Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 51  All

Author Topic: M48: Legend of Zelda Mafia GAME OVER, SCUM WINS  (Read 112501 times)

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: M48: Legend of Zelda Mafia (Day Six)
« Reply #1150 on: September 21, 2014, 05:47:17 pm »

Well we do have a deadline at this point (2 days from now), but I agree... I keep putting my reread of this off (despite it being a pretty short thread all things considered) because there's little urgency. I should do it tomorrow though...

Well when I say we have no deadline, I mean, if we don't lynch today, scum won't kill tonight (if they do that should be better for us), and then we just keep going tomorrow.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: September 21, 2014, 05:48:11 pm »

Right, I forgot about that.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: September 23, 2014, 02:32:04 pm »

VOTE COUNT 6.4

Hydrad (1): scott_pilgrim

Not voting (3): Hydrad, jimmmmm, Teproc

With 4 alive, it takes 3 to lynch. Day Six ends at 10:00 pm forum time, September 23. That's in less than 8 hours.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: September 23, 2014, 02:32:30 pm »

so what are you thinking teproc
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: September 23, 2014, 02:33:30 pm »

I still need to reread... ok, let's do it now.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: September 23, 2014, 02:36:49 pm »

First update : the Robz/Jimmm avatar thing is disturbing me.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: September 23, 2014, 02:37:57 pm »

Oh, and Arch too. I sympathize with the cause, but this is why I ended up not following through.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: September 23, 2014, 02:43:33 pm »

Right, this day 1 was hijacked by ash, I remember now.

Thanks ash !

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: September 23, 2014, 02:47:09 pm »

Actually I would like to point out that my rereading won't accomplish anything if Jimmmm doesn't.

Also that there actually isn't any time pressure. So if Jimmmm didn't have time to reread, we'll just have to go into night, which will be annoying for everyone but whatever.

I'm still going to reread the whole thread now, but since I'm fairly convinced Jimmmm is town, I'd like to get talk things trough with him.

Request a prod on Jimmmm

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
Re: M48: Legend of Zelda Mafia (Day One)
« Reply #1159 on: September 23, 2014, 02:54:44 pm »

Going back to this....this is crazy huge for such a nonissue so early in a game.  Scared scum for sure.  Robz will back me up.

Sorry this is actually my first time I've had to defend myself in a game. Also I don't really know how to defend on random things that aren't even close to scum tells.

The mythical "you're calling me scum for the wrong reasons !" case ? This is it. There are also several hints of this in the big defense post in question.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: September 23, 2014, 02:59:13 pm »

See, one of the "things" we need to discuss is Andrew's pedantic and neurotic friend, and whether he deserves a kick in the nuts.

WHY ARE YOU SO AFRAID OF THIS SUBJECT ASH?

I would like to pint out that this made me laugh out loud. Well done WW.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: September 23, 2014, 03:01:46 pm »

Actually I would like to point out that my rereading won't accomplish anything if Jimmmm doesn't.

Also that there actually isn't any time pressure. So if Jimmmm didn't have time to reread, we'll just have to go into night, which will be annoying for everyone but whatever.

I'm still going to reread the whole thread now, but since I'm fairly convinced Jimmmm is town, I'd like to get talk things trough with him.

Request a prod on Jimmmm

Prod sent.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: September 23, 2014, 03:07:41 pm »

If you do lynch me, this is all on you.

This should be ash's signature.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: September 23, 2014, 03:17:42 pm »

Huh, ash had a strong town read on S_P, in a game where he had excellent reads (remember who his preferred lynch was on D1 ? Andrew). Worth noting.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: September 23, 2014, 03:18:52 pm »

So whats your case on andrew? To me it seems out of nowhere but you feel like hes the scummiest.

This is in response to ash calling for an Andrew lynch. Definitely works for scum looking to nip the case on a partner in the bud.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: September 23, 2014, 03:30:25 pm »

Jimm is definitely somebody to look at if ash flips town but there's no reason to lynch him today.

This is a fascinating post by the way, considering Andrew did exactly that. A lesson in how scum tends to have mechanical reads : if X is town, then y is scum, etc.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: September 23, 2014, 03:33:31 pm »

Finished day 1 ! Still leaning heavily towards Hydrad, but the scummiest hing S_P has done is recent (his Hydrad reread), so that makes sense.

Day 1 is generally the most revealing day to reread though, so there's that.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: September 23, 2014, 03:35:52 pm »

Oh right, there is also the great tunneling of Robz (by SP) on day 2. We already discussed that I know, but still.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: September 23, 2014, 03:39:53 pm »

In Arch's big reads post, he has a strong town read on Andrew, a strong town read on S_P and a mild scum read on Hydrad.

Subtext : points towards Hydrad. A lot.

He also has a scum read on Jimmmm. I'm trying to remember why I was so sure Jimmmm was town, was it a night actions thing ? I guess I'll find out when I get to it.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: September 23, 2014, 03:43:11 pm »

I forgot Arch was also on the Jimmmm wagon early day 2. That would be pretty heavy bussing.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
Re: M48: Legend of Zelda Mafia (Day Two)
« Reply #1170 on: September 23, 2014, 03:50:34 pm »

Claim the result, trading doc for scum is a great trade for us

Well this doesn't look great...

To clarify : this is after Robz was lynched, claimed Tracker and said he tracked WW and didn't say who he saw. I have no idea what S_P is talking about here, but I know scum would REALLY want to know who was targeting WW (since they didn't, it would be a town PR guaranteed).

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: September 23, 2014, 03:56:21 pm »

Thoughts on Archetype's Back-Up/Tracker claim. I can see two objectives here :

- Out the real UB/Tracker. IN that case, why claim to have seen someone targeting WW when you don"t know ? Maybe he really though Hydrad was the real UB ? Seems unlikely to me, and the problem here is that if you get it wrong, you won't out the UB because the person you're claiming to target will jus counterclaim.

More likely is that he was trying to give Hydrad towncred for counterclaiming him.

Yeah, because you ust won't out the UB by claiming to have seen a random townie do something. That guy would have to happen to be the UB for it to work.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: September 23, 2014, 03:59:59 pm »

Even better : they might not have planned this at all, since they didn't know there would be no kill. By caiming to have targeted his partner Hydrad : he gives him two great options : deny it for the towncred or agree to prepare a Doctor claim, which was a safe claim for scum.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
Re: M48: Legend of Zelda Mafia (Day Four)
« Reply #1173 on: September 23, 2014, 04:07:24 pm »

I'm not a doctor.

Did Teproc townslip?  I think that's what just happened.  Of course it could also be faked.

Also agree with whoever said looking off-wagon (from D3) isn't helpful, though from my perspective Jimm is the only candidate off wagon anyway.  But I think everyone who wasn't voting for Arch yesterday would have eventually (which is why Arch self-hammered to end the day faster).

Based on Teproc's summary I would say Arch's interactions with Hydrad make Hydrad look scummy.  But I remember feeling like I had a town read on Hydrad.  I'll need to reread him later.  Oh yeah, there was that thing where he denied Arch's results on him yesterday.  And that couldn't have been planned because they didn't see the no kill until the day started.  So either I think that was just scum making a really bold play, or town who was legitimately confused, I think the latter is more likely.

But Andrew should be the preferred lynch today anyway if no docs claim.  Though if Andrew is scum and there is no doc, his partner might fakeclaim doc to protect him?  I'm not sure whether that's more or less dangerous for them...

This is S_P's first post on day 3. At this point we're in full "people need to claim "Not Doctor", because if there's no doctor, Andrew is scum".

Obviously whoever is the third partner knew they had a choice between fakeclaiming or letting Andrew die. I don't see this post as being that. It looks like town thinking about the situation, especially because he doesn't explicitely claim "not doc", I had to ask him. I find that townie because a VT can forgot that there's even the possibility of them being a PR. Scum doesn't forget that in a situation where that's their big choice.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: September 23, 2014, 04:07:43 pm »

Wait, I missed the first sentence. Disregard everything I just wrote.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 51  All

Page created in 1.692 seconds with 19 queries.