's that interested in me, then she'll bring it up. I do wonder if she is put off by the fact that I am married. I did recently post an article about poly on Facebook, so she may put two and two together. But then, there's also the fact that she wouldn't want to be a secondary.

I actually suspect this will turn out to be ships passing in the night. She seems pretty cool, and I don't want to jeopardize a friendship just because I want to jump her. If it happens, it happens.

The reason for the doubt is that up until then, I haven't seen any interest from her. Sometimes you can just tell based on what the person is doing. For example, finding excuses to sit nearby. I had one girl who said, "Didn't you notice I was coming to see your show?" Okay, that was more arrogance on my part as an actor than a fuckbuddy. I thought she wanted to see the show. Heh.

This girl just didn't send out those vibes until the hat incident. Made me raise an eyebrow. But then again, actors are really, really friendly and don't quite have the boundaries like normal people ("We are actors; we're the opposite of people!").

I'll just keep on trucking and leave her opportunities to approach me. I also don't want to be the creepy old guy trying to mack on younger girls (even though she's out of college).
A man has no signature

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
  • Respect: +289
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: November 03, 2014, 03:48:26 pm »
+1

So how many pages does this thread have to reach before we get a Random Stuff III?

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2707
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: November 03, 2014, 03:49:39 pm »
+1

So how many pages does this thread have to reach before we get a Random Stuff III?

Enough to cause more quantum fluctuations.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: November 03, 2014, 03:56:53 pm »

Enough to cause more quantum fluctuations.

Did you know you can remove your own posts?

...I'm just leaving it there.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2479
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: November 03, 2014, 04:01:47 pm »

So I'm definitely a nerd? I mean I played Magic cards in middle school and I was a casual member of the chess club but I never really considered myself as part of the club. When do I get my membership card?
As captain of my school's chess club, I resent this comment. Chess club is where the cool kids go.

soulnet

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1751
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: November 03, 2014, 04:08:01 pm »
+6

As captain of my school's chess club, I resent this comment. Chess club is where the cool kids go.

Nerd kids ARE the cool kids. I resent your resentment.

AHoppy

• Jester
  • Respect: +529
    • View Profile
« Reply #1560 on: November 03, 2014, 04:10:52 pm »
+5

In other random news: my top choice company called me back today and I have an interview with them in 2 weeks!

GeoLib

• Jester
  • Respect: +1265
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: November 03, 2014, 04:13:23 pm »
+4

Not to be a buzzkill, but in my experience, flirting backstage =/= anything serious
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2983
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: November 03, 2014, 04:18:55 pm »

Interesting:

Foreign language translations had to change Tom Marvolo Riddle's name so that an appropriate anagram could be formed from "I am Lord Voldemort." In Spanish, his name became "Tom Sorvolo Ryddle," which transforms into "Soy Lord Voldemort." In French, his name is "Tom Elvis Jedusor," which becomes "Je suis Voldemort." In Dutch, his name is "Marten Asmodom Vilijn" which is an anagram for "Mijn naam is Voldemort". In Turkish the name is "Tom Marvoldo Riddle" which makes up "Adim Lord Voldemort". In Brazilian Portuguese the name is "Tom Servolo Riddle" which makes up "Eis Lord Voldemort". In Danish, his name is "Romeo G. Detlev Jr." which makes up "Jeg er Voldemort". In Italian his name is "Tom Orvoloson Riddle", which makes up "Son io Lord Voldemort". In Swedish his name is "Tom Gus Mervolo Dolder", which makes up "Ego sum Lord Voldemort".

Source

In German, its Tom Vorlost Riddle -> Ist Lord Voldemort. Not too bad considering some of those alternatives.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2221
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: November 03, 2014, 04:26:16 pm »
+2

Not to be a buzzkill, but in my experience, flirting backstage =/= anything serious

I do believe you're correct. Actors are notorious teases. It's part of the fun, after all.

Ships passing in the night.

Although I did buy a new hat the other day. I should wear it to the cast party. *smirk*
A man has no signature

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2856
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: November 03, 2014, 04:28:41 pm »
+1

Allegedly, when translators were working on the 6th Harry Potter book, many had to figure out who R.A.B. was on their own, so that they could use the correct initials.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: November 03, 2014, 04:43:07 pm »
+15

Allegedly, when translators were working on the 6th Harry Potter book, many had to figure out who R.A.B. was on their own, so that they could use the correct initials.

Luckily, that one was at least easy to guess.

Of course, I was also dead certain that the real villain of the entire series would be the alarmingly-named Professor Sinistra, who, despite being the Astronomy instructor at Hogwarts all throughout Harry Potter's time there and despite the main characters taking Astronomy for most of their school career, never once had a single line of dialogue. The books contain zero information about her or the classes she supposedly taught. Which is more likely: that nothing of note ever happened during Astronomy class during Harry's entire event-filled tenure at Hogwarts OR that Professor Sinistra was wiping the children's memories for her own nefarious purposes? I think the answer is clear.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 04:44:46 pm by LastFootnote »

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
  • Respect: +1097
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: November 03, 2014, 04:49:42 pm »
+2

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: November 03, 2014, 05:04:07 pm »
+9

Luckily, that one was at least easy to guess.

Of course, I was also dead certain that the real villain of the entire series would be the alarmingly-named Professor Sinistra, who, despite being the Astronomy instructor at Hogwarts all throughout Harry Potter's time there and despite the main characters taking Astronomy for most of their school career, never once had a single line of dialogue. The books contain zero information about her or the classes she supposedly taught. Which is more likely: that nothing of note ever happened during Astronomy class during Harry's entire event-filled tenure at Hogwarts OR that Professor Sinistra was wiping the children's memories for her own nefarious purposes? I think the answer is clear.

Man, there's nothing wrong with Professor Sinistra.  This is yet another example of the marginalization of left-handed people.  Just because we use the sinister hand doesn't mean we are doing secret nefarious things all the time.  There are holidays.  Most of the plots aren't even deadly probably.

(I am left handed!  Anybody else?)

Romeo G. Detlev Jr.

This is the best.

With a name like that, how could you not turn out evil?

AHoppy

• Jester
  • Respect: +529
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: November 03, 2014, 05:08:36 pm »
+2

(I am left handed!  Anybody else?)
High-left-handed-five!

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12870
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1569 on: November 03, 2014, 05:11:48 pm »
+2

Man, there's nothing wrong with Professor Sinistra.

They can't all be the best professor ever.

(Also, I'm ambidextrous. Does that count?)
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
  • Respect: +356
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: November 03, 2014, 05:17:58 pm »

Tom Marvolo Riddle, really ? I like the French name much better.

I actually read half the books in English (5 and on, I was younger and not able to read in English when I read the first four), and I just realized he had that name. RAB must have been explained to me by someone I think.

Come to think of it, it's weird that I don't remember that his English name is Marvolo Riddle since it's definitely mentioned in those later books... maybe I just blocked it out because really ? What is he, a Batman villain ?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 05:19:20 pm by Teproc »
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: November 03, 2014, 05:24:49 pm »

Tom Marvolo Riddle, really ? I like the French name much better.

I actually read half the books in English (5 and on, I was younger and not able to read in English when I read the first four), and I just realized he had that name. RAB must have been explained to me by someone I think.

Come to think of it, it's weird that I don't remember that his English name is Marvolo Riddle since it's definitely mentioned in those later books... maybe I just blocked it out because really ? What is he, a Batman villain ?

Marvolo was his grandfather's name, and Riddle is a real surname, believe it or not.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: November 03, 2014, 06:51:21 pm »
+2

In the last 20 minutes, my total respect has gone up by 30 35 36 43 48 52 63 points, and counting. I've checked my last (hilarious, if I must say so myself) posts, and none of them have been upvoted. So either someone is upvoting all my old posts (in which case, thank you, but it's bugging the hell out of me), or there is some sort of bug or bot that is causing respect to go up.

Has anyone noticed anything?

EDIT: Walrus, I don't know what sort of joke you are building up towards, but you've got too much free time on your hands.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 07:13:54 pm by pacovf »
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: November 03, 2014, 07:04:01 pm »

In the last 20 minutes, my total respect has gone up by 30 35 36 43 48 52 points, and counting. I've checked my last (hilarious, if I must say so myself) posts, and none of them have been upvoted. So either someone is upvoting all my old posts (in which case, thank you, but it's bugging the hell out of me), or there is some sort of bug or bot that is causing respect to go up.

Has anyone noticed anything?

EDIT: Walrus, I don't know what sort of joke you are building up towards, but you've got too much time on your hands.
Why, oh why can't we see the respect for each post when viewed in the "show posts" page. Maybe you can only see your own?

I understand that the features on this website were part of a template or something and thay Theory doesn't have that much power to modify/add things to it.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
  • Respect: +356
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: November 03, 2014, 07:04:15 pm »
+7

I just discovered, hidden in a random MTG Twitter thread, that WanderingWinder was on Twitter.

If I get my mythology straight, does that mean that all of f.ds is on Twitter ? Definitely following that account.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 230  All

Page created in 2.314 seconds with 22 queries.