Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 282  All

Author Topic: Really bad card ideas  (Read 1870154 times)

Minotaur

• Margrave
  • Respect: +3961
    • View Profile
Re: Really bad card ideas
« Reply #1900 on: November 05, 2013, 12:52:49 pm »

France
$3 Action
You may drink a bottle of wine.  If you do, +2 cards, +2 Actions, +$2, +2 Buys.  If you do not, trash this card and gain a curse.

Any time any player plays an Attack card, they may search each other player's hand for France. If they find any, they gain one of them.
Storyteller/Crown is Donald's Vietnam Watergate.  Alchemy is Donald's Vietnam.  Scout is the time Donald choked on a pretzel.

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: November 05, 2013, 03:46:22 pm »

Storyteller/Crown is Donald's Vietnam Watergate.  Alchemy is Donald's Vietnam.  Scout is the time Donald choked on a pretzel.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7868
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: November 05, 2013, 04:02:43 pm »
+1

Isn't that ball cold?

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: November 05, 2013, 05:39:00 pm »
+1

If you're playing Strip Dominion, Miley Cyrus also has the following add-on: You may remove an article of clothing. If you do, you may twerk. If you do, you may lick a hand tool and pretend to trash a card from your hand. (A piece of silverware counts as a hand tool)

If you did not pretend to trash a card from your hand, trash this card.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 08:46:17 pm by Minotaur »

ConMan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1706
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: November 05, 2013, 07:19:51 pm »
+3

<walled pillage>
Yeah right, there's no way they are getting past that wall  ;D
<ruined pillage>
 :o
Something like this?

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9415
    • View Profile
« Reply #1905 on: November 05, 2013, 08:53:57 pm »
+1

If you're playing Strip Dominion, Miley Cyrus also has the following add-on: You may remove an article of clothing. If you do, you may twerk. If you do, you may lick a hand tool and pretend to trash a card from your hand. (A piece of silverware counts as a hand tool)

If you did not pretend to trash a card from your hand, trash this card.

*shudder*
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: November 05, 2013, 10:00:27 pm »

I don't understand what the effect of the Miley Cyrus card has to do with the picture/video/song/her.

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: November 05, 2013, 10:03:36 pm »

I don't understand what the effect of the Miley Cyrus card has to do with the picture/video/song/her.

Make a raunchy spectacle of yourself. If you do, extend your fifteen minutes of fame by five minutes.

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
  • Respect: +1793
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: November 05, 2013, 10:18:04 pm »
+4

Function Frog
Action--$6

Choose one: Set aside an Action card (other than Function Frog) from your hand face up on your Function Frog mat, to the right of any other cards placed there; or play each card on your Function Frog mat in order from left to right, returning them to your mat (in the same order) after they are played.

Return any cards on your Function Frog mat to your deck at the end of the game.
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9415
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: November 05, 2013, 10:47:49 pm »

Function Frog
Action--$6

Choose one: Set aside an Action card (other than Function Frog) from your hand face up on your Function Frog mat, to the right of any other cards placed there; or play each card on your Function Frog mat in order from left to right, returning them to your mat (in the same order) after they are played.

Win.

Cannot wait for my copies to come so I can break it out to play with the kids.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: November 05, 2013, 11:47:38 pm »
+1

Function Frog
Action--$6

Shouldn't each card have to "act" on the next one, and you only play things until the logic stops working? e.g., KC, KC, Bridge, Upgrade, Gold, Gold, Gold, Throne Room, Bishop, Peddler, Peddler, Monument, Monument?

Oh god. Now I'm getting hung up over "parenthesis tokens" (open and close)... Also, "null tokens" as arguments for optional inputs, and "end" tokens to mark the end of "any number of..." inputs... This getting really horrible, and should probably lower the card cost... you'd need like 8 of them, and they'd need to be cantrips or something... X-D
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 11:51:03 pm by Minotaur »

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: November 05, 2013, 11:52:27 pm »

Function Frog
Action--$6

Shouldn't each card have to "act" on the next one, and you only play things until the logic stops working? e.g., KC, KC, Bridge, Upgrade, Gold, Gold, Gold, Throne Room, Bishop, Peddler, Peddler, Monument, Monument?

Oh god. Now I'm getting hung up over "parenthesis tokens" (open and close)...

Lol I considered that, but I couldn't figure out how to word it succinctly. Obviously having multiple and/or recursive mats would be awesome too!
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: November 05, 2013, 11:54:16 pm »
+2

"Function Frog Anna"
"Function Frog Bailey"

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: November 05, 2013, 11:58:50 pm »

Function Frog
Action--$6

Oh god. Now I'm getting hung up over "parenthesis tokens" (open and close)...

Lol I considered that, but I couldn't figure out how to word it succinctly. Obviously having multiple and/or recursive mats would be awesome too!

You are a horrible person.

Can you imagine someone playing (generalized) Frog just to play Venture, KC, KC, Bridge, Bridge, Bridge, Copper? All that for two coins...

Hmmmm, I'm implying that the generalized Frog allows players to play treasures during the Action phase... this is very bad.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: November 05, 2013, 11:59:04 pm »

Function Frog
Action--$6

I don't get why it's Frog.  Is that a programming thing?

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: November 06, 2013, 01:26:11 am »
+2

Phishing Pillage
Cost: 5
Action

+2 actions
Do your best impression of the Crown Prince of Nigeria. Each player who is sufficiently impressed must tell you their routing number.

At the start of your next turn: Trash this card. +1 action. Reveal the hand of each player who told you their routing number. Gain all revealed treasures.

Phishing Well
Cost: 5

+1 card
+1 action
Guess the first digit of the Social Security Number of the player to your right.
   If you are correct, +1 card and guess the second digit of the Social Security Number of the player to your right.
      If you are correct, +1 card and
         (etc....)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 03:00:16 am by Minotaur »

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: November 06, 2013, 01:42:28 am »
+1

People's Courtyard
Cost: 2
Action

Have a heated argument with the player to your left. The winner of the argument draws three cards. The loser puts a card on top of his or her deck.

Wining Village
Cost: 1 Potion
Action

+1 card
+2 actions
You may trash this card. If you do, you may reveal up to three Victory cards from your hand. +1 VP for each Victory card revealed.

EDIT: Whoops, confused Vineyard with Silk Road. This really should have you discard Action cards to gain VP... Which would make this card Really Bad, more or less.

X-P
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 03:14:15 am by Minotaur »

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: November 06, 2013, 04:10:00 am »

Function Frog
Action--$6

It's a Kickstarter thing.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: November 06, 2013, 09:33:12 am »
+2

Don't know how many of these were already posted, but:

Playshop
Action

Play a card costing up to $4.

-----------------

Moneyborrower
Action

-$3

Gain a Copper, putting it into your hand.

-----------------

Prospirator
Action

+$2

If you've played 2 or less Actions this turn (including this): +1 Card; +1 Action.

-----------------

Strategist
Action

Discard your hand. If you discarded any cards this way: +1 Buy; Gain a card costing up to to $5

-----------------

Treasure

+$2

While this is in play, when you buy a Victory Card, each other player gains a copy of it.

-----------------

Exhibition
Action

+1 Card
+1 Action
+1 Coin

Each player may reveal a Province from his hand. If you do, discard it.

-----------------

Forest
Victory

Worth 2 VP

When you buy a Victory card, you may reveal this from your hand. If you do, trash this and gain a cost costing exactly $2 more than this.

------------------

Stationary Minstrel
Action

+1 Card
+2 Actions

Reveal 3 cards from your hand. Discard the revealed cards that are not Actions.

------------------

Nurse
Action

Reveal the top 3 cards of your deck. Put them back on top in any order.

When you buy this, you may overpay for it. For each $1 you overpaid, look at the top card of your deck; discard it or put it back.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: November 06, 2013, 09:48:53 am »
+3

Moneyborrower
Action

-$3

Gain a Copper, putting it into your hand.

Moneyborrower'
Action-Duration

+$3

At the beginning of your next turn, -$4 (no minimum).

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1920 on: November 06, 2013, 10:05:06 am »

Function Frog
Action--$6

It's a Kickstarter thing.

That's pretty awesome.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
  • Respect: +1364
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: November 06, 2013, 10:12:28 am »
+4

Wandering Smithy

+3 cards

Reveal the top 3 cards of your deck. Put the revealed actions back in any order and discard the rest.

Wandering Moneylender

+$3

Reveal the top 3 cards of your deck. Put the revealed Coppers back in any order and discard the rest.

Wandering Scout

+1 action

Reveal the top 3 cards of your deck. Put the revealed Victory cards back in any order and discard the rest.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: November 06, 2013, 10:16:42 am »
+9

Wandering Winder

+2 Actions

Reveal the top 3 cards of your deck.  Put the cards that are in the top 10 of WW's card list back in any order and discard the rest.

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: November 06, 2013, 12:29:01 pm »
+3

Land Mine
Cost: 3
Reaction-Victory

When another player buys a Victory card, you may reveal this card from your hand. If you do, trash this card and a treasure that player has in play, and gain a treasure costing up to $3 more than the trashed treasure. Put the gained treasure in your hand.
----------------------------------------------------------------
2 VP

AJD

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: AJD
  • Respect: +4443
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: November 06, 2013, 01:07:15 pm »
+1

Land Mine
Reaction-Victory

When another player buys a Victory card, you may reveal this card from your hand. If you do, trash this card and a treasure that player has in play, and gain a treasure costing up to $3 more than the trashed treasure. Put the gained treasure in your hand.
----------------------------------------------------------------
2 VP

Land Mine
Action

Rebuild.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 282  All

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 21 queries.