Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 230  All

Author Topic: Random Stuff Part II  (Read 1225329 times)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12870
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: Random Stuff Part II
« Reply #2425 on: December 28, 2014, 09:00:27 pm »

Does anyone know a reason why I shouldn't buy an Asus X550JK-XO065H? I need a more portable PC for my home studio/live electronic music performances and it seems to be one of the very few options that are powerful enough and within my budget. Windows 8) and the low resolution are annoying, but probably not going to be problematic, and I'm not going to need the laptop for gaming.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 09:08:52 pm by Awaclus »
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2856
    • View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: December 28, 2014, 10:58:38 pm »

Does anyone know a reason why I shouldn't buy an Asus X550JK-XO065H? I need a more portable PC for my home studio/live electronic music performances and it seems to be one of the very few options that are powerful enough and within my budget. Windows 8) and the low resolution are annoying, but probably not going to be problematic, and I'm not going to need the laptop for gaming.

As someone who recently spent forever trying to find a laptop with similar specs - no, this is pretty much the best you're going to get that's within a budget of <$1000. The closest alternatives I could find was the Lenovo Y50, which is more expensive but has a slightly better graphics card. Probably not enough to matter.

I ended up buying a Lenovo Edge 15, which is Best Buy exclusive as it turns out, so unless you have a local store it might not even be an option for you. That one was $899 for everything the same, a slightly weaker processor (i7-4700 vs i7-4710). It's a bit thinner but a bit wider and I preferred the thinness.

The ASUS is probably a little worse on battery life but it still looks like a good machine.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
  • Respect: +3360
    • View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: December 29, 2014, 11:03:39 am »

My computer is broke'd

Boots up fine, loads windows fine. Can start opening up stuff, then about 2 minutes later....poof, restarts.

Very annoying.
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: December 29, 2014, 05:04:46 pm »
+2

Wut.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2221
    • View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: December 30, 2014, 12:44:26 am »
+1

Man, I wish I could get myself a super ho.
A man has no signature

enfynet

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1162
    • View Profile
    • JD's Custom Clubs
« Reply #2430 on: December 30, 2014, 01:24:54 am »

My computer is broke'd

Boots up fine, loads windows fine. Can start opening up stuff, then about 2 minutes later....poof, restarts.

Very annoying.
virus?
"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious."

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7866
    • View Profile
« Reply #2431 on: December 30, 2014, 03:11:23 pm »

Finally gave in and bought a PS4, though their games so far seem pretty lacking.  I bought Diablo III, and am waiting for a (long) download.  The purchase came with a voucher for one of: Destiny, Farcry 4, Little Big Planet 3, or lame_sports_game_0001.  Obviously lame sports game is out. (I'm not sure why they even make those games.)  Both Destiny and Farcry 4 look to be first-person shooters, and therefore pretty weak.  (The last first-person shooter game I played was Doom.)  Is there anything to those games?  I read Destiny has some RPG elements.

Little Big Planet is a puzzle game, apparently, so it looks like a winner.  Has anyone played it?

Has anyone tried the PSNow thing?  It looks like they offer PSX, X<4, games for streaming, but apparently they charge per time unit, which seems pretty bad for any kind of game you'd actually want to play.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: December 30, 2014, 03:24:46 pm »

Farcry 4 I heard is the same as Farcry 3, which to be fair I really really enjoyed. It's not just a blast em' up. There are stealth elements, RPG elements, as the level design in Farcry 3 was pretty good. Also if you like exploration, they usually have some cool stuff to see around the map. The stealth was the big part, with lots of cool moves and options on how to complete areas.

I only know Little Big Planet by name, but I think people said it was good. I don't know anything about it though.

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2856
    • View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: December 30, 2014, 03:49:14 pm »

Little Big Planet is mostly platformer. From what I've seen of it, it's not really a puzzle game. There might be some small puzzles in figuring out the right way to go through the level, but it's a platforming game first.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
  • Respect: +1793
    • View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: December 30, 2014, 04:36:04 pm »

The platforming aspects of Little Big Planet are solid. But if you're anything like me, the real appeal is the creative, sandboxy nature of the game. I don't own a Playstation, but there was one in our dorm one summer, and my buddy and I spent hours designing enormous glass calculators, flying segmented dragon robots, war elephants that spawn other paratrooping mini-elephants, etc. Really addictive and fun.
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2435 on: December 30, 2014, 05:37:30 pm »

Finally gave in and bought a PS4, though their games so far seem pretty lacking.  I bought Diablo III, and am waiting for a (long) download.  The purchase came with a voucher for one of: Destiny, Farcry 4, Little Big Planet 3, or lame_sports_game_0001.  Obviously lame sports game is out. (I'm not sure why they even make those games.)  Both Destiny and Farcry 4 look to be first-person shooters, and therefore pretty weak.  (The last first-person shooter game I played was Doom.)  Is there anything to those games?  I read Destiny has some RPG elements.

Little Big Planet is a puzzle game, apparently, so it looks like a winner.  Has anyone played it?

Has anyone tried the PSNow thing?  It looks like they offer PSX, X<4, games for streaming, but apparently they charge per time unit, which seems pretty bad for any kind of game you'd actually want to play.

I've tried but not owned Little Big Planet 1 and 2. Both were super fun and I imagine it's only going to get better if you actually own the game.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: December 30, 2014, 07:46:38 pm »

I think I'm done with the Moat joke, time to find a new one

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: December 30, 2014, 08:14:51 pm »
+1

Is it mint?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 10:27:56 am by pacovf »
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2438 on: December 30, 2014, 08:25:37 pm »
+3

JoaT?

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: December 30, 2014, 09:24:45 pm »
+1

You?

enfynet

• Torturer
    • View Profile
    • JD's Custom Clubs
« Reply #2440 on: December 30, 2014, 09:55:50 pm »
+2

If I had to chose between lame-future-rpg, or lame-open-world-shooter, or lame-platformer-puzzle-game, or lame-sports-clone... I'd choose something from the mid-late 90s.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: December 30, 2014, 10:14:28 pm »
+1

If I had to chose between lame-future-rpg, or lame-open-world-shooter, or lame-platformer-puzzle-game, or lame-sports-clone... I'd choose something from the mid-late 90s.

Yeah, not all games are terrible. But the choices presented aren't great. Did you play Dishonored? The Evil Within? GTA V? Those are all worth the money. Ubisoft games are not worth buying new ever, and Destiny looks generic. Sports games aren't games. LBP I know nothing about like I said. Also, not all 90's games are good.

enfynet

• Torturer
    • View Profile
    • JD's Custom Clubs
« Reply #2442 on: December 30, 2014, 11:00:55 pm »
+1

I've played GTA V story mode. Not online. It was pretty good. So far, the "newest" game(s) I've enjoyed the most are the Portal games, and Fallout 3. Sadly, I cannot usually stay interested in a game long enough to finish something like Skyrim. It was a beautiful game though.

Also, I suck at video games. Except the Madden series and Tiger Woods series, which, as mentioned before, aren't really video games. I'd rather play real football or real golf instead anyways.

I do enjoy SketchUp. Also, NoLimits Coaster Simulation with FVD design software.

On PC I like playing Age of Empires II, on easy difficulty. RollerCoaster Tycoon is fun sometimes too.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: December 31, 2014, 01:30:07 am »

I've played GTA V story mode. Not online. It was pretty good. So far, the "newest" game(s) I've enjoyed the most are the Portal games, and Fallout 3. Sadly, I cannot usually stay interested in a game long enough to finish something like Skyrim. It was a beautiful game though.

Also, I suck at video games. Except the Madden series and Tiger Woods series, which, as mentioned before, aren't really video games. I'd rather play real football or real golf instead anyways.

I do enjoy SketchUp. Also, NoLimits Coaster Simulation with FVD design software.

On PC I like playing Age of Empires II, on easy difficulty. RollerCoaster Tycoon is fun sometimes too.

GTA online isn't that good. Easily skipable. Skyrim is fun, but it does get repetitive. I just really enjoy exploration. Fallout 3 and New Vegas were amazing, NV being the only game I've played more than 3 times. I found something new everytime I played.

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: December 31, 2014, 05:00:41 am »

JoaT?

Naah, a whole new fun thing to put in threads.

Being Eevee on Isotropic....Done
Alternate Accounts...Done
Is Isotropic Down....Done
Moat......Done
Hiding random song lyrics in posts.....Done

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2445 on: December 31, 2014, 05:01:45 am »
+1

GTA online isn't that good. Easily skipable. Skyrim is fun, but it does get repetitive. I just really enjoy exploration. Fallout 3 and New Vegas were amazing, NV being the only game I've played more than 3 times. I found something new everytime I played.

fallout 3 was awesome

But I dont have the time to invest 40+ hours into games, and I hate missingthings, two things that do not go well together.

Has anyone played 80 days game on the ios yet? Quite enjoyed that.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7866
    • View Profile
« Reply #2446 on: December 31, 2014, 12:21:00 pm »

JoaT?

Naah, a whole new fun thing to put in threads.

Being Eevee on Isotropic....Done
Alternate Accounts...Done
Is Isotropic Down....Done
Moat......Done
Hiding random song lyrics in posts.....Done

Is the hidden song lyric in this post the pause suggested by "..."?

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2221
    • View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: December 31, 2014, 12:53:43 pm »

The hidden lyric is from "Daybreaker" by ELO. Very clever, Ozle.
A man has no signature

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1084
    • View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: December 31, 2014, 03:56:19 pm »

I just played my first game of Dominion in months and I won pretty convincingly. After the game I said my customary "gg" and clicked done but not before seeing my opponent say "no". I'm glad I didn't catch what he was about to say after that.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 04:36:12 pm by AndrewisFTTW »
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

GeoLib

• Jester
  • Respect: +1265
    • View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: December 31, 2014, 04:17:18 pm »
+1

I just played my first game of Dominion is months and I won pretty convincingly. After the game I said my customary "gg" and clicked done but not before seeing my opponent say "no". I'm glad I didn't catch what he was about to say after that.

Oooh! A return to the online etiquette debate. I've heard a number of people say that they consider it poor form to say "gg" as the winner before the loser says "gg." Personally, I would not be offended, but I have changed my behaviour so as to avoid causing offense to others.
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 230  All

Page created in 1.901 seconds with 20 queries.