Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 282  All

Author Topic: Really bad card ideas  (Read 1866249 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7866
    • View Profile
Re: Really bad card ideas
« Reply #1875 on: November 04, 2013, 04:23:26 pm »
+3

Time Saver
Action-Duration

+1card
+1action

While this is in play, if your opponent draws their entire deck and attacks you and buys a Province, just start a new game.

Time Saver
Action-Duration

+1card
+1action

At the beginning of your next turn, give your opponent a long, forlorn look.

While this is in play, if your opponent draws their entire deck and attacks you and buys a Province, just start a new game.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: November 04, 2013, 04:39:03 pm »

Time Saver
Action-Duration

+1card
+1action

Time Saver
Action-Duration

+1card
+1action

At the beginning of your next turn, give your opponent a long, forlorn look.

Exactly the line on the card I was missing.
Time Saver
Action-Duration

+1card
+1action

This is actually a good idea. It would save a lot of time, since I always start a new game anyway...

But it will never be in play during an opponent's turn.

Why? Clearly there was a joke about the card, yet you feel the need to point out semantics.

Minotaur

• Margrave
  • Respect: +3961
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: November 04, 2013, 04:54:08 pm »

Time Saver
Action-Duration

+1card
+1action

Time Saver
Action
Cost: 0

When you gain this card, put it into play and gain the Curse pile.

Discard your hand. At the start of your next three turns, discard your hand. While this card is in play, you draw cards from the top of your discard pile, and you do not shuffle even when a card says to do so. When this card comes into play, you may go to the restroom and/or grab a beer and/or a snack and/or check your email and/or Facebook. If you do so, you may and have the player to your left play your next three turns for you.

The first time any player plays two King's Courts and a Wharf or a Torturer, any other player may gain this card.
Storyteller/Crown is Donald's Vietnam Watergate.  Alchemy is Donald's Vietnam.  Scout is the time Donald choked on a pretzel.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: November 04, 2013, 05:05:57 pm »

Time Saver
Action-Duration

+1card
+1action

Time Saver
Action

Discard your hand. At the start of your next three turns, discard your hand. While this card is in play, you draw cards from the top of your discard pile, and you do not shuffle even when a card says to do so. When this card comes into play, you may go to the restroom and/or grab a beer and/or a snack and/or check your email and/or Facebook. If you do so, you may and have the player to your left play your next three turns for you.

The first time any player plays two King's Courts and a Wharf or a Torturer, any other player may gain this card.

That saved time because it was too long to read, and I just played it no matter what the effect.

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: November 04, 2013, 05:07:20 pm »

Time Saver
Action-Duration

+1card
+1action

Time Saver
Action

That saved time because it was too long to read, and I just played it no matter what the effect.

Well, the longer one will save more time in the long run. Maybe.
Storyteller/Crown is Donald's Vietnam Watergate.  Alchemy is Donald's Vietnam.  Scout is the time Donald choked on a pretzel.

rrwoods

• Navigator
  • Respect: +32
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: November 04, 2013, 05:35:50 pm »
+1

Which?
Action-Attack
Cost: 5

+2 cards
You play, as the dealer, a game of Three-Card Monte with each other player using two Curses and a Gold from the supply*. The other player gains the card they pick in-game. The other two cards return to the supply.

* - If there are fewer than 2 Curses in the supply when you would play Three-Card Monte, move the required number to the supply from, in order of preference: the trash, your discard pile, your deck (shuffle afterward). If there are still fewer than 2 curses or if the Gold pile is empty, +1 VP and terminate this action.

This gives me a "good" card idea:

Choose three non-empty supply piles. Each opponent gains a card from one of those piles of his or her choice.

Most of the time you'd choose, like, copper/curse/estate, but it is different if ruins are present, or potions, or undesirable alt-vp, or if its a slog board, or ...

Seems like it could be a really interesting effect?

pedroluchini

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +205
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: November 04, 2013, 05:37:31 pm »
+3

Faraday Cage
Action - Attack

Each other player may reveal a smartphone in sleep mode. If he doesn't, he trashes his smartphone.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: November 04, 2013, 08:49:17 pm »
+12

Daylight Time Saver

+2 Cards
+1 Action

Six months from now, -1 Card.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: November 04, 2013, 10:05:39 pm »
+6

Fishing Pillage
Cost: 5
Action-Duration

+2 actions, gain a Spoils from the Spoils pile.
At the start of your next turn: +1 action. You may trash this card. If you do, look at each other player's hand, discard a card of your choice from each, and gain a Spoils from the Spoils pile.

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +2146
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: November 04, 2013, 10:35:52 pm »
+23

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
  • Respect: +1364
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: November 04, 2013, 10:42:38 pm »
+9

Worker's Pilllage
+1 buy
Trash this. Each other player with 5 or more cards in hand reveals his hand and discards a card that you choose. Gain 2 Spoils.

Mining Pillage
Each other player with 5 or more cards in hand reveals his hand and discards a card that you choose. Gain 2 Spoils. You may trash this. If you do, +$2

Native Pillage
Choose 1: Gain two spoils, putting them on your Native Pillage mat, or trash this, Each other player with 5 or more cards in hand reveals his hand and discards a card that you choose and put all the cards on your Native Pillage mat into your hand.

Farming Pillage
Reveal cards from the top of your deck until you reveal 2 spoils cards. Put them into your hand and discard the rest. Trash this. Each other player with 5 or more cards in hand reveals his hand and discards a card that you choose. Gain 2 Spoils.

Walled Pillage
Trash this. Each other player with 5 or more cards in hand reveals his hand and discards a card that you choose. Gain 2 Spoils. At the start of Clean up, if there is only this and at most 1 other action card in the trash, you may put this on top of your deck.

Border Pillage
Trash this. Each other player with 5 or more cards in hand reveals his hand and discards a card that you choose.
--
When you gain this, gain 2 Spoils costing less than it.

Ruined Pillage
Trash this.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 10:48:27 pm by mail-mi »
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +2146
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: November 04, 2013, 11:14:03 pm »
+18

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
  • Respect: +1980
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: November 04, 2013, 11:18:11 pm »
+8

I like how in the border pillage, the guy's about to jump off the cliff. And the farming pillage woman is apparently a giant, so I don't know how successful the attack will be...
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

thespaceinvader

• Minion
  • Respect: +120
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: November 05, 2013, 05:42:08 am »

Wining Village
Cost: 1 Potion
Action

+1 card
+2 actions
You may trash this card. If you do, you may reveal up to three Victory cards from your hand. +1 VP for each Victory card revealed.

That actually doesn't sound too bad.  It's a pile of dutchies which costs potions and don't take up handspace, at best - but uyou still need to actively green to make best use of it.  Maybe a slightly bigger cost, but it could be pretty interesting.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12870
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1889 on: November 05, 2013, 08:36:03 am »
+2

Wining Village
Action

+1 card
+2 actions
You may trash this card. If you do, you may reveal up to three Victory cards from your hand. +1 VP for each Victory card revealed.

That actually doesn't sound too bad.  It's a pile of dutchies which costs potions and don't take up handspace, at best - but uyou still need to actively green to make best use of it.  Maybe a slightly bigger cost, but it could be pretty interesting.
$1P is a pretty high cost.

Whining Village
$1P Action
While this is in the supply, when you have $0P during your buy phase, you may complain.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
  • Respect: +749
    • View Profile
« Reply #1890 on: November 05, 2013, 08:44:06 am »
+2

Horn of Inadequate
$5 - Treasure
Gain a card costing up to the number of curse cards you have in play. If it is a card, trash this card.
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

brokoli

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +786
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: November 05, 2013, 09:40:40 am »

I vote for more wishing well puns. Could it be the new scout joke ? Or Mine ?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: November 05, 2013, 09:57:17 am »

I vote for more wishing well puns. Could it be the new scout joke ? Or Mine ?

Did someone do Wishing Unwell already?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: November 05, 2013, 10:00:06 am »
+5

Wishy-Washy Well
Cost: 2
+1 Card
+1 Action

Name a card.  You may change your mind as many times as you want.  When you finish, reveal the top card of your deck.  If it is the card you finally decided on, put it in your hand.

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +5460
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: November 05, 2013, 10:20:58 am »
+9

Yeah right, there's no way they are getting past that wall  ;D

:o
Well you *do* need a signature...

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: November 05, 2013, 12:08:16 pm »
+6

Wishy-Washy Well
Cost: 2
+1 Card
+1 Action

Name a card.  You may change your mind as many times as you want.  When you finish, reveal the top card of your deck.  If it is the card you finally decided on, put it in your hand.

If the revealed card is one of the cards you named but did not decide on, gain a Curse.

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: November 05, 2013, 12:16:32 pm »

Wining Village
Action

+1 card
+2 actions

The VP mechanic might be fun, but the Village aspect of it is sort of at odds with what you're trying to do. I suppose you could get them early-ish and use them as Villages once or twice before you start trashing them hard, but then they cost you way too much.

ChocophileBenj

• Minion
  • Respect: +575
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: November 05, 2013, 12:18:27 pm »
+6

I already had the ideas of Pillage variants and got only +1 for this. World is unfair ^^

Anyway, good work Scott_pilgrim for the pictures. I'll collect'em to make the background of my desktop !
Chocolate is like victory points in Dominion. Both taste good but they'll hurt you if you eat too much of it instead of something else in your early days.

Minotaur

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: November 05, 2013, 12:30:09 pm »

I already had the ideas of Pillage variants and got only +1 for this. World is unfair ^^

Anyway, good work Scott_pilgrim for the pictures. I'll collect'em to make the background of my desktop !

That was Page 32, bro. But I hear you.

Oh, I thought of a different version of a card in that comment:

Spoiler
Cost: 1
Action-Attack

Reveal a major development in a movie or TV series. If any other player is upset to receive this information, reveal the top five cards of his or her deck and put them back in the same order, then reveal their hand.

Plot developments from the same TV series or movie cannot be revealed by Spoiler more than once in a game.

Spoiler Warning
Cost: 1
Action-Duration

+1 action
If another player plays Spoiler while this is in play, you may plug your ears and sing or hum Stars And Stripes Forever at any volume until Spoiler resolves.
At the start of your next turn, +1 coin

Powerman

• Jester
  • Respect: +605
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: November 05, 2013, 12:47:52 pm »
+1

France
$3 Action
You may drink a bottle of wine.  If you do, +2 cards, +2 Actions, +$2, +2 Buys.  If you do not, trash this card and gain a curse.
A man on a mission.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 282  All

Page created in 0.207 seconds with 21 queries.