Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 282  All

Author Topic: Really bad card ideas  (Read 1870151 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7868
    • View Profile
Re: Really bad card ideas
« Reply #2200 on: March 05, 2014, 11:56:07 am »

So restock means there is an infinite backup?

Let's say you have 50 Giant Rats total.

But I mean.. are only 10 in the supply at a given time?  Do you restock from the trash?

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1084
    • View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: March 05, 2014, 12:03:32 pm »

So restock means there is an infinite backup?

Let's say you have 50 Giant Rats total.

But I mean.. are only 10 in the supply at a given time?  Do you restock from the trash?

Actually 60 total would be better. 20 in the supply (like Rats). When it's trashed it goes to your discard. So you gain one Giant Rats, then gain the other 19. Since you're the only the one with Giant Rats, you can also be the first to trash one (with the exception of passing one because of masquerade) thus gaining another 20 Giant Rats. One more trashing of Giant Rats means you gain the last 20 and you now have 60 Giant Rats in your deck.

I don't see how this could work with any strategy. You'll never see your money or TfB cards so you'll never be able to 3-pile and/or consistently gain VP.

EDIT: So I guess it could be part of the setup that you only restock the Giant Rats supply when a Giant Rats has been trashed and there are none left in the supply.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 12:06:23 pm by AndrewisFTTW »
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

Minotaur

• Margrave
  • Respect: +3961
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: March 05, 2014, 06:28:44 pm »

I was just trying to come up with a scenario where Giant Rats would be exploitable. This is the bad card idea thread, after all, so tweaking and balance are optional. If you come up with something that actually sort of works, it's a bonus.
Storyteller/Crown is Donald's Vietnam Watergate.  Alchemy is Donald's Vietnam.  Scout is the time Donald choked on a pretzel.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: March 05, 2014, 11:37:21 pm »
+4

I'll play a... oh. Damnit. - $6 - Action

Your opponent's next turn lasts only two seconds.

ChocophileBenj

• Minion
  • Respect: +575
    • View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: March 08, 2014, 04:50:17 pm »
+1

They're like throne rooms, but for Hinterlands cards : throne areas. And, not to make them dead cards in game without "on-gain" cards, I put some self-synergizing effect

-Throne area (A)-
Action, $6

Choose an action card from your hand. Gain it twice.
---
When you gain this, gain a card costing less than this.

-Throne area (B)-
Action, reaction $6

Choose an action card from your hand. Gain it twice.
---
When you gain a card, you may discard this from your hand. If you do, gain a Gold.

And then, a really bad "really bad card ideas" idea...
-Contraband (LG)-
Treasure, $5

Worth $2, +1 buy.
When you play this, take a Treasure card from your hand, face down (or reveal a hand without Treasures). The player to your left either call "pass", or "check $X" with $X equal or larger than $2. Either case, reveal the card you have taken.
-If your opponent called "pass", +$1 and play it as usual. Otherwise, count $Y, the amount of $s that card generated.
-If $Y is between $2 and $X (included), discard that card and he gains $Y during his next turn
-Otherwise ($Y = $0, $1, or $Y>$X), +$X and play that card.

If you don't have the reference, LG in the card name stands for Liar Game, an excellent manga that you Dominion players should read.
Edit : added a +$3 so people don't always want to call "pass". Plus it becomes closer to a well-known official card...
Edit : changed a bit the things, so people won't always call "check $2" (before it was Worth $0 by default and worth $3 if he called "pass"
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 06:20:15 am by ChocophileBenj »
Chocolate is like victory points in Dominion. Both taste good but they'll hurt you if you eat too much of it instead of something else in your early days.

NoMoreFun

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2131
    • View Profile
« Reply #2205 on: March 13, 2014, 06:09:28 am »
+3

Drafty Room
Action - $3
+$2
Each player (including you) looks at a number of cards from the top of his deck equal to the number of players. Simultaneously, each player sets aside one card and passes the other cards to his left, and this is repeated until there are no cards left to pass. Each player either trashes all of his set aside cards, or puts them all on top of his deck in any order.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 06:18:15 am by NoMoreFun »

AJD

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: AJD
  • Respect: +4443
    • View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: March 13, 2014, 09:20:33 am »
+2

Drafty Room
Action - $3
+$2
Each player (including you) looks at a number of cards from the top of his deck equal to the number of players. Simultaneously, each player sets aside one card and passes the other cards to his left, and this is repeated until there are no cards left to pass. Each player either trashes all of his set aside cards, or puts them all on top of his deck in any order.

I get it, because the wind blows your cards around.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: March 13, 2014, 01:45:52 pm »
+3

Drafty Room
Action - $3
+$2

Its always more funny when you explain it.

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: March 13, 2014, 08:30:16 pm »
+2

Drafty Room
Action - $3
+$2

I am laughing because you are explaining what the last person just did.
Storyteller/Crown is Donald's Vietnam Watergate.  Alchemy is Donald's Vietnam.  Scout is the time Donald choked on a pretzel.

heron

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: heron
  • Respect: +1185
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: March 13, 2014, 08:51:25 pm »
+2

Drafty Room
Action - $3
+$2

I am laughing because I can't tell which of these posts are sarcasm and which aren't.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
  • Respect: +1966
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: March 13, 2014, 08:54:07 pm »
+1

Drafty Room
Action - $3
+$2

I am laughing because I can't tell which of these posts are sarcasm and which aren't.
Imagining how long this quoting will go on for makes me chuckle a bit.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2708
    • View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: March 13, 2014, 09:13:40 pm »

Drafty Room
Action - $3
+$2

Probably a while.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: March 13, 2014, 09:16:23 pm »
+1

Drafty Room
Action - $3
+$2

Probably a while.

We should just make it last as long as we can. I already can't tell who posted what.

ashersky

• Mountebank
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1520
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: March 13, 2014, 09:42:23 pm »

Drafty Room
Action - $3
+$2

Probably a while.

We should just make it last as long as we can. I already can't tell who posted what.

Why would that be funny?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
  • Respect: +1364
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: March 13, 2014, 10:41:11 pm »
+1

Drafty Room
Action - $3
+$2

Probably a while.

Why would that be funny?

The real question is: why wouldn't it be?
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: March 13, 2014, 11:02:36 pm »
+2

Drafty Room
Action - $3
+$2

Probably a while.

Why would that be funny?

There has to be some "un/tag" button somewhere...

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: March 13, 2014, 11:07:43 pm »

Drafty Room
Action - $3
+$2

Probably a while.

Why would that be funny?

Looking at the shape of this thread... hmmm....
Gold bullion: (Treasure, $4) Gain $X^2, where X is the length of the longest chain of actions-acting-on-actions you played this turn.

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: March 13, 2014, 11:09:41 pm »

Drafty Room
Action - $3
+$2

Probably a while.

Why would that be funny?

Gold bullion: (Treasure, $4) Gain $X^2, where X is the length of the longest chain of actions-acting-on-actions you played this turn.

(If you played one action, then $1.  If you Throne Roomed an action, then $4.  If you Throne Roomed a Bishop to trash a Moneylender and a Cellar, then $9, because the longest chain is still length 3.)

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: March 13, 2014, 11:26:48 pm »
+1

Drafty Room
Action - $3
+$2

Probably a while.

Why would that be funny?

(If you played one action, then $1.  If you Throne Roomed an action, then $4.  If you Throne Roomed a Bishop to trash a Moneylender and a Cellar, then $9, because the longest chain is still length 3.)

Personally I hope that the quoting doesn't get any longer.

Crap!
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: March 13, 2014, 11:38:59 pm »
+4

Drafty Room
Action - $3
+$2

Probably a while.

Why would that be funny?

Crap!

AHoppy

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2220 on: March 13, 2014, 11:41:55 pm »
+1

Drafty Room
Action - $3
+$2

Probably a while.

Why would that be funny?

Crap!

AHoppy

This is getting artistic.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
  • Respect: +1364
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: March 14, 2014, 12:06:41 am »
+1

Drafty Room
Action - $3
+$2

Probably a while.

Why would that be funny?

Crap!

AHoppy

This is getting artistic.

If we keep this up, we'll have triple pyramids!
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12871
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2222 on: March 14, 2014, 12:35:24 am »
+6

C-C-Combobreaker!
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Gherald

• Minion
  • Awe: +35
  • Respect: +1399
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: March 15, 2014, 08:06:05 pm »
+2

Freeway - $6
Action

+1 Card
+1 Action

VIP Party $6
Action

+1 Card
+1 Action

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3235
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: March 15, 2014, 08:07:45 pm »
+1

Freeway - $6
Action

+1 Card
+1 Action

Page created in 0.316 seconds with 21 queries.