Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]  All

Author Topic: Sentinels of the Multiverse Game 3: Game Over, Heroes curbstomb Matriarch  (Read 28163 times)

ghostofmars

• Moneylender
    • View Profile

I could sacrifice living conflagration again, because I have another copy in my hand.
Without galvanize etc. I can inflict 3x damage for a total of 7. If we play for another round, I would play the tornado for 1x 4 damage.

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile

I haven't looked things over too carefully...
I can't do any damage this turn (unless someone lets me draw a card potentially)...

If we can win next turn, then obviously Mist Form can be discarded (won't effect damage done).
If we aren't going to win, I would like to discard Mist Form to Matriarch if Argent Adept can let me play Master of Magic.  I could then Banish the Environment and heal some of that damage (maybe all of it, depending what I draw).

If we aren't winning, and Adept can't let me play a card, I'd rather stay in Mist Form and absorb damage for the team, holding out on a damaging card to drop Mist Form and smash Matriarch's face :)

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile

Ok, yeah, we've got this easy.

Legacy: 5 damage (Back Fist for 5 + Galvanize)

Tachyon: 13 damage (Lightspeed Barrage for 8 + Sonic Vortex for 5)

Argent Adept: 7 damage (Perform and Accompany Alacritous Subdominant, allowing Ra to play Flame Spike for 3 and use Pyre for 4.)

Nightmist: -

Ra - 12 damage (Flame Spike for 3 + Pyre for 4 + the Staff for 5)

Edit: spoiler tags
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 11:03:48 pm by Dsell »
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile

And we can discard anything for the cacophony except the stuff listed above and Inspiring Presence.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile

So... gg?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile

I hope it doesn't take the wind out of anyone's sails for me to analyze the whole turn like that. But I figure if we have a win, take the win. Someone should double-check me, at least.

You're so right that we had it easy this game. The fowls were really never a big issue. We never even saw her flip!

I really love this game.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile

Nah, it's cool, I say take it.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

ghostofmars

• Moneylender
    • View Profile

Gg team, thanks for modding

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile

Good fight.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile

Sounds good to me. Considering the times that the Matriarch has stomped me in the past, I'll take a victory here.

The best time I had with the Matriarch was when Fanatic prevented her from doing damage. We would AOE the birds to kingdom come and laugh at the Matriarch's attempts to hurt us.

So you guys doing Iron Legacy next? *evil grin*
A man has no signature

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile

DSell was wrong, Tachyon does more damage than that...and can do even more...
So, let's see we discard:
Danger Sense, Research Grant, Counterpoint Bulark, Mist Form, and Living Conflagration.
Legacy: Back-fist Strike for 5 damage, Galvanize. (M: 23 HPs)
Tachyon (+1 IP, +1 Nemesis, +1 Galvanize): (deals herself 4 damage) Accelerated Assault for 4(+Burst in discard), Sonic Vortex for 6, Lightspeed Barrage for 10
(M: 3 HPs, for fun I'll note that the Kraken and Mystical Defenses are taken to 1 HP each)
Argent Adept: Alacritous Subdomain, it'd only be right to let Tachyon play another Accelerated Assault destroying the environment cards and finishing Matriarch.

Thus Tachyon defeats her nemesis doing 24 damage to Matriarch in one round, 20 of it on her own turn.
Nightmist and Ra don't even get to go.

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile

In order to do Iron Legacy, we'd need to know the cards in his deck.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile

The heroes finally cornered the Matriarch in a large, open chamber. As they entered the room, she let out a Horrid screech, and the heroes held their hands to their ears in pain. "Don't hold back!" cried Legacy. "We're almost there!"

The noise of Argent Adept's music rose above the dissonant screeching, and Tachyon rushed forward to meet her old foe. "You won't get away this time, bitch!" she snarled, and with a devastating barrage of blows, the Matriarch crumpled to the floor.

Blessed silence fell over the Ruins. The day was saved!
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile

In order to do Iron Legacy, we'd need to know the cards in his deck.

Well, because I'm a sadist, I entered his information.

You can copy it from my copy at: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10JWOPFyRNwxqvcpkbgqzC_Y--RUHUrScMk_I04kCgGU/edit?usp=sharing

Obviously I did not maintain the integrity of the formulas, so you'll have to copy the text only and paste it.

Have fun.
A man has no signature

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile

I have a friend who has the shattered timelines and vengeance expansions, I could see if he'd be willing to loan it me and I could enter the info over the weekend, and then we'd have a lot more to choose from. Come to think of it he'd probably be down to play.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile

We should, uh, do another.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile

Great job team!! This was so fun. And thanks to ADK for modding!

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile

I'll see if I can back-copy all my corrected formulas and improved player sheets over the week.  (and copy in the Iron Legacy data)...that should make it easier for whomever wants to mod the next one.

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile

Okay, Hero sheets and Villain sheets are all updated to the Game2 formulae.
Iron Legacy has been added to the Villain sheets.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile

I made some update sheets with all of the Heroes, Villains and Environments from Shattered Timelines and Vengeance (except for the Vengeful Five, I just lost steam when it came time to put them in, I might do it later this weekend. They might deserve their own spreadsheet.)

Heroes
Villains
Environments

Everything should be working fine but I might have accidentally copied over a formula here or there so pay attention when you mod. Some notes for other mods (just Theorel at this point I think but maybe someone else cares):

-With Spite you have to keep track of which Victims are under the Safehouse. I didn't set aside a separate area for that but you can just do it at the bottom of the Villain cards area I would think.
-More troublesome is La Capitan. You have to keep track of which Hero cards are under her, and I can't think of an easy way to do that with how the sheets are set up. You could do it on each Hero's sheet but then it's hard to keep track of how many there are. Maybe she's just not viable with our setup, which would be sad because I love her flavor.
-The page I made for The Ennead is super clunky, it was one of the last ones I did and I ran out of steam. Theorel can hopefully figure out a better way of setting the sheet up.
-One of the cards in the Freedom Tower Environment (Ironclad Maintenance Bay) cares about which card is on the top of each trash, which means in games with that Environment you have to keep track of the order cards go into the trash, which might be more trouble than it's worth.

As for the next game, I was hoping to play in it, but I can play and mod if people need me too. I assume there's still interest in making it happen.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 11:27:23 pm by A Drowned Kernel »
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]  All

Page created in 1.822 seconds with 19 queries.