Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 282  All

Author Topic: Really bad card ideas  (Read 1865392 times)

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
Re: Really bad card ideas
« Reply #2000 on: November 25, 2013, 04:26:34 pm »
+4

Metallic Scout
Cost: 4
Action

+1 action
Reveal the top four cards of your deck. Draw the treasures that are metal based and return the others to the top of your deck in any order.

I think they're all paper based...

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7866
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: November 25, 2013, 04:31:43 pm »
+6

Boyscout
Action

+1 Action
Reveal the top four cards of your deck. Draw the Urchins and return the others to the top of your deck in any order.

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: November 25, 2013, 04:43:14 pm »
+3

Your Intrigue didn't come with the reverse holofoil Scouts?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: November 25, 2013, 04:45:19 pm »

Metallic Scout
Action

+1 action
Reveal the top four cards of your deck. Draw the treasures that are metal based and return the others to the top of your deck in any order.

I guess you don't let your imagination immerse you in your Dominion games :(

AJD

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: AJD
  • Respect: +4443
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: November 25, 2013, 04:50:51 pm »
+4

Boyscout
Action

+1 Action
Reveal the top four cards of your deck. Draw the Urchins and return the others to the top of your deck in any order.

Boy Scout
Cost: 3
Action

+1 Action
Each other player may reveal a Bane card. If no one does, reveal the top four cards of your deck. Draw the Victory cards and return the others to the top of your deck in any order.

Minotaur

• Margrave
  • Respect: +3961
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: November 25, 2013, 04:53:47 pm »
+2

Metasquire
Action
Cost: 1

+$1
Choose: +1 action, gain a Copper, +1 Buy

When you trash this, gain a Squire.
Storyteller/Crown is Donald's Vietnam Watergate.  Alchemy is Donald's Vietnam.  Scout is the time Donald choked on a pretzel.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: November 25, 2013, 04:54:05 pm »

Metallic Scout
Action

+1 action

I guess you don't let your imagination immerse you in your Dominion games :(

Dominion is about the strategy. I read books and write stories for my imagination :)

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
  • Respect: +576
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: November 25, 2013, 07:24:46 pm »
+1

Scout

When you buy this, gain a scout...and LOSE.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

brokoli

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +786
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: November 26, 2013, 05:30:02 am »
+1

Deliverance
Action - $10
Put your deck into your discard pile.
Look through your discard pile. You may trash all scout from your discard pile or hand. Gain as many curses as the number of scouts you have trashed.

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: November 26, 2013, 02:37:38 pm »
+4

Metafeast

Trash this card. If you do, gain a Feast.

Metaforge

Trash any number of cards whose combined cost is exactly $7. If you do, gain a Forge.

Metaking's Court

You may play a King's Court from your hand three times.

Metamine

Trash a Metatreasure from your hand and gain a Treasure whose cost is at most equal to the cost of the trashed Metatreasure. Put the gained treasure in hand.
--------------------------------
Setup: You start the game with seven Metacoppers instead of Coppers. You may buy meta versions of the usual treasures. They produce metamoney instead of $, which can be spent in place of $ to buy any Metacard.

Metagame
Cost: 5

Trash this card. If you do: Set aside all cards in the game. Play a game of Dominion, unless the current game was caused by playing a Metagame card. At the end of the extra game, put those Victory cards, Curse cards, and Victory tokens onto the Island/token mats of their owners in the original game.

Metatactician
Cost: 6

Discard your hand. If you discard a Metagame this way, then reveal and set aside the top 10 cards of your deck and play your Metagame card. In the extra game, you may choose to have the set aside cards replace your starting deck.

Native Metavillage
Cost: 2

+2 actions
Put the top card of your deck onto your Native Metavillage mat. If there is a Metagame on your Native Metavillage mat, then you may set aside your Native Metavillage mat and play the Metagame card from your mat. Your Native Metavillage mat of the original game becomes the Native Village mat of the new game, in which Native Village must be in the kingdom.
(Cards on your Native Metavillage mat return to your deck at the end of the game)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 02:53:49 pm by Minotaur »
Storyteller/Crown is Donald's Vietnam Watergate.  Alchemy is Donald's Vietnam.  Scout is the time Donald choked on a pretzel.

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2010 on: November 26, 2013, 03:37:47 pm »
+4

Completely Masquerade
Action

+2 cards
Each player may pass any number of Scout cards to the player to their left face up. You may trash any number of Scout cards from your hand.

Completely Throne Room
Cost: 0
Action-Shelter

You may play a Scout from your hand any number of times.

Scout's Advocate
Action

+1 Action
Trash this card. Replace a non-victory Kingdom pile with a hybrid Victory pile of your choice and gain a Scout in hand. If you play a Scout and draw two cards with it this turn, rub your chin and say, "huh, I guess it's sort of an average $4 card on this particular board, I guess..."

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: November 26, 2013, 03:54:42 pm »
+8

Devil's Advocate
Action

+1 Action
Make an argument for why Scout is not such a bad card.  If the argument is convincing, gain a Scout in hand (whether or not Scout is in the supply) and +$2.  If you lose this game, your friends are allowed to continue to bash Scout.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12870
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2012 on: November 26, 2013, 04:37:27 pm »
+2

Devil's Advocate
Action

+1 Action
Make an argument for why Scout is not such a bad card.  If the argument is convincing, gain a Scout in hand (whether or not Scout is in the supply) and +$2.  If you lose this game, your friends are allowed to continue to bash Scout.
I like how your friends are still allowed to continue to bash Scout even if you lost a game without any Scouts, if you fail to make a convincing argument.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: November 29, 2013, 12:11:20 pm »
+10

Scouts everywhere!

Distant Grand Market
$6 - Action
+1 Card
+1 Action
+ Buy
+2$

---------
You cannot buy this unless you have a Scout in play.

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: November 29, 2013, 12:15:59 pm »
+1

Scouts everywhere!

Distant Grand Market
$5 - Action
+1 Card
+1 Action
+1 Buy
+$3

---------
You cannot buy this unless you have a Scout in play.

Balanced that for you.

pedroluchini

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +205
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: November 29, 2013, 02:05:41 pm »

Metagame

Trash this card. If you do: Set aside all cards in the game. Play a game of Dominion, unless the current game was caused by playing a Metagame card. At the end of the extra game, put those Victory cards, Curse cards, and Victory tokens onto the Island/token mats of their owners in the original game.

Reminds me of this --> http://mtg.wikia.com/wiki/Shahrazad

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3349
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: November 29, 2013, 04:32:33 pm »
+11

Wouldcutter
Action - $3
+1 buy
+$2
---
While this is in play, ignore the word 'would' in all other card's text, resolving the card as though it did not have the word 'would' there.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12870
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2017 on: November 29, 2013, 04:42:37 pm »
+8

Wouldcutter
Action - $3
+1 buy
+$2
---
While this is in play, ignore the word 'would' in all other card's text, resolving the card as though it did not have the word 'would' there.
I play a Village, then a Wouldcutter, then another Wouldcutter. No wait, the second card is now just a cutter. And I have to ignore the word '' in all other card's text, resolving them as though it did not have the word '' there. What?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3349
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: November 29, 2013, 06:32:59 pm »
+4

Wouldcutter
Action - $3
+1 buy
+$2
---
I play a Village, then a Wouldcutter, then another Wouldcutter. No wait, the second card is now just a cutter. And I have to ignore the word '' in all other card's text, resolving them as though it did not have the word '' there. What?

It gets even better when you look at all cards that have the word would in them anyway and realise none make sense without it anyway.

Moving on, I present to you a top tier junk clearing card.

Scoutylender
Action - $4
Trash a Scout from your hand. If you do, +$2 and reveal the top four cards of your deck. Put the revealed Victory cards into your hand and put the rest back in any order.

I hope you see what I did there
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2707
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: November 29, 2013, 06:36:10 pm »

Wouldcutter
Action - $3
+1 buy
+$2
---

It gets even better when you look at all cards that have the word would in them anyway and realise none make sense without it anyway.

Apparently there are only two that have would...

The player to your left takes an extra turn after this one, in which you can see all cards he can and make all decisions for him. Any cards he would gain on that turn, you gain instead; any cards of his that are trashed are set aside and returned to his discard pile at end of turn.

This just looks like bad grammar but still works the same, and:

Trash a card from your hand. Gain a number of Silvers equal to its cost in coins.

When you would gain a card, you may reveal this from your hand. If you do, instead, gain a silver.

This just has a slightly different functionality.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: November 29, 2013, 09:37:40 pm »
+1

Wouldcutter
Action - $3
+1 buy
+$2
---

Apparently there are only two that have would...

The player to your left takes an extra turn after this one, in which you can see all cards he can and make all decisions for him. Any cards he would gain on that turn, you gain instead; any cards of his that are trashed are set aside and returned to his discard pile at end of turn.

This just looks like bad grammar but still works the same, and:

Trash a card from your hand. Gain a number of Silvers equal to its cost in coins.

When you would gain a card, you may reveal this from your hand. If you do, instead, gain a silver.

This just has a slightly different functionality.

Isn't that a contradiction? How can you gain a card and "instead" gain a different card at the same time?

Polk5440

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1788
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: December 02, 2013, 05:25:54 pm »
+2

$6 -- Action.

Throw a card from your hand into a trash can. If you do, gain a punch in the face.

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: December 02, 2013, 10:45:36 pm »
+3

$6 -- Action.

Throw a card from your hand into a trash can. If you do and the card is not a Scout, gain a punch in the face.

Fixed.

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: December 03, 2013, 12:28:43 pm »
+2

Metaurchin
Cost: 2
Action-Attack/Meta-attack

+1 card
+1 action
Each other player discards down to 5 cards in hand. If you play an Attack or Meta-attack card while this card is in play, you may trash this card. If you do, gain an Urchin.

Remark: Urchin is now called Metamercenary, and Metaurchin is now Metametamercenary. Hermit is now Metamadman.

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: December 03, 2013, 12:29:31 pm »

Metagame

Reminds me of this --> http://mtg.wikia.com/wiki/Shahrazad

I'm a little disturbed that this was actually done for serious.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 282  All

Page created in 0.336 seconds with 21 queries.