Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 230  All

Author Topic: Random Stuff Part II  (Read 1225264 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7866
    • View Profile
Re: Random Stuff Part II
« Reply #3650 on: March 26, 2015, 10:23:01 am »

That episode was fantastic.

I don't know anything about Football, either. 

All I know about (American) football is that it's a lot like chicken:  slightly unsanitary to handle raw, but quite tasty when fried or baked.

Well I'm pretty sure it's made out of pig skin.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2221
    • View Profile
« Reply #3651 on: March 26, 2015, 11:56:20 am »

My favorite IT Crowd episode is the work outing. I just recently rewatched that, and I had tears streaming down my face from laughing so much. So very absurd. Also, a statement about being so overly polite and unwilling to make a fuss that will cause the person to lose face (even if the people he meets are complete strangers), which actually causes a much bigger fuss. Hilarity.
A man has no signature

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
« Reply #3652 on: March 26, 2015, 12:17:04 pm »

The work outing is indeed hilarious.  Most of season 1 is top notch, really.
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3653 on: March 26, 2015, 02:04:29 pm »

My favorite IT Crowd episode is the work outing. I just recently rewatched that, and I had tears streaming down my face from laughing so much. So very absurd. Also, a statement about being so overly polite and unwilling to make a fuss that will cause the person to lose face (even if the people he meets are complete strangers), which actually causes a much bigger fuss. Hilarity.

I was just about to explain the episode that had me rolling in tears, and then I realized it's exactly the one you're talking about. 

It was when he had to continue to play the part of the paraplegic, and then when the group of actual disabled people came out... I ws already at full laughter capacity at that point, and it brought me over the edge.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2221
    • View Profile
« Reply #3654 on: March 26, 2015, 02:16:58 pm »

I really loved the sucker punch where Roy asks Jen to get him a drink and there's Moss in an equally absurd pickle.

I like Work Outing way better than the episode with the shoes. The shoes episode just turned Jen into a caricature of a shoe-pursuing woman's woman. Work Outing just had more layers of humor.

I also liked the haunting episode. About as absurd as Work Outing, but it had its slow moments.
A man has no signature

enfynet

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1162
    • View Profile
    • JD's Custom Clubs
« Reply #3655 on: March 26, 2015, 02:36:04 pm »

My spring shopping list is over $4k and my tax return is only 17% of that... :(

https://www.americanmuscle.com/build-list.html?build=90839
Start a Kickstarter campaign?
Maybe a GoFundME too?
"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious."

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #3656 on: March 26, 2015, 10:40:49 pm »
+9

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3657 on: March 27, 2015, 03:12:27 am »
+1

Just updated to Android L and I'm not happy.  Three things that bug me so far.

1. White backgrounds for all sorts of menus and notifications.  Whyyyy.
2. Sometimes there is this circle animation... on long press, I think?  It's unnecessary and I find it weirdly distracting.  I think it used to just highlight the tile or button or whatever.
3. I use Nova Launcher, and one of my favourite features is gestures.  I added a gesture to expand notificaions via downward swipe, which means I can swipe down anywhere on a homescreen to expand rather than having to swipe from the top.  It is a small thing, but it's such a nice little thing to have.  But the update broke it!  This is actually on the Nova Launcher devs to fix, but man is this bothering me.  Muscle memory is killing me here.

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile
« Reply #3658 on: March 27, 2015, 03:27:23 am »

I used to love Android, and I still like it. Recently I got an Apple phone which I was not crazy about, but as I've used it, I've grown to absolutely love it. Android is buggy sometimes, and things would freeze on me and stuff. I've never really had this issue with Apple phones in the year that I switched from my HTC (which is an excellent phone brand which I highly recommend)
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3659 on: March 27, 2015, 04:06:10 am »

4. Icons in the notification bar are no longer visible from the lock screen.  To be fair, there is now an option to display full notifications, but that eats up way more screen space... sigh.

To be clear, I still like Android.  I just don't like change.  Especially changes that remove features.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3660 on: March 27, 2015, 09:35:13 am »

4. Icons in the notification bar are no longer visible from the lock screen.  To be fair, there is now an option to display full notifications, but that eats up way more screen space... sigh.

To be clear, I still like Android.  I just don't like change.  Especially changes that remove features.

Icons in notifications cannot be seen from the lock bar? How hard is it to add a little 20x20 pixel image? It can't take up phone space, Google phones are bigger than iPhones in general! Ugh, what are they doing..

And white backgrounds with the phone? Hrm... Looks like they are trying to pioneer some sort of unique look. That's fine, just don't remove stuff...
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 09:39:04 am by Seprix »
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3661 on: March 27, 2015, 12:50:29 pm »

Yeah, it's for their Material Design.  I think it is nice enough, except it would be better if there was an option for a dark version.  Eh.

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
  • Respect: +3360
    • View Profile
« Reply #3662 on: March 28, 2015, 06:28:26 am »

Quick Harry Kane update....

He is now the highest scoring player in the premier league.

More so, made his England debut last night, came on in the 71st minute..... Scored within 79 seconds!!!

Legend
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2856
    • View Profile
« Reply #3663 on: March 28, 2015, 07:13:17 pm »
+1

That episode was fantastic.

I don't know anything about Football, either. 

All I know about (American) football is that it's a lot like chicken:  slightly unsanitary to handle raw, but quite tasty when fried or baked.

That took a while for me to get. I guess that's a good sign?

Also, by some metrics, I am now one of the top 100 players in Dustforce.

I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3349
    • View Profile
« Reply #3664 on: March 29, 2015, 04:31:39 pm »
+1

I played some odd games of Dominion today. The first was a clear Highway combo board, and yet due to some bad luck on the 2nd shuffle (I opened Nomad Camp/Silver, drew $7 turn 3 and $2 turn 4) I only managed to get two Highways before they piled out. Somehow still won, probably because all but one person also ended up with two, and the one with four had suboptimal midgame luck, while I made my deck work with what I had.

Second game was a Ghost Ship/IGG game with Oracle. I opened Crossroads/Ghost Ship (2/5), so did someone else, and we bought the same cards turns 2 and 3... then I proceeded to get smashed by every single attack that came, my two terminals (Ghost Ship and Oracle) collided literally every single shuffle for the rest of the game, missed some reshuffles or got discarded, I played the three Crossroads I ended up with a total of two times due to constantly drawing them uselessly, and other such things, and I didn't get another $5 until about the 3rd last turn, ending up managing to just about buy one Duchy in the entire game. He on the other hand bought many Bazaars, Crossroads and Oracles, kept drawing 1-2 Estates with each Crossroad despite not buying green until very late, and basically ran away with the game.

Third game was a really interesting one - it was a Tunnel game with Margrave, Cartographer, Oasis, Thief, Loan and Adventurer to activate your Tunnels, along with Spice Merchant for thinning, Village and... something else. Two people opened with Margrave, so me and one other player ended up opening Spice Merchant/Tunnel. He constantly had his Tunnel (later Tunnels) discarded by Margrave and Thief, while I had the one Gold I got during the 3rd shuffle stolen, then proceeded to never match up my Oases with either Tunnel, missed during Margrave turns and Thief never hit. I think he had about 7 or 8 gold by the time I got to play my first one. But from there, I got an Adventurer... which was one of the most powerful Adventurer boards I think I've ever played. Asides from all the other treasures in my deck having been trashed so I only had (3) golds, Adventurer was also able to activate Tunnels as it went, so it not only picked up three Golds but it also gave me two golds the first two times I played it, and more golds on later plays, which was pretty huge. It pulled me straight back into the game, and I managed to come second.

Three very strange games. I was the strongest player in the group, but the player on my right is pretty decent as well (he'd probably be around Iso level 25-30 I expect, while I'm around 30-35 IIRC), and was the player who was generally doing something similar to me but without terrible luck. I know there's the saying "you make your own shuffle luck" but there's not always much you can do, especially getting wrecked early in the game.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3665 on: March 29, 2015, 04:49:48 pm »

Dominion Streaming seems to be dying. I'm getting no one watching my streams now, and the few that do stream don't have many views themselves..

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
« Reply #3666 on: March 29, 2015, 04:59:44 pm »

Dominion Streaming seems to be dying. I'm getting no one watching my streams now, and the few that do stream don't have many views themselves..

The league was on break.  More people should start watching streams again soon.  I watched the last non-final stream of the league, and there were at least 18 people watching at one point.
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #3667 on: March 29, 2015, 05:01:32 pm »

Well, once Adventures is online, maybe it'll pick up again.

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3668 on: March 30, 2015, 05:21:03 pm »
+3

Include more scantily dressed women In Your streams. That will boost attendance

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3669 on: March 30, 2015, 05:21:42 pm »
+2

Oh oh, but a copy of the Pervy Japanese dominion! Problem solved

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3670 on: March 30, 2015, 05:22:02 pm »

Include more scantily dressed women In Your streams. That will boost attendance

So say we all.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +856
    • View Profile
« Reply #3671 on: April 01, 2015, 03:12:27 pm »

I wonder if the "amended" post counts that are today's April Fools joke are generated randomly, or from an algorithm based on correct post count.

+1 available for first documented correct answer.
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3672 on: April 01, 2015, 03:13:17 pm »
+1

I wonder if the "amended" post counts that are today's April Fools joke are generated randomly, or from an algorithm based on correct post count.

It's based on how much Theory likes you * the amount of times Robz says Scout - the amount of fingers you have on your left hand

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2479
    • View Profile
« Reply #3673 on: April 01, 2015, 03:21:00 pm »
+1

Ozle's algorithm, while correct, is surprisingly equivalent to your actual number of posts, including forum games which are normally not counted.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3674 on: April 01, 2015, 03:23:10 pm »
+2

The change is simply that posts in the Forum Games subforum are counted.
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 230  All

Page created in 1.468 seconds with 20 queries.