Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Kryptonite cards - cards that kill you every time  (Read 15813 times)

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
Re: Kryptonite cards - cards that kill you every time
« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2014, 08:51:27 pm »

It doesnt rly matter if it collides turn 4 or 5 with a estate, BM + island wins vs BM without it!

that isn't very relevant unfortunately, and i agree that island is a pretty bad card. you'll only want to open with it if there's nothing going on, or if you can trash hovel with it.

I don't know about bad. I mean, it usually get's bought for the VP on it, and it can keep your deck clean in the end game. Of course you don't build a strategy on it like Gardens or Silk Road, but it's pretty useful.

amalloy

• Witch
  • Respect: +620
    • View Profile
    • Twitch stream
« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2014, 04:08:26 am »

It doesnt rly matter if it collides turn 4 or 5 with a estate, BM + island wins vs BM without it!

that isn't very relevant unfortunately, and i agree that island is a pretty bad card. you'll only want to open with it if there's nothing going on, or if you can trash hovel with it.

I don't know about bad. I mean, it usually get's bought for the VP on it, and it can keep your deck clean in the end game. Of course you don't build a strategy on it like Gardens or Silk Road, but it's pretty useful.

As a vanishing pseudo-trasher, it can be very useful for Cornucopia-oriented decks. Island away your Chapel once you're done trashing so that Hunting Party doesn't draw you that useless card anymore; Island away your Provinces so that your Menagerie engine never spins down. These effects can be powerful enough that Island really is "part of the strategy", and not just an opportune two VPs.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3235
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2014, 11:23:29 am »

stables

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12870
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2014, 11:31:34 am »

As a vanishing pseudo-trasher, it can be very useful for Cornucopia-oriented decks. Island away your Chapel once you're done trashing so that Hunting Party doesn't draw you that useless card anymore;
And you don't even have to lose uniques for Fairgrounds! That's synergy right there!
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 21 queries.