Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 62  All

Author Topic: M49: James Bond Mafia - Town wins!  (Read 185672 times)

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
Re: M49: James Bond Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #425 on: August 31, 2014, 09:18:46 pm »

And what's townie about Hydrad?

Because I'm town and hes scum and he might get town cred for if I get lynched!

I really hope I'm not wrong about you XP. If you are town and I'm tunneling you like this I'll feel really bad. But I just have a feeling that your scum
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: August 31, 2014, 10:43:06 pm »

Voltaire is still acting arbitrarily, which makes his lynch doable, since even if he's town, he's still not acting very pro-town, and he hasn't done much towny in the first place.

I have been following my reads. Real life is much busier - the Voltaire of the past is a thing of the past. But WW still gets it

I think this is town Voltaire, and finger of suspicion on XP for seemingly trying to propose  an "eh, why not?" lynch.

and at the risk of falling for buddying this ups my town read on him.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: September 01, 2014, 12:34:51 am »

Twisted archer forgetting sudgy was a pseudo-IC is a pretty big deal. Wasn't there a game where town caught scum in more or less exactly that way?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: September 01, 2014, 01:09:46 am »

When was that?  And isn't town much more likely to forget an IC than scum is? 

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: September 01, 2014, 01:12:26 am »

Twisted archer forgetting sudgy was a pseudo-IC is a pretty big deal. Wasn't there a game where town caught scum in more or less exactly that way?
Are you saying this makes TA town or scum?

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: September 01, 2014, 01:39:38 am »

I'm thinking it would be more scummy? Because to scum you just have your team and know you need to kill all the other people. That's how I feel about it.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: September 01, 2014, 08:28:50 am »

In any case it's not a very big deal.

vote: joth

Maybe other people can reread him, please?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: September 01, 2014, 09:16:24 am »

Scum already knows who town is (more or less; there could be a SK). Town doesn't. So when someone gets confirmed town, town players will lock that information away, but scum players might forget about it. For them it wasn't new.

I swear there is a historical example of this exact slip up in an F.DS game. I was hoping one of you remembered it so we could look to it and see whether the person ended up being scum or not.

XP, do you have a case on me besides OMGUS? Because if you do I would love to address it.

Witherweaver, I'm on my mobile so it's sort of a pain to quote, but I'll go back and find the post for you after I post this.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: September 01, 2014, 09:16:51 am »

Sudgy strikes me as his idealistic town self

He/him

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: September 01, 2014, 09:24:26 am »

On the other hand scum needs to keep their list under control so that they wouldn't slip or have inconsistent "reads". Town just forgets about players sometimes.

Honestly, I think this is arguably more evidence towards towniness than anything.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: September 01, 2014, 10:33:49 am »

I'm thinking it would be more scummy? Because to scum you just have your team and know you need to kill all the other people. That's how I feel about it.

This reason doesn't really make sense -- it just seems like you're trying to get anything to stick on anyone right now.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: September 01, 2014, 10:34:47 am »

vote:hydrad

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: September 01, 2014, 10:51:06 am »

Huzzah! We can do this.

Also, gone all day due to labor day, and maybe not around tomorrow for the deadline (work). I'll check in at least once, hopefully more, between now and deadline should I need to move my vote.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: September 01, 2014, 12:18:39 pm »

not so fast fillies, i want to make a case on Twistedracher first. here is a compilation of most of his posts.

Hi everyone! I've read the thread but honestly not a super lot of thoughts thus far.

no content, but overly polite

Did I miss a mason claim? Ww and sudgy? I see several references but no claims.

Who are masons? And why did you claim so early d1?

playing confused and innocent

Sudgy strikes me as his idealistic town self

Quote from: sudgy
Well, I am confirmed town pretty much...

Oh right sorry.

a town slip? maybe. or just another attempt to seem towny?

Did I miss a mason claim? Ww and sudgy? I see several references but no claims.

Who are masons? And why did you claim so early d1?
SK and sudgy. SK got worried about sudgy's wagon.

It's not confirmed, but looks relatively certain.

Ok, we can wait for confirmation but I'd believe it. Probably came out too early if thats what it was but not much you can do at this point. Masons are very strong.

let us not make any enemies. just be friendly to everyone.

Town read on silver spawn for me. I'm more suspicious of hydrad than xp but I don't have strong feelings on either one, I guess. Hydrad's post where he basically said "but I've always been town, and I'm similar this game, so I must be town here" stuck out the most to me.

again. i vote for him. his reaction is to post a town read on me. just stay on the safe side.

and now we get this:

Re-reading, and this post moves me from 95% convinced to 99.9% convinced that SK and sudgy are town:

I think it is just too easy for one of us to get killed. A smart scum team would leave us alive to blame us, yes? So yeah, kill one of us if you want proof. Preferably me, I suck at this game and Sudgy is a better player.

Looking just at how this whole thing went down with existing:

Robz888
Hydrad
silverspawn
jotheonah
Eevee - pointing out in-thread is doubleplus town
Kingzog3
Witherweaver
chairs
Voltaire
XerxesPraelor
sudgy
SK

Twistedarcher

Townier reads on WW, Silver, Zog, joth (these are the most tentative). Leaving scum in Hydrad, Robz, chairs, XP, TA.

This list seems extremely correlated with activity level thus far -- would you agree, or is that just a coincidence?

Quote from: Twistedarcher
This reason doesn't really make sense -- it just seems like you're trying to get anything to stick on anyone right now.

He can't just be friendly to everyone, that would look suspicious, so he does attack some people, but he does it in the safest way humanly possible.  make a careful remark about Votlaire's list. jump on the hydrad wagon - not last, not first, just somewhere in the middle.

I mean, this could totally be a careful town play, but I could also see a scum playing exactly like this. Don't post much; just post enough to not stick out. Don't do anything crazy, that will get you killed. Make a few redundant comments, post a few nice town reads on people that are either confirmed town anyway or that might attack you. be nice to everyone. if there is an opportunity, make some accusations that will be popular. In the end, go silently onto the wagon. A town will be lynched, but there is no reason for anyone to suspect you more than the others.

Honestly, this makes me not want to lynch Hydrad so much anymore. Can't we do Twist instead?

And before anyone thinks I'm trying to defend my scum buddy - the possibility that you spare Hydrad now is not big enough to justify the risk that I'm putting myself in when Hydrad flips scum.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: September 01, 2014, 12:20:10 pm »

And I'll probably still do hydrad if it's necessary.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: September 01, 2014, 12:23:16 pm »

Silverspawn, that post looks to me like you decided I was scum, then tried to explain every post I've made to explain that narrative. A lot of the reasons for a post being scummy could just as easily go the other way, you're just trying to paint examples to fit the narrative you already came up with.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: September 01, 2014, 01:39:07 pm »

Man, that's actually a pretty elite day 1 case.

Even enough to make me want to Vote: TA

I'll have great availability until the deadline.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: September 01, 2014, 01:47:31 pm »

You're kidding right? It's all based on interpreting actions for every single post I make in the most negative light.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: September 01, 2014, 01:48:49 pm »

You're kidding right? It's all based on interpreting actions for every single post I make in the most negative light.
It's creating a narrative for you being scum that's very believable. In my opinion the most believable anyone's been able to present this far.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: September 01, 2014, 01:52:42 pm »

I could create a narrative for anyone in this game if that's what passes as an elite case. Seriously my intro post is scummy because it's "overly polite"? That's just him digging for anything he can to paint me scummy, not looking at the evidence and then drawing a conclusion from it.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: September 01, 2014, 01:53:57 pm »

There is a bit of a point that Silverspawn has, in that there is nothing really major of substantive in TA's post.  Lots of town reads.  Sometimes you find yourself doing that as scum because, well, you actually know they're town.

Though Silver could have only highlighted TA's "nice and friendly" posts. 

I still like Hydrad better.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: September 01, 2014, 01:54:05 pm »

I could create a narrative for anyone in this game if that's what passes as an elite case. Seriously my intro post is scummy because it's "overly polite"? That's just him digging for anything he can to paint me scummy, not looking at the evidence and then drawing a conclusion from it.
I mean, he was selling it for us, soon. The few meaningless comments don't negate the overall picture he paints.

If there are scummier narratives you can build, show me. I'm open to moving my vote.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: September 01, 2014, 01:54:18 pm »

This is technically true, but also technically independent of your alignment.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: September 01, 2014, 02:16:21 pm »

I mean, he was selling it for us, soon. The few meaningless comments don't negate the overall picture he paints.

If there are scummier narratives you can build, show me. I'm open to moving my vote.

I think hydrad is decently scummy but really I don't have a slam dunk case, sorry. I really just don't know who scum is, I'm fine lynching hydrad, no one has stuck out as "yup, definitely scum" though... I mean it's d1!

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: September 01, 2014, 02:33:53 pm »

I'll have you know that i did full rereads on roughly half of all non-IC Players. The ones that stuck out most were you and Hydrad, with you being the obvious #1. Noone else has played so much like I would expect it from a fairly new scum.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 62  All

Page created in 2.001 seconds with 21 queries.