Miscellaneous > General Discussion

Movies: Any movie buffs?

<< < (2/299) > >>

Davio:
I enjoy a wide variety of movies.

From the ancient IMDB top dogs like Casablanca, The Maltese Falcon and 12 Angry Men to 00's action pulp like Transformers.
I even watched 7 Samurai on DVD which has a fifteen minute break burned into the movie. Out of respect I decided to take that break and grab some popcorn. It's over 3 hours long, so that break was much appreciated.

I don't watch that many movies lately, but I tend to watch the superhero ones, because if you want a guaranteed box office hit, just make Batman 12 or Superman 7. I'm still waiting for Aquaman with Vincent Chase as the lead.

I'm not particularly snobbish about the movies I watch and like. I like James Bond and Disney movies (especially the old ones), sometimes a romantic comedy with the Mrs or a good documentary.

KingZog3:

--- Quote from: enfynet on August 14, 2014, 02:01:49 am ---Guardians of the Galaxy.

Honestly though, I enjoy movies enough to understand that a lot of what I like is not what movie snobs consider artistic. I also know that most of those artistic films, while great in structure and story, don't need a 30-60 foot wide screen to make their point.

I think Avatar was grossly overrated, but everything it did was done with style most appreciated in the experience of a cinema.

I think Christopher Nolan, M. Night Shamalanadingdong, and Michael Bay think THEY are why people see their movies, and shove it in your face that you are watching one of their movies every chance they get.

I immensely enjoy the recent Marvel Studios franchise.

I am a huge Disney fan. From the parks to the animation to the decision to bring Pixar, Marvel, and Lucasfilm under the mouse ears.

I think the AFI lists are good starting points for quality content connoisseurs. I think the IMDB top 250 is a good starting point for those wanting a taste of American Blockbusters.

So what do I suggest you see? It depends on what you like. If you like Guy Ritchie, watch Snatch. If you like Kubrick, watch Dr Strangelove. If you like Spielburg, watch Raiders of the Lost Ark. If you like James Cameron, watch Abyss.

Give me a clue and I can help find something you enjoy. And if you enjoy anything, watch The Room.

--- End quote ---

I do enjoy a lot of movies too. The marvel superhero movies are really fun to watch. Snatch is one of my favourite movies, as is Lock, Stock, and Two Smocking Barrels. I enjoy good writing, probably above other things, but really I want to watch pretty much anything that people think is good. I've seen some Kubrick (Clockwork Orange and Space Odyssey). Seen a lot of Tarantino. I mean, anything really, just I have no ideas of what to watch on my own. I'm not snobbish either about movies, I enjoy thinking about them though, and Marvel movies, while really entertaining (could watch wolverine beat up everyone 5 times over), are't really thought provoking.

--- Quote from: Davio on August 14, 2014, 04:14:41 am ---I enjoy a wide variety of movies.

From the ancient IMDB top dogs like Casablanca, The Maltese Falcon and 12 Angry Men to 00's action pulp like Transformers.
I even watched 7 Samurai on DVD which has a fifteen minute break burned into the movie. Out of respect I decided to take that break and grab some popcorn. It's over 3 hours long, so that break was much appreciated.

I don't watch that many movies lately, but I tend to watch the superhero ones, because if you want a guaranteed box office hit, just make Batman 12 or Superman 7. I'm still waiting for Aquaman with Vincent Chase as the lead.

I'm not particularly snobbish about the movies I watch and like. I like James Bond and Disney movies (especially the old ones), sometimes a romantic comedy with the Mrs or a good documentary.

--- End quote ---

12 Angry men is good. I read the play too. And the revamped Aquaman is really cool, I agree he needs a movie :P.

Witherweaver:
Mulholland Drive!

And everything Lynch.

Jack Rudd:
Nine of my film recommendations, in a handy Alignment Chart for reference:

KingZog3:
12 angry men, I don't know, I don't know, I don't know, uh don't know it, nope, no, don't recognise it, can't recognise it. Title's please?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version