Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Book to Film and TV  (Read 7192 times)

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
  • Respect: +356
    • View Profile
Re: Book to Film and TV
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2014, 04:14:32 pm »

Funny, I actually hate her. Not the character (well, that too) but I feel like it severly undercuts the impactof the Red Wedding and is overall one resurrection too many. I'm curious to see where things go with Jaime and Brienne, and obviously there are some interesting things going on thematically with her, but past the initial shock, I really disliked the whole thing.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

ashersky

• Mountebank
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1520
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2014, 04:40:17 pm »

What's nice about Under the Dome is that Stephen King is involved in making the show, so it's still "his" thing.  Plus, the book was fine, but it's not like King's stuff is high art.  It's a great read, and that's good enough for me.

There is WAY more nudity/sex in True Blood than in the Sookie Stackhouse books.  I mean, the books have a tinge of crap romance novel in it to keep the female readership loyal, but the HBO version is made to keep the guys watching the show with the female readers.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
  • Respect: +867
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2014, 08:12:22 pm »

Funny, I actually hate her. Not the character (well, that too) but I feel like it severly undercuts the impactof the Red Wedding and is overall one resurrection too many. I'm curious to see where things go with Jaime and Brienne, and obviously there are some interesting things going on thematically with her, but past the initial shock, I really disliked the whole thing.
Me too. Of course, we can't know what GRRM has planned for her, but as of now I'm hopign they'll cut her. If she ends up being awesome somewhere down the road, I'll revisit this.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 1.69 seconds with 21 queries.