Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 282  All

Author Topic: Really bad card ideas  (Read 1869839 times)

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3349
    • View Profile
Re: Really bad card ideas
« Reply #1950 on: November 07, 2013, 06:31:21 pm »

What about making these modifiers, as in, during setup they're put on supply piles and do their thing. e.g.:

Mining...
Cost: +1
Cards in the supply pile this is attached to get the text "You may trash this card immediately. If you do, +$2" after all of their on play effects.

Farming...
Cards in the supply pile this is attached to get the text "Reveal cards from the top of your deck until you reveal an action or Treasure. Put that card into your hand and discard the others." in place of the first instance when the card would draw or reveal a card from the top of your deck.

Border...
Cost: +3
Cards in the supply pile this is attached to get the text "When you buy this, gain a card costing less than it."

Worker's...
Cards in the supply pile this is attached to get the text "+1 buy" after all of their on play effects.

Wandering...
Cards in the supply pile this is attached to get the text "Reveal the top 3 cards of your deck, put the Actions back on top in any order, and discard the others." after all of their on play effects.

Yeah wording could probably be better, but it's the bad card threads so whatever.

Mining Feast is the most useless card ever.
Farming Scout is the most OP card ever.

EDIT: Wait, it isn't. Farming Scrying Pool would be fun, though. And Farming Wishing Well.

Farming Wishing Well isn't as good as you think with the way I've worded it. It would become: +1 action, dig for an action or treasure and put it into your hand, then wish for a card.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
  • Respect: +1793
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: November 07, 2013, 06:34:50 pm »
+6

Cosmic Village
Transmuted Village
Altered Village
Village's Village
Antivillage
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
  • Respect: +932
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: November 07, 2013, 07:25:27 pm »
+6

Bakery
Worth 2 vp for every heavenly chip you own.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
  • Respect: +1364
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: November 07, 2013, 07:42:13 pm »
+2

Cosmic Village
Transmuted Village
Altered Village
Village's Village
Antivillage
Antivillage
Action $3
+$2
+1buy
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

heron

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: heron
  • Respect: +1185
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: November 07, 2013, 07:46:09 pm »
+2

Cosmic Village
Transmuted Village
Altered Village
Village's Village
Antivillage
Antivillage
Action $3
+$2
+1buy
So that's why those guys are such terrible woodcutters...they are actually undercover, planning to destroy our village!

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
  • Respect: +690
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: November 07, 2013, 11:41:21 pm »
+1

What about making these modifiers, as in, during setup they're put on supply piles and do their thing. e.g.:

Mining...
Cards in the supply pile this is attached to get the text "You may trash this card immediately. If you do, +$2" after all of their on play effects.

Farming...
Cards in the supply pile this is attached to get the text "Reveal cards from the top of your deck until you reveal an action or Treasure. Put that card into your hand and discard the others." in place of the first instance when the card would draw or reveal a card from the top of your deck.

Border...
Cards in the supply pile this is attached to get the text "When you buy this, gain a card costing less than it."

Worker's...
Cards in the supply pile this is attached to get the text "+1 buy" after all of their on play effects.

Wandering...
Cards in the supply pile this is attached to get the text "Reveal the top 3 cards of your deck, put the Actions back on top in any order, and discard the others." after all of their on play effects.

Yeah wording could probably be better, but it's the bad card threads so whatever.
Border Border Village would be fun!

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: November 07, 2013, 11:45:22 pm »
+2

Mining...

Farming...

Border...

Worker's...

Wandering...

Border Border Village would be fun!

Wandering Mining Farming Border Worker's Village:
Action $10
+1 card
+2 actions
+1 buy

Reveal the top 3 cards of your deck. Put the Actions back in any order and discard the rest.

Reveal cards from the top of your deck until you reveal an Action or Treasure card. Put that card into your hand and discard the rest.

You may trash this immediately. If you do, +$2
--
When you gain this, gain a card costing less than this.

Not OP at all.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Minotaur

• Margrave
  • Respect: +3961
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: November 08, 2013, 12:11:41 am »
+4

'Stache
Cost: 6
Treasure

+$2
When you play this treasure, you may trash an Action card with no facial hair from your hand and gain a Duke. When you shuffle with this card in the discard pile, you may choose where this card goes in your deck.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 04:36:31 am by Minotaur »
Storyteller/Crown is Donald's Vietnam Watergate.  Alchemy is Donald's Vietnam.  Scout is the time Donald choked on a pretzel.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12870
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1958 on: November 08, 2013, 02:36:13 am »

Farming Wishing Well isn't as good as you think with the way I've worded it. It would become: +1 action, dig for an action or treasure and put it into your hand, then wish for a card.
Right. I don't know what I was thinking.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: November 08, 2013, 11:16:44 am »
+1

I'm not sure, but it's the same thing Mail-mi was thinking as well ::)
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1960 on: November 08, 2013, 11:22:58 am »

Great minds think alike!
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: November 08, 2013, 11:41:08 am »
+1

That was on purpose!

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: November 08, 2013, 05:18:13 pm »
+2

Border Border Border Copper
Cost: $9
Treasure

$1
When you gain this, gain 3 cards costing less than it.

Border Border Border Border Copper
Cost: $12

$1
When you gain this, gain 4 cards costing less than it.

These are not OP in any way.
Storyteller/Crown is Donald's Vietnam Watergate.  Alchemy is Donald's Vietnam.  Scout is the time Donald choked on a pretzel.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7868
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: November 08, 2013, 10:00:46 pm »
+2

Bordercopia
Action
$<something>
<Do Something>

When you gain this, gain a card that is cheaper than this with "Border" in the title

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: November 08, 2013, 11:35:18 pm »
+1

Bordercopia
Action
$<something>
<Do Something>

When you gain this, gain a card that is cheaper than this with "Border" in the title

Border Bordercopia
Action
$<something>+3
<Do Something>
---
When you gain this, gain a card costing less than this with "Border" in the title
When you gain this, gain a card costing less than this.

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1965 on: November 09, 2013, 08:39:20 am »
+1

Fishing Tactician
Action
Cost: 5

+$1
Put a card from your hand on top of your deck. Discard your hand.

If you discarded any cards, then at the start of your next turn: +$1, +2 actions, +1 buy, +5 cards.

Fishing Pawn
Action
Cost: 2

Now and at the start of your next turn: +$1, +1 action

Fishing Duchess
Action
Cost: 2

+$3. Put a card from your hand on top of your deck. Each player may look at the top card of their deck and return it or discard it. At the start of your next turn, +$1, +1 action.

When you gain a Duchy, gain a Fishing Duchess.

Fishing Scout
Action
Cost: 4

Put a card on top of your deck. Reveal the top 4 cards of your deck, draw the revealed Victory cards, and put the rest back in any order.
Now and at the start of your next turn: +1 action, +$1.

Fishing Oasis
Action
Cost: 3

+$2, +1 action
Discard a card from your hand.
At the start of your next turn: +$1, +1 action
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 09:00:23 am by Minotaur »

EternalDensity

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +11
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: November 14, 2013, 10:45:47 pm »
+8

Bluff
$6 - Action
+ 2 Cards
+ 1 Action
For the rest of this turn:
When you play a card, place it face down. You may name a different card and play as if you had played the card you named.
Whenever you name a card you have in play (or allegedly have in play), any other player may issue a challenge. If a player does so, turn the card face up. If it is not the card you named, remove it from play, and the challenging player gains your card. If you had not yet begun to play the card that was removed form play, it does not count as having been played.
If you perform actions contrary to the actual text of the cards allegedly in play, and anyone calls you out on it, immediately proceed to the Cleanup phase of your turn.

Position
$3 Action - Reaction
You may gain a card from a supply pile which you feel is misaligned or stacked untidily.
-
When an opponent plays a card, you may reveal this card. If you do, you may straighten that player's cards to your liking.

Mr Bones
$4 Action
+1 Buy
+2 Cards
+$3
Draw a chalkmark on the Wild Ride chalkboard
_
After a game with Mr Bones in the supply is completed, if the Wild Ride chalkboard has any marks, erase one, then begin a new game with Mr Bones in the supply

Poke A Face
$2 Action
+2 Actions
Poke yourself in the face in an amusing fashion. If any other player displays amusement or mirth, +2 Cards

Caltrop
$3 Action-Reaction
+1 Card
+1 Action
-
If you are possessing the owner of this card, you must allow the owner to reveal this card.
If you reveal this card, for the remaining duration of the possession you may see look at any cards the player possessing you may look at, may make any decisions the player possessing you would otherwise make for you, and may gain any cards the possessing player would gain.

Antimony
$4 Treasure - Attack - Reaction
Worth $3
During another player's buy phase, you may reveal this card. If you do, discard it, gain a silver in your hand, and -$1 to that player, which counts as an attack.

Bakery
Worth 2 vp for every heavenly chip you own.
Kitten Workers' Village
$4 - Action
+1 card
+2 actions
+1 card for every 10 action cards in your discard pile

ashersky

• Mountebank
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1520
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: November 15, 2013, 12:12:06 am »
+3

Bluff
$6 - Action
+ 2 Cards
+ 1 Action
When you play a card, place it face down. You may name a different card and play as if you had played the card you named.
Whenever you name a card you have in play (or allegedly have in play), any other player may issue a challenge. If a player does so, turn the card face up. If it is not the card you named, remove it from play, and the challenging player gains your card. If you had not yet begun to play the card that was removed form play, it does not count as having been played.
If you perform actions contrary to the actual text of the cards allegedly in play, and anyone calls you out on it, immediately proceed to the Cleanup phase of your turn.

*plays a curse face down*
"I play Goons."
*Opponent calls bluff and gains my curse.*

It's a new Masquerade.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2708
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: November 15, 2013, 12:47:28 am »
+1

Bluff
$6 - Action
+ 2 Cards
+ 1 Action

"I play Goons."

It's a new Masquerade.

Too bad you can't play curses...

*Plays scout*
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
  • Respect: +690
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: November 15, 2013, 01:17:13 am »
+3

Bluff
$6 - Action
+ 2 Cards
+ 1 Action

"I play Goons."

It's a new Masquerade.

Too bad you can't play curses...

*Plays scout*
I wouldn't call your bluff even if Scout wasn't in the kingdom. You can go right ahead and play as many "Scouts" as you want.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: November 15, 2013, 08:28:30 am »
+11

Bluff
$6 - Action
+ 2 Cards
+ 1 Action

"I play Bluff, and this card is a Village. Any objections? No, okay, I gain 8 Provinces..."
"Wait what? That's not what Village does!"
"Oh yeah. I proceed immediately to the cleanup phase. All the Provinces are gone now, so that's the end of the game."

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
  • Respect: +1980
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: November 15, 2013, 09:53:05 am »
+1

If you had not yet begun to play the card

Fool! I have not yet begun to play my cards!
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: November 15, 2013, 10:43:25 am »

Caltrop
$3 Action-Reaction
+1 Card
+1 Action
-
If you are possessing the owner of this card, you must allow the owner to reveal this card.
If you reveal this card, for the remaining duration of the possession you may see look at any cards the player possessing you may look at, may make any decisions the player possessing you would otherwise make for you, and may gain any cards the possessing player would gain.

Don't you always see the cards that the possessing player sees?  Unless that player decides to randomly look at his hand, I suppose. 

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1973 on: November 15, 2013, 11:15:18 am »

Caltrop
$3 Action-Reaction
+1 Card
+1 Action
-

Don't you always see the cards that the possessing player sees?  Unless that player decides to randomly look at his hand, I suppose.
Technically he sees his hand the whole time. Unless you're playing on Goko.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: November 15, 2013, 11:24:26 am »

Caltrop
$3 Action-Reaction
+1 Card
+1 Action
-

Technically he sees his hand the whole time. Unless you're playing on Goko.

So this basically lets you inspect their hand.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 282  All

Page created in 2.164 seconds with 21 queries.