Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Black Market and Treasures in Play  (Read 2398 times)

MHofer84

• Pawn
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
Black Market and Treasures in Play
« on: August 16, 2014, 12:36:21 am »

When resolving Black Market, and playing Treasure cards to buy from the BM deck, do the treasure cards played remain in play until the end of your clean-up phase or are they discarded?

I see nothing in the rules specifying that they're discarded, so my assumption would be that they remain in play until Clean-up (especially since un-spent treasure played during BM resolution can be used later in the turn during your Buy phase proper) but want to confirm.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
  • Respect: +1364
    • View Profile
Re: Black Market and Treasures in Play
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 12:41:40 am »
+1

They stay in play

(Enter a bunch of other people explaining the same thing in more words)
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2706
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 12:44:25 am »
+6

They stay in play

They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

TWoos

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +89
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 09:13:10 am »
+1

They stay in play

They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play They stay in play

Wait...  you mean they stay in play?

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2014, 09:48:19 am »

yeah, they stay in play.

Which is why Black Market is so strong with tactician.  You play, Black market, play your treasures, then play tactician.  You can still use the treasures that you have in play during your buy phase
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3412
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2014, 09:57:25 am »

You can play Treasures for Black Market, but you can't spend Coins.

Another rule I learned the hard way,

Also, Peddler will always cost $8 in the Black Market deck.

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

soulnet

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1751
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2014, 12:51:27 pm »
+5

You can play Treasures for Black Market, but you can't spend Coins tokens.

Fixed that for you.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.761 seconds with 21 queries.