Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 282  All

Author Topic: Really bad card ideas  (Read 1870181 times)

Minotaur

• Margrave
  • Respect: +3961
    • View Profile
Re: Really bad card ideas
« Reply #4675 on: September 11, 2016, 03:31:39 pm »
+2

Monte Carlo Scout
Action
Cost: $7

Shuffle all the Supply piles into a single pile, face down.  Reveal the top four cards of the Supply pile.  Put the Victory cards into your hand.  Return the rest of the cards to their original supply piles, face up.
Storyteller/Crown is Donald's Vietnam Watergate.  Alchemy is Donald's Vietnam.  Scout is the time Donald choked on a pretzel.

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #4676 on: September 11, 2016, 03:46:57 pm »

(It plays better on Goko.)
Storyteller/Crown is Donald's Vietnam Watergate.  Alchemy is Donald's Vietnam.  Scout is the time Donald choked on a pretzel.

majiponi

• Jester
  • Respect: +734
    • View Profile
« Reply #4677 on: September 12, 2016, 04:43:36 am »
+1

Perfect Freeze
cost $9 - Action - Duration
Now and at the start of your next turn:
+$3
+1 Buy
You may put your deck into your discard pile.

McGarnacle

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: McGarnacle
  • So, ya like doughnuts, eh?
  • Respect: +641
    • View Profile
« Reply #4678 on: September 12, 2016, 09:46:16 am »

Perfect Freeze
cost $9 - Action - Duration
Now and at the start of your next turn:
+$3
+1 Buy
You may put your deck into your discard pile.

This actually might work with some tweaking.
This is exactly the kind of deep analysis I come to f.ds for. 

Forum Mafia Record
Town 1/2 50%
Scum 0/0

singletee

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: singletee
  • Gold, Silver, Copper, Let's Jam!
  • Respect: +1609
    • View Profile
« Reply #4679 on: September 12, 2016, 06:33:26 pm »
+3

On a completely different note, I would like it if Events popped up in the BM deck as well.

I envision a Quantum Market filled with Landmarks that start acting only once they are observed.

Landmarket
Action - $3
+1 VP
Reveal 3 Landmarks at random from outside the game. Choose one to be added to the game and return the rest. (Current Landmarks stay in the game.)

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #4680 on: September 12, 2016, 06:47:24 pm »

On a completely different note, I would like it if Events popped up in the BM deck as well.

I envision a Quantum Market filled with Landmarks that start acting only once they are observed.

Landmarket
Action - $3
+1 VP
Reveal 3 Landmarks at random from outside the game. Choose one to be added to the game and return the rest. (Current Landmarks stay in the game.)

Not Markety enough IMO:

Cost: <5> (or maybe $4?)
+1 Card
+1 Action
+$1
The next time you buy a Victory card this turn, +1 Buy.

Accatitippi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Accatitippi
  • Silver is underraided
  • Respect: +1797
    • View Profile
« Reply #4681 on: September 13, 2016, 08:18:50 am »

This is one outtake of my fan cards with its original name. This card is designed to work with Great Hall, Nobles, Scout, Vagrant and Scrying Pool, but every single card of them is better than itself. It would be ironically too good if it costs $4. Enjoy.
Noble Scout
Cost: $5 - Action - Victory
+ 1 Action
Reveal the top 2 cards of your deck. Put the revealed Victory cards into your hand. Put the other cards on top of your deck in any order.
---
Worth 1 VP

I don't see this being worth more than $4 if it only Scouts two cards.  Great Hall only costs $3, and Scouting two cards shouldn't really average any better than that on that many boards, even if it can Scout itself.  You'd need Victory cards that make money and a way to trash everything to make this reliable, but with that much effort, I would be happy leaving it at $4.

Unless you made it cost $5 because it has to suck because it's a Scout variant.  But Noble Brigand was just a Thief that wasn't supposed to suck as much...

I have a feeling that that tacking a VP on full 4-cards Scout wouldn't push it too far to be worth 5, but I'd love to try it.

Aleimon Thimble

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Aleimon Thimble
  • Respect: +711
    • View Profile
« Reply #4682 on: September 13, 2016, 08:55:08 am »

This is one outtake of my fan cards with its original name. This card is designed to work with Great Hall, Nobles, Scout, Vagrant and Scrying Pool, but every single card of them is better than itself. It would be ironically too good if it costs $4. Enjoy.
Noble Scout
+ 1 Action
Reveal the top 2 cards of your deck. Put the revealed Victory cards into your hand. Put the other cards on top of your deck in any order.
---
Worth 1 VP

I don't see this being worth more than $4 if it only Scouts two cards.  Great Hall only costs $3, and Scouting two cards shouldn't really average any better than that on that many boards, even if it can Scout itself.  You'd need Victory cards that make money and a way to trash everything to make this reliable, but with that much effort, I would be happy leaving it at $4.

Unless you made it cost $5 because it has to suck because it's a Scout variant.  But Noble Brigand was just a Thief that wasn't supposed to suck as much...

I have a feeling that that tacking a VP on full 4-cards Scout wouldn't push it too far to be worth 5, but I'd love to try it.

I'd go as far as to say that a full 4-cards Scout with a VP and Victory type still would be nowhere near OP at $4.

I mean, it could never be printed due to the 'strictly better' thing, but still...
[...] The God of heaven has given you Dominion [...] (Daniel 2:37)

majiponi

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4683 on: September 13, 2016, 09:22:54 am »

Noble Scout
+ 1 Action
---
Worth 1 VP

I'd go as far as to say that a full 4-cards Scout with a VP and Victory type still would be nowhere near OP at $4.

I mean, it could never be printed due to the 'strictly better' thing, but still...

How about this? (ignoring the title of this thread)
Noble Scout
cost $5 - Action - Victory
+1 Card
+1 Action
Worth 1 VP
At least, this is Great Hall. Sometimes, Laboratory.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (΄。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12871
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #4684 on: September 13, 2016, 10:03:38 am »

Noble Scout
+ 1 Action
---
Worth 1 VP

Noble Scout
+1 Card
+1 Action
Worth 1 VP

Still sounds a little weak.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #4685 on: September 13, 2016, 12:53:02 pm »

Metascout
Action
Cost: $3

+1 Card
+1 Action
Reveal the top four cards of your deck.  Discard the Scouts and put the rest back in any order.
-----------
Setup:  Replace your starting estates with Scouts.

(Ok, this is actually a rework of a card I already did with this name.  This version is something I might actually buy.)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 02:43:22 pm by Minotaur »

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7868
    • View Profile
« Reply #4686 on: September 13, 2016, 02:56:01 pm »
+1

Mulligan
Event - <6>

Clear off all Kingdom cards (including Events and Landmarks) and select a new Kingdom from those cards not already used.  Follow any setup instructions on the new kingdom cards.

(Player's decks, the Trash, anything set-aside, etc. remain as they are; only the current kingdom changes.)

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #4687 on: September 13, 2016, 03:06:37 pm »

Mulligan
Event - <6>

Clear off all Kingdom cards (including Events and Landmarks) and select a new Kingdom from those cards not already used.  Follow any setup instructions on the new kingdom cards.

(Player's decks, the Trash, anything set-aside, etc. remain as they are; only the current kingdom changes.)

Does it count as "the start of the game" when this happens?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 12:19:58 am by Minotaur »

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7868
    • View Profile
« Reply #4688 on: September 13, 2016, 03:13:38 pm »

Mulligan
Event - <6>

What are you thinking of?  I mean modify piles, etc. if the new cards say to do them as part of the setup (Black Market, Trade Route, etc.).

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #4689 on: September 13, 2016, 03:16:08 pm »

Mulligan
Event - <6>

What are you thinking of?  I mean modify piles, etc. if the new cards say to do them as part of the setup (Black Market, Trade Route, etc.).

I can't find any examples.  I guess I assumed that they said "Setup: At the start of the game...", or that at least one of them did.  So maybe it already conforms as is.  I guess "Setup" is a game phase where Setup instructions trigger.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 12:20:15 am by Minotaur »

King Leon

• Witch
  • Respect: +406
    • View Profile
« Reply #4690 on: September 13, 2016, 03:42:19 pm »
+1

Noble Scout
+ 1 Action
---
Worth 1 VP

Noble Scout
+1 Card
+1 Action
Worth 1 VP

Thank you for all those ideas. I tried to revive Noble Scout and here it is:

Noble Scout
Cost: <6>
Types: Action - Victory
+ 1 Action
---
Worth 2 VP

Noble Scout is now a usable card for alt VP decks. It is very similar to Nobles, easier to get, but less reliable. I like it.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 03:45:08 pm by King Leon »

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #4691 on: September 14, 2016, 12:21:46 am »

Thank you for all those ideas. I tried to revive Noble Scout and here it is:

Noble Scout
Cost: <6>
+ 1 Action
---
Worth 2 VP

Noble Scout is now a usable card for alt VP decks. It is very similar to Nobles, easier to get, but less reliable. I like it.

I guess that kind of works.  It sort of feels bad Scouting for two cards when Scouting for four is already bad, but if you have $4 and really want a Duchy, then maybe.

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #4692 on: September 14, 2016, 02:52:03 am »

Mulligan
Event - <6>

Lose Track Rule with Metascout.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
  • Respect: +972
    • View Profile
« Reply #4693 on: September 14, 2016, 02:56:14 am »

Noble Scout
Cost: 7
Choose one:
+ 2 Actions;
+ 3 Cards;
Reveal the top 4 cards of your deck. Put the revealed Victory cards into your hand. Put the other cards on top of your deck in any order.
---
Worth 2 VP
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

faust

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
  • Respect: +5161
    • View Profile
« Reply #4694 on: September 14, 2016, 04:09:00 am »
+1

Noble Scout - Action/Attack $5
+1 action
Reveal the top 4 cards of your deck. Put the revealed Victory cards into your hand. Put the other cards on top of your deck in any order.
----
When you buy or play this, each other player reveals the top 2 cards of their deck, trashes a revealed Duchy or Province you choose, and puts the rest into their hand. If they didn't reveal a Victory card, they gain a Scout from the Scout pile. You gain the trashed cards.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #4695 on: September 14, 2016, 10:12:15 am »
+3

Noble Scout
Action
Cost: $4

+1 Action
Reveal the top four cards of your deck.  Put the Victory cards in your hand and put the others back in any order.
-----------------
Setup:  Remove this Supply pile from the game and replace it with a different one.  (Do the same with Scout if applicable.)

majiponi

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4696 on: September 14, 2016, 11:18:40 pm »

New idea.
Mafia
cost $5 - Action - Attack
Each player (including you) reveals cards from the top of his deck until revealing an Action. Either he trashes that card or you gain a copy of that card, his choice.
If he revealed King's Court, he probably trashes it! Terrible!
If he revealed Rats, he will be happy.

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #4697 on: September 17, 2016, 05:44:11 pm »
+2

Metaexplorer
Event
Cost: <5>

The player to your left moves the Best token onto a card in the Kingdom costing $5.  Gain a $5 Kingdom card which does not have the Best token on it.

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #4698 on: September 18, 2016, 02:16:39 pm »

Metaexplorer
Action
Cost: $4

You may reveal a Province from your hand.  If you do, gain a $5 card.  If you do not, gain an Explorer.

madeofghosts

• Baron
  • Respect: +98
    • View Profile
« Reply #4699 on: September 19, 2016, 05:02:52 am »
+2

Transmint
Action, cost $5P

Trash a card from your hand.
If it is an…
Action card, gain a Duchy
Treasure card, gain a copy of it
Victory card, gain a Gold
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 282  All

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 21 queries.