Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 282  All

Author Topic: Really bad card ideas  (Read 1860128 times)

Ghacob

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gender
  • J. They/them
  • Respect: +204
    • View Profile
Re: Really bad card ideas
« Reply #5225 on: March 06, 2018, 01:17:38 am »
+3

Boondoggle
$8 Action - Fate
Receive every Boon
Gender happened.

Chase Adolphson

• Conspirator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chase Adolphson
  • I love dominion!
  • Respect: +130
    • View Profile
« Reply #5226 on: March 06, 2018, 01:31:01 am »

Boondoggle
$8 Action - Fate
Receive every Boon

Receive every boon except for 12 of them
I'm glad to be talking with people that like dominion as well.

weesh

• Conspirator
  • MOAR MAGPIES
  • Respect: +351
    • View Profile
« Reply #5227 on: March 06, 2018, 01:33:47 am »
+2

Boondoggle
$8 Action - Fate
Receive every Boon

Hexual
6$ Action - Doom
Each other player receives 6 Hexes

Chase Adolphson

• Conspirator
  • I love dominion!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5228 on: March 06, 2018, 01:35:43 am »

Boondoggle
$8 Action - Fate
Receive every Boon

Hexual
6$ Action - Doom
Each other player receives 6 Hexes

12 hexes

Skumpy

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: skumpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5229 on: March 06, 2018, 01:41:45 am »
+1

Hex
Cost: 19.99
Action - Doom

Play a game of Hex against the player to your left.
If you win, every other player receives the next hex.
He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Drab Emordnilap
  • Luther Bell Hendricks V
  • Respect: +1887
    • View Profile
« Reply #5230 on: March 06, 2018, 09:06:41 am »

Boondoggle
$8 Action - Fate
Receive every Boon

Do I even receive the ones set aside for whatever the name of that card is? (Druid?)

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #5231 on: March 06, 2018, 05:27:27 pm »
+2

Boondoggle
$8 Action - Fate
Receive every Boon

Do I even receive the ones set aside for whatever the name of that card is? (Druid?)

EVERY Boon. Including any theoretical fan-made ones.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

weesh

• Conspirator
  • MOAR MAGPIES
    • View Profile
« Reply #5232 on: March 06, 2018, 06:11:23 pm »
+2

Boondoggle
$8 Action - Fate
Receive every Boon

EVERY Boon. Including any theoretical fan-made ones.

Lighning's Gift
Boon
gain and play a golem.  then the golem runs away.  you can't play villages this turn.

Rain's Gift
Boon
When you play a harvest this turn, +1$.

Minotaur

• Margrave
  • Respect: +3961
    • View Profile
« Reply #5233 on: March 06, 2018, 10:20:45 pm »
+5

Hexadecimal
Event-Doom
Cost: $10

(Once per player per game)
For the rest of the game, the first time each turn that another player's $ reaches or exceeds $10, they take the next Hex.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 11:41:00 pm by Minotaur »
Storyteller/Crown is Donald's Vietnam Watergate.  Alchemy is Donald's Vietnam.  Scout is the time Donald choked on a pretzel.

Chase Adolphson

• Conspirator
  • I love dominion!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5234 on: March 07, 2018, 12:37:35 am »

Hex
Action - Doom

How does a card cost 19.99????????

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #5235 on: March 07, 2018, 01:39:11 am »
+3

Hex
Action - Doom

By being a really bad card idea.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Chase Adolphson

• Conspirator
  • I love dominion!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5236 on: March 07, 2018, 01:53:46 am »

Hex
Action - Doom

By being a really bad card idea.

True

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #5237 on: March 07, 2018, 11:30:31 am »
+2

Hexual Sealing
Treasure-Victory-Reserve
Cost: $4

$1
Put this on your Tavern mat.
-----------
When you would take a Hex, you may instead Call this.
-----------
2 VP
Storyteller/Crown is Donald's Vietnam Watergate.  Alchemy is Donald's Vietnam.  Scout is the time Donald choked on a pretzel.

weesh

• Conspirator
  • MOAR MAGPIES
    • View Profile
« Reply #5238 on: March 07, 2018, 12:30:03 pm »
+2

Next in my series on making the game less fun for everyone...

Stick in the Mud
Action Duration
Cost - $3
+$2
Play an action from your hand. 
Until your next turn, when any other player plays a card with plus actions, it provides no additional actions instead.

The best part of this card, is that it ruins the game, just by being in the kingdom.  you can just leave it, there, DARING your opponents to buy some actions, and then you can leap in and punk them.

Commodore Chuckles

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Commodore Chuckles
  • Respect: +1976
    • View Profile
« Reply #5239 on: March 07, 2018, 10:06:24 pm »

Hexpand
Action - $7
The next time you play a Doom card this turn, each other player gets the next Hex down as well.

Ghacob

• Young Witch
  • J. They/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #5240 on: March 07, 2018, 10:59:41 pm »

Hexpand
Action - $7
The next time you play a Doom card this turn, each other player gets the next Hex down as well.

Not a doom card itself!
Gender happened.

Commodore Chuckles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #5241 on: March 08, 2018, 02:19:17 pm »

Hexpand
Action - $7

Not a doom card itself!

I mean, there are other problems with this card. Leprechaun and Cursed Village are Doom cards but don't give your opponents Hexes. And there's the price. You don't have to think that hard before posting ideas in this thread.

Ghacob

• Young Witch
  • J. They/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #5242 on: March 08, 2018, 03:10:01 pm »

Hexpand
Action - $7

Not a doom card itself!

I mean, there are other problems with this card. Leprechaun and Cursed Village are Doom cards but don't give your opponents Hexes. And there's the price. You don't have to think that hard before posting ideas in this thread.

The Doom subtype means "during setup, bring the Hex pile"

Most interestingly, the card works despite attempting to give out Hexes as a non-Doom card because it's a non-Doom card. It only does something if another card in the Kingdom is responsible for Hexes being there.

There's some interesting (good? probably) space in a card that gives more and more Hexes the more and more you play it, but that's certainly not this card, and name of thread and all that, yes yes.
Gender happened.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5243 on: March 08, 2018, 03:45:43 pm »
+3

Hexpand
Action - $7

Not a doom card itself!

Most interestingly, the card works despite attempting to give out Hexes as a non-Doom card because it's a non-Doom card. It only does something if another card in the Kingdom is responsible for Hexes being there.

There's some interesting (good? probably) space in a card that gives more and more Hexes the more and more you play it, but that's certainly not this card, and name of thread and all that, yes yes.

I'm not a fan of Doom or Fate being types; as they really have no meaning that matters to the game or rules. If the rule really is "take Hexes out of the box", then why don't Hermit, Tournament, Vampire, Pillage, etc have a special type? People have never had an issue just saying "ok, Hermit is in the game, so I need to have the Madman pile available".

Looter is different because having Ruins in the game actually changes the rules of the game; there's another pile you can choose to buy/gain from.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #5244 on: March 08, 2018, 04:53:03 pm »

Hexpand
Action - $7

Not a doom card itself!

I'm not a fan of Doom or Fate being types; as they really have no meaning that matters to the game or rules. If the rule really is "take Hexes out of the box", then why don't Hermit, Tournament, Vampire, Pillage, etc have a special type? People have never had an issue just saying "ok, Hermit is in the game, so I need to have the Madman pile available".

Looter is different because having Ruins in the game actually changes the rules of the game; there's another pile you can choose to buy/gain from.

Arguably, the Ruins and Curses pile don't need to be Supply piles anyway, and/or Ruins could always be available in all games (there's no Curser type).  Whether they contribute toward a three-pile ending or not would change the game a lot, but having no special card types for that kind of thing and having them not be Supply piles would be a decent approach.

Pillage and Marauder share a special pile, so sharing the extra pile doesn't seem to be what determines what gets its own card type, either.  Knight and Spirit get some convenient wording benefits, but "card-that-is-one-of-these" or "card-that-comes-from-the-Knights-pile" would also work, awkwardly.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5245 on: March 08, 2018, 05:54:51 pm »

Hexpand
Action - $7

Not a doom card itself!

Arguably, the Ruins and Curses pile don't need to be Supply piles anyway, and/or Ruins could always be available in all games (there's no Curser type).  Whether they contribute toward a three-pile ending or not would change the game a lot, but having no special card types for that kind of thing and having them not be Supply piles would be a decent approach.

Pillage and Marauder share a special pile, so sharing the extra pile doesn't seem to be what determines what gets its own card type, either.  Knight and Spirit get some convenient wording benefits, but "card-that-is-one-of-these" or "card-that-comes-from-the-Knights-pile" would also work, awkwardly.

I don't see how Ruins could just be always available, because you need to have an expansion to have them. You could say they're always available if at least 1 Dark Ages card is in the Kingdom I suppose.

I would assume that Curses were made to be in every game because it was the base set; having special types and sometimes-used cards would have added extra complexity. Plus, you would then lose out on interesting cards like Ambassador and Swindler, which don't mention "Curse" but can interact with Curses well. You'd either have to have the special type on them, which would give away the combo, or not have it, in which case you wouldn't be able to do certain things.

Chase Adolphson

• Conspirator
  • I love dominion!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5246 on: March 08, 2018, 06:42:40 pm »
+1

Hexer
Action
Cost: -5
Receive all of the hexes

Commodore Chuckles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #5247 on: March 08, 2018, 10:12:02 pm »
+3

Clue
Landmark

At any point in the game, a player may guess aloud the names of the 3 cards set aside by this Landmark, then look at them. If they guessed correctly, they reveal all 3 cards and take all of the VP from here. Otherwise, they put them back face down, gain 2 Curses and are not allowed to guess again.

Setup: Randomly select a single card from 3 kingdom piles; one depicting a person, one depicting an object, and one depicting a location. Set them aside face down. Put 15 VP here.

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #5248 on: March 08, 2018, 11:02:20 pm »

Hexer
Action
Cost: -5
Receive all of the hexes

It's Dominion, Charlie Brown!  *Beagle dance*

Chase Adolphson

• Conspirator
  • I love dominion!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5249 on: March 09, 2018, 12:27:02 am »

Clue
Landmark

At any point in the game, a player may guess aloud the names of the 3 cards set aside by this Landmark, then look at them. If they guessed correctly, they reveal all 3 cards and take all of the VP from here. Otherwise, they put them back face down, gain 2 Curses and are not allowed to guess again.

Setup: Randomly select a single card from 3 kingdom piles; one depicting a person, one depicting an object, and one depicting a location. Set them aside face down. Put 15 VP here.

2 games in 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 282  All

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 21 queries.