Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64]  All

Author Topic: Forum Survivor (And The Winner Is...)  (Read 119670 times)

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
Re: Forum Survivor (And The Winner Is...)
« Reply #1575 on: August 18, 2014, 06:35:42 pm »

A few people from mafiascum are going to be doing a marathon skype survivor game on Friday and Saturday evenings (it'd probably be something like premerge on Friday, merge on Saturday) if anyone's interested in joining. No mike needed. We've got 10 players so far.

That sounds interesting. Have they done one yet to see how it goes?

Also, you could refer some of the more enthusiastic ones here to join season 2! [/end shameless plug]
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: August 18, 2014, 08:04:50 pm »

A few people from mafiascum are going to be doing a marathon skype survivor game on Friday and Saturday evenings (it'd probably be something like premerge on Friday, merge on Saturday) if anyone's interested in joining. No mike needed. We've got 10 players so far.

That sounds interesting. Have they done one yet to see how it goes?

Also, you could refer some of the more enthusiastic ones here to join season 2! [/end shameless plug]
They've had quite a few. The biggest issues are with people having to leave and not coming back, but that only really happens with the newer players. I've played in one of the skype survivors and one skype big brother and both were pretty fun. I got to F3 in Big Brother but was the clear favorite so the winner of the final HoH evicted me, dangit! I'll ask if they're interested in doing forum survivor here, but they do like four forum survivors a year so probably not?
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: August 18, 2014, 08:09:39 pm »

How would that even work? Could you create as many sessions as you want with whatever subsets of people you like? You'd have to exclude yourself from public discussions in order to have private discussions, which would make it pretty obvious who was strategising.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: August 18, 2014, 08:13:58 pm »

How would that even work? Could you create as many sessions as you want with whatever subsets of people you like? You'd have to exclude yourself from public discussions in order to have private discussions, which would make it pretty obvious who was strategising.
Sort of. We don't use microphones, so it's all text based, which makes it less obvious who's strategizing and who's just inactive for a minute or two. And yeah, last game I played I ended up talking directly to four or five people, and created three or four chatrooms to have an easier time solidifying a few alliances.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #1579 on: August 18, 2014, 08:44:19 pm »

So do they do asynchronous versions of the game like this one? If so, I wonder if there's someone I could talk to about ideas for next season...

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: August 18, 2014, 09:42:46 pm »

So do they do asynchronous versions of the game like this one? If so, I wonder if there's someone I could talk to about ideas for next season...
Oh for sure, there are tons.

Here's a list of them with links if you want to get ideas for next season: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Survivor_%28Mish_Mash_Game%29

If you make a mafiascum account you probably can get into contact with the mods via PM, or I can give you their skype handles (I know most of the ones from this past year).

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #1581 on: August 26, 2014, 10:03:28 am »

So I've done a LOT of looking through these things, and there are a LOT of ideas. This was a great find, Axxle. Thanks!

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: September 02, 2014, 07:12:14 am »

Yay! Glad I could help.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64]  All

Page created in 1.597 seconds with 20 queries.